Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (202) 349-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brian Kosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (157)great for lunch (142)vibrant bar scene (93)special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (71)hot spot (64)great for brunch (58)late-night find (46)romantic (44)kid-friendly (43)notable wine list (28)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Our waiter was fantasticFoodDivaDined on 8/21/2014I was a bit concerned about trying Clyde's on a Thursday, thinking it would be jammed packed and noisy. The host was wonderful and gave us a great table. It was not far from the bar, but not so close that noise was an issue. Our waiter was excellent! He was very attentive, accomodating and friendly. The food was really good. We split the baby back ribs dinner, since I wanted a little more than just an appetizer. It was just enough food (for two thin women) and a well-rounded meal. The green beans were cooked perfectly, not overcooked like some restaurants. I plan that as my "go to" meeting place for now on.Special Features:
- usually everything is greatcharlieDined on 8/20/2014off night for food, turkey burger (usually great) was mushy, french dip was shredded and had and odd taste and the salmon was bland and not seasoned properly. Khalila the server saved the day by being wonderful. the ambience there is always good and it was againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Pleasant Lunch or DinnerTomasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistency is what you get at Clyde's--good, quality food; great service; and very fair prices. You can't beat it. It's always enjoyable. The staff makes you feel comfortable. It's one of those places that makes you want to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent VisitLuLu98Dined on 8/19/2014We made an early dinner reservation ahead of a concert. Our table was ready on time. The place is usually bustling prior to a concert so make reservations several weeks ahead. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. We split the calamari which was lightly battered and fried just enough. My dining partner had the blue cheese burger which came prepared exactly as he asked. The burger was slightly pink and almost melt in your mouth. I had the seared albacore tuna which was also pretty much perfect. The restaurant has excellent beer and wine choices. Some wine is available in half bottles. The pricing for the meals and the wines was modest especially given it is in D.C. We enjoyed the experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, delicious dinnerbluejay83Dined on 8/19/2014My father and I went here before a concert at the Verizon Center. Although they were very busy, they got us in and out within an hour, knowing we had time constraints. The food was excellent and decently priced, especially the seafood!Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Took some visiting out-of town relatives here for lunch. Everyone had a different dish and no one was disappointed. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowhillgirlDined on 8/16/2014Very generous roasted vegetable sandwich. Good beer selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best alwaysTXscubagalDined on 8/15/2014The food, service, and ambiance from visit to visit are consistent. Everything is great. Most of all, the food prices are reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravensfan2Dined on 8/13/2014As always Clyde's, regardless of location, was excellent. Food and service was #1.Special Features:
- Service was not good. Food ok.FamOf5Dined on 8/11/2014Server apologized a lot for bad service. Dessert order was forgotten about. Steak wasn't tender. Fish portion was unusually small. Nachos were some warmed up chips with tomatoes dumped on, and a couple pieces of chicken. Specialty drinks had shavings of something like a fruit that was odd.Special Features:
- SUPER MealrichDined on 8/11/2014Great meal as always... fantastic service, great central locationSpecial Features:
- A fun place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014The location is great, which makes Clydes a good stop for dinner after a day visiting DC or before a night out in Gallery Place. The food was pretty good but not amazing, and the service was great aside from getting one entree order wrong. Cocktails were very sweet. Appetizers were great, and the ambience is cozy yet vibrant.Special Features:
- Great selectionBarbinDCDined on 8/7/2014There is something at Clyde's for everyone. That is what makes it so perfect when you done with several other people. I love their salads and the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Worst salad everRebeccaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Since the Cobb salad is no longer available, I ordered a Caesar salad with (fried) chicken tenders. The lettuce was warm and greasy. The whole salad tasted awful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Good food quality and selections Great service and friendly staff. A bit expensive but expected in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Place!!!!ReneeVIPDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant even with all its locations never fails to serve delicious food in a timely manner with courteous service. We arrived early, no problem!! Very gracious.... We can't wait to come again!!!Special Features:
- Waitress NyreeclydeschinatownDined on 8/2/2014She was very friendly, very pleasant, very attentive, very patient. Great waitress However, I ordered the turkey sandwich, NO CHEESE, well the order came with Cheese, and melted. I ordered french fries, NO SALT, well they had salt.Special Features:
- Great Centrally Located LocationBobManDined on 8/1/2014Clydes was the perfect place for an informal business meeting. The food and staff were accommodating to our needs and the food was wonderful. The staff placed us in the perfect location where we could not only discuss business but enjoy our food as well. I recommend this Clydes to all. - EnjoySpecial Features:
- ConsistencyTomasVIPDined on 7/31/2014Always a pleasant experience...good quality food, great service, good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerAGvolDined on 7/30/2014My family has been coming here for years, but this evening was particularly memorable. Our server was a true gem, so hospitable, and the food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty, Saltyelsid1Dined on 7/28/2014The crab soup we had was salty. The pizza we split was salty (credited bacK) and the french dip I ate was salty. What's with the chef that day?Special Features:
- bad day?MelsDined on 7/26/2014I've Been Here Before And Had Good Service But Not ThisTime. Food Came Out Late And Salmon Was Dried Out As If Under Warmer Too Long. Had To Track Waiter Down Repeatedly For Food, Drinks, Condiments, And Plates.
- Phillip McSpaddenPhilDined on 7/26/2014I have been in the DMV for nearly 4 years and Clydes is my favorite place to Dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is horrible!fitfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I used to truly enjoy this restaurant but the service i received this weekend was horrifying. Servers were dropping glasses in the dining area and then nonchalantly walking over the mess until management came. The waiter that we had was unprofessional, curt and inattentive. He walked by our table several times without looking over to check on us. 4+ servers were having a personal conversation right in front of our table. The staff used to be great but Saturday was truly a disappointment. I regret suggesting this restaurant to othersSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed our lunch, the service was wonderful and the food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3337 reviews are from the Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews archive.
- SOMD603Dined on 7/23/2014Very good service. Awesome food. Everyone enjoyed their food!!! They gave us a quiet spot where were able to talk freely.Special Features:
- Great choicenigelwVIPDined on 7/22/2014Recommended and last minute choice, was very pleased with everything.Special Features:
- Convnient and tastyPreferLaBergerieDined on 7/22/2014Cannot be beat for a quick bite before the theater, this place benefits from many rooms, each with a different vibe.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceRuss0164Dined on 7/22/2014The food was very good. Good cocktails. With 2 kids so they put us away from other patrons. That was just fine. Enjoyed it will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Consistenly good food. Nice, "grownup" place in a hustle-bustle neighborhood. Generous servings and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serversNancDined on 7/20/2014The servers make this place fun. It's quite noisy, but they are committed to making your experience goodSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantStephanieDined on 7/20/2014Good Food, fast service and very friendly. We made reservations and were taken to our table on time. No wait. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's never again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Scheduled this reservation over a month ago for a party of 14 before a night out at the Verizon Center. We waited over a hour after we ordered the food and three of the parties had like warm food. The rest of us watched them eat their entire plate and we still had no food. After we canceled our orders and complained the food showed up but we had to leave to get to the concert that was getting ready to start. We were hunger throughout the show but thankful that "New Edition" fed our souls!!! Clydes never again!!
- MisfiringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Venue great; food portions large but late nite service was spotty. Long time for food delivery; extra round of drinks ordered - the order was never filled.Special Features:
- Something for everyone!SHDinerDined on 7/18/2014Had a great dinner here with some family visiting from out of town. The menu is diverse (but not overwhelming) so there was something for everyone, and the prices are extremely reasonable.
- Wrong foodLatetotheatreVIPDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I were there Sunday for brunch before 2 pm theatre at the Lansburgh. We ordered calamari for an appetizer. When the calamari was brought to our table the waiter tried to also leave a plate of chicken wings which we did not order and was meant for a different table. The calamari must have been left in the kitchen waiting on the chicken wings because it was cold when they arrived. For the entrée my wife ordered the eggs Chesapeake. I ordered the grilled filet mignon. We waited an overly lengthy period of time for the entrees to arrive. When they did come my wife's entrée was not the eggs Chesapeake but the regular eggs benedict. It had to be redone and in so doing we were late getting to the theatre for the show.
- Good Findteacherlady6Dined on 7/12/2014I was on vacation in DC and came across Clyde's. It was somewhat of an upscale American restaurant. Our waiter was really nice and attentive and the food was very good. If I go back to DC, I would likely come back to Clyde's.Special Features:
- foodVIPDined on 7/12/2014disappointing. had the special filet mignon and no flexibility on sides; no rice available and the vegetable choice and quantity were very very small and there was really no choice and no possibility to change what one did not like.Special Features:
- great experienceluv2bDined on 7/12/2014Good food, welcoming staff, courteous waiter. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisified and fullDCQtrcenturyDined on 7/11/2014The standard of service and quality food is reliably great at Clyde's. No disappointments and one leaves with a smile and sated appetite.Special Features: