Clyde's of Georgetown
3236 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (202) 333-9180
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Newton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music from 10 PM to close most Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
- Cross Street: Wisconsin Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest Metro Stop is Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom/GW. Both are a 15-minute walk, or a quick ride on the Circulator (Red Bus), or on the 30, 32, 34, 36 or 38 Metrobus from Foggy Bottom.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1/2 Price Parking for up to 3 Hours for Cars Entering After 6 pm in the Colonial Parking Georgetown Park Shopping Garage.
OTHER NEARBY LOTS
3307 M Street NW
7 am – 10 pm, Mon-Wed; 7 am – 12 pm, Thurs; 7 am – 2 am, Fri; 10 am – 2 am, Sat; 10 am – 7 pm, Sun
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
3333 M Street NW
6 am – 7 pm, Mon-Fri; 8 am – 7 pm, Sat; Closed on Sundays
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
A word from Clyde's of Georgetown
Located on bustling M Street in the heart of Georgetown, Clyde's is open daily for lunch and dinner, and late-night fare, and serves weekend brunch. This popular saloon has been a gathering place for Washingtonians and out-of-town visitors since 1963. A moderately priced seasonal American menu and friendly and efficient service in a comfortable atmosphere make it a great place to catch up with friends at the bar over a beer and a Bacon Cheeseburger, or sit down for a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake or Filet Mignon dinner. Or visit our two bars during happy hour Monday-Friday for our Afternoon Delight menu of discounted appetizers, sandwiches and salads. Serving a late-night menu every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)good for groups (60)great for lunch (60)vibrant bar scene (52)hot spot (44)great for brunch (44)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (30)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (20)notable wine list (16)romantic (15)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Clydes is a classic.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/19/2014Visited DC for a business conference. Several of us went to Clyde's for dinner and had an outstanding experience. The food, atmosphere and service were superb. It was the highlight of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worthwhile!drinksandotherlibationsDined on 11/15/2014Good food, good drink; an enduring constant in a turbulent world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy yet very interesting.A20815Dined on 11/12/2014The noise level gets a bit much. Tables are packed together, so be willing to have adjacent parties share your personal conversations - avoid sensitive conversational topics. Food was good, and similar to other Clyde s - and you may want to try the one in Chevy Chase or near the Verizon Center or even Tower Oaks. Those are more spacious, and have much more open space. Our server tonight was very pleasant, and went beyond the typical service and was accommodating to even our little quirks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect place for every reason!UnfortunateDined on 11/10/2014Clyde's is nestled in the most perfect neighborhood, offering great service and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak fritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/8/2014It is a great place in DC with an item for any taste.Special Features:
- My 49th Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Clyde's in Georgetown is by far one of my most favorite spots to celebrate any occasion! Our waitress was lovely, helpful and just a joy. The food was awesome as well as the wine! I enjoyed myself and will always look forward to returning! Thanks again! Ginger White, James Detherage and familySpecial Features:
- Good option for dinner.DapperDined on 10/30/2014Good food and service. Clyde's has a good selection of fresh seafood and other options as well.
- Fun and appetizing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2014The place was packed. We were glad we had reservations. A really fun place to have a booth and a good time.Special Features:
- cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014definitely a cool place with a great vibe right in the heart of Georgetown. The food was just above average and reasonably priced for such a hot spot. You could tell this wasn't a college crowd, just a little bit older and more sophisticated crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JulieDined on 10/26/2014Great menu, wonderful ambiance in the indoor patio area and great staff...thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerChetVADined on 10/25/2014We met some friends who were down from NYC. The restaurant was packed and very loud, so it was a little difficult to carry on a conversation. The food was wonderful, and the service was very good. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- A Fun Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food, service, and ambiance were very good. We all enjoyed our meals which were lobster, crab cakes and fish and chips. Desserts were also very good. I recommend trying this place.Special Features:
- SkidderDined on 10/23/2014Too much noise in the back room, which is supposed to be a quiet room. We had a table of 10 loud men sitting next to us. Several people sat down, and then got up and moved right away. This is not the first time this has happened!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster timeDinahDined on 10/19/2014We are always drawn to Clyde's for the lobster special, and we were not disappointed. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We have visited Clydes a number of times when visiting DC. Food is very good and reasonably priced and service is excellent. This time we were seated in a booth right near the door. There was a lot of traffic going by the table and standing at the table waiting to be seated and the door was constantly opening, which made the area very cold. Hostess did not asks guests holding the door open to come in and shut the door. Will definitely eat there again, but would ask to be seated away from door. (Maybe those booths should get free dessert or something :).Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatTMicha84Dined on 10/19/2014It was a busy Sunday morning, so we anticipated that it would be a bit slow, which it was. That doesn't bother me, we weren't trying to rush, however, by one of our group ordered the challah french toast while the rest of us ordered different versions of eggs benedict, and by the time the food came out the french toast was absolutely cold. We didn't say anything about it, but he only ate about half of it if that which is pretty disappointing when you consider what you're paying at Clyde's. The coffee cake was excellent, the crab tower was really interesting and delicious, and the eggs benedict was fairly good. But that cold french toast was a little ridiculous. I wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- Tasty and cozy!MVC8VIPDined on 10/19/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were all wonderful and made a very cold day much warmer in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious but we were unfortunately seated near the door and the bar which made it quite cold and noisy. The waitress wasn't very personable but still very attentive. Overall it was a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Applebee'ssstsDined on 10/18/2014Felt like an Applebee's with same type of service. Kind of sloppy. Food took long too and was kind of just dumped on the table. Nothing special.Special Features:
- Overrated, overcrowded, overbookedjswimsDined on 10/17/2014Had a reservation for 7 didn't get seated till 7:30, and yet there was a second room full of empty tables. What's the point of a reservation. Too noisy, too crowded, too much hype for a so-so restaurant.
- Yummy but loudHealthyFoodieDined on 10/12/2014My boyfriend and I loved this place. It was my second time but his first. He loved it! He got the Maine Lobster and I got the Veggie Burger. He loved his meal and I loved mine. Our waitress was very attentive and great! We had to wait about 5-10 minutes for a table to be set-up even though we made reservations. It was worth the wait but I would recommend making reservations. We had a great time but could barely hear one another. It would have received 5 stars and not 4 had it not been as loud. However, it was delicious, I had a great time and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotNYDinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had lunch here with our kids. Enjoyed the food and it was relaxed. It was busy so the service was a little slow but servers were very nice and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to othersCaLeviDined on 10/11/2014Was unimpressed. Hoping it had somewhat of a quiet romantic atmosphere like the other Clydes', and it was anything but. Food wasn't anything special. If looking for something upscale, this certainly wasn't. Maybe a slight step up from a regular chain restaurant.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!Food123Dined on 10/9/2014I love Clyde’s! It is one of my favorite places to go when I have a party of 5+Special Features:
- Lobster Month at Clyde'sAndrewVIPDined on 10/6/2014Three of us enjoyed the October lobster special in the landmark Georgetown property. Excellent martinis, nice domestic sparkler, terrific service and very good value.Special Features:
- Worth a return visitBethesdaDiner2Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great and well prepared. They say roasted chicken is a litmus test for a good restaurant and Clyde's definitely qualifies. And the steak salad is amazing - perfectly prepared steak. Clyde's remains on our short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT CHOICEluvs2eatDined on 10/2/2014Clyde's of Georgetown is one of my favorites. You will always have a great meal and the service is excellent. We had 8:15 p.m. reservations but they were able to seat us earlier.Special Features:
- Love the Lobster!BettinaVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is our 5th yr (at least) of meeting and celebrating during your fall lobster special. It's a tradition we all look forward to. Love the cozy booths in G'town; excellent vodka gimlets; lobster; and our waitress Leyla was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's got charmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The drinks, sliders, and our server were good, the pasta bolognese and the pizza were disappointing. A friend tried the crab cake and enjoyed it. It was his first time so who knows how it compares to the ones in Maryland. Basically if you're in the mood for drinks and starters, this place is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieVIPDined on 9/29/2014Always a good meal. Have my favorites but Never disappointed with trying anything g new.Special Features:
- Reliably amazingChirsVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and love this place! It never fails. Great brunch on this occasion. Warm, welcoming service was always on the ball. New house cocktails are worth a try. Wide ranging menu will appeal to almost everyone. The reasonable prices will, too. Charming decor. Great for everyone, from families with kids to college students to young professionals. It can occasionally be a bit crowded and loud but that's often part of the fun.
- DC's go-to .........OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Clyde's has been my DC go-to food/beverage choice for years. Consistently excellent service, food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Pot Pie disappointingBillyVIPDined on 9/24/2014We ate at Clyde's the other day, and one of us ordered the 1.5 lb lobster, which was good. I ordered the lobster pot pie, which was not really a pot pie. It was more like a lobster shepherd's pie. It was less than good. The waiter asked, after noticing that I only ate a portion of the "lobster pot pie," if I liked it. I said it was "ok," and then he walked off. In the past, at other restaurants, if a server saw that I didn't eat much and said it was just "ok," they would ask more questions about why I did not like it. The server was un-interested and rarely came back to the table. I like Clyde's but I did not think my meal and the server was adequate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/23/2014service was so, so slow. It was not very busy, food just okaySpecial Features:
- A second try at a moderate priceMarkNearRFKDined on 9/18/2014Last month I visited to try the sustainable swordfish. We enjoyed our food, but with wine (dessert?) and tip, it was $50/person. This month I had their lobster special and my companion had lobster pot pie. I substituted a small salad for the fries with the lobster. We each had 1 glass of wine. The service was excellent. With 20% tip, the bill was $36/per person. I can see myself repeating that monthly.Special Features:
- Great Place !JavaCocodiningDined on 9/18/2014Arrived early for our 7:00 reservation on Thursday night. Enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar. Bar tender was friendly and attentive. Had the special, lobster. It was excellent, as was the service. Only downside was sitting so close to the next table for two it was hard not to hear their conversation. Would have preferred a booth and more privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in GeorgetownMacFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014You can't go wrong with this restaurant, good food, good service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- First Visit was GreatFoodFanDined on 9/18/2014For our first visit, we would say that Clyde's was a great place to eat. The food was good, the ambiance was great. Our food arriving at our table was slow...guests who arrived after we did, got their food at least ten minutes faster than we got our food, but that wouldn't deter us from returning.Special Features:
- Superb Maine lobsterMinion22Dined on 9/16/2014Yum yum yum.. Food is so good! Lobster recommended! Really fresh and tastes so good! Though very hard to reserve, maximum of six only thru internet... Even if reserved a month before..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUTCHDEDined on 9/15/2014THE FIG SALAD WAS OUTSTANDING. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.