Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023493700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Clay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. Be sure to check out our newest addition, The Alley Bar, on your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (145)great for lunch (137)special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (83)vibrant bar scene (81)fit for foodies (68)great for brunch (57)hot spot (51)kid-friendly (46)romantic (45)late-night find (44)notable wine list (28)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Love ClydesHorsegirlDined on 10/24/2014This is a wonderful place to dine after an event at Verizon Ctr. Easy access, easy reservations, decent food, good value.Special Features:
- Best birthday spotEvanboDined on 10/24/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant the food was amazing with a wonderful ambiance. Thank you for a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodtimeDined on 10/24/2014Clyde's was a great choice for dining to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. The food and service was great. We will definitely patronize Clyde's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClydesCarolDined on 10/24/2014Love the varied menu. So many types of food to choose from. I also loved the ambiance of the place. Very warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNeighborDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I usually love Clyde's but last nights dinner was very disappointing at Gallery Place. Chili and Gumbo were way over spiced. Hamburger was small and dry. French Fries were not good. My husband's dinner was fine. Also disappointed that the waiter ordered Makers Mark Manhattans instead of rail bourbon which my husband ordered. Maybe it was the crowd for the CAPS game but dinner was not what I normally expect from Clydes and I've been to almost everyone of the restaurants Clyde's owns including 1789, Old Ebbitt and Tower Oaks.Special Features:
- Stale MenuTedHockeyDined on 10/18/2014Menu is stale and needs some revamping. If you eat there with any consistency, you seldom see new items.Special Features:
- Food fine, service coldOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/17/2014We had a nice meal at Clyde's, in that we enjoyed the food and company. I found the waiter very off-putting. While I don't much like overly friendly, casual service, this man was so sour and cold that he chilled the table whenever he came over. Add to that the noise level where we were seated and I will leave Clyde's for times when another friend wants to go there. It won't be on my list of choices, esp. On 7th St. NE where I can choose many more congenial establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHollDollDined on 10/16/2014Our waiter Lee was fantastic! Such a nice young man. We will definitely request him as our waiter the next time we dine with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more variety in menuTedHockeyDined on 10/16/2014While the food is very good, the menu does not change often. Clyde's needs to alter the menu more frequently and offer more seasonal specials. If you eat there often, you do not have much to choose between. Other Clyde's seem to do a better job in changing the menu than does Gallery Place.Special Features:
- I enjoy Clyde'sNKAEVIPDined on 10/15/2014Yummy food and attentive service. We were in and out in an hour ... perfect for a lunch!Special Features:
- Great spontaneous date nightcdcjhwDined on 10/14/2014We were out in the city for a work event and decided to stop for dinner on our way home. We arrived about 30 minutes early and were seated and served immediately. The winter cocktails are amazing! Our dinner came quickly even though the restaurant was busy. The food was delicious; I had duck and he had trout. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little wetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was fine: food, ambiance, being hospitable. The only negative was when several glasses of water, lemonade, and coke were spilled on my person as well as my jacket and wind breaker. I was surprised that the drinks were not subtracted from our bill nor did they offer to pay for my dry cleaning. This doesn't stop me from recommending it to others; it was a fantastic experience besides the unexpected shower that I received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceDCBankerDined on 10/14/2014the restaurant was nearly empty so it was perfect for a business lunch. the wait staff was not attentive and we had to leave when they finally brought the cup of coffee that took more than 15 minutes to deliver
- Service Anyone?appreciategoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014Great location, decoration, active bar scene, as well as good food and variety, but service was absolutely pitiful. Had to ask for water throughout the meal, had to wait excessively to place drink and food orders, and plates sat long after meal was finished. Passed on dessert because service was so bad.
- Perfect ChoiceRdjesqDined on 10/12/2014Something for everyone to eat. Nice menu, reasonable prices, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGeorgeDined on 10/11/2014Food and atmosphere was good. Service was disappointing. Had to ask 4 times for water refill. Waited 25 minutes to get our bill. Felt like we were forgotten.Special Features:
- Love Clyde'sReba36Dined on 10/10/2014The service and food at Clyde's never disappoints. We were late for our reservation and we were still treated like royalty. Great atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- Love the ambiancelove2dineDined on 10/9/2014I took my Lithuanian friend to Clyde's last Thursday and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectanonymousDined on 10/9/2014I took friends visiting from out of town and they are still raving. Good was excellent, ambiance was great, and service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love Clyde'sSVCFaceVIPDined on 10/8/2014I am never disappointed when I have a meal at Clyde's. Been going to the Clyde's chain since 1969 and loved every single visit.Special Features:
- Just missed the markBillPDined on 10/7/2014I thought the layout of the restaurant was great. The bar downstairs looked like a great place to come back to and check out. We were there for lunch. The food was good. The service was good but we had a problem; one member of our party did not receive their food until the rest of us where done with lunch. This left us with a bad overall opinion; we probably would not choose to go there again for lunch. I will go back sometime for dinner to check it out, because the place was so amaizing looking; very plush and expensive looking with all of the rich hardwood interior and huge main staircase. The neighborhood leaves a bit to be desired as it is a little scary around that part of chinatown. I would recommend Clyde's but with a few caveats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French dip exceelentTeeTeeDined on 10/7/2014I had the french dip sandwich and it was delectable!!!!Special Features:
- Best restaurant of the trip to DCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Everything was awesome...best restaurant and decor of my trip to DC. Enzo was our waiter. He was phenomenal. Open late every night.Special Features:
- dcf38Dined on 10/5/2014great location, busy bar scene, service a bit slow, food greatSpecial Features:
- Inviting and intimate atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014I would highly recommend Clyde's to anyone. Great for any occasion. Food including apps were delisicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for en early dinnerbirthdaypartyDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I hit this place for an early dinner after a day long conference event at the Verizon center. We were seated a little earlier than our scheduled reservation since the conference ended early. Food and service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedAnnieDined on 10/4/2014I have been very disappointed with Clyde's over this last year. I work in the building and used to love it for lunch. My co-workers and I have pretty much stopped coming. On Saturday Clyde's was a very convienent location for what we were planning so we decided to eat there. Our waiter Vonn was great, all the food came out correctly, cooked properly and pleasing to the eye. Things that have been in short supply over this last year.Special Features:
- Great locationBookClubGirl55Dined on 10/3/2014we have eaten at several of the Clyde's in the city and have enjoyed then all. This location is in the heart of DC and walking distance from the Verizon Center. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My viewNiceyDined on 10/3/2014I enjoyed the restaurant. The food was delicious. It was quiet yet enjoyable.Special Features:
- TruthfulDined on 10/3/2014The reason for the lower rating for the food this time is due to the French Fries not being the best. I should have requested a new batch but was too busy and not paying attention. Normally, the french fries and food is absolutely Outstanding. I frequent Clydes at Gallery Place. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the Washington, D.C. area.Special Features:
- greatTashaDined on 9/30/2014It was wonderful.Great service!!! They where very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobsreviewBobsreviewDined on 9/27/2014It was a nice experience and very typical of what I have come to expect when dining at one of the Clyde's restaurants.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewsumezzoDined on 9/27/2014I took a friend to Clyde's to celebrate her birthday. She liked her veggie sandwich very much. I ordered the single crab cake with corn, and a side salad instead of the potatoes. The food was delivered promptly, but the crab cake was cold and part of it seemed semi-frozen, as if it had been removed from the freezer and barely thawed and then warmed up. This is unlike Clyde's. I have had delicious crab cakes in the past, and this was definitely an aberration. I asked for another crab cake, a hot one, and it arrived just a little more than lukewarm. At that point I gave up and ate it instead of asking for it to be reheated. I will return, but if I order the crab cake, I will ask the wait staff to make sure it's properly heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Chinatown DC favoritesSusanVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is why Clydes of Gallery Place is such a favorite of my family: great food, wide menu selection which varies seasonably, big comfortable booths, hot bread on the table and superior service. The shrimp pasta was outstanding, with large juicy shrimp served with bow-tie pasta, chopped tomatoes, zucchini and squash sauted to perfection all in a rich tomato sauce. Very large portion which, with hot bread, was an Italian feast! So happy to see South African dry rose wine (mulderbosch) on the wine list. A perfect addition to a fine meal. Service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great foodMSRDOVIPDined on 9/21/2014One of our favorite places to eat before or after a Caps gameSpecial Features:
- Small wine glasses - Fading FriesdisgruntledDined on 9/21/2014Is there no standard wine glass size in your otherwise delightful USA? In Europe, a wine glass must of standard size and the wine menu states 200 mls or 250 mls (a viertel). Clyde's glass of house chardonnay could not have been more than 125 ml. Whatever that is in fl oz. Somewhere one should be told that this is to be a small glass..and should not the glass have a little line on it to show when it is full? and now to the French Fries. Grr...they were not crispy to begin with and they toughened as the meal proceeded. The last few remained on the plate. The fish was good, however.
- Was the chef away?mgt1982Dined on 9/21/2014Had brunch here on sept 23, and none of the plates I ordered were good. I had a great experience with the place itself and the service, but my group and I had a horrible meal. The only good thing were the complimentary slices of coffeecake. Everything else, the ceasar salad, the margarita pizza, the fried calamari and the shrimp bisque were either made by a child or while the chef was away. Unexplainable, really. Maybe it was a one day thing because I know Clyde's has good reviews in general, but what bad luck!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Although generous in portion, the food was bland. In addition, the shrimp special had shrimps that were not properly shelled. The chef claimed they were, so I don't know what the heck is going on in that kitchen. Anyway, the waitress and manager were extremely professional and polite and didn't charge us for those shrimps.Special Features:
- Busy Verizon over flowOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant. Be careful of Verizon crowds, your experience may be less than their standard good fare and convivial ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsRN317Dined on 9/19/2014I reserved a table and although my party arrived 1/2 hr early, we were accomodated without hesitation. The food and the drinks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.