Coach House (FKA Players Club Restaurant)
13410 South Shore Blvd.
Wellington, FL 33414Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Coach House (FKA Players Club Restaurant)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://playersclubrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5617950080
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
5:00pm - 10:00pm ( May thru October)
Monday - Sunday
5:00pm - 10:00pm (November thru April)
5:00pm - Midnight (In the Bistro)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Campbell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Trophy Room can accommodate up to 45 guests, perfect for business meetings & rehearsal dinners & birthdays.
- Private Party Contact: Dolores Schlick 8883671734
A word from Coach House (FKA Players Club Restaurant)
Located on the grounds of an internationally known polo stadium, the Players Club Restaurant offers American-style cuisine - pasta, steak & seafood - delivered to you in a friendly, professional manner. Our traditionally appointed restaurant combines elegance with a casual ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coach House (FKA Players Club Restaurant) reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mother's Day BrunchMomsDayBrunchDined on 5/11/2014Food selection was great, from fresh seafood, salads, hot entrees, breakfast items, varietal cheese platter, to homemade desserts. Wait staff was very friendly, attentive and accommodating. Overall experience was very good. Facility could use an update as it is fairly dated. Only downside was 20% gratuity was tacked on the bill for 4 adults and a small child. Should be left up to the guest; and was steep considering it was a buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is searching forRIcardoEVIPDined on 4/4/2014This place is searching for an identity! A great place to start is with service. Just saying.
- You can take the reservation but!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2014They had no problem taking the reservation but they failed to keep the reservation. We had an 8 PM reservation but first sat at 9:15. We waited in the bar area which felt like we were sitting in someone's basement. Ordered apps that they forgot to bring. They ran out of one the main courses and let us know as everyone else's were being delivered. Some of the dishes came out cold. There are plenty of other choices. Not sure why I would want to try it again??
- Great small platter conceptWellingtonwiizard1Dined on 3/8/2014Excellent servings for sharing with a group. Imaginative and uniqueselectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country Club FeelimsadriverDined on 3/7/2014I'm not one for a country club. Nice decor, food was good (not wow) but not memorable. Service fair. Dead on a Friday night in season. To sum it up....boring.
- We were seated at 5:30 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014We were seated at 5:30 pm at a table directly in front of an entrance as well as in front of a kitchen door. We asked to be moved but were told "the restaurant is completely full this evening"- there was only one other table occupied in our dining room and empty tables available when we left 1.5 hours later. The food is tapas style which my wife and I usually enjoy. The shrimp & grits was extremely bland. The other dishes were OK but not good or great. Chocolate ganache tart for desert- the crust was so thick and hard we could barely break it with the spoons we were provided. When we were able to break the crust bits went flying everywhere from the force required. The tapas and deserts are good ideas but are not executed well at all.
- Good drinks and wine, notepilogDined on 2/20/2014Good drinks and wine, not very big choice of food and not bread at all on the table..... Very unusual
- Coach HouseDrJackDined on 2/18/2014A great place to dine especially mid week. Quiet noise level good pace on servingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting to returnJofromnewyorkDined on 2/18/2014the ambience is pleasant and the food is excellent. Best wishes.advertise as frequently as local newspapers present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceWellieDined on 2/14/2014Food was fantastic. Had clients here and was impressive. Great change from old management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful servicerpbcoupleDined on 2/14/2014Small portions, the caesar salad for example was maybe 2 leaves of romaine another item was a an appetizer abuut three bites of food, There was no bread, and only candied cashews were offered. Main portions did not even include a side item, Was much better when it was the Polo Club.Special Features:
- What a special restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014What a special restaurant!!! This is a very special place for fine dining with a wonderful atmosphere. The food was extraordinary and the service great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A Wonderful PlaceDrJackDined on 2/8/2014Great food and service. Wonderful Ambience. Our server Danielle and the Manager Matthew Barger were most attentive and made us feel like regulars which we intend to become.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unevenricki100Dined on 2/7/2014We love the locale of this restaurant however under the new owners the service was spotty. As food didn't come out all at the same time and it wasn't cooked or specifications they ran out of some dishes and it wasn't all that late maybe 8 PM they were very powerful apologetic but could not make up for it fir some in our groupSpecial Features:
- menu selectionjoanq12Dined on 1/30/2014For my taste I found the selection limited.. It is great for those that like small portions or tapas but for those who want a regular plate, the selection was limited. I know you can double up the small plates but that's not what we wanted to do. What we did order was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Danielle was a superb server and everything we ordered was better than expected. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent local place.TheOwnerVIPDined on 1/18/2014We live in the area and decided to try out this local spot. It was a friendly spot and the food was decent. Small wine list but they had great wines reasonably priced by the glass. Food was a little greasy but otherwise good. It could have been better. We stuck to the tapas and it was not great but decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Players ClubNickinwellyDined on 1/17/2014We enjoyed the Players Club, a bit pricey for ordinary dining but nice for a special occasion. The new menu is confusing. Our wait person was lovely, but did not take any time to explain the menu. Had we been advised we would have ordered a bit differently. Salad did not come with the $36 Filet, it was additional. Nothing came with the crab cakes. Food was lovely, but had we been better informed we would have ordered differenly and possibly spent more. I am sure the people at the table next to us were wonderful people, and they seemed to be having a great time. We were grateful when they left as the noise was reduced by half. Our experience was a bit uneven so I am not sure we will try it again.Special Features:
- Coach House in WellingtonEllenSDined on 1/14/2014The Tapas-style restaurant was impeccable! The menu had sections for small plates and large plates. Both plates had generous allotments. It was all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New nameLuvfoodVIPDined on 1/11/2014We visited this restaurant last year and enjoyed it, but this Year they have kicked it up a notch! The service was much better and the food Had improved as well!!! Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateBillyDined on 1/4/2014We had an enjoyable dinner Saturday night. Tables are not crammed together so you can enjoy a private conversation. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was very good as well. We tried five different dishes from their Tapas menu. After dinner we sat in the bar area and enjoyed the atmosphere there too. Outside they have a two fire pits and another bar. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here on a week nightPinkastrosDined on 1/2/2014We came here on a week night right after New Years. They have a new tapas style menu it was amazing. You have to try their calamari and filet mignon. It is out of this world. My friend had the burrata and pork chop and it was also incredible. The service is on point, we never had to look for our waitress she was always around when we needed her. The whole staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The manager came by our table to talk to us and make sure everything was good. The ambiance is very chic. This is defiantly a place you want to eat at and bring your whole family or even a group of friends. I'll definitely be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time sinceKMatDined on 1/2/2014This was our first time since the change from the Players Club. Food was very good and we were there on a slow night so it was quiet enough to have table conversation without straining to hear. The ambience was warm and comfortable. I had the scallops with risotto which was some of the best risotto I've had in a restaurant. Couldn't say much about the yellow tail grouper-could have come from any fast food restaurant. My friend had a steak she said was excellent. I have high hopes for their success and will return.Special Features:
- good but a real shortcomingwellieDined on 1/2/2014food was very good. Prices were ok but Portions were very "moderate" they did not and would not serve any bread....I mean really?????? Are they afraid someone will not order an entrée because they had a slice of bread??? Keep in mind, the entrees come with NOTHING.....It was good but I left hungry The service was fantastic and the setting is great. What not give some "value"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRickDined on 12/28/2013The food was very good. My only recommendation would be to order only one plate to started with. The server recommended we order a couple of the small plates and we had more food than we needed. We would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good / Service not so good.Sus4Dined on 12/28/2013If you just go there for the food and nothing else you'll be fine, but if you're like me you'll want the whole package to be great. My wife had to tell a server that we wanted service after sitting there for a fair amount of time. When we walked into the restaurant there was no one there to greet us and we didn't know where to go. The rooms upstairs, which is where you are when you walk in, were empty. We had to ask some one who walked in after us where the restaurant was and she told us downstairs. I ordered a dessert and they forgot to bring it. I had to remind them. This was a Saturday night right after Christmas. Our server was very nice, but she seem inexperienced. We won't be going back.
- Pleasantly supprisedFoursomeDined on 12/27/2013Beautiful entry way. However, there was no sign to tell you that the restaurant Is downstairs nor was there an elevator visible. When we did go downstairs , we saw a warm welcoming atmosphere. We were escorted to a window side table. The entire staff was very friendly, pleasant and knowledgeable. We ordered the small plates and were very pleased. The food was very tasty and we will return.Special Features:
- I'm coming back!NoodbearDined on 12/25/2013I would have selected all of the above, the only reason I have not done so is because I haven't witnessed it being a 'Hot Spot' or having a 'Vibrant Bar Scene'. I came on Christmas Day and it was a very mellow albeit wonderful dinner and couldn't have asked for more! I'm looking forward to coming for New Years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorrificLuv2golfDined on 12/24/2013The single worst dining experience ever. The food was horrible and the service was just as bad.
- The restaurant looks just1trickponyDined on 12/24/2013The restaurant looks just as it did when Players club: attractive, a bit worn, cozy. The service was good, attentive, with many large tables there at the same time as we were on Christmas Eve. The food disappointed all three of us. Lackluster, over-cooked salmon; tasteless lobster roll ( was it even lobster?); and frozen-dinner-quality chicken. They were out of one of their white wines by the glass. My guess the bar scene will be as it always has been-- busy, lively-- and the outdoor space is lovely. Wellington has so many good alternatives that we shall not return.Special Features:
- Coach HouseLloydADined on 12/20/2013Very interesting tapas and large plate menu, but the food was just average. Service and ambience where delightful.Special Features:
- New player in townkaggyDined on 12/17/2013Cheerful staff from valets to waiters. I look forward to a great eatery.Special Features:
- Better Every WeekRonBVIPDined on 12/14/2013Now I can add the Strawberry Spinach Salad, Calamari, and the Goat Cheese Chicken to the list of new menu items we have tried. All were excellent; however, the calamari is in a class by itself. A true winner! The staff too, is getting much more comfortable in their new positions. All in all, it is a spectacular local venue within Wellington. Truly a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Amazing service!!NadigirlDined on 12/14/2013This was our second time visiting the Coach House. Our first was only a week ago. The food and service was so great that we had to go back. Met Matt, the manager who paid attention to everything. Great job! Food was spectacular again, and the service was top of the line. A+ all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in WellingtonNadigirlDined on 12/7/2013Service was great! Very attentive from the moment we came in. Layout of restaurant was a little strange. Had to go downstairs from entry door to go to main dining room. Seemed like we were in a basement. However, they did give us a nice table next to window where we could see outside. Food was excellent small menu which we felt allowed the chef to pay close attention to detail and quality of food. Everything that we ordered was outstanding, had flatbread, calamari for apps. Both of which we could taste the freshness of the food. Same for our main course. The portions allowed us to enjoy our meals and have dessert at the end. Definitely found a gem in Wellington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantZinmanVIPDined on 12/7/2013We returned to the Coach House after a great meal last week so we could try more of the delicious small plates.Of course we had to try the amazing calamari again,they are the best we have had in years--the BBQ ribs were so delicious and the Lamb Chops were so well prepared--our friends loved the larger dishes especially the salmon--We also enjoyed the delicious Berry Cobbler and the Bread Pudding for dessert---All in all, a wonderful experience--We cannot wait until we return to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change, but no change!RonBVIPDined on 12/7/2013A new name, new menu, and several new persons on the wait staff. However, the superb chef and superior management remained the same. What that means is the food is still spectacular and the service is fantastic. The lamb chops and the diver scallops with risotto are award winners. The staff is knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. It has only been open for a couple of weeks and is already running like clockwork. With Matt at the controls, all is great!!! Players Club or Coach House, it will still remain our "go to" place for a fantastic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old is newFreddy2VIPDined on 11/30/2013Just left Coach House FKA Players Club. New menu new concept same Great food. Calamari was the best we have ever eaten. Tapas menu was perfect. Matt you have a winner. We hope that word doesn't get out. Coach House is amazing!!!!Special Features:
- After the showBirthdayDined on 4/28/2013We were happy to go back to the Players, the food was good as we remembered and its good to know we have such a gem in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food every good, waiter couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Food every good, waiter could be a little more attentive to our needs. Rest of the staff very attentive.Special Features: