273 Wrentham Road
Bellingham, MA 02019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coachmenslodge.com/
- Phone: 5088839888
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Campanella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Special Events: Weddings, Rehearsals, Birthdays, Class Reunions, Bridal Showers
A word from Coachmen's Lodge
Coachmen's Lodge is a great venue for any event you may be planning. At Coachmen's Lodge we take pride in our restaurant, our tavern and our banquet rooms. We also have a beautifully landscaped grounds featuring our gazebos, pond, flower beds and Courtyard Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Coachmen's Lodge - Best Restaurants in Bellingham ›
Coachmen's Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (22)good for groups (18)romantic (17)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Date Night!JulieScottCumberlandRIDined on 9/13/2014We had a great date night! Food was delish, esp the calamari special with the churizo! Even the house made salad dressing was great! We will def be back. Our waitress, Karen was great! She was so pleasant and friendly! She made many nice suggestions and made us feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- Great foodLovetoeateatDined on 9/13/2014Food was very good. We were a party of four and all had something different and were happy with what we ordered. The drinks were also good. We would definitely go back. They have an outdoor patio area but it was raining so were didn't get to experience it. We ate in the tavern and it wasn't too noisy until later in the evening.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We took advantage of the 'dinner for 2' specials and were very impressed. There were 4 of us. Between us, we had 3 different dinners. All were excellent. Quite a value. Large portions and we all took some home. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great American Farecolt45riDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant has been a local staple for over forty years. Undergoing remodeling, and new owners. Offers something for everyone, along with function rooms for weddings, small groups, and individual diners. We liked the quiet atmosphere, and the beautiful grounds behind the restaurant building that allow for wedding photos and group pictures. As a cloth tablecloth restaurant, the menu offers something to please everyone. We will go back. Meal prices are reasonable for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everGDRFDined on 8/30/2014Went back after several years. Under new management and it's quite an improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayDined on 8/30/2014Very nice did not like sitting in the bar area for dinner the floor shook every time somebody walked bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- connVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit since new management took over. Our first visit was just after they reopened and we were very pleased with our dinner and the service; not a big crowd that night. On this visit, we found the food to be again excellent. Our waitress was also excellent. The only issue was the length of time it took the kitchen to get the food out. While drinks and soups/salads came in good time, it took nearly an hour longer to get our entrees. Either they need more staffing there, or more organization. Our waitress kept rechecking to see if our orders were ready, but it did take quite a while. We will return at least one more time as our meals were very good, but I would like to give you five stars!
- First Time Guestthatguy985Dined on 8/28/2014Friends suggested that we dine here. First time guests. Experience was so much better than we had anticipated. Lovely setting, both inside and out, wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the viewBubblesDined on 8/27/2014We went to see a musician and sat out on the patio and it was gorgeous I felt like I was away on vacation. It overlooks a pond, has a Gazebo, beautiful flowers and palm trees and the bar was beautiful too. Even had a dance floor if you wanted to dance while he played. I can't wait to go back. They also have delicious entrees and appetizers, the calamari was delicious too.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014A must place to go for a relaxing and romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choiceTwoHappyCouplesDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful. . Food. . Service. . Music. . Dancing. Our patio seating was great. Food great quality and portions generous. Service was over the top. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance!EnjoysfinediningDined on 8/1/2014Highly recommend enjoying a dinner outside in The Courtyard. Setting is just perfect and the food is almost always very good. Service can be on the slow side at times, need to be patient. Kitchen hasn't figured out how to manage the busy Friday evenings and larger parties yet. We just love the setting and the food and the wait staff are good. They also need to add candles to every table like they have inside. Lighting is uneven when the sun goes down and it's difficult to see your food and the check at the end. We had to ask for one on our last visit and was brought one from inside. It was perfect, not sure why they don't arrange to have them at each table all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Will definitely go back. The lobster was cooked perfectly. Drinks were very good!!Special Features:
- Was surprised for both good and badBrindineDined on 7/26/2014Tried this restaurant on a Sat night. First the good: attentive waitress, great menu and specials. Food was presented well. I had the lobster/shrimp/scallop special that was fabulous, especially the shrimp, makes me want to try other shrimp dishes there. Asparagus was cooked perfectly. The sirloin steak was a good cut, juicy, cooked perfectly. Love the choice of steak or thin fries. Really great blue cheese dressing.BUT...no draft beers, no microbrews; mashed potatoes were tepid-cool, (wouldn't have been able to eat them anyway). Soup very salty. It took an unusually long time to get our meals…the parking lot was full but restaurant almost empty - I assume they were hosting events, but even in lounge place felt empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing placeDingerVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is the best kept secret in Boston Metro West. I had the prime rib, 2" thick cut of yumminess! My wife had tortellini. Both servings were huge and very good. Pretty fun drink list and a courtyard with a great view. We will be going back I am sure many times. Do not miss this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatickDinerDined on 7/26/2014Gorgeous setting. Menu extensive and varied. Service was attentive. Never felt rushed. Enjoyed the entire evening. Highly recommend the Villa seating, especially on a glorious summer night.Special Features:
- Excellent Outdoor DiningWoonsocketDined on 7/25/2014The outdoor dining area is really spectacular. I did find the food a little overpriced for the area. We waited quite a while for a drink, and even longer for a water refill. It was busy, but other waiters/waitresses seemed way more attentive than ours. Luck of the draw I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only good, not outstandingTerri711Dined on 7/5/2014This is the third time we've eaten at Coachmen's Lodge and this last visit just didn't live up to our two previous visits where the food was concerned. In all honesty, the first two times though, the food was absolutely outstanding and this time around my husband and I would both only rate it as good. This time around the chef got a little heavy handed with the sauces on both the filet mignon and the cowboy steak. We both agreed that we would have enjoyed our steaks more with less or even no sauce. In terms of service, this restaurant always has top notch waiters on their staff. They go the extra mile each and every time and that alone, is a great reason to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To DineSeeFoodDined on 7/3/2014We have been to the Coachmen's Lodge often, both for the "Two Dinners / Bottle of Wine" special and standard menus. The Coachmen's Lodge is a great place to meet up with friends while enjoying a very good meal in a nice atmosphere. The Special and Regular Menus offer a wide variety and good selection of meals including steaks, pasta, chicken, seafood and more. Try it, you will like it!Special Features:
- Better than EverMikePC99Dined on 7/2/2014The reinvigorated décor and menu make for an even better dining experience at Coachmen's Lodge. The restaurant is perfect for an intimate meal, a party or a wedding. In fact, we were married here 10 years ago. The prices are VERY affordable and quality is not sacrificed. The two-person meal and bottle of wine deal during the week cannot be beat anywhere else. If you have never been to Coachmen's, go. If you have not been in a while, the new owners, food, atmosphere and menu will remind you that this place is a gem. We are regulars and do not expect that to change. Oh...one more thing...the revamped outdoor bar and grille takes you to Tuscany (in the middle of Bellingham). It is a real treat.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantnote4ashDined on 7/2/2014Overall, the food, service and ambiance was very good. The only suggestion I would make is to expand the 'Dinner for Two' menu. Before I went to the restaurant, I looked up Coachman's menu online and had my eye on one of the chicken dishes. When my husband and I got to the restaurant, we decided that the 'Dinner for Two' was a better deal and decided to do that. I ordered the stuffed sole but would have liked the chicken better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likes2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious and plentiful. We had the calamari for an appetizer split between four adults and there was still some left. The salad was crisp and fresh and the peppercorn dressing was yummy. I had the veal parm which was huge and took the leftovers home for another meal. I did think the sauce was a little too tomatoey. My wife had the stuffed sole which she loved. We'll be back!Special Features:
- connVIPDined on 6/27/2014Glad to see the new management is updating the menu - kebobs were fantastic! Renovations added greatly to the atmosphere. Will visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Wonderful atmosphere, friendly service, and food was delicious. My husband and I went for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were very pleased with the overall experience and we will be back!Special Features:
- Beautiful outdoor dining.katieannDined on 6/22/2014Don't let the outside of the main restaurant stop you from trying this restaurant. The food was excellent as was the service. The management may want to paint the outside of the main restaurant to match the beauty of the new outdoor dining areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GoodFoodDined on 6/14/2014So happy we booked dinner here. The food was great and service was amazing. It was a bit loud since a large group was in the same room with us celebrating their anniversary. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capkbpDined on 6/14/2014I was greatly impressed by the quality of the food and service. Every member of my party enjoyed the food. However, the noise level was too loud. A large group was adjacent to our table. Understandably, they had to speak loud enough for all to hear. Unfortunately, their conversation permeated the room. Our group was unable to hear each other and I noted that several other dining groups were not communicating with each other for the same reason (you could tell by the looks they were giving the noisy table). I actually think that the problem was not the group, but the accoustics in the room. I wish that could be addressed since the ambiance and the food are quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st and lastcutes1125VIPDined on 6/5/2014overall the food was okay. the best is the buffalo chicken wonton. the service is great.Special Features:
- Greatly SurprisedSandyDined on 5/28/2014I have been to the Coachman for weddings but not to just go and eat there. I was very surprised of the portions of the food and the value the dinner for two was. The food was excellent and I have already told friends and relatives and I will be back. Can not wait to see the new addition to the property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Coachmen's Lodge reviews archive.
- Good spotJoethecopDined on 5/10/2014Good dinner. Good atmosphere. Great owner and service. Dinner was a little slow arriving likely due to the night before Mothers Day crowd and new owners stiill working out some kinks. The owner noticed it, came over, introduced himself and and made it up to us with free desserts. It made the difference and we were impressed. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 4 2DickDined on 5/9/2014Only available Wed & Thur Site doesn't say this nor does Open Table booking. Management change & Webmaster still trying to fix BUGS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberedjerseygirlDined on 4/11/2014We hadn't been to the Coachmen's in many years, but were going to check it out as a rehearsal dinner venue for our daughter's wedding. Ownership had just changed hands, so we were concerned, but needn't be. The chef and many of the staff, and the menu remain. Everyone makes you feel so welcome and cared for, and the food was excellent, including an extensive assortment of desserts. The remodeling appears to be taking place quickly but with minimal disruption. It is great that it is getting a facelift. We will definitely be returning! Loved the stuffed mushrooms, prime rib, planked salmon, homemade lemon sorbet, and raspberry tart.Special Features:
- Local gem!RockyDined on 4/5/2014We have been coming to the Coachman for years, both for dinner and functions. A nice neighborhood gem. Depending on room you pick can be romantic & quiet or warm & comfortable in the bar area. The prime rib is always delicious - very flavorful! Service was friendly & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find in BellinghamCoachJFDined on 4/3/2014Off the beaten path, but really great food. Took my wife there for her birthday on Thursday, our first trip there and very much enjoyed it. The ambiance is fair, although they are working on upgrading the individual dining areas which will really help augment a great meal. The 2 for $39.99 offering with entrees and a bottle of wine is something we considered, but opted for two specials, a mahi mahi and a swordfish, both covered with lobster and shrimp at a very fair price. The homemade focaccia bread was wonderful and the stuffed mushroom appetizer among the best I have had. Service was outstanding, our waiter could not have been more pleasant or helpful. Would love to see what the place looks like when renovations finished.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceTerri711Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I opted to try Coachman's Lodge over our normal Saturday night restaurant and are we ever glad we did. Upon entering, we were warmly greeted by our hostess. Our waiter was exceptional as well. He was attentive without being obtrusive and the service was impeccable. I selected the Filet Mignon and my husband had the Prime Rib, both served with a Cabernet demi-glace sauce. The beef was cooked to perfection and the best cut of meat we've had since we were in Tuscany, Italy and had their florentine steak. My husband also had the French Onion soup and a Ceasar side salad. He felt both were exceptional. All in all, a very nice experience and we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerKikiDined on 2/14/2014We arrived to a line of people waiting for tables and it was amazing to see how well the staff worked to seat everyone. The Host Noel was so helpful and even though the restaurant was full our waiter Daniel made sure we were comfortable and the food really wasn't delayed! We enjoyed our evening very much. The food was delicious as always. Kudos to all the staff for making our Valentines dinner so pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Valentine's day eveningLocalmanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Place changed hands recently, and change is for the best so far. Despite some bugs in adjusting the reservations process on Valentine's Day (some with reservations had to wait a while for a table), the food was good, and the staff was professional. The greeter did confide that they were struggling to reconcile the Open Table reservations with "the book." They'll get it sorted... Food was very good - my wife had a huge portion of salmon, while my shellfish and pasta did not disappoint. Desserts have always been a weak point, so we avoided, but I'm hopeful that the new owner will attack that problem once some of the basics (like the reservation process) are addressed.I would recommend this to a friend.