5750 N. Port Washington Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.getcoa.com/
- Phone: 4149671451
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11AM - 9PM,
Friday & Saturday: 11AM - 10PM,
Sunday: 11 AM - 8PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Alex Ortiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering. Please call Marta for more information 414.291.3773 or email email@example.com. Or stop on in. We will be happy to send you catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We do have private dining rooms available for parties.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Gaborsky 4149671451
- Entertainment: CLUB COA every FRIDAY 10PM to 2AM
- Special Events: Contact Marta at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414.291.3773 No event is to big or to small.
A word from Coa
Home of "Milwaukee's best Nacho's...Milwaukee Magazine" COA offers authentic Mexican cuisine and the BEST MARGARITAS, BEST Chips and Salsa, wines, and beers. Milwaukee restaurateurs Marc and Marta Bianchini created COA from their delight in the taste and accessibility of food served by Mexican Street Vendors. The large windows in the 100 seat dining area look out onto a generous patio, where the weather is tempered with a 6-foot-wide stone fireplace. Coa honors the traditions of Mexican urban culture by including in the menu Burritos, Enchiladas, Fajitas and the best Tacos served on your choice of flour or white corn tortillas(made fresh twice a day). Choose your shell, choose your filling, and choose how many. Buen provecho!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coa reviews from OpenTable diners
- sorry to read that the restaurantMardiVIPDined on 5/20/2013sorry to read that the restaurant is closing next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find just north of MilwaukeeBionda1VIPDined on 5/18/2013We were pleasantly surprised with our experience at Coa. Located in a sprawling mall just north of Milwaukee, the feel of the area is like a small downtown shopping center, just newly built and featuring great stores and restaurants. Decor at the restaurant is contemporary and there is a nice outdoor seating area where you don't feel like cars are driving right next to your table. Food at Coa was tasty and the chips and salsa that are on the table as we were seated were really delicious. Try the strawberry Margarita and the Mojitos -- really good here. Service was quite attentive & friendly. Our server was great with our 8 different combo-taco plates. Everyone got exactly what he or she ordered, quite a feat with our picky crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food tremendously.KiKiKatDined on 3/29/2013We enjoyed the food tremendously. Different from the typical taco choices. Great flavors - especially the vegetarian options like the Rajas tacos. The only drawback was a mariachi band on hand for a birthday party - they were great but loud and made talking to each other a challenge.
- Nice spot for a fun meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/19/2013Enjoyed the street taco selection. Great flavored choices. Salsa was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The food was subpar. I had the taco plate with the Carne Asada taco, the cherry bacon taco and the Ahi Tuna taco. All of which were not that great. The refried beans were bland and tasted like they were right out of a can. It was not at all what I expected. The service was not good we were served cold coffee and it took forever for our waitress to introduce herself and it was not busy. All together I will not be going back.
- It was a Friday night andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013It was a Friday night and pretty busy so it was pretty loud. Our server was okay. Not terribly impressed...
- The best margaritas I've everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013The best margaritas I've ever had. Great choices of all types of Mexican.Special Features:
- Looks greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012The look and feel is great in the bar and dining areas. The service was very pleasant and helpful. The food looked great, but the flavor was underwhelming. We'll be back to try some other dishes.Special Features:
- We met our friends for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We met our friends for dinner who have 2 small children under 2. Our waitress was very accomodating and friendly. The food was amazing - I highly recommend the Ahi Tuna taco and Pork Belly taco.Special Features:
- Reviews are spot on...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2012I try not to allow reviews sway my decision to visit an establishment but….. should have listened to the negative ratings. Everything noted previously was experienced. ~ Saturday night reservations but only (2) other couples in the restaurant ~ EVERYONE continued to wear their winter jackets as it was freezing in the restaurant ~ I’m not positive but I think our server was also on bar duty which led to very poor service. I actually walked from my table to the bar to order cocktails ~ Drinks are extremely overpriced. $12 for a Kettle and lemonade? ~ Food was ok…. Server only brought my food out and indicated that my wife’s food was mistakenly given to someone else. Server looked puzzled when I said I would like to eat my meal whe
- It's nice to have good MexicanSusanDined on 11/23/2012It's nice to have good Mexican food available close to our home. We've been there several times - will sit in the room with booths in the future as that room seems to have a warmer, cozier ambiance. Prices for margaritas (we had pitchers) a bit high - food portions were generous (which is nice) - will be back again as our grown sons enjoy COA.Special Features:
- Server was very kind and helpful,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Server was very kind and helpful, food was delicious and atmosphere was greatSpecial Features:
- My meal was rather averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012My meal was rather average and lackluster in taste, with some of the condiments too little or too much. My wife had to send her meal back due to inedibaleness. Would not go back. On other note, staff was very courteous and accomodating.
- Good, but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2012For how expensive the food was I would not recommend it as a top pick, it was very good but not for the overall prices. La fogata Kenosha wi, top choiceSpecial Features:
- Very few customers were there,AndiODined on 10/14/2012Very few customers were there, but our waiter couldn't get a lot right. The music level kept changing from blaring loud to about right, then back and forth. The waiter hovered and asked very few minutes if we needed anything. Food quality was actually quite good, esp. the squash tacos. The waiter didn't know what a spicy Bloody Mary was so he brought me an extra pepper shaker and some sticks of celery when I said it needed celery salt and more spice. Not sure I'll go back next time I'm travelling through this area.
- Food was amazing. The guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Food was amazing. The guacamole of the day was delicious. Service was very flexible and accommodating especially since we had three kids under 5 in our party. I have already reccomended this place several times. We will be back.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012The staff was very friendly and prompt, However,the food was bland to everyone in my party of four. We all ordered different meals in order to try a variety and they did not come thru on flavor.
- I thought the food was OKAYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012I thought the food was OKAY - I would NOT recommend COA at all! VERY little selection on the menu. Drink prices are crazy expensive.
- Nice to have an opportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2012Nice to have an opportunity for upscale Mexican in a suburban setting! Empanadas flaky, flautas crispy, good salsa and chips!Special Features:
- Average Coa Evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2012My wife and sons went to Coa last Friday night. The place was empty; it felt really strange. The service has definitely gone down lately. The wait staff is competent but seems bored out of their minds. I definitely love the chips and salsa that they serve; the rest of the food was somewhat bland and overpriced. A chicken burrito was $11.00 whereas for that same price I can get way more at a more traditional Mexican restaurant. The ambience in Coa is nice though; I really like the lighting and design of the restaurant. The location is great too. I just wish the place had a bit more energy and more excited employees.Special Features:
- The complimentary tortillaMKEpatronVIPDined on 9/7/2012The complimentary tortilla chips were delicious -- some of the best in town. The dinner entrees were good.
- Great place - good food/ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012After reading the negative reviews online, I expected the worst. Our experience could not have been better. The food was great (we had chicken burrito, 3 taco plate, Chicken Fajitas and Quesadilla). The fajitas entree had enough food for 2 women. Our waiter was excellent...very attentive and efficient. Extremely professional. Chips and salsa were way above average to start things out. Margaritas, while expensive, were very good. My diet coke was also excellent. I agree that the food is not necessarily "authentic" but that does not mean it's bad. Give the place a try...the atmosphere and interior design are fantastic. Outdoor seating area is also great with a huge fireplace. Our bill was $102/5 people incl. alc. drinks.Special Features:
- Great place for a large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2012Great place for a large group to gather for a fun dinner.Special Features:
- COA Ok - not great.SteveDined on 8/10/2012Good but not great interior Mexican food. Mysterious refried beans are the consistency of soup - can't figure that one out. The chicken burrito was very inconsistent from one bite to the next and just not flavorful. There seemed to be more tortilla than filling. The ground beef in the tacos was overcooked, as was the chicken. The pulled pork was really good, however, as was the seared ahi tuna. The salsa is excellent, but would go better with a more delicate chip. Cocktails are superb. Sorry, but $5/ea tacos better knock it out of the park and these did not.Special Features:
- Food is mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Food is mediocre at best. Terrible over priced at $4-$5 for one taco that isn't ever that good.Special Features:
- Love the overall setting andVictoriaDined on 6/29/2012Love the overall setting and food. Unfortuntely, there was a little bit of a wasp issue outside when we were there last, but I know that can be hard to avoid in our area. Otherwiose, food and service were great and I will definitel be back again.Special Features:
- Family TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012Great lunch/dinner experience with large group. Weather was beautiful so we were able to sit outside. Wait staff friendly and was more than willing to accommodate all of our special dietary needs. Food was nice and hot and had plenty left overs. Can't wait to go back again!!!Special Features:
- Love that they have the optionz726bethVIPDined on 6/1/2012Love that they have the option to get your tacos in lettuce cups. Highly recommend the cherry bacon tacos.Special Features:
- Want to be seen or be satisfied?BobbiBVIPDined on 5/28/2012The décor was fantastic. The food and service were not.
- I believe it will be a vacantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2012I believe it will be a vacant building soon. Not very good.
- Food was fine, but not asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Food was fine, but not as flavorful as other mexican/latin restaurants I've eaten at.Special Features:
- Watch the volume!rosbalDined on 5/25/2012Solid Mexican food. The choice is nice for the street tacos. Attractive atmosphere. Can sometimes be a bit loud- for no apparent reason. Just to create a "buzz". I hate that personally, but it seems popular these days.Special Features:
- Great food, the fresh madeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012Great food, the fresh made churro's for desert were awesome ...Special Features:
- Seating on timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012This was a date night I set-up for my brother and a friend of mine, they liked this place, food was great, mood was great, little out of focused because there was a live band playing. Their only compliant was the hostess took long time to seat them at a table, even after having a reservations and they were on time.Special Features:
- This was my second time here,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012This was my second time here, and the food was great. However, the service was not so great. Granted, it was May 5th so understandably it was bound to be busy. Our waitress was very friendly, but she seemed really overwhelmed; she forgot to put in our drink orders, as well as the appetizer. The two tables next to ours were having problems also. The kitchen seems to be really chaotic, because at least one person at each of these tables got plates meant for another table. However, the waitress did seem genuinely apologetic about the mix ups.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2012Completely overpriced for the type of food they serve.Special Features:
- We will not be going back to Coa.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/13/2012We were very disappointed with our dining experience at Coa. Having eaten at this restaurant before our expectations were set. The $9.00 margarita was in a small glass filled with ice and had a very small amount of drink. The food was just ok and not as enjoyable as our prior experience. In addition the waiter seemed intent on clearing our table before were were done eating. Overall a very unpleasant experience. We will not be going back.
- Ridiculously priced drinksfrazibVIPDined on 4/6/2012Drinks here are outrageously priced. You can go to any mexican restaurant on 5th street in Milwaukee and get three margaritas for the price of one at Coa. Ordered pitchers to try to save some money. They were loaded down with more ice than anything else. Food prices are okay, although food is average. Shredded pork nachos and cherry pork belly tacos are the standouts here. Hostess EXTREMELY unfriendly. We had a great server though, Justin.Special Features:
- Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012As usual, the food was very good. Tasted fresh. This was my third trip there, and all have been great. Coa will remain on my list of good places to eat. Excellent Margaritas. The waitress was friendly, attentive and engaging.
- Atmosphere and decor wereVictoriaDined on 3/9/2012Atmosphere and decor were chic, fun and inviting. Hostess staff was very friendly and welcoming. Food included fun unique combinations of flavors that give a fun spin on the usual food we have had in the same category. We enjoyed it very much and will definitley go back again.Special Features: