Clyde's of Georgetown
3236 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023339180x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Newton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music from 10 PM to close most Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
- Cross Street: Wisconsin Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest Metro Stop is Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom/GW. Both are a 15-minute walk, or a quick ride on the Circulator (Red Bus), or on the 30, 32, 34, 36 or 38 Metrobus from Foggy Bottom.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1/2 Price Parking for up to 3 Hours for Cars Entering After 6 pm in the Colonial Parking Georgetown Park Shopping Garage.
OTHER NEARBY LOTS
3307 M Street NW
7 am – 10 pm, Mon-Wed; 7 am – 12 pm, Thurs; 7 am – 2 am, Fri; 10 am – 2 am, Sat; 10 am – 7 pm, Sun
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
3333 M Street NW
6 am – 7 pm, Mon-Fri; 8 am – 7 pm, Sat; Closed on Sundays
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
A word from Clyde's of Georgetown
Located on bustling M Street in the heart of Georgetown, Clyde's is open daily for lunch and dinner, and late-night fare, and serves weekend brunch. This popular saloon has been a gathering place for Washingtonians and out-of-town visitors since 1963. A moderately priced seasonal American menu and friendly and efficient service in a comfortable atmosphere make it a great place to catch up with friends at the bar over a beer and a Bacon Cheeseburger, or sit down for a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake or Filet Mignon dinner. Stop by on Sundays and enjoy our 1/2 wine list all day. Or visit our two bars during happy hour Monday-Friday for our Afternoon Delight menu of discounted appetizers, sandwiches and salads. Serving a late-night menu every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)great for lunch (59)good for groups (56)vibrant bar scene (42)great for brunch (40)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (39)kid-friendly (34)special occasion (31)late-night find (15)notable wine list (15)romantic (14)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious but we were unfortunately seated near the door and the bar which made it quite cold and noisy. The waitress wasn't very personable but still very attentive. Overall it was a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but loudHealthyFoodieDined on 10/12/2014My boyfriend and I loved this place. It was my second time but his first. He loved it! He got the Maine Lobster and I got the Veggie Burger. He loved his meal and I loved mine. Our waitress was very attentive and great! We had to wait about 5-10 minutes for a table to be set-up even though we made reservations. It was worth the wait but I would recommend making reservations. We had a great time but could barely hear one another. It would have received 5 stars and not 4 had it not been as loud. However, it was delicious, I had a great time and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotNYDinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had lunch here with our kids. Enjoyed the food and it was relaxed. It was busy so the service was a little slow but servers were very nice and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to othersCaLeviDined on 10/11/2014Was unimpressed. Hoping it had somewhat of a quiet romantic atmosphere like the other Clydes', and it was anything but. Food wasn't anything special. If looking for something upscale, this certainly wasn't. Maybe a slight step up from a regular chain restaurant.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!Food123Dined on 10/9/2014I love Clyde’s! It is one of my favorite places to go when I have a party of 5+Special Features:
- Lobster Month at Clyde'sAndrewVIPDined on 10/6/2014Three of us enjoyed the October lobster special in the landmark Georgetown property. Excellent martinis, nice domestic sparkler, terrific service and very good value.Special Features:
- Worth a return visitBethesdaDiner2Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great and well prepared. They say roasted chicken is a litmus test for a good restaurant and Clyde's definitely qualifies. And the steak salad is amazing - perfectly prepared steak. Clyde's remains on our short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT CHOICEluvs2eatDined on 10/2/2014Clyde's of Georgetown is one of my favorites. You will always have a great meal and the service is excellent. We had 8:15 p.m. reservations but they were able to seat us earlier.Special Features:
- Love the Lobster!BettinaVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is our 5th yr (at least) of meeting and celebrating during your fall lobster special. It's a tradition we all look forward to. Love the cozy booths in G'town; excellent vodka gimlets; lobster; and our waitress Leyla was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's got charmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The drinks, sliders, and our server were good, the pasta bolognese and the pizza were disappointing. A friend tried the crab cake and enjoyed it. It was his first time so who knows how it compares to the ones in Maryland. Basically if you're in the mood for drinks and starters, this place is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieVIPDined on 9/29/2014Always a good meal. Have my favorites but Never disappointed with trying anything g new.Special Features:
- Reliably amazingChirsVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and love this place! It never fails. Great brunch on this occasion. Warm, welcoming service was always on the ball. New house cocktails are worth a try. Wide ranging menu will appeal to almost everyone. The reasonable prices will, too. Charming decor. Great for everyone, from families with kids to college students to young professionals. It can occasionally be a bit crowded and loud but that's often part of the fun.
- DC's go-to .........OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Clyde's has been my DC go-to food/beverage choice for years. Consistently excellent service, food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Pot Pie disappointingBillyVIPDined on 9/24/2014We ate at Clyde's the other day, and one of us ordered the 1.5 lb lobster, which was good. I ordered the lobster pot pie, which was not really a pot pie. It was more like a lobster shepherd's pie. It was less than good. The waiter asked, after noticing that I only ate a portion of the "lobster pot pie," if I liked it. I said it was "ok," and then he walked off. In the past, at other restaurants, if a server saw that I didn't eat much and said it was just "ok," they would ask more questions about why I did not like it. The server was un-interested and rarely came back to the table. I like Clyde's but I did not think my meal and the server was adequate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/23/2014service was so, so slow. It was not very busy, food just okaySpecial Features:
- A second try at a moderate priceMarkNearRFKDined on 9/18/2014Last month I visited to try the sustainable swordfish. We enjoyed our food, but with wine (dessert?) and tip, it was $50/person. This month I had their lobster special and my companion had lobster pot pie. I substituted a small salad for the fries with the lobster. We each had 1 glass of wine. The service was excellent. With 20% tip, the bill was $36/per person. I can see myself repeating that monthly.Special Features:
- Great Place !JavaCocodiningDined on 9/18/2014Arrived early for our 7:00 reservation on Thursday night. Enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar. Bar tender was friendly and attentive. Had the special, lobster. It was excellent, as was the service. Only downside was sitting so close to the next table for two it was hard not to hear their conversation. Would have preferred a booth and more privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in GeorgetownMacFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014You can't go wrong with this restaurant, good food, good service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- First Visit was GreatFoodFanDined on 9/18/2014For our first visit, we would say that Clyde's was a great place to eat. The food was good, the ambiance was great. Our food arriving at our table was slow...guests who arrived after we did, got their food at least ten minutes faster than we got our food, but that wouldn't deter us from returning.Special Features:
- Superb Maine lobsterMinion22Dined on 9/16/2014Yum yum yum.. Food is so good! Lobster recommended! Really fresh and tastes so good! Though very hard to reserve, maximum of six only thru internet... Even if reserved a month before..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUTCHDEDined on 9/15/2014THE FIG SALAD WAS OUTSTANDING. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off-night I hopeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014We go to Clyde's regularly. Our reservation request for a booth was not honored. Starters we did not order were brought. Service was indifferent. Lobster was tepid. I recommend the restaurant add experienced wait-staff and remove a few tables to reduce the noise and congestion.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchJayuvaVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were a party of four seated near the front window on a beautiful Sunday in Georgetown. Clyde's menu items were vast. Besides being out of the smoked salmon for the bennies, we had a great brunch.Special Features:
- diningguysDined on 9/12/2014Great table. Good food. Very friendly staff. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is how dining should beBeccaDined on 9/7/2014We loved everything about this place! I was visiting my friends in Baltimore for the weekend, from Indiana. We decided to spend the day exploring DC. After a stop at Georgetown Cupcakes, we headed over to Clydes. We were seated immediately in the back dining area. From the scenery, to the wine/food, and service. Everything was over the top. Our waiting was well versed, knowledgable, and answered all out questions. The quality of the food was impeccable. Fresh, mouthwatering, and presentable. Clydes, we look forward to our next visit. Keep up the phenomenal work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreCoriDined on 9/6/2014Once a true DC staple, Clyde's has decidedly stopped catering to locals and is now relying entirely on its reputation to precede it to draw in tourists. The food is adequate but forgettable (think local Applebee's). The steak frites were of poor quality and drowned in garlic aoili to try to throw off a discerning palette. The chocolate cake was equally disappointing. The pasta was good, but a very small portion. On the plus side, the drinks are strong. I've always been a fan of Clyde's Restaurant Group and relied on their restaurants to provide a quintessential DC experience when I host out-of-town guests, but I'll reconsider after my experiences here in the past six months.Special Features:
- great spotdinehereDined on 9/5/2014first time experience here was awesome. Great food and service. Definitely make a reservation cuz the place is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client lunchcparkVIPDined on 9/5/2014First we were brought some yummy bread as we perused the menu. We chose the artichoke crab dip as an appetizer to share and I must say it was the best I ever had. We each then ordered the whole Maine lobster due to the recommendation of our waitress. It was amazing!Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat!GreywolfDined on 9/3/2014I love Clyde's! My wife and I were married on September the 3rd, 2014 after the ceremony, the wedding party ate lunch here. We were treated like royalty! The service is great and the food was wonderful! We will make a trip back on our 1st Anniversary to commemorate the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableBethesdaVIPDined on 9/1/2014I haven't been to the Georgetown Clydes for years (I live near the Chevy Chase Clydes), but it is still so reliable for perfect crabcakes, seafood, and excellent hamburgers. They are famous for their chili, but I've almost always gone for the crabcakes or one of the specials. They serve excellent salads, and their menu has a nice variety- something for every taste. The service was courteous and fast. The only downside for this location is parking, which is always difficult in G-town!Special Features:
- another excellent mealGTparentDined on 8/30/2014Thia is one of our favorite spots in Georgetown! Love the food and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor, alright serviceTurnerDined on 8/29/2014The decor is so charming. My date and I loved the food and the ambience. The service wasn't great and the waiter rarely was around us. It caused our dinner to run longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's of GeorgetownAndrewVIPDined on 8/26/2014Always reliable, with good comfort food and service, and they make a great martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!HappyfoodieDined on 8/24/2014We were in Georgetown for just one night and chose Clyde's for the menu and ambience. The mussels were amazing, dinner was great and the staff was very attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Clyde's of Georgetown is an excellent spot to take your student while visiting. The atmosphere is relaxing as well as family friendly. Food is delicious with an extensive menu to choose from. Clyde's is our favorite place in Georgetown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clydes of Georgetown always worksVIP2VIPDined on 8/23/2014Go with a group, go as a couple, go with your teenagers--especially go with your teenagers. It is the perfect place for young adults. The scene is vibrant. The service is great-friendly staff--and one can find just about anything on the menu that appeals to young and old. Highlights: prosciutto and melon salad, big burger, great omelette and delicious crab cakes. Everyone loves Clydes of GeorgetownSpecial Features:
- Great experience!JohnDined on 8/18/2014Our party of six...mom and dad and 4 grown sons had a wonderful time at Clyde's. We were seated in the back room, which was open and airy, with plenty of space for our family. In addition to the nice atmosphere, the food was delicious and our server very attentive! With a son at Georgetown, we plan on coming back for many other meals in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment Clyde's GeorgetownlinnieeatsDined on 8/10/2014reservation made on Open Table for 3 adults several days ahead of our meal with comment we were celebrating a birthday. Imagine my surprise when we were ushered to a small table in the very back of the restaurant - no view, no ambiance. When the waitress poured the wine for me to taste, she spilled it on the tablecloth and it dribbled down the side of the wine glass. she didn't even have the courtesy to apologize. My grilled Alaskan salmon was way overcooked. My husband's Cioppino was way below average. When it was time for dessert, there was no mention of the birthday so we just left.
- Not up to parSurprisedVIPDined on 8/10/2014For my entire life I've always thought of Clyde's as dependable. Not stellar, but consistently dependable. I went with a small group for brunch over the weekend and my eggs Chesapeake was pretty bad. The English muffin wasn't toasted, the eggs were over poached, the hollandaise was runny, and the mini crab cakes were mostly filler and fried beyond recognition. Hopefully this was just an off morning for the kitchen, because Clyde's has always been nice to have in the back pocket especially for guests who like standard american fare.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Our dinner selections arrived promptly and the quality was good, as always.Special Features: