Clyde's of Georgetown
3236 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023339180x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Newton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music from 10 PM to close most Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
- Cross Street: Wisconsin Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest Metro Stop is Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom/GW. Both are a 15-minute walk, or a quick ride on the Circulator (Red Bus), or on the 30, 32, 34, 36 or 38 Metrobus from Foggy Bottom.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1/2 Price Parking for up to 3 Hours for Cars Entering After 6 pm in the Colonial Parking Georgetown Park Shopping Garage.
OTHER NEARBY LOTS
3307 M Street NW
7 am – 10 pm, Mon-Wed; 7 am – 12 pm, Thurs; 7 am – 2 am, Fri; 10 am – 2 am, Sat; 10 am – 7 pm, Sun
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
3333 M Street NW
6 am – 7 pm, Mon-Fri; 8 am – 7 pm, Sat; Closed on Sundays
1 hour: $7, All day: $15, After 5:00: $6, weekend flat: $11
A word from Clyde's of Georgetown
Located on bustling M Street in the heart of Georgetown, Clyde's is open daily for lunch and dinner, and late-night fare, and serves weekend brunch. This popular saloon has been a gathering place for Washingtonians and out-of-town visitors since 1963. A moderately priced seasonal American menu and friendly and efficient service in a comfortable atmosphere make it a great place to catch up with friends at the bar over a beer and a Bacon Cheeseburger, or sit down for a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake or Filet Mignon dinner. Stop by on Sundays and enjoy our 1/2 wine list all day. Or visit our two bars during happy hour Monday-Friday for our Afternoon Delight menu of discounted appetizers, sandwiches and salads. Serving a late-night menu every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)great for lunch (67)great for brunch (50)good for groups (45)kid-friendly (39)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (26)late-night find (17)romantic (14)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great decor, alright serviceTurnerDined on 8/29/2014The decor is so charming. My date and I loved the food and the ambience. The service wasn't great and the waiter rarely was around us. It caused our dinner to run longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's of GeorgetownAndrewVIPDined on 8/26/2014Always reliable, with good comfort food and service, and they make a great martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!HappyfoodieDined on 8/24/2014We were in Georgetown for just one night and chose Clyde's for the menu and ambience. The mussels were amazing, dinner was great and the staff was very attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Clyde's of Georgetown is an excellent spot to take your student while visiting. The atmosphere is relaxing as well as family friendly. Food is delicious with an extensive menu to choose from. Clyde's is our favorite place in Georgetown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clydes of Georgetown always worksVIP2VIPDined on 8/23/2014Go with a group, go as a couple, go with your teenagers--especially go with your teenagers. It is the perfect place for young adults. The scene is vibrant. The service is great-friendly staff--and one can find just about anything on the menu that appeals to young and old. Highlights: prosciutto and melon salad, big burger, great omelette and delicious crab cakes. Everyone loves Clydes of GeorgetownSpecial Features:
- Great experience!JohnDined on 8/18/2014Our party of six...mom and dad and 4 grown sons had a wonderful time at Clyde's. We were seated in the back room, which was open and airy, with plenty of space for our family. In addition to the nice atmosphere, the food was delicious and our server very attentive! With a son at Georgetown, we plan on coming back for many other meals in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment Clyde's GeorgetownlinnieeatsDined on 8/10/2014reservation made on Open Table for 3 adults several days ahead of our meal with comment we were celebrating a birthday. Imagine my surprise when we were ushered to a small table in the very back of the restaurant - no view, no ambiance. When the waitress poured the wine for me to taste, she spilled it on the tablecloth and it dribbled down the side of the wine glass. she didn't even have the courtesy to apologize. My grilled Alaskan salmon was way overcooked. My husband's Cioppino was way below average. When it was time for dessert, there was no mention of the birthday so we just left.
- Not up to parSurprisedVIPDined on 8/10/2014For my entire life I've always thought of Clyde's as dependable. Not stellar, but consistently dependable. I went with a small group for brunch over the weekend and my eggs Chesapeake was pretty bad. The English muffin wasn't toasted, the eggs were over poached, the hollandaise was runny, and the mini crab cakes were mostly filler and fried beyond recognition. Hopefully this was just an off morning for the kitchen, because Clyde's has always been nice to have in the back pocket especially for guests who like standard american fare.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Our dinner selections arrived promptly and the quality was good, as always.Special Features:
- dcdineDined on 8/4/2014Over the years we used Georgetown Clyde's as our go-to place for out of town guests. However, out last visit has us second guessing our choice and might send us looking for another go-to place. The chicken wings are very good; better than the entrées. The hanger steak tasted like had been pre-cooked and just warmed-up. The arugula blackberry salad didn't have any taste at all. How can blackberries not have any taste? The food quality just wasn't there.
- Great foodKmcd22Dined on 8/2/2014Went here before heading on a cruise on the Georgetown water front. I had the crabdip app and a shrimp salad, both were great. Service was great too, they were pretty busy so we were on a tight schedule and they made the adjustment for us to be able to leave on time. Group of 7 of us and we all got everything we wanted with no mistakes and left on time.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great food! Amazingly good and inexpensive wine list. The fish and chips were perfectly done, as were the ribs. Martinis were perfectly made, and generous! Would go back every week (minimum) if we lived in DC. Can't go wrong!!!Special Features:
- Solid ChoiceoutoftownerDined on 7/30/2014When you have guests in town and need someplace energetic with a Washingtonian feel...Clyde's is always a good choice.Special Features:
- Always have a good meal at Clyde'sJasmineVIPDined on 7/27/2014I took 2 out-of-town friends to Clyde's of Georgetown for their July special filet dinner and 1/2 price wine night. They loved it! You can always count on Clyde's to impress out-of-towners. The filets were delicious and the service and ambiance were great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The place has wood floors and walls which looks great but results in it being pretty noisy. It was also fairly cold in there (in July) so bring a sweater. The service was really good and the waitstaff are all young, good-looking people. The day we went (a Sunday) they had half-price on bottles of wine - that was great! The food is good if not particularly memorable. I wouldn't bring a family with little kids there, and I don't think it's for the elderly, but fine for everyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grat Georgetown spot for dinnemarbles31Dined on 7/26/2014We were visiting DC and staying in Foggy Bittom and wanted to try something local. A guide on a tour recommended the place and it was a hot! Had the crab cake and it was delicious. The corn with it was good as well...great side dish! My gf had the filet and loved it and enjoyed that she had a 5oz option. Was a great option and a chance to wander around Georgetown and shop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatExSubGuyDined on 7/24/2014Went with a small group and everyone's meal was great. I had the lamb steak salad and it was perfectly cooked and had tremendous flavor. Several had the hanger steak (steak frites) and all were very pleased. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014During a recent visit to Georgetown we followed the Open Table recommendations and ended up eating Sunday brunch at this wonderful restaurant. From the coffee cake square they put on the table at the beginning of the meal to the coffee that ended it we kept commenting after each bite how great the food was. The service staff were equally wonderful and we really enjoyed watching one of the waiters balance six dishes on his one outstretched arm while serving the tables near us. When we are again visiting Georgetown we will definitely make time to dine here again.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnertxaggie11Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our meal here last Saturday evening. I especially enjoyed getting recommendations from our waitress. I felt her comments and suggestions were honest and not trying to up-sell. Both of our entrees were delicious and the wine pairings were great. We enjoyed the peach crisp for dessert, but would have liked it to have more peaches, especially given the summer season we're in!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great place to dine with friends, very friendly environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner w my wife and daughter.ClydeDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service, and not expensive. Nice Friday evening experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clydes of GeorgetownRichardDined on 7/11/2014I have used this restaurant since 1963 or 1964. It has changed alot and improved the physical plant. The food and service are still great. I used it to celebrate our daughter's return from work in Russia.Special Features:
- Delicious Crab CakesActEsqDined on 7/4/2014Very little filler - lump moist crab meat - at the top of the list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happening good energyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014. Decor was interesting with nice paintings on display.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgetown InstitutionGWUgradDined on 7/2/2014Wanted to give our young (20's) group of guests a feel for Georgetown. Clyde's always comes through!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! A Brunch Gem in GeorgetownVitoVIPDined on 6/22/2014At brunch My wife raved over the Eggs Benedict with crab. My toasted bagel with lox and onions and capers was abundant and delicious. Such a great find in Georgetown. Great old-fashioned bar/ tap room atmosphere. Outdoor dining available. We really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and wait staff. Will definitely return. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedFoggyFoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious despite dirty bread plates and water glasses. Service was beyond poor -- our waitress forgot our drink and food order and even after telling her a second time, still messed it up. Support staff was lovely, however we still left disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunchscript27Dined on 6/15/2014We arrived by bike from the C&O canal path an hour earlier then planned. The hostess was able to seat us early and the service was great. We were able to celebrate a great accomplishment at a great location. The service was wonderful and having the choice of types of eggs benedict was a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatdrinksandotherlibationsDined on 6/14/2014Brilliantly inventive and pleasantly grounded menu.Special Features:
- Excellent service; okay foodFrodoDined on 6/12/2014First of all, I am glad we went to Clyde's because I don't think we would have gone to Georgetown if we hadn't specifically gone there to eat. One member of our party had the lamb sandwich which he thought was very good. I had the Reuben sandwich which was fine. Thankful that I was able to substitute fruit for the fries. Another member of our party had the fish and chips which sadly was not very good. Fish was all batter and not really any fish and the batter was kind of burnt.Special Features:
- waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014I don't remember his name but he was caucasion, with a ponytail. Very good waiter: pleasant, friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Good food, but priceyFoodjunkieDined on 6/8/2014Decent brunch food, but for what you get, it is a little over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde'sMissyandbradyDined on 6/7/2014I ordered the Ciappino and the broth was extremely salty. I couldn't even dip the bread into the broth as is my custom, very disappointing.
- great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I ordered the french toast ($13.99) with an extra side of sausage ($4.99), which were delicious. As a DC resident, I would recommend for those showing visitors around for the first time in GeorgetownSpecial Features:
- MenuNOCRABSFORMEATCLUDES14Dined on 6/6/2014Everyone runs out of a "special of the day", but when an item is on menu and you specifically coem there for it (softshell crab), your server should tell you as he/she is introducing themselves to you. I was super dissapointed.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodcraig164Dined on 6/5/2014If you want excellent food that isn't overpriced then visit Clyde's of Georgetown.
- Very good experienceDCvisitor7Dined on 6/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed Clyde's so much that we would not pass up another chance to eat there during future visits to DC. I recommend it to all that are looking for good food at reasonable prices in a warm and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Clydes- all locationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014This is one of my favorites. I brought my son who is graduating High School and we had a great late morning bruch together under the huge glass ceiling. The wait staff is always great - attentive but not intrusive. My son enjoed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual GemSdr24VIPDined on 5/22/2014It's casual but the food us fantastic. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!Veggies4lifeDined on 5/18/2014Went here for brunch and loved it! Our waitress was superb! They happily modified my Eggs Benedict (florentine). Will go again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.