Coach & Willie's - Chandler
1 E Boston St
Chandler, AZ 85225-5509Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coach & Willie's - Chandler
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://coachandwillies.com/chandler2012/
- Phone: 4807766240x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday ONLY: 8am - 12pm
Monday-Wednesday: 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Coach and Willie’s does offer off-site catering. Please visit our website to view our catering menus or call us.
- Private Party Facilities: Coach & Willie’s is the suite place to host your next large group. Our 'Skybox Suite', can accompany up to 30 guests, with the privacy from the crowd. You can get close to the game, with two giant flat screen TVs, surround sound and your own personal bartender. For your special function, birthday, or business meeting, the 'Skybox Suite' provides the lastest technology for online and mobile video presentations. Enjoy our suite, without the big league price. We can customize your menu, from finger foods for the game, to a sit down dinner for the bride & groom. Our friendly staff will accompany you in all the details to ensure you & your guests, and that your time at Coach & Willie's, will be the best time ever.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Grojean 4807766240x
- Entertainment: Coach & Willie's Chandler has live entertainment for special events and our monthly customer appreciation happy hour.
A word from Coach & Willie's - Chandler
Located in Historic Downtown Chandler, Coach & Willie’s invites you for the best seat in town. Reserve your seat, to view your favorite games on our 31 flat screen TVs. You can relax in our cozy lounge, be part of the action at our beautiful mahagony bar or sit in our comfortable dining room, where you can view our staff preparing your dish from scratch. Our winning menu offers everything from our 'Signature Lobster Bisque', fresh homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, to our tasty burgers. To compliment our menu, we offer a wide variety of beers, domestic, import & locally brewed craft beers. If beer isn't your thing, we also offer premium liquors & wines to select from. Voted 'Best Downtown Sports Bar', join us for happy hour Monday-Friday from 3-7, for the best Prime Rib Dinner on Saturday, or make it a day of it on Sunday, watching your favorite team on the NFL Ticket. Coach and Willie's opens at 11am Monday-Friday for lunch and 8am on the weekends for breakfast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coach & Willie's - Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- watching the gamenobloniDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful place to go see your favorite football team. Food us great even if you sre gluten free but please put more options on the menu.Special Features:
- Overall nice sports bar, good food.MaryB364Dined on 9/7/2014Second occasion for a visit. Went at dad's request for a birthday brunch on Sunday with a group of 8. Since it was on the opening day for football season, it was quite busy and loud. Slight glitch at the beginning, as the hostesses were perplexed about the OpenTable reservation, stating they did not have it as it was not "written down" for them. Luckily there was a large available table away from the larger traffic and bar area. Our waitress was very attentive and competent. The food came quickly for a large group. The avocado crab omelet was fantastic, and all entrees ordered by members of our group were deemed delicious. Anyone interested in football in our group was happy to be able to see any game they wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Coach & Willie's - Chandler reviews archive.
- Great place to watch a gameBratwurstDined on 4/5/2014Great place to watch a game with friends. Good food. They need to do something about the open kitchen that really kills the ambience if seated close by. At least put a counter in front of the kitchen. The bar area is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sports BarPickle5Dined on 2/14/2014Loved this sports bar. Their appetizer's were excellent the service was great. The food was wonderful best fish and chips ever. I will be come here everytime I'm in town. My daughter loved and will be going back as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C&wSmittyDined on 1/11/2014Great place to watch a sporting event. A step above a sports bar but with some if the same feel. Reasonable priced drinks and food with a staff that makes Coach and Willys feel like home. My friend had a wedge salad which looked great and she said was very good. I had the meatball marinara which I enjoyed. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!MareDined on 1/4/2014We reserved a table for six in the bar for the Saints game, we were kind of bummed when we got there and the table was right next to the kitchen,, we let the manager know and he said that we could go sit in the lounge area so we did. Our server was so nice when we told her we really wanted hi tops in the bar so she went and put us on a list. We were seated in a half hour. They were so accommodating. The food is great! and our server at the table was so patient with us even the point at the end when we had forgot to ask for separate tickets, she separated them anyways.Special Features:
- What a gamenobloniDined on 12/29/2013Their were six of us to watch the Seahawks play since this game wasn't shown on television. Our service was perfect, great seats to watch our game and a couple more games. The place was rocking with noise and energy. We will go back to have that stadium feel again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This sports bar is more thanmanderineDined on 11/30/2013This sports bar is more than a sports bar. The food was amazing, everyone was extremely satisfied, even the kids dinners were delicious. There are TVs everywhere so you won't miss a game, but most importantly the staff is amazing. They were very accommodating and super friendly. When they ran out of crayons for our kids to color their kids menu with, the manager went on the hunt for brand new crayons for them. Its the little things that count and we were very impressed with our waiter, the manager, the hostess and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than Stellar...SweetDined on 10/7/2013Limp greasy undercooked french fries. A chicken sandwich dripping with oil. Lobster bisque served lukewarm and tasted like it came out of a can. Flavorless Cesar Salad. A less than attentive server. Our first and last visit.
- Great Football watchingnobloniDined on 9/29/2013Great place to go watch football when it isn't on your own TV at home. They have it set up for every team to have a couple of TV's to watch. The bar area had regular comfortable chairs set up like a living room setting. The food was good and plenty of it. Will go again when our teams aren't on our own TV or a great lunch or breakfast escape.Special Features:
- PizzaRandjjDined on 8/31/2013Love basil Roma pizza but way too much garlic need to cut back someSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be better!NiceGuyDined on 8/20/2013I've been to Coach & Willies for lunch several times and enjoyed it. This time I was there for dinner and the music was extremely loud , the service poor and the food mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than a Sports BarHeavyMetalMeatHammerVIPDined on 7/7/2013Go hungry or expect to walk out with leftovers. The portions are large and you won't want to leave anything behind. C&W has all the expected sports-bar food items (burgers, wings, etc.), plus some extras like the prosciutto-wrapped prawns (which, incidentally, are delicious). The wings are the weakest item: on this visit ours were supposed to be "habanero", but were too salty and not very spicy. But that's not a show-stopper; there are plenty of other tasty options available. We haven't worked our way through the whole menu yet, but we plan to exercise due diligence in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy a sportingSmittyDined on 6/24/2013Great place to enjoy a sporting event. Seems to be fans from every sport cheering their team on. Food is above a normal sports bar with a kids menu that is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, great happy hourMareDined on 5/17/2013Been here a few times but never got reservations. Thought it was great that we asked for a high top in bar and got it, usually the bar is always open seating.Special Features:
- Mothers DaybananasDined on 5/12/2013We have never been to this restaurant before, while the food was good, the service was poor, we sat on the patio ( a mistake) we were forgotten for the service. Inside it was a sports bar, our mistake, not a restaurant. Never go againSpecial Features:
- Serving Breakfast on WeekendsheyblondeladyDined on 5/12/2013Affordable fun spot for gathering anytime with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place, Downtown ChandlerBigRedDined on 5/5/2013Awesome food great service nice atmosphere. In general great placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- New Kid on the Chandler BlockOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Great place in the heart of Downtown Chandler to be your dinner destination or a place to grab some food and drinks and march on - good range of food for wide appeal - the Lobster Bisque is phenomenal!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was very good. I'll definitely go back again.
- A group of us went there toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2013A group of us went there to celebrate a friends bday. They were out of Blue Moon and Ribs. So it was a swing and a miss for us.Special Features:
- This is a good spot as a sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013This is a good spot as a sports bar. Staff is friendly and try's hard to go the extra mile. Note the menu has been trimmed back significantly - many previous items eliminated. My low score on service is because they appear to be disorganized. Food comes out at different times, and they seem to be scrambling. Note on noise - so loud it is difficult to carry on a conversation.
- InedibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Inedible food, from the artichoke and spinach dip that had no artichoke and 5 pieces of spinach swimming in a cream sauce, to oily fish and chips, first and last timeSpecial Features:
- We love the fish fry on FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013We love the fish fry on Friday nights! But, oh Lord, the noise. Wish there was a "quiet" room for folks that want to visit without shouting.Special Features:
- Food was decent, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Food was decent, service was okay. This place was way too busy. I get that it's football season...that's why we were there, to watch the game. (which we got to) But don't try to do so with a group and don't bother making reservations. We didn't get seated until almost an hour after our reservation time and even then it was at a table too small for our group so we could "make due." We ended up asking another group to switch with us thus solving the problem ourselves. The manager & hosts were NOT on the same page. And the manager did nothing but tell us there was nothing he could do and promptly avoid us the rest of the evening. Fail on their part for customer service. But like I said food was pretty good and our waiter did the best he could.
- The food was great and weMtaz1103Dined on 1/12/2013The food was great and we were served promptly even though we were there on a busy game-night. The waiter messed up a beer order, but then promptly comped the mistake. This place is great for watching the game because there are TVs everywhere.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Our waitress never came back to ask about dessert, we asked another person then when she came they were out of some of the desserts. So we left after lunch.Special Features:
- Great Service. We went onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Great Service. We went on a Friday night and the bar was full. The tables were small, so it's not really set up for large groups (more than 5 people). It was very, very loud and hard to hear across the table without yelling! Food came out quickly, drink specials were great and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- The service, food, and overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The service, food, and overall dining experience was great. The special menu for New Year's was very good-would recommend the prime rib and I think they have it every Sunday. The staff is very good and attentive.Special Features:
- All food was delivered lukeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012All food was delivered luke warm or cold. The Reuben sandwich was soggy and the meat was cut too thick, sandwich fell apart.The crab cake on the Salmon Oscar was cold inside, server did bring another that was hot. Rest of the dish was barely warm and more sauce was needed, very dry.Herb crusted salmon was soggy on the outside not crusted and the salmon was cool inside.The Bourbon Steak Flatbread had very tough steak with no flavor. The prime rib was substituted.The steak and pizzas were fine.The bar manager came to talk to us and removed the Reuben and the flatbread from our bill.
- Great food and friendly staff;OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/1/2012Great food and friendly staff; staff over-stretched by busy eveningSpecial Features:
- We had 14 people in our group.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012We had 14 people in our group. Could not have had better service from our waitress. She was great and the food was to die for This is the 3rd time we have taken people thereSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed dining here. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012I enjoyed dining here. The wait staff was exceptionally nice and they were accommodating to a group of six indecicive people wanting to move from the main area to the bar. The food was delicious. The only thing I would have liked to see is a nutrition menu online. When watching what you eat it is very hard to guess calories of dishes with lots of ingredients.Special Features:
- We love Coach & Willies!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2012ALWAYS enjoy our visits to Coach & Willies and we love the staff!! A special shout out to Missy,"E", Kevin & Eric the wonderful chef along with his staff!!!!Special Features:
- NOISY EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Indoor noise was so loud that we decided to move outdoors so we could actually hear each other speak. Outside was much better, but we were next to where the motorcycles were parked, so when they arrived or departed it was quite noisy again. Food was just OK. The four of us agreed (2 couples) that next time we will try another downtown establishment. I do like the parking lot across the street though.Special Features:
- We were looking for a placefoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2012We were looking for a place to eat on a Friday evening. Coach & Wiilie's showed up on Open Table so we decided to give it a try. We were sat almost immediately in a room beyond the bar. The noise level wasn't too bad - typical sports bar noise. Then about two minutes later a deep base pounding started. There was a karaoke set up in the area beyond the room. We sat for ten minutes without being acknowledged by any of the employees that walk past our table. The pounding base was getting annoying - never heard anyone singing. We decided to leave without ever getting to try the food. The menu looked like it had good items on it too. Don't know if we would attempt another visit but it definitely would not be a Friday night.
- Ordered the chicken piccataOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2012Ordered the chicken piccata - was excellent! Doors to outside were closed and it was very very noisy inside. Service was great.Special Features:
- The pizza dough nachos areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012The pizza dough nachos are amazing. I highly recommend them.Special Features: