Co Co. Sala
929 F street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Co Co. Sala
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cocosala.com/
- Phone: (202) 347-4265
- Hours of Operation:
Sat & Sun Brunch 11am-2:30pm;
Sat Dinner 5pm-12am;
Sun Dinner- Closed;
Bar open late night (Mon-Sat);
Bar Happy Hour Menu Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm;
Chocolate Boutique (next to restaurant) open Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm, Sun 12pm-4pm(Sunday hours are seasonal).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, American
- Executive Chef: Santosh Tiptur
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We accept advance orders for catering. Please contact us for more details.
- Entertainment: Lounge DJ on Friday and Saturday. Come watch Co Co. Sala's chocolatier make fresh chocolates and decadent desserts in the chocolate room.
- Special Events: Co Co. Sala is more than happy to work with you whether you have a 15 person birthday party or a 350 person cocktail evening.
Please note that personal wines (2 bottles maximum) will be subject to a $25/bottle corkage fee.
A word from Co Co. Sala
Co Co. Sala is Washington DC's Chocolate Lounge & Boutique inviting you to experience chocolate, coffee, and cocktails in a tantalizing new way! Visit our lounge with dramatic wave walls that emulate flowing chocolate while defining intimate seating areas where brunch, dinner, multi-course desserts, and late-night dining are served. Two glimmering bars serve as the perfect backdrop for the sumptuous chocolate within and at night transform into a provocative atmosphere where tantalizing cocktails are served. Specializing in cuisine with global flavors, patrons can also satisfy cravings of the salty and savory variety with dishes incorporating chocolate and coffee in surprisingly unique mediums. Our next-door boutique features our artisanal chocolates beautifully presented along with our popular indulgences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Co Co. Sala reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)special occasion (124)romantic (114)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (53)great for brunch (44)late-night find (43)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Don't miss CoCo SalaMarilynVIPDined on 11/22/2014The best place in downtown DC for both food and drinks! Best chocolate I've ever eaten. You will be so delighted with the unique food offerings and the incredible desserts. The food is both art and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate lovers place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Delish desserts but the food falls short with common boring bar fare aka sliders, buffalo chicken, and salads etc. They do have a few options that arent as boring but there isnt much to the menu in my opinion. Loved the drinks and dessert. It is a cute trendy place so I do recommend trying this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I thought it was amazing. The portions are on the smaller side but that is fine. I loved the sonnet and the desert. I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate lovers paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014If you love chocalate, Co Co Sala is a must place to eat. Everything from their cocktails to their main dishes have some sort of chocolate worked into the recipe. This is more of a tapas style restaurant but, this dining style helps in not over eating so, that you have room for the best part of this restaurant....dessert! The ambiance is energetic with great service but, seating is a bit tight. Also, this place is right across from the Ford theatre, so you can quickly catch a show after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchDCDinerDined on 11/16/2014I went to CoCoSala for brunch. It was hands down one of the best brunches I've ever had. The brunch menu is fantastic. I struggled to make a decision but ended up getting the breakfast flatbread. It was incredible. We got a s'mores french toast for the table which was a decadent treat. I will absolutely come back again and I have already recommended this brunch to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Chocolate Martini!TonyGDined on 11/15/2014The chocolate martini was awesome! Food was very good, and reasonably priced. Unfortunately they were out of the tuna tartar, after the waiter highly recommended it, which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Coco Sala.ncgmarieDined on 11/8/2014Portions are small but - amazing. Love dessert - it is a must. The most decadent you will ever have perhaps!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous!CheekyredheadDined on 11/8/2014A friend who lives in the are recommended the restaurant to me. I was in DC for a girls weekend and we all absolutely loved everything! From the drinks to the decadent desserts...truly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was good with the varieties of chocolates incorporated, waiter was good . Hostess was not accommodating! Will not return.Special Features:
- If you love chocolateMintmoonDined on 11/8/2014This is the place to visit if you are a chocoholic. They have a variety of dishes and dessert around the best chocolate flavors.Special Features:
- Go for the dessertSDelVIPDined on 11/8/2014Food was good. Dessert was excellent. Very crowded and noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and service. Went here for a Saturday brunch. The mimosas were awesome. And the chocolate selection next door is also a plus! Would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Liked everything we tried. Plates were fairly pricey for such small servings. Husband and I split the shrimp crostini app. He had beef sliders and bacon (dipped in chocolate) mac 'n cheese for dinner. I had the scallops, and while there were only 3 on the plate and they weren't big, the celery root puree was filling. Split the Onyx for dessert, was just as good as everyone said. Didn't try any of the cocktails, but I loved my salted caramel hot chocolate. Would hesitate to call this spot romantic, though it does have the potential to be if you go at the right time. We went right when the happy hour crowd was gathering at the bar but the decor leans towards the romantic side. Service was attentive yet not intrusive. Would return.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014Food was so-so ... steak overcooked and tuna not as fresh as it should be. Sure, desserts rocked but the apps & entrees did not come close to expectations. Also, service was lacking ... disappearing act when we needed water (2x) ... had to get up and get the pitcher myself.Special Features:
- A Fantastic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014I had a fantastic meal at Co Co. Sala. We did the "Brunch Experience" and what an experience it was! Though everything was exceptional, I especially enjoyed the breakfast flatbread. All of the flavors of our dishes were so well balanced and in such harmony. Even the very chocolatey items were not too rich or overpowering. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Pleasant experience...MoneteateryDined on 10/29/2014...but something was missing. When you think you are going to experience a menu using chocolate, the anticipation can be pretty high for a chocolate lover. Though the overall experience was fine, we felt a bit let down. Our server was attractive and sincere about what was being served, but didn't seem to have excitement for what we were about to taste. I have a feeling Coco sala has passed its prime.Special Features:
- Not as romantic as others suggestedChocoholicDined on 10/28/2014We chose Co Co Sala for our wedding anniversary on the basis of others saying it was romantic. When we first arrived, it was incredibly noisy (for which the hostess apologized), but quieted down after 8:00 when the bar crowd diminished. The service was top notch and the food was excellent. The atmosphere left a little to be desired, as it felt more like a nice lounge (perhaps because there was little to distinguish the bar area from the dining area) then a restaurant. Overall, I would recommend it, and might go back again, but I would find a better spot for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too pricey for a pubFood4thoughtDined on 10/28/2014The bar crowd was huge and so loud we could not converse across a small table. The food was reasonable, though not spectacular, and given the price, the experience was a big disappointment.Special Features:
- Great spot to celebrate my birthdayBirthdayDined on 10/25/2014I love the food here. Let's start with the drinks - goes down so easy that you'll want to order more and more...but they are quite pricey. The salad we had for our prix-fixed menu was disappointing to me. It was just a bed of greens, light dressing, and a few pieces of apples and dates. Entrees were amazing and so happy all my friends enjoyed their selections. Desserts...yummy!!! I had the Onyx for the 3rd time and it never disappoints. Valet - $10 on a Saturday night. Begay a bargain!! However, there were only 2 guys working and they took FOREVER to bring our cars up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out of town guestsArlingtonianDined on 10/24/2014I love this place. It's the right combination of interesting items but not *too* unusual that non-adventurous diners would be unsatisfied. I love taking guests (incl. teens) here because it is elegant and current, but still affordable enough and with a perfect location near the mall. The small plate style means you can try lots of things and guests feel like they have had an experience - and makes splitting the bill easier. They also have a lovely bar with original cocktails (the allure being my favorite.) Of course, the real reason I love this place is the dessert. the onyx mousse was to die for. The service is great but the somehow the hosts have some attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire party must be presentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014CoCo Sala is very strict about not seating you until your entire party is present. We had a larger party and unfortunately people were running late. Five minutes after asking the hostess if our table was still safe while we waited for our final party member to valet her car (at their valet which was VERY slow), I was told our table had been given away. I understand their policies but they need to do a much better job of communicating with customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageIluvfoodVIPDined on 10/17/2014We waited 10-15 minutes just to get a glass of water. The food was very average. It was edible but nothing was really good. We got 3 plates to share and 2 desserts. We were always looking for our waiter. I'm not sure if he had too many tables to handle or what but he wasn't ever around. With all the great places to eat in DC I won't be going back here.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Amazing food. Get the 3 course dessert! You will not be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was deliciouscheeseisreallygoodDined on 10/11/2014We had the cheese fritters, scallops, spiced steak and chocolate onyx. They were all amazing. Also, fetish and cocojito (cocktails) were great.Special Features:
- ExcellentNomNomNomDined on 10/10/2014Love the hint of chocolate in their cocktail drinks. And the food is spectacular. Needless to say, our dining experience exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed.chessielassDined on 10/4/2014Spent a lot of time researching spots for dinner in preparation for a special weekend in the city, ultimately deciding on Co Co Sala. They called my cell in the middle of an event that we were attending, yet did not leave a message. I called back to make sure nothing was wrong, they said they just wanted to make sure I was still coming. We arrived about 5 minutes early and were seated immediately. I was expecting a nice romantic atmosphere, but there was a VERY loud bar crowd and the music was VERY loud. My husband and I could barely hear each other speaking. Server was nice, but distracted. Male employee came out of the women's bathroom while I was waiting to use it, which was more than a little uncomfortable! Not at all what I expected.Special Features:
- 3 cheers for Co Co. SalaladieswholunchDined on 10/4/2014This was a great find! The food was very unusual and delicious, portions were just right--not big enough to feel stuffed but very satisfying. Quirky and original cocktails, delicious appetizers, great entrees and luscious desserts, and EVERYTHING from cocktails to dessert had CHOCOLATE in it! Even so, nothing was heavy or overly sweet. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- If it wasn't for the food...BEPOEDined on 10/4/2014I've always gone to Co Co Sala for happy hour because I enjoy the appetizers and desserts. I also love that a lot of their cocktails incorporate chocolate in a very subtle way. However, their service is always subpar. Every time I go, I run into minor issues and found that their staff isn't the most friendly (not mean, just not that welcoming). Where most restaurants accommodate their guests, I've found them to be the exception. If it wasn't for the unique culinary experience, I'm not sure if they would be on the top of my list. Worth the experience though, even if you only go once.Special Features:
- Tasty and creativeacme24Dined on 10/2/2014The chocolate theme carries through in almost every dish on the menu. I wish it had been used a little more adventurously in the cocktail and appetizer menus, but overall the food was original and well-made. A fun place to try with semi-adventurous and foodie friends!Special Features:
- Disappointing ServicesavetheoceanDined on 10/2/2014I'll highlight the worst moments. On arrival I stopped at the front desk to be seated. Four staff were there and there was no line, yet they could not stop their conversation to acknowledge me. I left and went to look in an adjacent area as I had entered the wrong area for the restaurant. Unfortunately I was wrong and returned to the front desk where the 4 staff continued in their conversation and then finally asked if they could help me. Considering the reputation of CoCo Sala I expected much better service. My waiter wasn't much better. He was polite and helpful but strangely took my meal order but ran off to place my order without ever taking my husband's order for dinner. What a shame because the food was yummy and desserts divine.Special Features:
- good not greatSSP713Dined on 10/1/2014We made reservations weeks beforehand, yet found ourselves seated in the bar area where there was a lot of noise and traffic. Food was just as delicious as I remembered the last time we went to celebrate. Yet, the overall experience wasn't the same. It has been two+ years, so it might be me. Or just that we were seated in a more private area the time before. Either way, I would not recommend this restaurant for a special celebration dinner.
- Not for celebrationDissappointedDined on 9/29/2014I notified and confirmed with restaurant we were there for a 21st birthday celebration I also told the our waiter but the desserts we ordered had nothing written to say congratulation or acknowledged our birthday girlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chocolate placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Staff members were nice. They didn't make us feel uncomfortable even if we were underdressed (jeans and shirt - went here after watching a concert at Verizon Center). Food was awesome, chef is super creative. I don't love chocolate as much as the next person but their food really wowed me - I got the chocolate onyx. Dessert prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedXenos007Dined on 9/27/2014Went on a Saturday night. Good ambiance and a nice setting. Food are creatively made but mediocre. Overall small quantity and very pricey dishes. If they are going to charge that much for a dish, please make sure the food is well cooked and hot (not room temperature for the fries and Mac & Cheese). Very disappointed.Special Features:
- chocolate paradisefood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014It was a bit pricey, but the dessert and drinks were to die for. I ordered a fetish to drink and it tasted like drinking a chocolate covered strawberry. It was amazing, along with the 3 course dessert. Definitely recommend this place for a romantic dessert and drinks.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFoodie123Dined on 9/27/2014Everything we had was delicious, from the cocktails, to the tapas, to the desserts. This place is great for a girls night or a date in which you aren't necessarily famished. I would not recommend bringing the average guy, especially one that's really hungry. They will probably need 15 of the small plates to be full. Despite this, everything we tried was excellent. My favorites were the blue cheese sliders with beef, the prawns, the cheese fritters, and the manchego and apple salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceRMooreDined on 9/22/2014I went here for my birthday and I thought the food was very good. The drinks are a little more pricey than I wanted to pay for, but it was worth the experience since it was made with chocolate. My friend was satisfied with the food, but the portions are very small. Might be hungry afterwards. Other than that, I enjoyed it thoroughlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but ok for dessertdhkjhgjaihVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been here a couple times. The food itself is not so amazing considering the price. There are a number of significantly better restaurants in the area that offer the same type of cuisine and charge less. I have had the dessert and remembered it being very good. Came back this time just for dessert and was not particularly impressed. The chocolate onyx was very good, just like last time. My group also shared the prix fixe 3 course dessert and chose the Some More Co Co dessert. It wasn't very impressive...in fact the chocolate brownie that came with it simply wasn't very good...rather dry. Boxed brownies were better, despite the quality of chocolate. C'est la vie.Special Features:
- Good place but could be betterTluvstodineDined on 9/20/2014I was very impressed with the layout. We were seated right away even though we were a few minutes late. Our server was ok, as I think she was waiting on a lot of people at once so she was really frustrated. The door to the outside area was open, so every time someone smoked, you could just smell it all the way in, which I think was a huge turn off. The food was ok, nothing out of this world. In fact, some had a funky taste. Out of all, we loved the drinks. The drinks are too die for especially the chocolate martini and the deserts are good also. So overall it was an ok experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Costly but tastyFormerFedVIPDined on 9/18/2014Ate outside, so the "Energetic" noise level wasn't under the control of the restaurant. I got a spicy cauliflower appetizer, a watermelon salad, and a couple sliders. She had the cheese fritter and skirt steak. Everything was delicious. We had several glasses of wine and a couple after dinner drinks each along with three desserts -- one for me, one for her, and three macaroons for her to take home -- so the final bill was almost $200 before tip. That won't stop us from returning to Co Co. Sala.I would recommend this to a friend.