Clyde's of Georgetown
3236 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (202) 333-9180
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Newton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music from 10 PM to close most Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
- Cross Street: Wisconsin Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest Metro Stop is Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom/GW. Both are a 15-minute walk, or a quick ride on the Circulator (Red Bus), or on the 30, 32, 34, 36 or 38 Metrobus from Foggy Bottom.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1/2 Price Parking for up to 3 Hours for Cars Entering After 6 pm in the Colonial Parking Georgetown Park Shopping Garage.
OTHER NEARBY LOTS
3307 M Street NW
7 am – 10 pm, Mon-Wed; 7 am – 12 pm, Thurs; 7 am – 2 am, Fri; 10 am – 2 am, Sat; 10 am – 7 pm, Sun
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
3333 M Street NW
6 am – 7 pm, Mon-Fri; 8 am – 7 pm, Sat; Closed on Sundays
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
A word from Clyde's of Georgetown
Located on bustling M Street in the heart of Georgetown, Clyde's is open daily for lunch and dinner, and late-night fare, and serves weekend brunch. This popular saloon has been a gathering place for Washingtonians and out-of-town visitors since 1963. A moderately priced seasonal American menu and friendly and efficient service in a comfortable atmosphere make it a great place to catch up with friends at the bar over a beer and a Bacon Cheeseburger, or sit down for a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake or Filet Mignon dinner. Or visit our two bars during happy hour Monday-Friday for our Afternoon Delight menu of discounted appetizers, sandwiches and salads. Serving a late-night menu every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)good for groups (58)great for lunch (58)vibrant bar scene (50)great for brunch (43)hot spot (43)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (29)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (17)notable wine list (16)romantic (14)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- consistently greatdrinksandotherlibationsDined on 6/14/2014Brilliantly inventive and pleasantly grounded menu.Special Features:
- Excellent service; okay foodFrodoDined on 6/12/2014First of all, I am glad we went to Clyde's because I don't think we would have gone to Georgetown if we hadn't specifically gone there to eat. One member of our party had the lamb sandwich which he thought was very good. I had the Reuben sandwich which was fine. Thankful that I was able to substitute fruit for the fries. Another member of our party had the fish and chips which sadly was not very good. Fish was all batter and not really any fish and the batter was kind of burnt.Special Features:
- waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014I don't remember his name but he was caucasion, with a ponytail. Very good waiter: pleasant, friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Good food, but priceyFoodjunkieDined on 6/8/2014Decent brunch food, but for what you get, it is a little over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde'sMissyandbradyDined on 6/7/2014I ordered the Ciappino and the broth was extremely salty. I couldn't even dip the bread into the broth as is my custom, very disappointing.
- great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I ordered the french toast ($13.99) with an extra side of sausage ($4.99), which were delicious. As a DC resident, I would recommend for those showing visitors around for the first time in GeorgetownSpecial Features:
- MenuNOCRABSFORMEATCLUDES14Dined on 6/6/2014Everyone runs out of a "special of the day", but when an item is on menu and you specifically coem there for it (softshell crab), your server should tell you as he/she is introducing themselves to you. I was super dissapointed.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodcraig164Dined on 6/5/2014If you want excellent food that isn't overpriced then visit Clyde's of Georgetown.
- Very good experienceDCvisitor7Dined on 6/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed Clyde's so much that we would not pass up another chance to eat there during future visits to DC. I recommend it to all that are looking for good food at reasonable prices in a warm and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Clydes- all locationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014This is one of my favorites. I brought my son who is graduating High School and we had a great late morning bruch together under the huge glass ceiling. The wait staff is always great - attentive but not intrusive. My son enjoed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual GemSdr24VIPDined on 5/22/2014It's casual but the food us fantastic. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!Veggies4lifeDined on 5/18/2014Went here for brunch and loved it! Our waitress was superb! They happily modified my Eggs Benedict (florentine). Will go again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and wonderfulEllyDined on 5/14/2014Clyde's remains a Georgetown staple. The menu changes regularly and the choices are varied, from outstanding burgers to creative pastas, from well prepared fish to interesting salads. The wait staff is efficient and friendly. Don't think I have ever had a disappointing experience at Clyde'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every year I go to Clydes.SweetMichaelVIPDined on 5/13/2014I am in DC every year for business and Clyde's is a must for me. It has been a classic for 40 years. The food is really good without being fancy. The staff does things right without being pretentious. I will be back.Special Features:
- Dependable FooddjfestDined on 5/12/2014I've been to Clyde's of Georgetown several times in the last few years and I am never disappointed in the food. Sometimes it can get a bit loud during the evening, but the service is always quick and respectful which is a huge plus. I am a huge fan of the lamb steak, and I have never gone wrong with any of their monthly specials either. Very good for dinners, and a good place to take a date as well. A DC staple for sure.Special Features:
- First TimersunflouerluverDined on 5/11/2014I finally had the chance to eat here after years of hearing about it. I brought my mom for Mother's Day. We didn't try any of the entrees since we were only there for lunch but the turkey sandwich on their homemade multi-grain bun was awesome. Not too big but filling. The drinks from the bar were also very good. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- DamikeDined on 5/11/2014It was nice and service was great. The food was underwhelming and selection was very limited. But day still turned out nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly suprised!jmattDined on 5/10/2014Although not very familiar with DC dining establishments, knew of Clydes reputation when deciding on where to eat dinner with out of town college friends. Wasn't disappointed! Service was attentive and friendly and the food was excellent. Crab tower lived up to all the reviews. We ordered a second after the first vanished in no time. Dinners were also excellent. Steak Frites, Swordfish, and Brick Chicken all received rave reviews form our party. Comfortable and casual setting allowed us to catch up with old friends. Good food with good friends made for a great time.Special Features:
- Home away from homeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2014When we don't feel like cooking our first choice is Clyde's of Georgetown. The service is friendly and professional and the food is consistently good. You can't beat the house wine for only $6.50. This night was truly special. Thank you Clyde's for such a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Efficient and FlexibleDollyDined on 5/4/2014Our plans changed and we arrived 45 minutes early for our reservation for a party of 6 and were immediately seated. Our server was perfect, not overly talkative or involved, just there when we needed her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonDined on 4/28/2014Amazing ambiance, really vibrant with excellent service. The food was good. My only comment was a bit of noise from the bar area from a woman who had clearly over imbibed.Special Features:
- Always a great choice!PMackDined on 4/28/2014I chose Clyde's because I knew we'd get great food, service and environment. Once again they came through! The service is awesome - these people work very hard to please the patrons. Also, while not fancy, this menu is very tasty and has the kind of choices that just about anyone will like. The wine list is good enough and while not lengthy it fits this well devised menu. When in DC I'll make sure I visit Clyde's again.Special Features:
- Georgetown Gem!WhackVIPDined on 4/27/2014We dine at Clyde's regularly. You can always expect attentive service. The menu has a great variety to accommodate all tastes and palettes. We always look forward to trying the monthly specials. They are always delicious and they are also always very competitively priced. The burgers are the best in Georgetown. The steak salad and the grilled shrimp salad are also winners. I have tried many entrees and you really can't go wrong with anything.Special Features:
- Georgetown VisitlibrarydesignerDined on 4/26/2014Was in Georgetown visiting a few colleges and went to dinner at Clyde's. We were running late due to traffic but they held our reservation and sat us as soon as we arrived. Food was good, service was good...place is very loud though. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very accommodating!MCVaughanDined on 4/26/2014I originally made a reservation for 4, but my group unexpectedly expanded to 7 about a half an hour before the reservation time. I showed up a few minutes early, asked if they could accommodate our larger group, and the hostess was really great. She was honest and said it would likely be another fifteen minutes or so before the table could be prepped, which was totally understandable for a really busy weekend lunch time. We were seated well within the quoted time frame, and had a really lovely lunch. Also: the croque madame was fabulous!Special Features:
- Not so greatSweetTexDined on 4/21/2014Cozy place with old timey atmosphere. Would be a great place for a drink and a few appetizers. We had the hummus for a starter and it was good. But, everything went downhill from there. Our entries were not appealing at all. Didn't taste good and there was a piece of what looked like plastic in my entrée. We told the waitress and she sent the manager over. The manager handled the situation and was very professional and understanding. However, we won't be rushing back for another meal because the food just wasn't very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableIrishelsDined on 4/21/2014Quick reservation at the last minute; sat right away; good service; food was very good; would come back anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishYummyDined on 4/20/2014Everything we ate from appetizer to dessert was absoutely delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter at ClydesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely late lunch at Clydes on Easter Sunday. We took my son and his girlfriend. We all loved our food and it was not to loud so we could talk and hear each other. Our waitress was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter lunch.luvagoodambienceDined on 4/20/2014Our party had a wonderful Easter experience. Food was superb--we had devils eggs, stake, fish, chicken--and the cappuccino was perfect. Server was delightful and helped to guarantee that my meal did not have gluten containing items. Bus boy was also very helpful and was happy to take photos of us with our camera. As we dined, we enjoyed watching the giant bunny distribute chocolates.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for Sunday brunchROK47Dined on 4/20/2014Arrived early and spent 30 pleasant minutes at the back bar (there are two) with a thoughtful bar tender and and interesting group of people. We were seated on time. The service was very good as was the food.Special Features:
- Great Easter Brunch!WhackVIPDined on 4/20/2014Loved our after church Easter brunch today. We both had Eggs Benedict, mine with crab cakes and my husband's with smoked salmon. The atmosphere was festive and relaxed. I loved getting my picture taken with the Easter Bunny. I am a kid at heart. We had good service and a comfortable booth in the Omelet room which I highly recommend. One of the best things about living in Georgetown is living so close to Clyde's. The staff is so nice and accommodating. Clyde's is a Georgetown treasure.Special Features:
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014It was Saturday 9pm,very busy, waiting very long for drinks, food was fine, all over it was ok but we expect little better for Georgetown.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!LocalDinerDined on 4/14/2014We have been to Clyde's several times. This is owned by the same proprietor of Old Ebitt Grill in Washington, DC. Both have excellent food and a unique atmosphere. I will return here again and again.Special Features:
- Food ok / Service okmizaimsDined on 4/13/2014We went for early Sunday brunch and it was not crowded. My husband's food was definitely better than mine - he ordered a wonderful egg skillet hash dish (that I don't see on the menu anymore) & it was awesome. I had french toast that was ok...not bad, but not great either. The issue was we both ordered drinks- a bloody mary and mimosa but it took so long - and it WAS NOT crowded at all. Our server seemed overwhelmed with 3 tables. She went and got my husband's drink but not mine; and seemed to disappear and spent so much time with the other tables and never came back. I never did get my drink. And it was my 40th Birthday breakfast. Probably a fluke server issue...but not a great experience. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Consistent Clyde'sCapitolJVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great brunch at Clyde's on Saturday, they were busy but we had a great little table and enjoyed lunch. The food is consistent and there's something for everyone. It's a great place to bring guests from out of town or picky eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch!NornorVIPDined on 4/12/2014I had such a great brunch here. The food was excellent and the service was superb--I felt very attended to! I will 100% be going back soon.Special Features:
- Strongly recommend Clyde's.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2014Strongly recommend Clyde's. The food was very good and the service was great. My son and I sat at the bar and the bartender was great!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereJoseDined on 4/6/2014The food and service were both great. We were seated at the last available table, to much traffic and noise but we did walk in last minute so it worked for us and Clyde's.Special Features:
- Fine brunchOttoVIPDined on 4/6/2014Sunday brunch at Clyde's of Georgetown is the best.Special Features: