Clyde's of Tysons Corner
8332 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (703) 734-1901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rebecca Fischer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Rooms located on second floor, with rooms available for parties of 2-200.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private and two semi-private rooms available for groups of 2 - 200.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Kilby 7037341901x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Tysons Corner
At one of Virginia’s busiest crossroads and convenient to world-class shopping, this Clyde's features Robin Hill paintings, Albert Paley metal sculpture, hand-blown glass fixtures and American artifacts. Seasonal American cuisine in an Art Deco setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (67)great for lunch (67)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (48)vibrant bar scene (40)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (34)romantic (24)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (16)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014The soup must have been made from a freeze dried package.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/15/2014Great service - from the host desk and the waiter. The crabcake was not the best this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst Clyde's in the D.C. areaNewZealander2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014We were very excited about visiting Clyde's Tyson's Corner for the first time, as we are HUGE fans of the Clyde's restaurant group and have dined at many Clyde's establishments in the D.C. area. We love all the Clyde's restaurants we visited so far, but unfortunately we could not say the same about this restaurant. Overall service, the food, the atmosphere...nothing compares or even comes close to other Clyde's restaurants we have visited. We will not return.
- love this place!FrequenttravelerDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant, in Tyson's Corner, is great for lunch but especially great for dinner or late night dinner. We find it relaxing with good food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9 person reunionJerseyboyDined on 11/9/2014I recently organized a group brunch for 9 of us from high school. I requested a quieter section of the restaurant and it worked out perfectly. Food at Cylde's is always predicable and good. Service was attentive, but not at all pushy. Thus allowing us to reconnect with each other without much interference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DinechefVIPDined on 11/8/2014We love this restaurant, especially for the food! I had requested a booth, but didn't realize it would be directly across from the kitchen doors. Next time, we will ask for a table near the fountain, a beautiful place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentlaceyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful burgers and salads Best desserts especially the blondieSpecial Features:
- Great for lunchLemonyPersnicketVIPDined on 11/6/2014Good food, great spot for lunch. Brick Chicken was moist and polenta perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have always loved the artistic workTravelingNonnaDined on 11/2/2014I have always loved the artistic design of this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting thereCastleDined on 11/2/2014With the all the construction in the tysons area, it is a. Bit of a challenge to get to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, friendly service!eatoutDined on 11/1/2014Interesting and varied menu. Food was very good and served hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Lots of variety on this menu make it a great place for us to dine. I chose a salad and French onion soup, while hubby had a salad and the pot roast. Shared a pumpkin blondie dessert. All delicious.Special Features:
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Enjoyed the lobster platter and lobster pot pie. Love their sourdough bread and fresh butter.Special Features:
- Oysters!TangowoodVIPDined on 10/27/2014One of the reasons we keep going back to Clyde's is the availability of a variety of oysters, which were, as always, delicious. This time, though, the service wasn't up to the usual high standard: Our original waiter forgot some things we ordered and then got moved to another table. We waited for some dishes in the disorganization of who would replace him, until finally a manager intervened.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night DinnerJackVIPDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our swordfish and crabcake dinners--really great fresh seafood! We also shared the house salad -really nice and fresh. Sour dough bread also was great -just like SFO. Service as always was attentive-made for a really nice dinner!Special Features:
- Great as always!BderiggiDined on 10/25/2014Clyde's does it right, with everything from impeccable service to amazing food. The brunch appetizer of Apple fritters just put the finishing touch in a perfect weekend dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceguestVIPDined on 10/23/2014Train your wait staff before putting them on the floor to serve 3 large parties. Why do you think it ok for them to learn, even the basics, while I am paying and we had a special event being celebrated?Special Features:
- Always Great for Businesss MeetingsSteveDined on 10/21/2014As usual, it was a great lunch with low level noise and table options. Service was a little slow, but she was training a new associate at the same time which Cyde's does very well over 95% of other restaurants service delivery in the DC metro area. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!TammyDined on 10/20/2014Our group had two lobster pot pies which were phenomenal. The pot roast was also excellent! Enjoyed the meal and were pleased with the pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same Clyde'sLauraVIPDined on 10/20/2014Very disappointed this time. Fries were cold, filets were OK. The restaurant is starting to look worn. It needs a facelift.Special Features:
- Lunch with FriendsBanoojonVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had lobster bisque soup which was very salty which I mentioned it to the server. Crab cake was very good so as sweet potato fries. Our server never brought the cinnamon cake that you serve prior to the order. I saw that other tables were served cinnamon cake.
- Wonderful treatwolfe900Dined on 10/18/2014Visiting DC with friends from southern VA. Ate there last year and thought we would look for something different this year. Decided that Clyde's was so good last year that we would again go there. Really enjoyed it again.Special Features:
- Great lobster and oysters!CristatellaDined on 10/17/2014The lobster special, available usually during September and October, is great and was especially great the night we went. The raw bar oysters are excellent too.
- Bit of a disappointmentFoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2014October is lobster month at Clyde's so we opted for the Lobster Pot Pie special over the 1¼# whole lobster special. Supposedly, all the whole lobster meat would be in the pot pie- NOT!! There was maybe ¼ of the lobster meat which could have been cooked more albeit in a mashed potato 'shell'. Our waitress lost track of us finally coming back to tell us our order would be out soon after we finished our meal. Clyde's at Reston and Ashburn have consistently been much better.Special Features:
- Metro worksAnyaDined on 10/11/2014Silver Line brings you to the Greensboro station and a short walk takes you to the restaurant. A walk to the left of the furniture store brings you to a stairway that leads to the parking lot. This will avoid a walk on the service roadway (no sidewalk) and you don't have to use the valet parking. Great way to go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whatever, It's AgreeableOutOfTownerDined on 10/10/2014The decor is dated and the bartenders need coaching. I seems like a place that tried really hard at one point but just became old hat. A little rejuvenation and this place could be great.Special Features:
- dependably gooddachsieloverDined on 10/5/2014Dining at Clydes of Tysons is always nice. The food is reliably good and reasonably priced. My fish was delicious and my friend was very pleased with the steak salad, both the presentation and the tastes. Oysters are always wonderful! The restaurant is very pleasant to be in. It is possible to converse without shouting even when the restuarant is crowded. And service is attentive; the manager made a point to come over to check on us. I would go elsewhere for a unique foodie experience but Clydes does not disappoint.Special Features:
- MikesTunaMeltDined on 10/3/2014Enjoy eating at this particular Clyde's establishment, although the menu is not quite the same at the Mark Center Clyde's. Very willing to "modify" some of the menu items to fit a particular taste or desire. Wait staff is most attentive, enjoy the opportunity to sit and talk with dinner guests after the meal and leisurely have coffee and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyWhoLunchesLadyWhoLunchesDined on 10/3/2014Having read the OpenTable reviews of this particular Clyde's before dining, afterwards I (disappointedly) found myself agreeing with the comments about dated décor, less-than-knowledgeable wait staff (but with a friendly attitude), and mediocre food. The large parking lot was the only plus. Tyson's Corner is being remade into a 21st-century hotspot; Clyde's of Tyson's should take the hint and get out of the 1980s. Clyde's of Ashburn surpasses this one by leaps and bounds.
- brunch on sundayJayJayDined on 9/28/2014The service was good, and most of the food was good, my quiche was too salty and the salad that came with it was drenched in balsamic vinegar. Yuck!Special Features:
- JohnWVIPDined on 9/26/2014We visited this restaurant for dinner on a Friday night. Restaurant has both indoor and outdoor dining available. We chose the indoor dining which is a vibrant and unique atmosphere. We were seated in a requested booth beneath a wall of somewhat kitschy, but well done Garden of Eden murals. My wife had the lobster and I had the seafood pasta. Both were superb. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. Ample onsite parking is available.Special Features:
- Convenient VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Convenient venue with dependable menu and prices. Great place to pop in on short notice.Special Features:
- Food nothing specialCamayDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance and decor are great. I felt comfortable as soon as I walked in. The menu had lots of delicious sounding items, but they failed to impress. The chicken pn the chicken and waffles was heavily breaded without much flavor. Then it was covered with hot sauce maybe that was supposed to add flavor. I had been to Clydes previously and enjoyed the food. This time it was just OK.
- Not What It Once WasLEF313Dined on 9/20/2014We were seated immediately, but the service was very slow. The manager and server were very nice and apologized several times during the evening. Manager took our drink/app orders as the server was delayed. The beet salad and the clams were delicious. The entrees were slow as they had overcooked the brick chicken (The one they brought was borderline overcooked). They brought another beet salad and, when we said we had one, they just gave us the 2nd one. The salmon entrée was very good, the salmon salad was unremarkable, and the fish and chips were good. The server checked on us frequently and the manager offered free desserts for the table due to the slow service. The chocolate mousse was very good, but the cheesecake was nothing special.Special Features:
- WonderfulemmmmmDined on 9/20/2014We had a fantastic server and great seating. Totally pleased.Special Features:
- MainstayArJayDined on 9/19/2014As usual, Clydes of Tysons maintains it wonderful clubby atmosphere. The food is always consistent if not outstanding. The service is attentive but not pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected...nice dinnerDindinDined on 9/15/2014Some high points: bread, butter, lobster, price. Some low points: French fries had to be replaced with hot ones; pinots not so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueHotScotDined on 9/13/2014Good choice for date night. Bar area busy and lively. Dining area quiet and easy to converse in. Wait staff did an excellent job. Food was very good. Trout and Salmon served at proper temperature. Not terribly expensiveSpecial Features:
- Fall Lobster TreatHoyBDined on 9/12/2014We did an early Friday evening pre-show dinner with another couple. Typically, September and October are LOBSTER months at Clyde's. Three of the foru of us found the lobster casserole a highly fine substitute for the REAL lobster (usually steamed before serving, of course!)Special Features:
- nottoo9Dined on 9/11/2014First time I've had the filet there that it wasn't very tender. Hostess was very concerned and offered another meal but I was eating it. Just a little disappointed as it'd always been great and was only so so last eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.