Co Co. Sala
929 F street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Co Co. Sala
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cocosala.com/
- Phone: 2023474265
- Hours of Operation:
Sat & Sun Brunch 11am-2:30pm;
Sat Dinner 5pm-12am;
Sun Dinner- Closed;
Bar open late night (Mon-Sat);
Bar Happy Hour Menu Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm;
Chocolate Boutique (next to restaurant) open Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm, Sun 12pm-4pm(Sunday hours are seasonal).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, American
- Executive Chef: Santosh Tiptur
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We accept advance orders for catering. Please contact us for more details.
- Entertainment: Lounge DJ on Friday and Saturday. Come watch Co Co. Sala's chocolatier make fresh chocolates and decadent desserts in the chocolate room.
- Special Events: Co Co. Sala is more than happy to work with you whether you have a 15 person birthday party or a 350 person cocktail evening.
Please note that personal wines (2 bottles maximum) will be subject to a $25/bottle corkage fee.
A word from Co Co. Sala
Co Co. Sala is Washington DC's Chocolate Lounge & Boutique inviting you to experience chocolate, coffee, and cocktails in a tantalizing new way! Visit our lounge with dramatic wave walls that emulate flowing chocolate while defining intimate seating areas where brunch, dinner, multi-course desserts, and late-night dining are served. Two glimmering bars serve as the perfect backdrop for the sumptuous chocolate within and at night transform into a provocative atmosphere where tantalizing cocktails are served. Specializing in cuisine with global flavors, patrons can also satisfy cravings of the salty and savory variety with dishes incorporating chocolate and coffee in surprisingly unique mediums. Our next-door boutique features our artisanal chocolates beautifully presented along with our popular indulgences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Co Co. Sala reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (135)special occasion (124)romantic (123)hot spot (54)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (43)good for groups (38)great for brunch (38)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Entire party must be presentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014CoCo Sala is very strict about not seating you until your entire party is present. We had a larger party and unfortunately people were running late. Five minutes after asking the hostess if our table was still safe while we waited for our final party member to valet her car (at their valet which was VERY slow), I was told our table had been given away. I understand their policies but they need to do a much better job of communicating with customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageIluvfoodVIPDined on 10/17/2014We waited 10-15 minutes just to get a glass of water. The food was very average. It was edible but nothing was really good. We got 3 plates to share and 2 desserts. We were always looking for our waiter. I'm not sure if he had too many tables to handle or what but he wasn't ever around. With all the great places to eat in DC I won't be going back here.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Amazing food. Get the 3 course dessert! You will not be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was deliciouscheeseisreallygoodDined on 10/11/2014We had the cheese fritters, scallops, spiced steak and chocolate onyx. They were all amazing. Also, fetish and cocojito (cocktails) were great.Special Features:
- ExcellentNomNomNomDined on 10/10/2014Love the hint of chocolate in their cocktail drinks. And the food is spectacular. Needless to say, our dining experience exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed.chessielassDined on 10/4/2014Spent a lot of time researching spots for dinner in preparation for a special weekend in the city, ultimately deciding on Co Co Sala. They called my cell in the middle of an event that we were attending, yet did not leave a message. I called back to make sure nothing was wrong, they said they just wanted to make sure I was still coming. We arrived about 5 minutes early and were seated immediately. I was expecting a nice romantic atmosphere, but there was a VERY loud bar crowd and the music was VERY loud. My husband and I could barely hear each other speaking. Server was nice, but distracted. Male employee came out of the women's bathroom while I was waiting to use it, which was more than a little uncomfortable! Not at all what I expected.Special Features:
- 3 cheers for Co Co. SalaladieswholunchDined on 10/4/2014This was a great find! The food was very unusual and delicious, portions were just right--not big enough to feel stuffed but very satisfying. Quirky and original cocktails, delicious appetizers, great entrees and luscious desserts, and EVERYTHING from cocktails to dessert had CHOCOLATE in it! Even so, nothing was heavy or overly sweet. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- If it wasn't for the food...BEPOEDined on 10/4/2014I've always gone to Co Co Sala for happy hour because I enjoy the appetizers and desserts. I also love that a lot of their cocktails incorporate chocolate in a very subtle way. However, their service is always subpar. Every time I go, I run into minor issues and found that their staff isn't the most friendly (not mean, just not that welcoming). Where most restaurants accommodate their guests, I've found them to be the exception. If it wasn't for the unique culinary experience, I'm not sure if they would be on the top of my list. Worth the experience though, even if you only go once.Special Features:
- Tasty and creativeacme24Dined on 10/2/2014The chocolate theme carries through in almost every dish on the menu. I wish it had been used a little more adventurously in the cocktail and appetizer menus, but overall the food was original and well-made. A fun place to try with semi-adventurous and foodie friends!Special Features:
- Disappointing ServicesavetheoceanDined on 10/2/2014I'll highlight the worst moments. On arrival I stopped at the front desk to be seated. Four staff were there and there was no line, yet they could not stop their conversation to acknowledge me. I left and went to look in an adjacent area as I had entered the wrong area for the restaurant. Unfortunately I was wrong and returned to the front desk where the 4 staff continued in their conversation and then finally asked if they could help me. Considering the reputation of CoCo Sala I expected much better service. My waiter wasn't much better. He was polite and helpful but strangely took my meal order but ran off to place my order without ever taking my husband's order for dinner. What a shame because the food was yummy and desserts divine.Special Features:
- good not greatSSP713Dined on 10/1/2014We made reservations weeks beforehand, yet found ourselves seated in the bar area where there was a lot of noise and traffic. Food was just as delicious as I remembered the last time we went to celebrate. Yet, the overall experience wasn't the same. It has been two+ years, so it might be me. Or just that we were seated in a more private area the time before. Either way, I would not recommend this restaurant for a special celebration dinner.
- Not for celebrationDissappointedDined on 9/29/2014I notified and confirmed with restaurant we were there for a 21st birthday celebration I also told the our waiter but the desserts we ordered had nothing written to say congratulation or acknowledged our birthday girlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chocolate placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Staff members were nice. They didn't make us feel uncomfortable even if we were underdressed (jeans and shirt - went here after watching a concert at Verizon Center). Food was awesome, chef is super creative. I don't love chocolate as much as the next person but their food really wowed me - I got the chocolate onyx. Dessert prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedXenos007Dined on 9/27/2014Went on a Saturday night. Good ambiance and a nice setting. Food are creatively made but mediocre. Overall small quantity and very pricey dishes. If they are going to charge that much for a dish, please make sure the food is well cooked and hot (not room temperature for the fries and Mac & Cheese). Very disappointed.Special Features:
- chocolate paradisefood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014It was a bit pricey, but the dessert and drinks were to die for. I ordered a fetish to drink and it tasted like drinking a chocolate covered strawberry. It was amazing, along with the 3 course dessert. Definitely recommend this place for a romantic dessert and drinks.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFoodie123Dined on 9/27/2014Everything we had was delicious, from the cocktails, to the tapas, to the desserts. This place is great for a girls night or a date in which you aren't necessarily famished. I would not recommend bringing the average guy, especially one that's really hungry. They will probably need 15 of the small plates to be full. Despite this, everything we tried was excellent. My favorites were the blue cheese sliders with beef, the prawns, the cheese fritters, and the manchego and apple salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceRMooreDined on 9/22/2014I went here for my birthday and I thought the food was very good. The drinks are a little more pricey than I wanted to pay for, but it was worth the experience since it was made with chocolate. My friend was satisfied with the food, but the portions are very small. Might be hungry afterwards. Other than that, I enjoyed it thoroughlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but ok for dessertdhkjhgjaihVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been here a couple times. The food itself is not so amazing considering the price. There are a number of significantly better restaurants in the area that offer the same type of cuisine and charge less. I have had the dessert and remembered it being very good. Came back this time just for dessert and was not particularly impressed. The chocolate onyx was very good, just like last time. My group also shared the prix fixe 3 course dessert and chose the Some More Co Co dessert. It wasn't very impressive...in fact the chocolate brownie that came with it simply wasn't very good...rather dry. Boxed brownies were better, despite the quality of chocolate. C'est la vie.Special Features:
- Good place but could be betterTluvstodineDined on 9/20/2014I was very impressed with the layout. We were seated right away even though we were a few minutes late. Our server was ok, as I think she was waiting on a lot of people at once so she was really frustrated. The door to the outside area was open, so every time someone smoked, you could just smell it all the way in, which I think was a huge turn off. The food was ok, nothing out of this world. In fact, some had a funky taste. Out of all, we loved the drinks. The drinks are too die for especially the chocolate martini and the deserts are good also. So overall it was an ok experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Costly but tastyFormerFedVIPDined on 9/18/2014Ate outside, so the "Energetic" noise level wasn't under the control of the restaurant. I got a spicy cauliflower appetizer, a watermelon salad, and a couple sliders. She had the cheese fritter and skirt steak. Everything was delicious. We had several glasses of wine and a couple after dinner drinks each along with three desserts -- one for me, one for her, and three macaroons for her to take home -- so the final bill was almost $200 before tip. That won't stop us from returning to Co Co. Sala.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply divine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was extremely attentive. The food was fantastic. The desserts were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dessert datedlanezDined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I ordered an appetizer (the four cheese fritters, quite good but very rich and unnecessary in light of the food experience that was about to come....), the 3 course dessert experience, and another dessert. The amuse sucre was something like a DD munchkin and tasted like a molten chocolate cake--we'd have eaten a dozen! Every part of Co Co Grown Up was amazing--most surprising was that the cupcake was HUGE and super moist, but not too rich. Chocolate Onyx was the star, though. The chocolate mousse/creme brulee "cake" was easily the best dessert I've ever had and the sorbet was a good palate cleanser. We didn't get our petits fours, but we were full and felt we'd gotten our money's worth so we didn't bother asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable!EagleeyeDined on 9/11/2014Rich and flavorful food that is fun to share. 2 plates per person plus dessert to share will fill you up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have Had Better HereAlwaysAscendingDined on 9/9/2014I have been to Co Co. Sala on a half dozen occasions and this was my least favorite. I went at 4:30pm on a Tuesday so was the only one there. The bartender wasn't too friendly but he chatted me up a bit which was pleasant enough. The drinks were good as were his service; his mood could've been better though. Moved to a table for dinner after drinks and tasty appetizers. The server was good but the food was not. Very small portions and my scallops smelled fishy and didn't taste that fresh. I will stick with the appetizers next time.
- Food Great, Service a bit slowHollettLADined on 9/7/2014To be fair, the slow service was due to the fact there seemed to be one server for roughly 10 tables and many arrived within a few minutes of each other. But if you're going to put a time limit of two hours on your bottomless brunch deals, you do need to have either quicker moving staff or more of them. The food was, as always, great, and the drinks were fantastic. I'll give them one more Bottomless Brunch try.Special Features:
- slightly above avgale2Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great, staff very friendly. We were 30mins late for our reservations due to hurricane like conditions (a 40min drive took 1hr 15min) but they sat us right away. I was taking my wife out for her birthday and I wrote it in the special instructions but I guess they don't do anything for birthdays. Food was good quality and semi fancy but nothing tasted out of this world. Dessert was delicious, we got a pinapple/coconut thing, forget what it was called. It was very noisy and the space was not huge so it was difficult to talk to your date without shouting which for a bar scene is fine but for dinner it was a little much. Biggest complaint is that it felt like +90degrees. Never been to a restaurant where it was so hot inside.Special Features:
- Water Drops Falling on My Head...gt8871aVIPDined on 9/6/2014When we were about to be seated I noticed there were water drops in one of the chairs. I looked up and noticed that there was water dripping from one of the AC vents high above the seat on the ceiling of the restaurant. So I asked to be seated elsewhere. I looked around the restaurant and noticed that all of the AC vents had condensation on them, and water was dripping down at the bar as well as on other chairs. Later an employee was using a makeshift mop to remove the condensation. Instead of closing off the affected tables, they chose to turn off the AC. Afterwards it got hot and we sweated through the entire dinner. The restaurant just doesn't seem very customer service focused and is much more bottom line focused.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Service was attentive. Really dark inside, but dessert was amazing.Special Features:
- Chocolate Lover's DreamTheHeatmakerDined on 9/5/2014Choco-galore!!! Dinner/App menu is decent at best but anything with chocolate as an ingredient is likely fantastic. My girlfriend had a "chocolate maritini" of sorts, it was really good. Dessert was fantastic. Overall Co Co. Sala is worth the a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!TheFytFoodieDined on 9/2/2014I've been wanting to try this place for years but wanted it to be a date night. Well I finally made it and it was everything I thought it would be. I'm in love and I'll definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRoRoDined on 8/30/2014Food delicious. The drinks are a must. Try the Fetish! Great time.Special Features:
- Cute + Good Food!ChicchickDined on 8/29/2014This is a bit pricey for what you get (very small portions) but overall the venue was nice. Music was a bit loud for conversation so my boyfriend and I sat outside where it was much more quiet even though it was practically on the street. We had the strawberry flatbread and the buffalo chicken sandwiches sliders which were great but a bit spicey and very tiny! The food was delicious but again small portions and price didn't provide the best value.Special Features:
- Very Interesting Food!tracys88Dined on 8/29/2014I found the food at Co Co Sala amazing--the flavor combinations were very unique, such as the tuna tar tar we ordered that had a candy shell or the flatbread with strawberries on top. The Opal dessert is delicious, so I recommend ordering that for dessert. The service was also superb--the waiter was there before we ever had to ask for anything. It is a bit noisy, so if you are planning an intimate date this may not be the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad if you like small platesFoodFanVIPDined on 8/29/2014The menu has some interesting choices, but I'm not a fan tapas. In theory, small plates allow you to try many things, but the pricing is too high to make it affordable. So I left the restaurant hungry after a $70 bill and 2 slices of pizza can fill me up. The bar is very active on the weekends which ratchets up the noise level, so don't sit too close if you want to enjoy your own conversation. The waiter was pretty responsive and pleasant. Not a place I would recommend, but if you like tapas, give it a try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The ambiance, service, the food and the chocolate everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!stanDined on 8/23/2014This was a wonderful treat. When you've heard great things, sometimes expectations aren't met - not so here! I loved everything about our experience! The okra grits were a great surprise. Cheese fritters, yum. And of course dessert - the Onyx was a little chocolate intense, but the peanut butter gelato one was amazing. Beet salad - so good. A hit all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!LucheeDined on 8/23/2014I had the breakfast flatbread and it was amazing. Plenty of food and it taste really good. Desserts were small but were very tasty. Highly recommend the brunch. I will go again when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate Love AffairCocoGirlDined on 8/22/2014Date night with my new boyfriend. We both fell in love with the chocolate infused drinks! The food was superb! Small portions, but delicious. We be coming back every chance we get!Special Features:
- Savories as good as the sweetsfoodieforayDined on 8/22/2014Cocojito & malted milk martini; tasty. Arugula salad-very good. The beet salad beautiful and very good, but dressing on quinoa-a bit too acidic. Scallops and salmon: lovely to look at, cooked perfectly. We ordered the 3 course dessert experience with the sticky situation and latin love affair. Also beautifully arranged and presented. Loved the ginger ice cream on the sticky situation. Could have eaten a lot more of that! We were asked if we wanted coffee with dessert and we would have, except we were told they don't serve decaf. We thought this was odd and I would suggest that they change their policy and serve decaf in future. There is not a big danger of walking away too full which is a good thing in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dyt2dcDined on 8/21/2014The dining area at this establishment is dark and over populated with tables. Tables are situated in extremely close proximity to one another. I felt as if I was forced to dine with strangers. I had to whisper when speaking to my wife to avoid being heard by the couple at the next table. This place is supposed to be intimate and romantic. I found it to be claustrophobic and awkward. The food quality was good. I enjoyed the bacon mac and the scallops. The cocktails are gimmicky and overpriced. I prefer quality to novelty in my choice of libation.Special Features: