Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (202) 349-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brian Kosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
324 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (152)great for lunch (138)vibrant bar scene (97)special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (86)fit for foodies (71)hot spot (63)great for brunch (57)late-night find (43)kid-friendly (42)romantic (39)notable wine list (28)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great spontaneous date nightcdcjhwDined on 10/14/2014We were out in the city for a work event and decided to stop for dinner on our way home. We arrived about 30 minutes early and were seated and served immediately. The winter cocktails are amazing! Our dinner came quickly even though the restaurant was busy. The food was delicious; I had duck and he had trout. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little wetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was fine: food, ambiance, being hospitable. The only negative was when several glasses of water, lemonade, and coke were spilled on my person as well as my jacket and wind breaker. I was surprised that the drinks were not subtracted from our bill nor did they offer to pay for my dry cleaning. This doesn't stop me from recommending it to others; it was a fantastic experience besides the unexpected shower that I received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceDCBankerDined on 10/14/2014the restaurant was nearly empty so it was perfect for a business lunch. the wait staff was not attentive and we had to leave when they finally brought the cup of coffee that took more than 15 minutes to deliver
- Service Anyone?appreciategoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014Great location, decoration, active bar scene, as well as good food and variety, but service was absolutely pitiful. Had to ask for water throughout the meal, had to wait excessively to place drink and food orders, and plates sat long after meal was finished. Passed on dessert because service was so bad.
- Perfect ChoiceRdjesqDined on 10/12/2014Something for everyone to eat. Nice menu, reasonable prices, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGeorgeDined on 10/11/2014Food and atmosphere was good. Service was disappointing. Had to ask 4 times for water refill. Waited 25 minutes to get our bill. Felt like we were forgotten.Special Features:
- Love Clyde'sReba36Dined on 10/10/2014The service and food at Clyde's never disappoints. We were late for our reservation and we were still treated like royalty. Great atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- Love the ambiancelove2dineDined on 10/9/2014I took my Lithuanian friend to Clyde's last Thursday and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectanonymousDined on 10/9/2014I took friends visiting from out of town and they are still raving. Good was excellent, ambiance was great, and service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love Clyde'sSVCFaceVIPDined on 10/8/2014I am never disappointed when I have a meal at Clyde's. Been going to the Clyde's chain since 1969 and loved every single visit.Special Features:
- Just missed the markBillPDined on 10/7/2014I thought the layout of the restaurant was great. The bar downstairs looked like a great place to come back to and check out. We were there for lunch. The food was good. The service was good but we had a problem; one member of our party did not receive their food until the rest of us where done with lunch. This left us with a bad overall opinion; we probably would not choose to go there again for lunch. I will go back sometime for dinner to check it out, because the place was so amaizing looking; very plush and expensive looking with all of the rich hardwood interior and huge main staircase. The neighborhood leaves a bit to be desired as it is a little scary around that part of chinatown. I would recommend Clyde's but with a few caveats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French dip exceelentTeeTeeDined on 10/7/2014I had the french dip sandwich and it was delectable!!!!Special Features:
- Best restaurant of the trip to DCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Everything was awesome...best restaurant and decor of my trip to DC. Enzo was our waiter. He was phenomenal. Open late every night.Special Features:
- dcf38Dined on 10/5/2014great location, busy bar scene, service a bit slow, food greatSpecial Features:
- Inviting and intimate atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014I would highly recommend Clyde's to anyone. Great for any occasion. Food including apps were delisicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for en early dinnerbirthdaypartyDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I hit this place for an early dinner after a day long conference event at the Verizon center. We were seated a little earlier than our scheduled reservation since the conference ended early. Food and service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedAnnieDined on 10/4/2014I have been very disappointed with Clyde's over this last year. I work in the building and used to love it for lunch. My co-workers and I have pretty much stopped coming. On Saturday Clyde's was a very convienent location for what we were planning so we decided to eat there. Our waiter Vonn was great, all the food came out correctly, cooked properly and pleasing to the eye. Things that have been in short supply over this last year.Special Features:
- Great locationBookClubGirl55Dined on 10/3/2014we have eaten at several of the Clyde's in the city and have enjoyed then all. This location is in the heart of DC and walking distance from the Verizon Center. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My viewNiceyDined on 10/3/2014I enjoyed the restaurant. The food was delicious. It was quiet yet enjoyable.Special Features:
- TruthfulDined on 10/3/2014The reason for the lower rating for the food this time is due to the French Fries not being the best. I should have requested a new batch but was too busy and not paying attention. Normally, the french fries and food is absolutely Outstanding. I frequent Clydes at Gallery Place. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the Washington, D.C. area.Special Features:
- greatTashaDined on 9/30/2014It was wonderful.Great service!!! They where very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobsreviewBobsreviewDined on 9/27/2014It was a nice experience and very typical of what I have come to expect when dining at one of the Clyde's restaurants.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewsumezzoDined on 9/27/2014I took a friend to Clyde's to celebrate her birthday. She liked her veggie sandwich very much. I ordered the single crab cake with corn, and a side salad instead of the potatoes. The food was delivered promptly, but the crab cake was cold and part of it seemed semi-frozen, as if it had been removed from the freezer and barely thawed and then warmed up. This is unlike Clyde's. I have had delicious crab cakes in the past, and this was definitely an aberration. I asked for another crab cake, a hot one, and it arrived just a little more than lukewarm. At that point I gave up and ate it instead of asking for it to be reheated. I will return, but if I order the crab cake, I will ask the wait staff to make sure it's properly heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Chinatown DC favoritesSusanVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is why Clydes of Gallery Place is such a favorite of my family: great food, wide menu selection which varies seasonably, big comfortable booths, hot bread on the table and superior service. The shrimp pasta was outstanding, with large juicy shrimp served with bow-tie pasta, chopped tomatoes, zucchini and squash sauted to perfection all in a rich tomato sauce. Very large portion which, with hot bread, was an Italian feast! So happy to see South African dry rose wine (mulderbosch) on the wine list. A perfect addition to a fine meal. Service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great foodMSRDOVIPDined on 9/21/2014One of our favorite places to eat before or after a Caps gameSpecial Features:
- Small wine glasses - Fading FriesdisgruntledDined on 9/21/2014Is there no standard wine glass size in your otherwise delightful USA? In Europe, a wine glass must of standard size and the wine menu states 200 mls or 250 mls (a viertel). Clyde's glass of house chardonnay could not have been more than 125 ml. Whatever that is in fl oz. Somewhere one should be told that this is to be a small glass..and should not the glass have a little line on it to show when it is full? and now to the French Fries. Grr...they were not crispy to begin with and they toughened as the meal proceeded. The last few remained on the plate. The fish was good, however.
- Was the chef away?mgt1982Dined on 9/21/2014Had brunch here on sept 23, and none of the plates I ordered were good. I had a great experience with the place itself and the service, but my group and I had a horrible meal. The only good thing were the complimentary slices of coffeecake. Everything else, the ceasar salad, the margarita pizza, the fried calamari and the shrimp bisque were either made by a child or while the chef was away. Unexplainable, really. Maybe it was a one day thing because I know Clyde's has good reviews in general, but what bad luck!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Although generous in portion, the food was bland. In addition, the shrimp special had shrimps that were not properly shelled. The chef claimed they were, so I don't know what the heck is going on in that kitchen. Anyway, the waitress and manager were extremely professional and polite and didn't charge us for those shrimps.Special Features:
- Busy Verizon over flowOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant. Be careful of Verizon crowds, your experience may be less than their standard good fare and convivial ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsRN317Dined on 9/19/2014I reserved a table and although my party arrived 1/2 hr early, we were accomodated without hesitation. The food and the drinks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 9/19/2014I love this place. Food is fresh, managers attentive, ensuring customers are satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's Fan 4 LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I've been eating at Clyde's since the 80's at the Georgetown location. I took a friend to lunch who was celebrating her b-day and she thoroughly enjoyed herself and her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor servicelovetoeatDined on 9/17/2014Three of us went here for lunch and had good food but very bad service. We decided the waitress was new; nevertheless, we waited for 20 minutes to put in our order and then waited a while longer for the food. We had lobster and had to ask for a bowl for the shells and then ask again for the bib/utensils to eat it with. The waitress spoke too low for us to hear in the noisy room and didn't speak up even when we said we couldn't hear her. Clyde's needs to supervise new waitresses better to ensure good service. We ended up having to take a taxi back to our office so as not to be late for a meeting. Boo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Food was tasty. Only disappointment was the limited selection for a vegetarian guest. The waiter was rushed and not helpful regarding alternatives that the kitchen might offer. A descent Washington establishment.
- Can Never Go WrongTomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014A great menu.....good food, good prices, great service. You just can't go wrong going to Clyde's. "C" stands for Clyde's Consistency. Been here countless times and you know you are going to enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TColesDined on 9/10/2014Nice convenient location for lunch/dinner. The food is good and the staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to go Clydes!LepstahDined on 9/6/2014Howdy neighbors up at Clydes! I dined in with you after my Marvel Universe Live show. I had a party of 3 & we sat in the atrium. The hosts were pleasant, well dressed & professional. Our server was beautiful, kind, never intrusive but always around at the perfect time. We had Fried Green Tomatoes, Tomato Salad and Soft Shells for our apps - delicious. Well made, perfectly seasoned, nice presentation and speedy. Way to go BOH! We enjoyed our Pork Chop, Caesar Salad & fish but HAD to save space for dessert. The Pound Cake & Bread Pudding were delicious. Oh! Thank you for having a larger dessert list! Back tracking, I had a mojito from the bar, it was on point! All in all, great time! I appreciate your hard work, diligence & consistency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of ClydesDbabe08Dined on 9/6/2014Clydes was not only visually appealing, but tastefully appealing. The services was top-notch and the prices were very good. The free coffee cake they give you was delicious. I had the soft-shell crab sandwich and it was the best I have had. My daughter had the lobster special and it was also very good. We loved our lunch and left with a smile on our face!Special Features:
- Lucky Reservation!DrtchrisDined on 9/5/2014Had old friends from Oregon visiting DC and wanted to take them to a great place Friday night for dinner. I acted too late and my first few choices did not have 7 pm time slots. Searching reviews found Clydes and it was perfect! The ambiance was great, the food was excellent, everyone enjoyed their dinner. A very reasonable and good bottle of wine (or two!) is always a plus to make the dinner affordable and enjoyable! The lobster special was a great bargain and delicious, and they are very accomdating about changing your sides without any hassle or "extra charges" which is refreshing. Love this place will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return?BillDined on 8/30/2014You bet we will. The food was just great and the service first class. Well done everyone. BillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.