Co Co. Sala
929 F street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Co Co. Sala
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cocosala.com/
- Phone: 2023474265
- Hours of Operation:
Sat & Sun Brunch 11am-2:30pm;
Sat Dinner 5pm-12am;
Sun Dinner- Closed;
Bar open late night (Mon-Sat);
Bar Happy Hour Menu Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm;
Chocolate Boutique (next to restaurant) open Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm, Sun 12pm-4pm(Sunday hours are seasonal).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, American
- Executive Chef: Santosh Tiptur
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We accept advance orders for catering. Please contact us for more details.
- Entertainment: Lounge DJ on Friday and Saturday. Come watch Co Co. Sala's chocolatier make fresh chocolates and decadent desserts in the chocolate room.
- Special Events: Co Co. Sala is more than happy to work with you whether you have a 15 person birthday party or a 350 person cocktail evening.
Please note that personal wines (2 bottles maximum) will be subject to a $25/bottle corkage fee.
A word from Co Co. Sala
Co Co. Sala is Washington DC's Chocolate Lounge & Boutique inviting you to experience chocolate, coffee, and cocktails in a tantalizing new way! Visit our lounge with dramatic wave walls that emulate flowing chocolate while defining intimate seating areas where brunch, dinner, multi-course desserts, and late-night dining are served. Two glimmering bars serve as the perfect backdrop for the sumptuous chocolate within and at night transform into a provocative atmosphere where tantalizing cocktails are served. Specializing in cuisine with global flavors, patrons can also satisfy cravings of the salty and savory variety with dishes incorporating chocolate and coffee in surprisingly unique mediums. Our next-door boutique features our artisanal chocolates beautifully presented along with our popular indulgences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Co Co. Sala reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)special occasion (121)romantic (117)hot spot (52)late-night find (47)vibrant bar scene (45)great for brunch (38)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good place but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014I was very impressed with the layout. We were seated right away even though we were a few minutes late. Our server was ok, as I think she was waiting on a lot of people at once so she was really frustrated. The door to the outside area was open, so every time someone smoked, you could just smell it all the way in, which I think was a huge turn off. The food was ok, nothing out of this world. In fact, some had a funky taste. Out of all, we loved the drinks. The drinks are too die for especially the chocolate martini and the deserts are good also. So overall it was an ok experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Costly but tastyFormerFedVIPDined on 9/18/2014Ate outside, so the "Energetic" noise level wasn't under the control of the restaurant. I got a spicy cauliflower appetizer, a watermelon salad, and a couple sliders. She had the cheese fritter and skirt steak. Everything was delicious. We had several glasses of wine and a couple after dinner drinks each along with three desserts -- one for me, one for her, and three macaroons for her to take home -- so the final bill was almost $200 before tip. That won't stop us from returning to Co Co. Sala.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply divine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was extremely attentive. The food was fantastic. The desserts were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable!EagleeyeDined on 9/11/2014Rich and flavorful food that is fun to share. 2 plates per person plus dessert to share will fill you up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have Had Better HereAlwaysAscendingDined on 9/9/2014I have been to Co Co. Sala on a half dozen occasions and this was my least favorite. I went at 4:30pm on a Tuesday so was the only one there. The bartender wasn't too friendly but he chatted me up a bit which was pleasant enough. The drinks were good as were his service; his mood could've been better though. Moved to a table for dinner after drinks and tasty appetizers. The server was good but the food was not. Very small portions and my scallops smelled fishy and didn't taste that fresh. I will stick with the appetizers next time.
- Food Great, Service a bit slowHollettLADined on 9/7/2014To be fair, the slow service was due to the fact there seemed to be one server for roughly 10 tables and many arrived within a few minutes of each other. But if you're going to put a time limit of two hours on your bottomless brunch deals, you do need to have either quicker moving staff or more of them. The food was, as always, great, and the drinks were fantastic. I'll give them one more Bottomless Brunch try.Special Features:
- slightly above avgale2Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great, staff very friendly. We were 30mins late for our reservations due to hurricane like conditions (a 40min drive took 1hr 15min) but they sat us right away. I was taking my wife out for her birthday and I wrote it in the special instructions but I guess they don't do anything for birthdays. Food was good quality and semi fancy but nothing tasted out of this world. Dessert was delicious, we got a pinapple/coconut thing, forget what it was called. It was very noisy and the space was not huge so it was difficult to talk to your date without shouting which for a bar scene is fine but for dinner it was a little much. Biggest complaint is that it felt like +90degrees. Never been to a restaurant where it was so hot inside.Special Features:
- Water Drops Falling on My Head...gt8871aVIPDined on 9/6/2014When we were about to be seated I noticed there were water drops in one of the chairs. I looked up and noticed that there was water dripping from one of the AC vents high above the seat on the ceiling of the restaurant. So I asked to be seated elsewhere. I looked around the restaurant and noticed that all of the AC vents had condensation on them, and water was dripping down at the bar as well as on other chairs. Later an employee was using a makeshift mop to remove the condensation. Instead of closing off the affected tables, they chose to turn off the AC. Afterwards it got hot and we sweated through the entire dinner. The restaurant just doesn't seem very customer service focused and is much more bottom line focused.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Service was attentive. Really dark inside, but dessert was amazing.Special Features:
- Chocolate Lover's DreamTheHeatmakerDined on 9/5/2014Choco-galore!!! Dinner/App menu is decent at best but anything with chocolate as an ingredient is likely fantastic. My girlfriend had a "chocolate maritini" of sorts, it was really good. Dessert was fantastic. Overall Co Co. Sala is worth the a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!TheFytFoodieDined on 9/2/2014I've been wanting to try this place for years but wanted it to be a date night. Well I finally made it and it was everything I thought it would be. I'm in love and I'll definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRoRoDined on 8/30/2014Food delicious. The drinks are a must. Try the Fetish! Great time.Special Features:
- Cute + Good Food!ChicchickDined on 8/29/2014This is a bit pricey for what you get (very small portions) but overall the venue was nice. Music was a bit loud for conversation so my boyfriend and I sat outside where it was much more quiet even though it was practically on the street. We had the strawberry flatbread and the buffalo chicken sandwiches sliders which were great but a bit spicey and very tiny! The food was delicious but again small portions and price didn't provide the best value.Special Features:
- Very Interesting Food!tracys88Dined on 8/29/2014I found the food at Co Co Sala amazing--the flavor combinations were very unique, such as the tuna tar tar we ordered that had a candy shell or the flatbread with strawberries on top. The Opal dessert is delicious, so I recommend ordering that for dessert. The service was also superb--the waiter was there before we ever had to ask for anything. It is a bit noisy, so if you are planning an intimate date this may not be the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad if you like small platesFoodFanVIPDined on 8/29/2014The menu has some interesting choices, but I'm not a fan tapas. In theory, small plates allow you to try many things, but the pricing is too high to make it affordable. So I left the restaurant hungry after a $70 bill and 2 slices of pizza can fill me up. The bar is very active on the weekends which ratchets up the noise level, so don't sit too close if you want to enjoy your own conversation. The waiter was pretty responsive and pleasant. Not a place I would recommend, but if you like tapas, give it a try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The ambiance, service, the food and the chocolate everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!stanDined on 8/23/2014This was a wonderful treat. When you've heard great things, sometimes expectations aren't met - not so here! I loved everything about our experience! The okra grits were a great surprise. Cheese fritters, yum. And of course dessert - the Onyx was a little chocolate intense, but the peanut butter gelato one was amazing. Beet salad - so good. A hit all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!LucheeDined on 8/23/2014I had the breakfast flatbread and it was amazing. Plenty of food and it taste really good. Desserts were small but were very tasty. Highly recommend the brunch. I will go again when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate Love AffairCocoGirlDined on 8/22/2014Date night with my new boyfriend. We both fell in love with the chocolate infused drinks! The food was superb! Small portions, but delicious. We be coming back every chance we get!Special Features:
- Savories as good as the sweetsfoodieforayDined on 8/22/2014Cocojito & malted milk martini; tasty. Arugula salad-very good. The beet salad beautiful and very good, but dressing on quinoa-a bit too acidic. Scallops and salmon: lovely to look at, cooked perfectly. We ordered the 3 course dessert experience with the sticky situation and latin love affair. Also beautifully arranged and presented. Loved the ginger ice cream on the sticky situation. Could have eaten a lot more of that! We were asked if we wanted coffee with dessert and we would have, except we were told they don't serve decaf. We thought this was odd and I would suggest that they change their policy and serve decaf in future. There is not a big danger of walking away too full which is a good thing in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dyt2dcDined on 8/21/2014The dining area at this establishment is dark and over populated with tables. Tables are situated in extremely close proximity to one another. I felt as if I was forced to dine with strangers. I had to whisper when speaking to my wife to avoid being heard by the couple at the next table. This place is supposed to be intimate and romantic. I found it to be claustrophobic and awkward. The food quality was good. I enjoyed the bacon mac and the scallops. The cocktails are gimmicky and overpriced. I prefer quality to novelty in my choice of libation.Special Features:
- dessert lovers dreamshebabugVIPDined on 8/20/2014one should not venture hear hungry for a massive entree or one that scales far above mediocrity. but the desserts are supreme-again small portions but worth every penny and just saving this locale for the days when u can sit back and have one of every dessert offeringSpecial Features:
- A great eventlarrybellDined on 8/19/2014We went before concert at the Verizon Center. Service was very good and sensitive to our schedule. We stuck with the small plates and were not disappointed. the Server was very solisitice . We intend to returnSpecial Features:
- great small platesgphill6Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent place for couples or groups...high quality food....excellent cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch ReviewSundayBrunchDined on 8/17/2014Great choices for brunch and the desserts were fantastic. Lots of vegetarian options - both savory and sweet. One thing to note is that the kitchen closes at 2:00 for Sunday brunch. On 8/17 we were the last diners and all four of our desserts were missing a full third of the promised plate (no sorbet or detailed sauces graced the Onyx dessert for example). I don't know if the kitchen staff forgot or was in a hurry because they were trying to close but it was disappointing after viewing the website and the menu.Special Features:
- Chocolate covered baconBreakfastDined on 8/16/2014The chocolate covered bacon mac and cheese was pretty good but the shrimp mac and cheese was even better!Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekmel926Dined on 8/16/2014The Restaurant Week menu for Co Co. Sala was solid. Their salad starter, entree and desserts were all delicious. I appreciated that the bar offered virgin mocktail version of their cocktails. The restaurant has a very romantic feel and the menu definitely reflected that. I think, with some entrees, they could do a better job of incorporating chocolate into the dish but between the chocolate-y desserts and the frozen chocolate shot to start out with, they did a good job of not overwhelming your palate. The music, from where we were sitting, was a little too loud most of the time and the song choices are a little odd. But overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- Delicious DessertmdolaDined on 8/16/2014Came here for Restaurant Week with a party of 3. The food was very nice, though the service felt impelled to rush through the various courses even though half the tables in the restaurant were empty. I had to physically hold my salad bowl in order to fit both mini entrees onto the little table. We were not even half-way finished with the salads. The waiter seemed unphased and simply said "take your time", seemingly unaware that he had just placed too hot dishes on the table that were quickly cooling off. The desserts were impeccable, however. I would come back for the chocolate covered bacon, dessert, and novelty of the cocktails - might head elsewhere for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekTedwinDined on 8/16/2014My friend and I went there for restaurant week and it was also our first time going there so we were expecting to be wowed and they delivered! Food was outstanding, especially the desert portion of it, and the atmosphere is nice!Special Features:
- Amazing AmbianceFoodaholicDined on 8/15/2014Our visit to Co Co. Sala exceeded my expectations. Although I was disappointed that the crabcakes weren't on the restaurant week menu, I'll be back to try them another time. :) My beau and I celebrated our one year anniversary together and they surprised us by writing "Happy Anniversary" on our dessert plate! So sweet. Dessert and the 'Cocojito" was absolutely amazing! I also enjoyed the music. Bathrooms were pretty awesome too. All around great romantic lounge atmosphere. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- After Work Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My 10 co-workers and I felt a little large and awkward at the cool Chocolate and Bubbles Happy Hour at Co Co. Sala! We were the only group there and we felt a little imposing crowing around the bar and being louder than everyone else in the place. The staff however made us feel right at home and were happy to accommodate us. It was a little expensive but there were some very unique options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!AnciraFamilyDined on 8/15/2014We took our daughter for her 14th birthday. When we arrived for our dinner reservation, the hostess immediately acknowledged our daughter's special day- nice! The atmosphere was full of energy, great background music and decor was beautiful. Our server was so kind and ensured we understood the menu, as it was a bit different due to "restaurant week". The food was amazing - salads, sliders, salmon, tarts, flat breads, and their mac n' cheese specials - ALL DELICIOUS. The desserts, Chocolate Onyx and Tropical Tango, were the specials; they were out of this word delicious! We really appreciated the script writing birthday message and candle put on our daughter's plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Death by Chocolate Hurts So GoodTaramizooDined on 8/14/2014I love Co Co Sala. I visit every restaurant week because that's the only time I can afford it but it's worth the price. Everything I've ever had here blew my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute spotCutieFoodieDined on 8/14/2014I've heard mixed reviews of Co Co. Sala, so I was skeptical. I thought restaurant week was the perfect chance to try it out. The service was excellent! Our waitress was attentive without being overbearing. If you like spicy I recommend the buffalo chicken slider. All of the food was delicious. Would I go back though? Only with the restaurant t week special pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coco treatsTomTom1sttimeDined on 8/14/2014Awesome eats. I love this place. Always fabulous! It was my manager's first time here and she was in Aaaww. She couldn't believe that items were made of chocolate and not overwhelm her taste buds. She definitely wants to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocoa goodnessSuburbanFoodieDined on 8/13/2014I like how they found ways to incorporate cocoa into savory dishes as well. Their presentation was pretty. I actually would have liked smaller dessert portions though - I can't handle that much dessert chocolate!Special Features:
- I'm Glad I Went!CityLoverDined on 8/13/2014My first time going here was for DC Restaurant Week and I loved this place!!!! The Buffalo Chicken sliders were to die for and the drinks are amazing. I also thought ther interior was very trendy and added a flair to the overall experience. I will definitely be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a letdownJenLovesFoodDined on 8/13/2014The hot chocolate and drinks are so good. The food is good but small servings and expensive. The restaurant is loud- small space and they stuff it full of people. the staff is hoity toity. The bus boys were nice but everyone else was rude and pompous.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weeklililu1Dined on 8/12/2014I've only been once before with my little sister for dessert. I went for restaurant week after seeing that their restaurant week menu was actually worth it (few places' menus are lately). The food was good and filling. Though the portions look small, it's somehow very, very filling. We had leftovers! The bacon mac and cheese was delicious. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ChocoholicChocoholicDined on 8/12/2014Everything was delicious. From the drinks at the bar, to the meals, to the desserts it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.