55 Boston Post Rd
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.coachgrill.com/
- Phone: 5083585900x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Patrick Lally
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining areas for seated and reception-style events accommodating 10 to 150 guests. Our group dining areas are available for brunch, lunch and dinner. Our team is ready to assist you with planning your event, whether it is a business luncheon or dinner, birthday party, wedding reception, company meeting or other social gathering.
Please call us at (671) 425-5206 or email us at email@example.com.
Hector Tovar, General Manager
Patrick Lally, Executive Chef
Laura Buonarotti, Sales Manager
- Private Party Contact: Laura Buonarotti 8883384127
A word from Coach Grill
Coach Grill introduces guests to a new and unique dining experience focusing on the finest-quality food and five-star service. The Coach Grill offers its guests the finest choice meats aged a minimum of five weeks to ensure extra flavor, the freshest fish and seafood available, as well as a daily rotisserie selection. The dedicated and well-trained staff will strive graciously to accommodate every guest and any special requests. The wine list is specifically designed with the wine aficionado in mind, offering an extensive selection of fine wines from the best regions around the world. The dining room represents an atmosphere of casual elegance with cozy booths, wood detailing, and a stone fireplace. An attractive private dining room is also available to host your next special event, be it family or business dinner, a meeting, rehearsal, or your own dinner party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Coach Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Coach Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (54)romantic (43)good for groups (40)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The Coach Grill always leaves us satisfied. The food is great, the service has never disappointed and the atmosphere very relaxing! We have held special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and other family occasions with great success. Last night we had the excellent Crab Cocktail appetizer. I had the Bone In Ribeye, cooked perfectly, my wife had the grilled swordfish with the lobster risotto, both meals were delicious. Desert was the Peach Crisp topped with Vanilla Ice Cream....too good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We went to the Coach Grill for a simple birthday brunch. It turned out to be the nicest brunch we have ever had. The food seections were simple but still offered a good variety. The food tasted fabulous! The home fries were to die for! I would recommend the Coach Grill for brunch to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise at Coah GrillBeanpotDined on 8/29/2014Had heard that this restaurant was sliding a bit. Surprised that food, service, etc. were all great. Crab cakes were excellent-lots of meat not filler. No delays with getting appetizers or main course. Will definitely head back there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Relaxing atmosphere, finest-quality food and five star service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I have been going to the Coach Grill for years and this last visit was a little disappointing. First you guys had the BEST bread in the world and you switch it The sourdough bread was the best!! Also the prices have gone up so much just from in the last month!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfectpickypickyDined on 8/24/2014We went to the Coach Grill to celebrate 2 birthdays. We went on a Sunday in August. Every single aspect of the dining experience exceeded our expectations and when we think of how many experiences exceed expectations, this is truly a notable achievement. We requested "quiet", and "we don't want to be rushed" and they delivered. Our server was truly exceptional providing just enough attention to make us feel appreciated but not enough to feel uncomfortable. Her suggestions were great and really contributed to our enjoyment. The food was really exceptional -- both of us had a beef entrée: superbly seasoned and precisely cooked to our requests. A special place for a very special occasion. Pricey - but worth every penny.Special Features:
- ChardonayDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was outstanding! Our waiter was great on both nights!
- Slow ServiceSMD0408Dined on 8/19/2014We went to the Coach Grille to celebrate my Dads 85th birthday on a Tuesday night. The service that night was extremely slow with very long gaps between courses. While the main entrees were good, the mash potatoes arrived cold. We avoided ordering dessert as we did not want to spend another hour at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistent!EatoutlotVIPDined on 8/19/2014I love this restaurant! It is consistently delicious. I am a frequent diner here and bring business, family and friends here. Where can one go ALL the time and have consistency it doesn't happen, here it does. I have been on a quiet night and crazy busy weekends the food is always consistent and delicious. The staff are very helpful if you are torn for a choice. The steaks and seafood are equally delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014Overall good...........our service surpassed the food.Special Features:
- never disappoints!TorchyVIPDined on 8/17/2014As always, the food and service are superb! A classic steak house with a modern menu -Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTableTalkerDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at the Coach Grill on Saturday night. He picked the restaurant -- it's a favorite! Great, friendly and competent service at both the bar and in the dining room. Our meals were delicious and the atmosphere was great - lively and fun, but not too loud. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We have dined here before and it has been excellent, this past visit was very mediocre. They served us rolls before we even opened the menu which was a nice gesture, but it tasted like it had been frozen and reheated. The menu had changed and I asked for a plain side salad and the waitress said they couldn't do that, to order a salad from the menu (not cheap) and pick off what I didn't want. My salad was not very good. I got the brown rice risotto and it reminded me of bad Chinese food. My husband had oysters, which he has gotten there before, and said they weren't nearly as good as normal, and his first few bites of the filet was just OK but it did get better. Our meals could've been better somewhere else at half the price.Special Features:
- Delicious!flowerladyDined on 8/14/2014We were initially seated near the bar, where it was unusually chilly, so we asked for another table, which was promptly provided. We had an excellent meal -- swordfish with lobster risotto and asparagus for my husband and sea bass with lobster ravioli and spinach and tomatoes for me. Everything was top notch. The service was also good, except for the 5 or 10 minute lag between coffee, served soon after our meal, and dessert, which we would have preferred to have with our coffee. It was not a dessert which needed cooking, so the lag was inexplicable. We jogged the waiter's memory, who simply replied "It's coming," which it did about 3 or 4 minutes later. However, this was the first time we've had a complaint about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 03passatDined on 8/9/2014food quality has really turned for the worst......
- Coach Grill first timersDaveDined on 8/9/2014We were not prepared for the ala carte nature of the menu. The side dishes were enormous, and could have been shared between several of us. They came in large, separate dishes, and it was difficult to arrange them on the table for eating with the main entree. At least, they provided us with two dishes after we said that we would split a Ceaser salad.Special Features:
- recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014great experience but bring a full wallet and a big appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coach GrillCashmaDined on 8/9/2014In a phase, "just expensive." Beef is excellent, place was crowded but service is moderate. For a per couple cost of $200 you expect both meals to be served at the same time - ours were not - and there was no apology. (Also, observed others sending their plates back to the kittchen.) Key problem is too many people involved with attending to each table, with no one particularly responsible. Further we were packed into a row of little tables because we were only a couple. Nice but definitely not worth the costSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantElaineDined on 8/9/2014Love, love, love it! Great food, drink and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fineTonyKDined on 8/8/2014We had a group of 4 couples. All the women had fish, 3 Sea Bass and one Ahi Tuna, and all enjoyed it. The men had steak but there was an issue with the two Porterhouse steaks not being cooked properly. A medium steak was more well done and a medium rare was closer to medium. The steaks were redone and they were then fine. The only problem was the meal was now disjointed and the side orders of vegetables had gotten cold. Too bad because that reduced the overall enjoyment of the meal. However our wine selections were great and the two desserts ordered, a skillet Cookie and Abe and Louis Chocolate cake were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food super waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014Corn pudding is yummy! Food was great and our waitress was attentive but not intrusive. A little on the noisy side so if heading an issue ask for seating away from middle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Have dined at the Coach Grill, many, many, times, NEVER are we disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good mealfrequentdinerDined on 8/2/2014Got good service, prime rib was very good (tasty and tender) and a good portion. Chicken picata was very good as well. Jumbo baked potato lived up to it's name. Salad was very tasty and big enough to share. Didn't have the baked bread I really liked in prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladymayDined on 8/1/2014The meal was great as always...but thought that when ordering the Petite Filet Mignon as my husband and I did...that when it arrived at the table, it could have had some garnish on the plate.... Seeing the filet on a stark white plate (more like a platter) did nothing to enhance the meal. Maybe some parsley, lettuce leaf, watercress...something....would have made all the difference in the "presentation." It seems as at if most restaurants today pay attention to presentation...except for Coach Grill...Special Features:
- BirthdayEatoutlotVIPDined on 7/28/2014Fabulous as always! I had my friends take me for my Birthday! I had my favorite server and my friends what could be better! The food was Fabulous! I miss the old bread that was wonderful but I get it people have allergies the new bread is good. Food and service are consistently great, you know what to expect and are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Food consistentChrisDined on 7/26/2014The food was good, per usual. We had not dined there in a year or so. The service was attentive, but the food was slow to come out of the kitchen, and the waiter forgot to enter our son's order (appetizer and dinner), or else the kitchen forgot to make it. The waiter did apologize but there was no offer to discount an appetizer or dessert as is generally the custom in these situations. The food is good, and it is a nice atmosphere. It gets noisy when busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2finedinersDined on 7/26/2014excellent food, ambiance and service except for the very annoying long wait for desert to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not the sameseasoneddinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have been going to Coach Grill for almost 10 years. Although the service has generally been very good, this restaurant simply is not the same in terms of food quality - especially given the prices involved. This was not just an "off night". Rather, it was the third time we have been back to try, yet the result was still the same; [almost] average food at a premium price.Special Features:
- BirthdaysEatoutlotVIPDined on 7/25/2014I love Coach Grill I am a frequent visitor I would say. On my recent visit we were celebrating two Birthdays on the same day. Being summer on a weekend it was delightful! With so many away it was not as noisy as usual. Joanne was most accommodating getting us a perimeter table because my Mum has hearing issues. KL is WONDERFUL! He makes the dining experience an evening to remember! My young nephews were with us. They are becoming foodies as this is their hands down favorite restaurant. They start at the top with appetizers and work on down to desert! This night a platter of deserts arrived! To the delight of all. You would never know we just ate a three course meal....there was nothing left! Thank you for another wonderful memory!Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014The food was OK; not up to par with previous, occasional visits. We ordered the Buffalo Mozzarella Beefstake tomato salad as an appetizer. What we got were tomato slices on Romaine lettuce with blue cheese; no mozzarella, arugula, pine nuts, etc. It wasn't even close. I don't think such a dish is even on their menu. Our waiter was a very nice guy but it seemed like his first day on the job. No plates for the app, no specials offered, never returned to pour wine, and he didn't tell me that the lamb chops comes with potatoes when I ordered them as a side. Overall, a very amateurish experience and I consider my expectations very minimal. Even the bartender seemed annoyed when we asked where the restrooms were located. Yikes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014heather was terrific-- just the right level of service. Nicollete was a delightful maitreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedAldoVIPDined on 7/21/2014Haven't been to Coach Grill for a few years and probably won't return. Both our steaks were overcooked and a bit dry. Waitress did offer to replace them, but we waited so long that we just ate them and got out of there. No manager came by to check on us or apologize for the poor meal. Very overpriced for what you can get better elsewhere.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice, relaxed evening. Our server, Nick, was very attentive. The food was very good and well prepared and presented. Coach Grill is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTonibVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful 10 year Anniversary celebration at Coach Grill as always it is a great dining experience. The service is always first rate!Special Features:
- What happenOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have dined at the Coach Grill many times over the years and tonight dinner was terrible!? It started with our waiter he was very disengaged, never told us what the special were and he seems...not interested in making this a great dining experience. The food...steak over cooked, no flavor and small. My dish was Arctic Char and it was over done. If this is the new standard at the Coach Grill...we will be dining else where.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great dinner, but I ordered the petit filet off the meat menu and it came on a large oval plate with ONLY a piece of meat over to one side of the plate. It was the saddest plate I have ever been served and at $33 for that piece of meat it was laughable!!! It was really good, but the presentation was really lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyedCrusader21Dined on 7/18/2014The few times year I spring for an Abe & Loius steak, I am never disappointed. Love them. One comment...we purchased 3 sides..to share among 3 of us and the delicious mashed potato was sparse..while we could have drowned in mushrooms. better balance needed.Special Features:
- SashaDined on 7/17/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times and the food and service has always been exceptional Occasionally some of the guests are too loud - can't control everybody of course. The portions are quite large, so I recommend that patrons go light on the bread and appetizers, to leave room for the delicious deserts.Special Features:
- Coach Grill, Wayland MAMartDined on 7/12/2014My wife's birthday meal (petite filet mignon) was very good. However, I really thought it was impossible to mess up preparing a boiled lobster; but they succeeded. The lobster meat tasted like warm permeated dishwater ...not sweet or succulent. My fault for not returning it immediately. When asked, I told the server and was given a free dessert. Appreciate that, but I'm not likely to return for a while. When and if I do, I would certainly not order anything but a steak dish.Special Features:
- Not their best showingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Coach Grill a number of times in the past. We usually have a good experience. This time was a disappointment as the service was poor. Our steak was overcooked and the side dishes we ordered arrived 10 to 15 minutes after our entries arrived. I will probably give it another try in the future as I am hopeful that they just had an off night.Special Features: