55 Boston Post Rd
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.coachgrill.com/
- Phone: 5083585900x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Patrick Lally
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining areas for seated and reception-style events accommodating 10 to 150 guests. Our group dining areas are available for brunch, lunch and dinner. Our team is ready to assist you with planning your event, whether it is a business luncheon or dinner, birthday party, wedding reception, company meeting or other social gathering.
Please call us at (671) 425-5206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hector Tovar, General Manager
Patrick Lally, Executive Chef
Laura Buonarotti, Sales Manager
- Private Party Contact: Laura Buonarotti 8883384127
A word from Coach Grill
Coach Grill introduces guests to a new and unique dining experience focusing on the finest-quality food and five-star service. The Coach Grill offers its guests the finest choice meats aged a minimum of five weeks to ensure extra flavor, the freshest fish and seafood available, as well as a daily rotisserie selection. The dedicated and well-trained staff will strive graciously to accommodate every guest and any special requests. The wine list is specifically designed with the wine aficionado in mind, offering an extensive selection of fine wines from the best regions around the world. The dining room represents an atmosphere of casual elegance with cozy booths, wood detailing, and a stone fireplace. An attractive private dining room is also available to host your next special event, be it family or business dinner, a meeting, rehearsal, or your own dinner party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Coach Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Coach Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (51)romantic (48)good for groups (43)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Breakfast food is easy and tasty, but this was not food to go out of your way for. I had scrambled eggs that just didn't taste like eggs (I wondered what they cooked them in). They were dry when I asked for them to be cooked so still moist. Pancakes were leathery (it's hard to ruin a pancake). The bacon was unevenly cooked, parts done, parts still rare-ish. Very expensive brunch. Go to a good diner instead!
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a group of 7 people and everyone had a delicious meal. This restaurant is always dependable for delicious food. It is not an inventive menu but if you want a great steak dinner then this is the place.Special Features:
- Steak house?? I'm not sure.CDMAVIPDined on 9/27/2014I was very disappointed in my bone-in ribeye at my last visit. Done slightly under temp (which is better than the opposite, and not worthy of comment) but this was one tough piece of meat. The menu quotes "The finest USDA cuts available". Perhaps the modifier "available" takes them off the hook, but the $38 price tag suggests that a steakhouse quality piece of beef will be delivered. Not in this case. Another concern is that I am a very frequent Open Table user and I was seated, in a very sparsely occupied dining room, next to the kitchen door and the waiters' station. Why not deliver a good seat when they are available. I judge a restaurant on how I am treated, I don't beg for seating and don't send food back. Gimme your best shot!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014our past experience with the maitre'd was very questionable, we had reservations for a specific time which we arrived on time but had to wait over an hour and half to be seated and the was rushed thru our meal. we decided to give it another chance and this time it was great, seated right away and our waitress Heather, who only work monday and tuesday, was fantastic. it was a very special occasion for my wife and I and we had a very enjoyable meal which gave us the opportunity to have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably enjoyable, if a bit priceyKatherineDined on 9/20/2014If you want a good suburban American meal in a pleasant atmosphere, and are prepared to pay a little more than you might expect, the Coach Grill is a good choice. Because it's not "trendy", we were able to get a last-minute reservation on a Saturday night. Our meal was up to expectations, even a bit better. My husband's large-chunk crabmeat cocktail was excellent, and the flourless chocolate cake was delicious. This is one of the few neighborhood places for prime rib; I just wish I could get it rare rather than medium-rare. But I was disappointed in the bacon/blue cheese/peppadew appetizer. Overall, the food is satisfying, if not especially creative or original. We don't go there often, but we haven't been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had dinner there on a Saturday night. We went to the bar for a drink beforehand and we had 2 glasses of wine....$26!!! This isn't NYC, just little Wayland. I thought that was an outrageous amount for 2 glasses of wine.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014went for anniversary food unreal waiter we had tyrone best i`ve ever had just a great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrigitDined on 9/20/2014The food was great, except for the French fries. They were bland and not at all crispy. My husband and I shared a caprese salad to start and we both had the prime sirloin steak, medium rare. The steak was excellent (although I think it was salted) both in flavor and in the cooking. The onion rings were great as was the grilled asparagus. We had 2 glasses of wine each; I really liked my selection but my husband was not as excited by his. For dessert I had a peach crisp and my husband had the bread pudding; both were well-made. We had an excellent waiter (Kevin); he was a true professional with a flair and helped make the evening special,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To expensive!!SudburyDined on 9/19/2014Only second time customer and overall was disappointed. The drinks were good, but the food was disappointing for the price charged. More like the Outback Steakhouse. Maybe it's convenient but not a good place to enjoy a great meal. Sorry!!!
- What happened?GirlsdinnerDined on 9/12/2014Having read many of the recent reviews, I was hoping my experience would be different. We have been going to Coach Grill for years and have basically celebrated every happy occasion there since it opened. We went for my husband's birthday. We had excellent service, fabulous side dishes, but our steaks were terrible. For something like $38 for an a la carte porterhouse you expect a really good steak. In the past our steaks have been flavorful, juicy, and worth the cholesterol. Not this time. They were both cooked as ordered but were flavorless and dry. Since our experience mirrors what so many have said on this site, I guess we need to go elsewhere from now on. It's a shame, we love going there.Special Features:
- Phoenix2VIPDined on 9/9/2014Ambiance was very good and food was good but did not arrive at our table hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as it was but still okGirlsdinnerDined on 9/8/2014After reading numerous mediocre reviews before heading over for dinner, I was pretty worried. We have eaten at Coach Grill dozens of times and due to a recent combo of service issues and a consistent inability to actually make the same two steaks to the same doneness at the same time, we had stopped going. Gave it another try. I do see what people mean about the new menu, and yes, the prices have risen steeply. We had amazing service but it was early on a Monday night. Ordered seafood for the first time. Sea bass was excellent, lobster was very overcooked. House chardonnay was excellent. We will likely try it one more time, to see how the steaks are now, but one more strike will be it for us.Special Features:
- SERVICE & FOOD EXCELLENT AS USUALPaulaJDined on 9/7/2014We had a friend visiting from Germany and he always wants to come here. His steak was a little more rare than the mediaum he ordered but was quickly redone with a new steak. He was very happy and we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Costly & UnpLeasantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Disappointing experience. Food was good but main course arrived only after pleading with the waiter to bring it. Noise levels made conversations impossible. A nearby group of ten was communicating by screaming at each other at the same time. Not a fun night.Special Features:
- Miss the old Coach GrillwestsuburbandinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014We used to love the Coach Grill -- food was consistently outstanding, the restaurant was clean and the service was always friendly and timely. Now the restaurant should be called Tavistar instead of Coach Grill since so much of the menu and brand is no longer about Coach but about Tavistar. The menu has slightly changed; they have made changes (not positive) to the original Coach Grill menu. Our booth clearly hadn't been cleaned, the chairs were sticky and the table hadn't been wiped down properly. The restaurant smelled like bleach, it reminded me of Joe's American Grill.Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically sorry serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/3/2014Having been to the Coach Grill many times I've always been very happy with the service. This time though the experience was like many other restaurants, not great. First the waitress did not tell us about the specials, until we asked about them. With dessert I ordered a drink and my date the key lime pie my drink came about ten minutes before the pie. It would have been nice if they came together. Also the loaf of bread that had been served when seated has been changed to rolls. I miss the bread. Otherwise our meals and appetizer, as usual, was great. The atmosphere very warm and welcoming and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedKH58Dined on 8/31/2014The Coach Grill always leaves us satisfied. The food is great, the service has never disappointed and the atmosphere very relaxing! We have held special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and other family occasions with great success. Last night we had the excellent Crab Cocktail appetizer. I had the Bone In Ribeye, cooked perfectly, my wife had the grilled swordfish with the lobster risotto, both meals were delicious. Desert was the Peach Crisp topped with Vanilla Ice Cream....too good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Sunday brunchMaMaGDined on 8/31/2014We went to the Coach Grill for a simple birthday brunch. It turned out to be the nicest brunch we have ever had. The food seections were simple but still offered a good variety. The food tasted fabulous! The home fries were to die for! I would recommend the Coach Grill for brunch to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coach Grillvbs1Dined on 8/30/2014Want a Boston Steak house experience without the hassle of going into Boston? Go to the Coach. Same ownership as Abe & Louies.Special Features:
- Surprise at Coah GrillBeanpotDined on 8/29/2014Had heard that this restaurant was sliding a bit. Surprised that food, service, etc. were all great. Crab cakes were excellent-lots of meat not filler. No delays with getting appetizers or main course. Will definitely head back there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Relaxing atmosphere, finest-quality food and five star service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I have been going to the Coach Grill for years and this last visit was a little disappointing. First you guys had the BEST bread in the world and you switch it The sourdough bread was the best!! Also the prices have gone up so much just from in the last month!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfectpickypickyDined on 8/24/2014We went to the Coach Grill to celebrate 2 birthdays. We went on a Sunday in August. Every single aspect of the dining experience exceeded our expectations and when we think of how many experiences exceed expectations, this is truly a notable achievement. We requested "quiet", and "we don't want to be rushed" and they delivered. Our server was truly exceptional providing just enough attention to make us feel appreciated but not enough to feel uncomfortable. Her suggestions were great and really contributed to our enjoyment. The food was really exceptional -- both of us had a beef entrée: superbly seasoned and precisely cooked to our requests. A special place for a very special occasion. Pricey - but worth every penny.Special Features:
- ChardonayDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was outstanding! Our waiter was great on both nights!
- Slow ServiceSMD0408Dined on 8/19/2014We went to the Coach Grille to celebrate my Dads 85th birthday on a Tuesday night. The service that night was extremely slow with very long gaps between courses. While the main entrees were good, the mash potatoes arrived cold. We avoided ordering dessert as we did not want to spend another hour at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistent!EatoutlotVIPDined on 8/19/2014I love this restaurant! It is consistently delicious. I am a frequent diner here and bring business, family and friends here. Where can one go ALL the time and have consistency it doesn't happen, here it does. I have been on a quiet night and crazy busy weekends the food is always consistent and delicious. The staff are very helpful if you are torn for a choice. The steaks and seafood are equally delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014Overall good...........our service surpassed the food.Special Features:
- never disappoints!TorchyVIPDined on 8/17/2014As always, the food and service are superb! A classic steak house with a modern menu -Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTableTalkerDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at the Coach Grill on Saturday night. He picked the restaurant -- it's a favorite! Great, friendly and competent service at both the bar and in the dining room. Our meals were delicious and the atmosphere was great - lively and fun, but not too loud. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We have dined here before and it has been excellent, this past visit was very mediocre. They served us rolls before we even opened the menu which was a nice gesture, but it tasted like it had been frozen and reheated. The menu had changed and I asked for a plain side salad and the waitress said they couldn't do that, to order a salad from the menu (not cheap) and pick off what I didn't want. My salad was not very good. I got the brown rice risotto and it reminded me of bad Chinese food. My husband had oysters, which he has gotten there before, and said they weren't nearly as good as normal, and his first few bites of the filet was just OK but it did get better. Our meals could've been better somewhere else at half the price.Special Features:
- Delicious!flowerladyDined on 8/14/2014We were initially seated near the bar, where it was unusually chilly, so we asked for another table, which was promptly provided. We had an excellent meal -- swordfish with lobster risotto and asparagus for my husband and sea bass with lobster ravioli and spinach and tomatoes for me. Everything was top notch. The service was also good, except for the 5 or 10 minute lag between coffee, served soon after our meal, and dessert, which we would have preferred to have with our coffee. It was not a dessert which needed cooking, so the lag was inexplicable. We jogged the waiter's memory, who simply replied "It's coming," which it did about 3 or 4 minutes later. However, this was the first time we've had a complaint about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 03passatDined on 8/9/2014food quality has really turned for the worst......
- Coach Grill first timersDaveDined on 8/9/2014We were not prepared for the ala carte nature of the menu. The side dishes were enormous, and could have been shared between several of us. They came in large, separate dishes, and it was difficult to arrange them on the table for eating with the main entree. At least, they provided us with two dishes after we said that we would split a Ceaser salad.Special Features:
- recommendedEasydinerDined on 8/9/2014great experience but bring a full wallet and a big appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coach GrillCashmaDined on 8/9/2014In a phase, "just expensive." Beef is excellent, place was crowded but service is moderate. For a per couple cost of $200 you expect both meals to be served at the same time - ours were not - and there was no apology. (Also, observed others sending their plates back to the kittchen.) Key problem is too many people involved with attending to each table, with no one particularly responsible. Further we were packed into a row of little tables because we were only a couple. Nice but definitely not worth the costSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantElaineDined on 8/9/2014Love, love, love it! Great food, drink and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fineTonyKDined on 8/8/2014We had a group of 4 couples. All the women had fish, 3 Sea Bass and one Ahi Tuna, and all enjoyed it. The men had steak but there was an issue with the two Porterhouse steaks not being cooked properly. A medium steak was more well done and a medium rare was closer to medium. The steaks were redone and they were then fine. The only problem was the meal was now disjointed and the side orders of vegetables had gotten cold. Too bad because that reduced the overall enjoyment of the meal. However our wine selections were great and the two desserts ordered, a skillet Cookie and Abe and Louis Chocolate cake were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice enough but I expected more...playneDined on 8/4/2014we went for my honey's birthday, on the high recommendation for one of the best steak houses in boston. the apps of bacon and blue cheese and lobster and crab stack (sorry, forget the names) were delicious! very very good. the salad, greens and some tomatoes, was nothing special. although my crab cake was very good and my husband's steak was good but he felt the cut of meat was a bit tough. so there were some hits and some misses. the service too was fine, but there were some big spaces where we were looking for our gal for water, wine etc refills and a LONG lag between apps and mains. so for the price, we won't go back. when you spend over $200 for a meal you expect things to be pretty on par and this wasn't.
- Great food super waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014Corn pudding is yummy! Food was great and our waitress was attentive but not intrusive. A little on the noisy side so if heading an issue ask for seating away from middle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Have dined at the Coach Grill, many, many, times, NEVER are we disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.