Clyde's of Tysons Corner
8332 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 7037341901x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rebecca Fischer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Rooms located on second floor, with rooms available for parties of 2-200.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private and two semi-private rooms available for groups of 2 - 200.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Kilby 7037341901x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Tysons Corner
At one of Virginia’s busiest crossroads and convenient to world-class shopping, this Clyde's features Robin Hill paintings, Albert Paley metal sculpture, hand-blown glass fixtures and American artifacts. Seasonal American cuisine in an Art Deco setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Clyde's of Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Clyde's of Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (73)good for groups (54)great for brunch (49)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (30)fit for foodies (25)romantic (21)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (13)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- As expected...nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Some high points: bread, butter, lobster, price. Some low points: French fries had to be replaced with hot ones; pinots not so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall Lobster TreatHoyBDined on 9/12/2014We did an early Friday evening pre-show dinner with another couple. Typically, September and October are LOBSTER months at Clyde's. Three of the foru of us found the lobster casserole a highly fine substitute for the REAL lobster (usually steamed before serving, of course!)Special Features:
- nottoo9Dined on 9/11/2014First time I've had the filet there that it wasn't very tender. Hostess was very concerned and offered another meal but I was eating it. Just a little disappointed as it'd always been great and was only so so last eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening and CelebrationRichDined on 9/9/2014We had a birthday dinner there; complimentary valet parking; no wait; great table and service; good drinks; great food.Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Wolf Trap DiningColonelDrapesDined on 9/6/2014We got the time we wanted to have a leisurely dinner prior to attending the performance of "Cirque Dreams" at Wolf Trap. Three of us got the lobster and one doubled up on his order. The staff will "de-shell" the critter for you if you are a neat freak. The swordfish was delicious. The desserts were free thanks to the ticket envelope from Wolf Trap.Special Features:
- Great serviceHerbalDined on 9/4/2014We reserved a table for a family birthday and the host greeted us and took us to the perfect table. The service was superb throughout the meal, despite a very busy restaurant. The food was fresh, cooked properly, and delicious. The entire staff worked together to make sure we were happy. And the slice of chocolate birthday cake was fantastic!Special Features:
- Delicious food, terrific serviceJayHDined on 9/1/2014We visited on a Monday night. We had made reservations, but when we were seated, only 3 tables were occupied. Three of us ordered the veggie ravioli. It was delicious and just the right size. The server was very attentive and sociable (without over sharing). We always like the food there. The ambiance so-so -- they try, but place is underlit and the layout is kind of tight.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationJackVIPDined on 8/31/2014We got our family of 12 together to celebrate a Birthday and all had a wonderful delightful delicious dinner and get together. We were not rushed-service was really attentive and helpful and everyone in our group remarked how much they enjoyed their meals. We all look forward to returning. Their menu is great and has a very nice variety to satisfy all different kinds of tastes. Their seafood is always nice and fresh and perfectly prepared as well as their other entrees.Special Features:
- Just AveragePhaal21Dined on 8/28/2014The music was way too loud sitting outside but thankfully after talking to the front desk they turned it down so a comfortable conversation could be had. The food was fresh and well cooked but lacked depth of flavor in the dishes. The blackberry creme brulee had 1 blackberry on the dollop of whipped creme. It was just traditional creme brulee so I felt the description was very misleading. It was good, but nothing to rave about.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014This Clydes is going down hill. Old decor, no updates in 30 years. Service was slow. Food was just ok. Not cooked up to par for a nice restaurant. Smells old!
- Wife's Birthday DinnerwvwiggieDined on 8/20/2014Clyde's of Tysons Corner provided a very memorable dining experience for us. The service, I would rate as 5 stars. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. We had the NY Strip and a Jumbo Crab Cake, both were cooked to perfection and were very tasty. Overall, I would highly rate this restaurant.Special Features:
- Dependable Clyde'sNiceeveningDined on 8/19/2014Good food, service and atmosphere with reasonable pricing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014It's a bear to find, really tucked away - got lost a few times en route. BUT... the food was pretty good, music wasn't too loud, service was alright (server brought us our check before we were ready to close out - he just assumed we were done, but we wanted to order more and had told him that we were thinking about it), but I went there for a first date and it was a pretty good pick to do so.Special Features:
- Great BrunchcrossedtheriverDined on 8/17/2014I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal at any Clyde's. The summer vegetable quiche was perfect, as were the fried green tomatoes. The strawberry mimosa was good- not too strawberry-ish but just the right amount. I recommend this to anyone looking for a good meal- the menu has a ton of options and while not cheap, I would also not call this expensive at all for the quality of food that you get. If you haven't been- try it out!!Special Features:
- Worst Meal in a Long TimeJsReviewsDined on 8/16/2014Went with friends who picked the place, so we didn't feel comfortable returning our food or complaining while there. I had catfish....tiny little dry piece, flavorless and overdone, on a bed of swiss chard with beets that I thought were supposed to be roasted (they were ice cold, tasted like the kind that is bottled in a grocery store). Husband had salmon, also way overdone, flavorless, on a bed of spinach. Friend had dry overdone ribs. All the walls were covered with romance novel like images of frolicing naked adults, which was the best part of the meal only because it provided us with lots of opportunity to joke around with our friends. NOT a place I would consider for a family gather that includes young people or older relatives!
- Rather DisapointedDirtySuarezDined on 8/10/2014Overall I was disappointed. I picked this location to meet family I don't see too often as they live out of town and I am familiar with your Ashburn location, enjoy that location. First, we were sat at a table that had a dirty table cloth, it still had crumbs and food still from the previous guest. They tried to cover the issues with a napkin. Second we had two people order a bacon cheeseburger neither came with bacon, mine did come with a tomato that sat under the heat lamp while the rest of the food was being made. The staff needs to be trained on how to serve. The busser was on the other end of the table from me and pointed at my plate for me to hand it to him. They all reached across the table to either serve food or clear plate.
- DinnerForTwoDined on 8/10/2014Overall, the experience was positive; and the wait staff was exceedingly attentive. Salad; Yellow beets were totally scrumptious, but the lettuce was Costco large box variety, not farm to table fresh. Chimichurri: a tad vinegary. I have a family recipe from Argentinian family members that's balanced and outrageously good. Brick chicken: Perfection! Hangar steak: Wanted a nice beef entree, but this had a really strong meaty taste. My fault entirely; that particular cut of meat usually is. Cheesecake: Absolutely perfect. Blackberry Shortcake: The cake was incredible. The seedless blackberries were phenomenal! Perhaps the blackberry liquid could have been reduced to a glaze, so it didn't make the bottom of the cake soggy.Special Features:
- Kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014I noticed the waiters sat us with other groups with kids, which was really great! The kids mac n cheese definitely needs improvement, however, for the price. Would definitely eat here again! Love the decorated trees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As it Used to BeJWLGWDined on 8/2/2014This used to be a great place for us to go, but the food is not very good anymore. The last two times we have been here the meat has been dry, lacking in flavor, and unappealing. I wouldn't recommend it anymore.
- Bored and indifferentsatisfiedVIPDined on 8/2/2014Went for an early Sunday dinner with 2 pre-teen children, their mother and two older types. Service was friendly, but amateurish (befitting the age and experience of the people who work there on a summer sunday late afternoon, when there won't be much in the way of tips). The food -- two salmon salads, one BLT, one French Onion soup, one grilled chicken all shared being bland as a common trait. Just nothing of any note. No reason to return anytime soon. Open table says that my review's nickname (whatever tat means) is"satisfied." Not even remotely true, Bored and indifferent better describes it.
- Clyde's TysonsJohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were having an early dinner at 5PM because we were going to Wolf Trap. We were seated right away but then waited 10 minutes for a server although there were plenty of servers standing around and passing our table by. Eventually our server showed up and from then on everything was normal for a Clyde's restaurant--outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but not greatbasslineDined on 7/31/2014Nice menu but not extraordinary. Food was reasonably well prepared. Prices mostly reasonable. Restaurant hard to find if you don't know the area and maybe even if you do.Special Features:
- Great Time with Co WorkersGoodGuysWinDined on 7/30/2014Service was great, seated a large group of men comfortably, food was great as well. My filet mignon steak melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- Good food, Good servicePaulGDined on 7/27/2014Met friends for Sunday brunch. Classic brunch menu, great, friendly and patient service.Special Features:
- Nice!madweberDined on 7/26/2014Nothing to complain about. Waiter was attentive. Food was good. Plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Great all aroundburdahgirlDined on 7/25/2014Incredible food, especially the peach cobbler. Our waitress, Allie, was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, less exceptional diningTTTwiggDined on 7/23/2014I arrived early to meet my party of 4. I had a drink at the bar. The bartender was great. We were taken to our table and service was slow. The food was not up to Clyde's standards (I worked at Clyde Chevy Chase as part of the opening staff). I won't go back. I will go to Reston Clyde's or Chevy Chase, or Georgetown.Special Features:
- Clydes for dinneJillDined on 7/20/2014Clyde's was quiet on Friday night in summer. Our waitress was very helpful and we were entertained by a waiter who carried 6 plates on one arm. We had the filet and it was very good. Each of us requested a different length of cooking and we were all happy. JillI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/19/2014The food was very good. We had lunch-- tuna pita pocket, rueben sandwich and 3-cheese omelet along with various drinks. Service was very good as well. Since the weekends are not very crowded you can hear each other talk. A plus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014I recommend Clyde's as a perfect venue for business lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service 10; Food 8; Facility 3N2itallDined on 7/15/2014Went for lunch and our sandwiches were very good. Could the cup holding the cole slaw be any smaller??? Our server was superb-- helpful and attentive. What disturbs me is that this once pristine and unique environment is looking tired and worn out. Palm trees withering; plants pathetic. Didn't the fountain between the palms used to work? My chair cushion was split with foam exposed. Our table wobbled terribly. Beautiful wood surfaces are dull and dingy. Up higher than heads you can see cobwebs. Wrought iron "fence" was dusty at the bottom. It's all about details. Seriously, after seeing it for 3 decades, this once Art Deco grand dame needs to be face lifted and its beautiful features restored.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodMDdinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014Came in prior to concert at Wolf Trap. Food was delivered efficiently but was awful. My burger tasted lousy and upset my stomach remainder of the evening. Neither of my daughters could eat their meals. One ordered chicken fingers, received fish and while they redid them, insisted they were chicken but it was the oil? By the time they redid her meal, we had to take it with us. Other daughter ordered pizza and it was quality of microwaved frozen pizza. While they were apologetic, we were looking for a simple, easy meal. Just not good. Maybe they do steak better but I'm not finding out.
- Brunch at 10 amOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014We were the only people in the restaurant at 10. More folks arrived about 10:30. Basically, we had a waiter all to ourselves. The closest folks were 5 tables away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisleadingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This Clyde's is a poor comparison to it's DC counterparts and it does Tyson's Corner an injustice. The decor is disjointed, it really is off putting. The bar and dining area are two different extremes. It's just weird and not artistic. The service, which could have made up for the mediocre food, was terrible. Our waitress was no where to be found and aloof; parts of the order were missed and old appetizers were served. Dessert was the best part of the meal experience. If this had been my first time at Clyde's, I would NOT return!
- Outstanding Service!jhayDined on 7/12/2014This was my second time to Clyde's, and both times the service was outstanding. The servers are very friendly and accommodating. I met some friends there. It was well worth my 70 mile drive to get there and would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neither the Best nor Worst Clyde'sAndyDined on 7/11/2014We all had seafood. Parmesan trout was actually fried trout with a parmesan breading; not what I expected but good. Fish and chips was typical but good; swordfish was very good. The standout dish was the beet salad. Service was good. Not crowded on a Friday night; I guess this Clyde's does a big weekday lunch business; they advertise a Sunday brunch, which seems to be a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBadinpaDined on 7/11/2014Our waiter was extremely attentive and courteous. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere inviting, as always. I will return many times!Special Features:
- Food good.....ambiance tiredscjordiVIPDined on 6/27/2014Maybe it's time for Clyde's of Tysons to relocate! Once the hottest place in the area.....now just outdated and old. Food and service still really good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendOlneyfoodieDined on 6/22/2014Clyde's Restaurant is always the best, but at Tyson's Corner it is really hard to find. When we finally did it seemed abandoned. It had about 9 tables filled at 1pm on a Sunday ... so sad. Please put a sign on Leesburg Pike so we know where to go. Drove past it 8 times and finally had to call for directions. GPS was useless.Special Features:
- Brunch a little disappointingBigredDined on 6/22/2014Went to Sunday brunch food was dismal for the price you are going to pay. If you are going to charge 20 bucks for steak and eggs put a real steak on the plate. The brunch drinks come in a little glass and you pay a premium for those too. Would not recommend this restaurant for Sunday brunch!!Special Features: