55 Boston Post Rd
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.coachgrill.com/
- Phone: 5083585900x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Patrick Lally
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining areas for seated and reception-style events accommodating 10 to 150 guests. Our group dining areas are available for brunch, lunch and dinner. Our team is ready to assist you with planning your event, whether it is a business luncheon or dinner, birthday party, wedding reception, company meeting or other social gathering.
Please call us at (671) 425-5206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hector Tovar, General Manager
Patrick Lally, Executive Chef
Laura Buonarotti, Sales Manager
- Private Party Contact: Laura Buonarotti 8883384127
A word from Coach Grill
Coach Grill introduces guests to a new and unique dining experience focusing on the finest-quality food and five-star service. The Coach Grill offers its guests the finest choice meats aged a minimum of five weeks to ensure extra flavor, the freshest fish and seafood available, as well as a daily rotisserie selection. The dedicated and well-trained staff will strive graciously to accommodate every guest and any special requests. The wine list is specifically designed with the wine aficionado in mind, offering an extensive selection of fine wines from the best regions around the world. The dining room represents an atmosphere of casual elegance with cozy booths, wood detailing, and a stone fireplace. An attractive private dining room is also available to host your next special event, be it family or business dinner, a meeting, rehearsal, or your own dinner party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Coach Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Coach Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (44)romantic (42)good for groups (34)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BeefstuVIPDined on 10/29/2014Consistently good food, well cooked and served hot. Drinks are not overly generous. Pricing is that of a fine Boston steakhouse.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Every meal that we have ever had there has been very good. That is why we keep coming back! We ate at a booth on Monday 10/27 with our two grown children and especially enjoyed that versus a table we have eaten at in the past. We have also enjoyed a romantic dinner at a table for two in the bar! Fun place; we really like eating at the Coach Grill. Has that old world atmosphere with same background music! Very nice! Will be back again soon! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great BrunchEatoutlotVIPDined on 10/26/2014I met a friend for brunch. Like dinner the Coach Brunch is wonderful! You may have breakfast or lunch or a combination. Last Sunday was rather quiet it will get busier as the cold weather comes in. Consistently delicious, wonderful service they just can't do enough for you. I never feel rushed or pushed here. One of my favorites!Special Features:
- C'est MagnifiquestadDined on 10/25/2014We were forced to have a stay vacation, when a trip got cancelled. Dining at the Coach Grill made us feel like we were AWAY! Service was excellent, as was every course of our dinner. Onion soup was delish as was the beautifully served chopped salad enough for 2. Main course was served hot and perfectly cooked. We would definitely recommend the Porterhouse steak, and the chicken piccata was yummy too. Go...Go...Go to this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBCmomDined on 10/25/2014Despite excellent service, the dining room was incredibly loud and the food, which we had looked forward to, was awful for a pricey steakhouse. The rib eye was too tough too eat, with an addition of a sprinkle of cold crabmeat and served with a side of cold hollandaise and tough asparagus stalks. (This is Crab Oscar accompaniment?)Nothing redeeming on the plate. Won't be rushing back.....Rather go to Boston or Providence
- Should have been betterTitoDined on 10/24/2014For the price you are paying the Grill's food should be better than this. The Buffalo Mozzarella was luke warm and plain old not very good, the Brussell Sprouts were horribly over cooked and overwhelmed by bacon flavor, the Porterhouse was overcooked and the Boullabaise was meh. The Prime Rib was good and the Corn Pudding was very good. I guess if you were coming in for drinks after work the Grill would be fine.
- Rlw1Dined on 10/18/2014First time back since new ownership. Things are a kit different here and there. Presentation seemed a bit off. Hard to put a finger on it. The food was very good. Our waitress was excellent. Food came out in a timely fashion. Food was cooked properly. The food delivery was a bit abrupt. The plates appearance of the food seemed a bit stark? Kind so like, " here is your food, enjoy it, good by". To reiterate our waitress was vert attentive on what appeared to be a very busy nigh.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak HousePariseurVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a special occasion and they gave us attention, excellent food, prompt professional friendly service, very god wine. The bartenders are first class, friendly and vey good at dealing with a busy bar scene, nice to regulars but also new guests. Steak was particularly good.Special Features:
- Nickel and Dimed at The Coach GrillTableForTwoVIPDined on 10/15/2014The menu is pricey and not terribly original but features superb steaks/seafood. Yet when spending $150 on dinner for two, it's surprising to look at the bill and find you have been nickel & dimed. My wife and I both ordered club soda with cranberry juice which was served in a tiny 8 oz glass filled to the rim with ice. Three sips later, our glasses were empty and our server offered refills. The joke was on us as we were charged for this second splash of cranberry/soda-water. I don't often review restaurant bills but my sense if that virtually every other restaurant we frequent offers free refills. A chat with the manager got the 2nd charge removed but he was totally unapologetic and less than gracious in his discussion with us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day of weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is a very nice place, but it was my first time on a Saturday night. It is packed, but everyone does their best to keep things moving and provide excellent service. It's pricey, since the meals are a la carte, but everything was tasty and good quality. Brunch is my favorite time at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of Manhattan in Metro WestCarlisleFoodieDined on 10/11/2014It's rare to find Manhattan quality food and service outside of 128, but The Coach Grill delivers on both. The menu is no-nonsense and the food lives up to the superlatives on the menu. The meal and the service was a real pleasure. Unfortunately, the not-so-exciting aspects of Manhattan dining were also present. The noise levels in the restaurant make an intimate conversation impossible. The tables are very close together (for the price point) and the television's glare from the bar is out of place in other areas. The prices are high, but the food is worth it. If you're looking for good, simple food and don't care much about ambiance, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Coach Grill never disappoints - pricey - very pricey - but always delicious and impeccable service.Special Features:
- FabulousZackDined on 10/11/2014Been going for years and love it. Food could be a little warmer but they come out uncovered which mot only makes it cooler but not hygienic. Staff could not have been more helpful.Special Features:
- Big changeCarolVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was always a 5 star review for Coach Grill but our recent experience has changed that. Steak ordered rare was returned well done, lamb ordered pink came overdone and no boring, the asparagus was like chewing sticks, and manager offered to give is free coffee!
- Sunday BrunchPamellieDined on 10/5/2014We love the Coach Grille Wayland and have enjoyed many dinners but, this visit was for Sunday brunch. The food (Eggs Benedict w/crab and my husband enjoyed steak with his EB. The meals were both outstanding! We will certainly visit again for brunch. We sat in the dining room near the big fireplace so, a nice winter visit will be on our agenda during the winter months.Special Features:
- MurphDined on 10/4/2014Saturday evening dinner and the service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favoritesSolo76Dined on 10/4/2014This has remained one of our favorites. Our sons rehearsal dinner was held here and it was not less than perfect. About 50 of us, lots of entre choices and every one came out of the kitchen timely and hot. Couldn't be any done better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Breakfast food is easy and tasty, but this was not food to go out of your way for. I had scrambled eggs that just didn't taste like eggs (I wondered what they cooked them in). They were dry when I asked for them to be cooked so still moist. Pancakes were leathery (it's hard to ruin a pancake). The bacon was unevenly cooked, parts done, parts still rare-ish. Very expensive brunch. Go to a good diner instead!
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a group of 7 people and everyone had a delicious meal. This restaurant is always dependable for delicious food. It is not an inventive menu but if you want a great steak dinner then this is the place.Special Features:
- Steak house?? I'm not sure.CDMAVIPDined on 9/27/2014I was very disappointed in my bone-in ribeye at my last visit. Done slightly under temp (which is better than the opposite, and not worthy of comment) but this was one tough piece of meat. The menu quotes "The finest USDA cuts available". Perhaps the modifier "available" takes them off the hook, but the $38 price tag suggests that a steakhouse quality piece of beef will be delivered. Not in this case. Another concern is that I am a very frequent Open Table user and I was seated, in a very sparsely occupied dining room, next to the kitchen door and the waiters' station. Why not deliver a good seat when they are available. I judge a restaurant on how I am treated, I don't beg for seating and don't send food back. Gimme your best shot!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014our past experience with the maitre'd was very questionable, we had reservations for a specific time which we arrived on time but had to wait over an hour and half to be seated and the was rushed thru our meal. we decided to give it another chance and this time it was great, seated right away and our waitress Heather, who only work monday and tuesday, was fantastic. it was a very special occasion for my wife and I and we had a very enjoyable meal which gave us the opportunity to have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably enjoyable, if a bit priceyKatherineDined on 9/20/2014If you want a good suburban American meal in a pleasant atmosphere, and are prepared to pay a little more than you might expect, the Coach Grill is a good choice. Because it's not "trendy", we were able to get a last-minute reservation on a Saturday night. Our meal was up to expectations, even a bit better. My husband's large-chunk crabmeat cocktail was excellent, and the flourless chocolate cake was delicious. This is one of the few neighborhood places for prime rib; I just wish I could get it rare rather than medium-rare. But I was disappointed in the bacon/blue cheese/peppadew appetizer. Overall, the food is satisfying, if not especially creative or original. We don't go there often, but we haven't been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had dinner there on a Saturday night. We went to the bar for a drink beforehand and we had 2 glasses of wine....$26!!! This isn't NYC, just little Wayland. I thought that was an outrageous amount for 2 glasses of wine.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014went for anniversary food unreal waiter we had tyrone best i`ve ever had just a great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrigitDined on 9/20/2014The food was great, except for the French fries. They were bland and not at all crispy. My husband and I shared a caprese salad to start and we both had the prime sirloin steak, medium rare. The steak was excellent (although I think it was salted) both in flavor and in the cooking. The onion rings were great as was the grilled asparagus. We had 2 glasses of wine each; I really liked my selection but my husband was not as excited by his. For dessert I had a peach crisp and my husband had the bread pudding; both were well-made. We had an excellent waiter (Kevin); he was a true professional with a flair and helped make the evening special,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To expensive!!SudburyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Only second time customer and overall was disappointed. The drinks were good, but the food was disappointing for the price charged. More like the Outback Steakhouse. Maybe it's convenient but not a good place to enjoy a great meal. Sorry!!!
- What happened?GirlsdinnerDined on 9/12/2014Having read many of the recent reviews, I was hoping my experience would be different. We have been going to Coach Grill for years and have basically celebrated every happy occasion there since it opened. We went for my husband's birthday. We had excellent service, fabulous side dishes, but our steaks were terrible. For something like $38 for an a la carte porterhouse you expect a really good steak. In the past our steaks have been flavorful, juicy, and worth the cholesterol. Not this time. They were both cooked as ordered but were flavorless and dry. Since our experience mirrors what so many have said on this site, I guess we need to go elsewhere from now on. It's a shame, we love going there.Special Features:
- Phoenix2VIPDined on 9/9/2014Ambiance was very good and food was good but did not arrive at our table hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as it was but still okGirlsdinnerDined on 9/8/2014After reading numerous mediocre reviews before heading over for dinner, I was pretty worried. We have eaten at Coach Grill dozens of times and due to a recent combo of service issues and a consistent inability to actually make the same two steaks to the same doneness at the same time, we had stopped going. Gave it another try. I do see what people mean about the new menu, and yes, the prices have risen steeply. We had amazing service but it was early on a Monday night. Ordered seafood for the first time. Sea bass was excellent, lobster was very overcooked. House chardonnay was excellent. We will likely try it one more time, to see how the steaks are now, but one more strike will be it for us.Special Features:
- SERVICE & FOOD EXCELLENT AS USUALPaulaJDined on 9/7/2014We had a friend visiting from Germany and he always wants to come here. His steak was a little more rare than the mediaum he ordered but was quickly redone with a new steak. He was very happy and we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Costly & UnpLeasantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Disappointing experience. Food was good but main course arrived only after pleading with the waiter to bring it. Noise levels made conversations impossible. A nearby group of ten was communicating by screaming at each other at the same time. Not a fun night.Special Features:
- Miss the old Coach GrillwestsuburbandinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014We used to love the Coach Grill -- food was consistently outstanding, the restaurant was clean and the service was always friendly and timely. Now the restaurant should be called Tavistar instead of Coach Grill since so much of the menu and brand is no longer about Coach but about Tavistar. The menu has slightly changed; they have made changes (not positive) to the original Coach Grill menu. Our booth clearly hadn't been cleaned, the chairs were sticky and the table hadn't been wiped down properly. The restaurant smelled like bleach, it reminded me of Joe's American Grill.Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically sorry serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/3/2014Having been to the Coach Grill many times I've always been very happy with the service. This time though the experience was like many other restaurants, not great. First the waitress did not tell us about the specials, until we asked about them. With dessert I ordered a drink and my date the key lime pie my drink came about ten minutes before the pie. It would have been nice if they came together. Also the loaf of bread that had been served when seated has been changed to rolls. I miss the bread. Otherwise our meals and appetizer, as usual, was great. The atmosphere very warm and welcoming and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedKH58Dined on 8/31/2014The Coach Grill always leaves us satisfied. The food is great, the service has never disappointed and the atmosphere very relaxing! We have held special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and other family occasions with great success. Last night we had the excellent Crab Cocktail appetizer. I had the Bone In Ribeye, cooked perfectly, my wife had the grilled swordfish with the lobster risotto, both meals were delicious. Desert was the Peach Crisp topped with Vanilla Ice Cream....too good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Sunday brunchMaMaGDined on 8/31/2014We went to the Coach Grill for a simple birthday brunch. It turned out to be the nicest brunch we have ever had. The food seections were simple but still offered a good variety. The food tasted fabulous! The home fries were to die for! I would recommend the Coach Grill for brunch to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coach Grillvbs1Dined on 8/30/2014Want a Boston Steak house experience without the hassle of going into Boston? Go to the Coach. Same ownership as Abe & Louies.Special Features:
- Surprise at Coah GrillBeanpotDined on 8/29/2014Had heard that this restaurant was sliding a bit. Surprised that food, service, etc. were all great. Crab cakes were excellent-lots of meat not filler. No delays with getting appetizers or main course. Will definitely head back there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Relaxing atmosphere, finest-quality food and five star service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I have been going to the Coach Grill for years and this last visit was a little disappointing. First you guys had the BEST bread in the world and you switch it The sourdough bread was the best!! Also the prices have gone up so much just from in the last month!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfectpickypickyDined on 8/24/2014We went to the Coach Grill to celebrate 2 birthdays. We went on a Sunday in August. Every single aspect of the dining experience exceeded our expectations and when we think of how many experiences exceed expectations, this is truly a notable achievement. We requested "quiet", and "we don't want to be rushed" and they delivered. Our server was truly exceptional providing just enough attention to make us feel appreciated but not enough to feel uncomfortable. Her suggestions were great and really contributed to our enjoyment. The food was really exceptional -- both of us had a beef entrée: superbly seasoned and precisely cooked to our requests. A special place for a very special occasion. Pricey - but worth every penny.Special Features: