Coach House Oklahoma City
6437 Avondale Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Coach House Oklahoma City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecoachhouseokc.com/
- Phone: 4058421000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kurt Fleischfresser
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater to your needs. We can customize a menu for groups of 20 to 300. We can provide hors d'oeuvres and bartenders for a cocktail party or servers and kitchen staff for a full service multi-course meal. We can arrange for all necessary rentals. Call (405) 842-1000 and ask for Sara (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). She can assist you in all details and menu planning. Planning your party is as easy as picking up the phone. Bring The Coach House to your house.
- Private Party Facilities: Quiet. Secluded. Intimate. Whether it's a rehearsal dinner or a corporate board meeting, The Coach House offers the very best in private dining services to suit your special event. In addition to outstanding food and drink, our experienced staff offers thoughtful, personalized service for you and your guests. Our fine restaurant presents an elegant ambiance, ensuring that your time with us will be an exceptional and memorable experience. Flexibility. That's what we're all about at The Coach House. We can plan the perfect menu for any special occasion or corporate function. We'll go out of our way to ensure that you have the most memorable and unique dining experience available in Oklahoma. Call us for assistance with your special occasion or event.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Dougherty 405-842-1000
A word from Coach House Oklahoma City
Since 1985, The Coach House has been considered Oklahoma City's finest upscale restaurant. Under the experienced hand of Chef Kurt Fleischfresser, The Coach House offers an ever-changing seasonal cuisine highlighting the best local produce and regional specialties, prepared with classical perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Coach House Oklahoma City - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Coach House Oklahoma City reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (32)romantic (27)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent, Neighborhood Gemoars2pppDined on 10/6/2014Many years ago, living in Evanston, IL, we enjoyed a restaurant named Trio. It was in an intimate setting, had an excellent wine list, and the food was always a memorable, thoroughly enjoyable experience. In the Coach House we have been introduced to an establishment of equal excellence. Steve, our waiter, led us through the menu with clarity and provided excellent suggestions. Each plate had a unique presentation and perfect preparation. We will return in short order.Special Features:
- Something to experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the Coach House. The restaurant is charming and I could see how this place would be viewed as a special occasion kind of place; but it is more than that. I tried foods that I wouldn't normally eat (foie gras and duck) and I enjoyed them. The tasting menu was a great way to experiment without worrying. Every dish was presented as a piece of art. It is clear that someone puts a lot of time into these dishes. I would go back in a heart beat. Take someone special and enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite OKC RestaurantjbfoodiesDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I have been going here for years as it's our favorite restaurant in OKC. We recently went there for his bday and had an excellent meal as usual but i was a little disappointed when we didnt' get the usual "Happy Birthday" spelled out on his dessert with a candle. They must have not read my reservation notes. It was still a great meal though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to WonderfulokcfoodieDined on 8/30/2014For awhile the menu at the Coach House felt a little stale. All that has changed with David Henry as chef. Food was outstanding and the tasting menu a delight.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing and the service was the best I have ever experienced. LOVED IT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorktofishDined on 8/13/2014This is a white table cloth, fine dining experience at its best! Terrific service, attentive and informative wait staff, and a beautiful space. I only travel to Oklahoma City occasionally, but it is high up on my list of favorites.Special Features:
- DESSERTMKWINGODined on 8/9/2014IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND I WANTED SOUFLE AND THIS WAS THE ONLYU RESTAURANT THAT HAD SOUFFLE, WELL THE SOUFFLE WELL THSY PROBABLY SHOULD REMOVE FROM THE MENU, VERY DISSAPOINTED. IT WAS OVER COOKED AND JUST TASTED LIKE SCRAMBLED EGG, IT WAS NOT SWEET ENOUGH EITHER, AND THE RASBERRY SAUCE HAD NO FLAVOR , VERY VERY DISAPOINTED I HAD LOOKED FORWARD TO THIS FOR WEEKS AND THEN JUST A LET DOWN, BUT THE I SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT AND VERY NICE, I WOULD GO BACK AND TRY THEYRE ENTREES BUT NOT THE SOUFFLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timedrw1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, excellent service and special ambience once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchphilharmonicloverDined on 8/8/2014I meet a friend for lunch. This is a place where you can easily converse - one of the few. The food and wine (La Posta Malbec) were excellent. We both had the B L T with a great sauce. There was a fashion show going on that was a real bonus as well. The wait staff is impeccable. Nothing but high praise here.Special Features:
- Fine diningTopherDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I went to eat at the coach house for the first time on our seventh anniversary. The food was very delicious! We asked for a specific sauce to be on our desert ad the waiter said "they can do that" however, after waiting several minutes for the desert, it ce out with the sauce we had asked for. We also received the wrong check at the end of the meal. The service was very good other than that. I would however expect more from a restaurant that we paid $148 for two of us and no alchol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!DewsbluesDined on 7/31/2014What a great place to eat! We can't wait to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undoubtedly OKC's best restaurantddsdadDined on 7/30/2014Fine ambience, great food and drink; courteous staff, one can blindly choose any item and it is guaranteed to be good. Dinner was excellent with surrounding green and quiet location. Price is justifiable for the quality of food, taste and uniqueness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, Really bad restruantEd1234Dined on 7/28/2014My wife and I have eaten in restaurants in almost every major city in the USA and of course also have eaten and a lot of the restaurants in Oklahoma City, the "coach house" was without a doubt at the very bottom of the list as far as quality of food and service. My wife ordered duck and I had steak and neither one of us could even finish our entrée within a hour both of our stomachs were upset. I would not recommend this restaurant even to my worst enemy
- Nice and Relxed EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014If you are looking for a good place to step away from the hustle and bustle this is it. The servers take pride in attending to you and you are able to relax and enjoy the meal. Do not expect everything listed in the on-line menu to be available, I got my hopes set on one thing that was listed and then they did not offer it on the dinning menu. However, the food they did prepare was very good.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu-interesting ideaBronkoDined on 7/18/2014Recently visit CH for an anniversary dinner. Ambiance, service, just plain warmth of staff was still apparent. Waitstaff reviewed the intricacies of the tasting menu and we decided to go with the 3 course menu (4 oz servings, you can also opt for 5 courses; we skipped the cheese and desert). Each of first 3 courses offers 3 choices covering a wide variety of content and tastes. Wife and I each picked a different item for all 3 rounds to get a better idea of what was available...not disappointed by a single one. Would tell you what we had but it would be pointless...the menu changes weekly, if not daily. All in all another lovely evening at the CH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldSamDined on 7/1/2014A night to celebrate was made complete with service and a meal that were memorable. Great dining experience. We ate the 5 course, of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceFoodie4ThoughtDined on 6/30/2014This is a older restaurant but the ambiance is very nice. Unfortunately the food was not up to par and seemed very rushed. If you do decide to stop by I hope you have a much better experience with food made to order not dried out and reheated.Special Features:
- AnniversaryFoodAddictDined on 6/28/2014Amazing food! Amazing wine selection! We were just going to grab some food and ended up having an amazing experience. Servers were enthusiastic about what they do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 6/28/2014great steak and salmon and the food served was so nice the atmosphere was very romantic and quiet my wife and i enjoyed the service and also we could talk and it was not noisy . We had a nice wine list to review and the portions were very large. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, priced a little highTNSIIIDined on 6/24/2014The food and service were very good. A loud table next to us made for a less enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 321 reviews are from the Coach House Oklahoma City reviews archive.
- Favorite lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/19/2014Always interesting, I have never had bad food. The salmon was the best I have had, even at lunch, I returned two days later and had the best tenderloin I can remember. Good job coach house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night with HubbyCarolynDined on 6/14/2014I surprised my husband with a secret night out. He didn't know where we were going until we arrived. Food was wonderful and dessert was yummy!! It's a beautiful setting for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- RabadiDined on 6/14/2014Would recommend to friends and colleagues - place was neat and clean, food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestSchatziDined on 6/3/2014It is always a treat to go to the Coach House for lunch or dinner. The menu is varied and interesting, as is the wine list, the servers are very attentive and the atmosphere is very conducive to quiet conversation. As indicated above, a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Meeting spotOKCAdvisor1Dined on 6/2/2014Food was excellent, especially the steaks, which most of us chose. The pecan-crusted salmon also had great reviews from one of our party. Only possible knock was the service was a little slow, but that may have partly been due to the staff noticing we were having a small business dinner with a family. Very small but elegant atmosphere w/plenty of space between tables, so it feels quiet and not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Anniversary DinnerJimDiehlDined on 5/28/2014Nice special occasion dining experience. Interesting menu that was a nice break from the franchise experience. Food was well prepared and the service excellent.Special Features:
- SwanyDined on 5/23/2014One of the overall best dining experiences in OKC. Great attention to detail, and the food was wonderful...every morsel! My group of friends and I especially enjoyed the Tasting Menu. Thanks for making a special evening for a colleague's retirement most enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great ServicelvtoeatVIPDined on 5/20/2014The Coach House remains one of my most favorite eating establishments in this city. The entire staff and food presentation plus the food itself is always outstanding. The Chef is to be commended along with the wait staff!Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Lunch for two - very elegant, and very fast. Lunch was delicious! Thank you for making my special occasion perfect. Just was I was looking for.Special Features:
- Our go to occasion placeLmatVIPDined on 5/19/2014Been spending our wedding anniversary there for 20 years and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic and cutting edgePraterialupoDined on 4/28/2014The Coach House is the best fine dining experience in Oklahoma City, or any city for that matter. The choice of the classics, for example, Dover sole, mixed with the artistry of the creations on The Tasting Menu, Mangalitsa pork, puts this establishment at the top of any list of top restaurants in the southern United States.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business friendlyBizLchDined on 4/15/2014We entertained a client for lunch. It was perfect. The food, service and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very special eveningFood4funDined on 4/8/2014We had a very special evening with friends, celebrating an important birthday for our son. The tasting menu was so creative, beautifully presented, and wonderfully satisfying. We had requested a special dessert ahead of time, which was also so beautifully and creatively prepared. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL FAMILY NIGHTbigjepDined on 4/1/2014We had our first family night visit to The Coach House after considering it for several years. The experience did not disappoint. We only splurge like this once a year or so and this was fantastic. Highly recommend. The steaks were amazing as was the rack of lamb that I tried for the first time. The scallops and pork belly were also amazing. The appetizers we selected were all good too. And they decorated our dessert plates with special writing of Happy Birthday. Nice touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want the best, go toKenCarlyleVIPDined on 3/25/2014If you want the best, go to the best. Unparalleled in Oklahoma. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD MEAL AT THE COACH HOUSEScottVIPDined on 3/12/2014MY FIRST TIME AT THE COACH HOUSE. FOOD WAS VERY GOOD I STARTED WITH A CAESAR SALAD AND HAD THE RACK OF LAMB. BOTH EXCELLENT IN FLAVOR ALTHOUGH MY MEDIUM RARE LAMB WENT BACK FOR MORE COOKING. WONDERFUL PRESENTATION AND THE SERVICE WAS GOOD. THE RESTAURANT WAS NOT VERY BUSY AND I FELT THAT I HAD TO WAIT A LITTLE LONG BEFORE I RECEIVED THE WINE LIST AND THE MENU. FROM THE TIME I WAS SEATED, TO MENU ARRIVAL WAS APPROXIMATELY 15 MINUTES. WATER HAD BEEN POURED AND I WAS ASKED IF I WANTED A DRINK BUT THE WAITER HAD TO GO BACK AND RETRIEVE A WINE MENU. THE WINE MENU SHOULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO THE TABLE INITIALLY. WAITER WAS VERY PERSONABLE AND EXCELLENT OTHERWISE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but get wine list in order.chap621VIPDined on 3/8/2014Excellent in most respects, except I had to go through FOUR orders for a bottle of pinot noir before we found one that was in stock, tho' listed on the wine list. At one point I ordered a Ken Wright, and was offered a Ken Wright Cellars!—hardly the same. Otherwise great food and service as usual. Best lamb chops I've had in a LONG time.Special Features:
- Business dinnerCaptainDined on 3/6/2014It was an excellent meal - as I have come to expect at the Coach House. They food was excellent, but they were very slow in getting it to us; restaurant was not crowded, but it took a long time to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Desserts!CheatsheetVIPDined on 2/22/2014Coach House is a small, VERY expensive elegant restaurant. Ask for a table by the window. The food is usually top notch, but we hit it on an off night:( the shrimp appetizer was delicious as usual, the Caesar salad was fresh and crisp, but the main courses were not worth the prices. My husband had the strip steak which was tasty but extremely tough. I ordered rack of lamb (medium), and one of the 3 chops served was very rare. That plate shouldn't have been allowed to leave the kitchen. Very disappointing. We appreciated the waiter bringing a 2009 cab without prompting instead of the 2010 listed on the menu. Better year- Very appreciated. We ordered soufflés and they were the best! Will try again eventually. Sad about entree food quality:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicholas hills insider clubEtnokcDined on 2/21/2014Really very boring, adequate food, high price. Waitress sorta good. Drinks never came. Bar tender sent home early. If u are over 65 or feel the need to be seen where everyone else is of old money , then mayb this might b a choice.Special Features: