Clyde's of Tysons Corner
8332 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 7037341901x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rebecca Fischer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Rooms located on second floor, with rooms available for parties of 2-200.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private and two semi-private rooms available for groups of 2 - 200.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Kilby 7037341901x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Tysons Corner
At one of Virginia’s busiest crossroads and convenient to world-class shopping, this Clyde's features Robin Hill paintings, Albert Paley metal sculpture, hand-blown glass fixtures and American artifacts. Seasonal American cuisine in an Art Deco setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Clyde's of Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Clyde's of Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (59)good for groups (58)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (30)romantic (26)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (17)notable wine list (14)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Sunday Night DinnerJackVIPDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our swordfish and crabcake dinners--really great fresh seafood! We also shared the house salad -really nice and fresh. Sour dough bread also was great -just like SFO. Service as always was attentive-made for a really nice dinner!Special Features:
- Great as always!BderiggiDined on 10/25/2014Clyde's does it right, with everything from impeccable service to amazing food. The brunch appetizer of Apple fritters just put the finishing touch in a perfect weekend dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceguestVIPDined on 10/23/2014Train your wait staff before putting them on the floor to serve 3 large parties. Why do you think it ok for them to learn, even the basics, while I am paying and we had a special event being celebrated?Special Features:
- Always Great for Businesss MeetingsSteveDined on 10/21/2014As usual, it was a great lunch with low level noise and table options. Service was a little slow, but she was training a new associate at the same time which Cyde's does very well over 95% of other restaurants service delivery in the DC metro area. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!TammyDined on 10/20/2014Our group had two lobster pot pies which were phenomenal. The pot roast was also excellent! Enjoyed the meal and were pleased with the pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same Clyde'sLauraVIPDined on 10/20/2014Very disappointed this time. Fries were cold, filets were OK. The restaurant is starting to look worn. It needs a facelift.Special Features:
- Lunch with FriendsBanoojonVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had lobster bisque soup which was very salty which I mentioned it to the server. Crab cake was very good so as sweet potato fries. Our server never brought the cinnamon cake that you serve prior to the order. I saw that other tables were served cinnamon cake.
- Wonderful treatwolfe900Dined on 10/18/2014Visiting DC with friends from southern VA. Ate there last year and thought we would look for something different this year. Decided that Clyde's was so good last year that we would again go there. Really enjoyed it again.Special Features:
- Great lobster and oysters!CristatellaDined on 10/17/2014The lobster special, available usually during September and October, is great and was especially great the night we went. The raw bar oysters are excellent too.
- Bit of a disappointmentFoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2014October is lobster month at Clyde's so we opted for the Lobster Pot Pie special over the 1¼# whole lobster special. Supposedly, all the whole lobster meat would be in the pot pie- NOT!! There was maybe ¼ of the lobster meat which could have been cooked more albeit in a mashed potato 'shell'. Our waitress lost track of us finally coming back to tell us our order would be out soon after we finished our meal. Clyde's at Reston and Ashburn have consistently been much better.Special Features:
- Metro worksAnyaDined on 10/11/2014Silver Line brings you to the Greensboro station and a short walk takes you to the restaurant. A walk to the left of the furniture store brings you to a stairway that leads to the parking lot. This will avoid a walk on the service roadway (no sidewalk) and you don't have to use the valet parking. Great way to go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whatever, It's AgreeableOutOfTownerDined on 10/10/2014The decor is dated and the bartenders need coaching. I seems like a place that tried really hard at one point but just became old hat. A little rejuvenation and this place could be great.Special Features:
- dependably gooddachsieloverDined on 10/5/2014Dining at Clydes of Tysons is always nice. The food is reliably good and reasonably priced. My fish was delicious and my friend was very pleased with the steak salad, both the presentation and the tastes. Oysters are always wonderful! The restaurant is very pleasant to be in. It is possible to converse without shouting even when the restuarant is crowded. And service is attentive; the manager made a point to come over to check on us. I would go elsewhere for a unique foodie experience but Clydes does not disappoint.Special Features:
- MikesTunaMeltDined on 10/3/2014Enjoy eating at this particular Clyde's establishment, although the menu is not quite the same at the Mark Center Clyde's. Very willing to "modify" some of the menu items to fit a particular taste or desire. Wait staff is most attentive, enjoy the opportunity to sit and talk with dinner guests after the meal and leisurely have coffee and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyWhoLunchesLadyWhoLunchesDined on 10/3/2014Having read the OpenTable reviews of this particular Clyde's before dining, afterwards I (disappointedly) found myself agreeing with the comments about dated décor, less-than-knowledgeable wait staff (but with a friendly attitude), and mediocre food. The large parking lot was the only plus. Tyson's Corner is being remade into a 21st-century hotspot; Clyde's of Tyson's should take the hint and get out of the 1980s. Clyde's of Ashburn surpasses this one by leaps and bounds.
- brunch on sundayJayJayDined on 9/28/2014The service was good, and most of the food was good, my quiche was too salty and the salad that came with it was drenched in balsamic vinegar. Yuck!Special Features:
- JohnWVIPDined on 9/26/2014We visited this restaurant for dinner on a Friday night. Restaurant has both indoor and outdoor dining available. We chose the indoor dining which is a vibrant and unique atmosphere. We were seated in a requested booth beneath a wall of somewhat kitschy, but well done Garden of Eden murals. My wife had the lobster and I had the seafood pasta. Both were superb. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. Ample onsite parking is available.Special Features:
- Convenient VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Convenient venue with dependable menu and prices. Great place to pop in on short notice.Special Features:
- Food nothing specialCamayDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance and decor are great. I felt comfortable as soon as I walked in. The menu had lots of delicious sounding items, but they failed to impress. The chicken pn the chicken and waffles was heavily breaded without much flavor. Then it was covered with hot sauce maybe that was supposed to add flavor. I had been to Clydes previously and enjoyed the food. This time it was just OK.
- Not What It Once WasLEF313Dined on 9/20/2014We were seated immediately, but the service was very slow. The manager and server were very nice and apologized several times during the evening. Manager took our drink/app orders as the server was delayed. The beet salad and the clams were delicious. The entrees were slow as they had overcooked the brick chicken (The one they brought was borderline overcooked). They brought another beet salad and, when we said we had one, they just gave us the 2nd one. The salmon entrée was very good, the salmon salad was unremarkable, and the fish and chips were good. The server checked on us frequently and the manager offered free desserts for the table due to the slow service. The chocolate mousse was very good, but the cheesecake was nothing special.Special Features:
- WonderfulemmmmmDined on 9/20/2014We had a fantastic server and great seating. Totally pleased.Special Features:
- MainstayArJayDined on 9/19/2014As usual, Clydes of Tysons maintains it wonderful clubby atmosphere. The food is always consistent if not outstanding. The service is attentive but not pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected...nice dinnerDindinDined on 9/15/2014Some high points: bread, butter, lobster, price. Some low points: French fries had to be replaced with hot ones; pinots not so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueHotScotDined on 9/13/2014Good choice for date night. Bar area busy and lively. Dining area quiet and easy to converse in. Wait staff did an excellent job. Food was very good. Trout and Salmon served at proper temperature. Not terribly expensiveSpecial Features:
- Fall Lobster TreatHoyBDined on 9/12/2014We did an early Friday evening pre-show dinner with another couple. Typically, September and October are LOBSTER months at Clyde's. Three of the foru of us found the lobster casserole a highly fine substitute for the REAL lobster (usually steamed before serving, of course!)Special Features:
- nottoo9Dined on 9/11/2014First time I've had the filet there that it wasn't very tender. Hostess was very concerned and offered another meal but I was eating it. Just a little disappointed as it'd always been great and was only so so last eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening and CelebrationRichDined on 9/9/2014We had a birthday dinner there; complimentary valet parking; no wait; great table and service; good drinks; great food.Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Wolf Trap DiningColonelDrapesDined on 9/6/2014We got the time we wanted to have a leisurely dinner prior to attending the performance of "Cirque Dreams" at Wolf Trap. Three of us got the lobster and one doubled up on his order. The staff will "de-shell" the critter for you if you are a neat freak. The swordfish was delicious. The desserts were free thanks to the ticket envelope from Wolf Trap.Special Features:
- Great serviceHerbalDined on 9/4/2014We reserved a table for a family birthday and the host greeted us and took us to the perfect table. The service was superb throughout the meal, despite a very busy restaurant. The food was fresh, cooked properly, and delicious. The entire staff worked together to make sure we were happy. And the slice of chocolate birthday cake was fantastic!Special Features:
- Delicious food, terrific serviceJayHDined on 9/1/2014We visited on a Monday night. We had made reservations, but when we were seated, only 3 tables were occupied. Three of us ordered the veggie ravioli. It was delicious and just the right size. The server was very attentive and sociable (without over sharing). We always like the food there. The ambiance so-so -- they try, but place is underlit and the layout is kind of tight.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationJackVIPDined on 8/31/2014We got our family of 12 together to celebrate a Birthday and all had a wonderful delightful delicious dinner and get together. We were not rushed-service was really attentive and helpful and everyone in our group remarked how much they enjoyed their meals. We all look forward to returning. Their menu is great and has a very nice variety to satisfy all different kinds of tastes. Their seafood is always nice and fresh and perfectly prepared as well as their other entrees.Special Features:
- Just AveragePhaal21Dined on 8/28/2014The music was way too loud sitting outside but thankfully after talking to the front desk they turned it down so a comfortable conversation could be had. The food was fresh and well cooked but lacked depth of flavor in the dishes. The blackberry creme brulee had 1 blackberry on the dollop of whipped creme. It was just traditional creme brulee so I felt the description was very misleading. It was good, but nothing to rave about.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014This Clydes is going down hill. Old decor, no updates in 30 years. Service was slow. Food was just ok. Not cooked up to par for a nice restaurant. Smells old!
- Wife's Birthday DinnerwvwiggieDined on 8/20/2014Clyde's of Tysons Corner provided a very memorable dining experience for us. The service, I would rate as 5 stars. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. We had the NY Strip and a Jumbo Crab Cake, both were cooked to perfection and were very tasty. Overall, I would highly rate this restaurant.Special Features:
- Dependable Clyde'sNiceeveningDined on 8/19/2014Good food, service and atmosphere with reasonable pricing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014It's a bear to find, really tucked away - got lost a few times en route. BUT... the food was pretty good, music wasn't too loud, service was alright (server brought us our check before we were ready to close out - he just assumed we were done, but we wanted to order more and had told him that we were thinking about it), but I went there for a first date and it was a pretty good pick to do so.Special Features:
- Great BrunchcrossedtheriverDined on 8/17/2014I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal at any Clyde's. The summer vegetable quiche was perfect, as were the fried green tomatoes. The strawberry mimosa was good- not too strawberry-ish but just the right amount. I recommend this to anyone looking for a good meal- the menu has a ton of options and while not cheap, I would also not call this expensive at all for the quality of food that you get. If you haven't been- try it out!!Special Features:
- Worst Meal in a Long TimeJsReviewsDined on 8/16/2014Went with friends who picked the place, so we didn't feel comfortable returning our food or complaining while there. I had catfish....tiny little dry piece, flavorless and overdone, on a bed of swiss chard with beets that I thought were supposed to be roasted (they were ice cold, tasted like the kind that is bottled in a grocery store). Husband had salmon, also way overdone, flavorless, on a bed of spinach. Friend had dry overdone ribs. All the walls were covered with romance novel like images of frolicing naked adults, which was the best part of the meal only because it provided us with lots of opportunity to joke around with our friends. NOT a place I would consider for a family gather that includes young people or older relatives!
- Rather DisapointedDirtySuarezDined on 8/10/2014Overall I was disappointed. I picked this location to meet family I don't see too often as they live out of town and I am familiar with your Ashburn location, enjoy that location. First, we were sat at a table that had a dirty table cloth, it still had crumbs and food still from the previous guest. They tried to cover the issues with a napkin. Second we had two people order a bacon cheeseburger neither came with bacon, mine did come with a tomato that sat under the heat lamp while the rest of the food was being made. The staff needs to be trained on how to serve. The busser was on the other end of the table from me and pointed at my plate for me to hand it to him. They all reached across the table to either serve food or clear plate.
- DinnerForTwoDined on 8/10/2014Overall, the experience was positive; and the wait staff was exceedingly attentive. Salad; Yellow beets were totally scrumptious, but the lettuce was Costco large box variety, not farm to table fresh. Chimichurri: a tad vinegary. I have a family recipe from Argentinian family members that's balanced and outrageously good. Brick chicken: Perfection! Hangar steak: Wanted a nice beef entree, but this had a really strong meaty taste. My fault entirely; that particular cut of meat usually is. Cheesecake: Absolutely perfect. Blackberry Shortcake: The cake was incredible. The seedless blackberries were phenomenal! Perhaps the blackberry liquid could have been reduced to a glaze, so it didn't make the bottom of the cake soggy.Special Features: