Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (202) 349-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brian Kosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (152)great for lunch (139)vibrant bar scene (92)special occasion (89)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (70)hot spot (64)great for brunch (58)late-night find (44)romantic (43)kid-friendly (42)notable wine list (28)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- tingoldVIPDined on 11/19/2014Handsome surroundings, moderate prices, tasty food - something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take out of town guests.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Plenty on the menu for everyone. service started out great, very attentive, however was lacking towards the end of the meal. We never received the chance to ask for a second drink and we spent at least 15 min at the end of our meal with all plates empty before the server returned to our table to clear the plates. Then in was an additional 10 min before he returned to ask about dessert. By that time we were done and ready to leave. Great food and nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeaLVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food at Clyde's Gallery Place is disappointing compared to the food at Clyde's Tower Oaks. The service is very good at both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2014Clyde's upstairs is always a warm, comfortable place for either a relaxed or a business conversation to be enjoyed with good food. Downstairs is a vibrant bar scene.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place before Caps gameNumber1inMcLeanVIPDined on 11/14/2014We wanted a good place for dinner for 5 close to the Verizon Center. Clyde's is the perfect choice. Menu options that satisfy everyone and reasonably priced. Just make sure to book your reservation well in advance as Clyde's is very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu StaleTedHockeyDined on 11/11/2014The menu is stale for anyone who eats there regularly. More menu choices and more variety are needed.Special Features:
- Pre concert dinnerLuvgr8foodVIPDined on 11/10/2014Food had some hits and misses. I had the crab cake platter which in fact the crabcake itself was just ok. The veggies which were sauteed kale pearl onions and butternut squash was excellent. Had fried calamari for appetizer which also could have been better. Taste like it was cooked in peanut oil but was fried very well. Not rubbery but slightly chewy. My daughter had a mojito which taste like it had a premade mixture that taste like it was made with artifical flavorings.. I stuck with my favorite wine. Had the gingerbread creme brulee for dessert it was excellent. HoweverThe service was great prompt courteous and polite. I dropped my napkin and it was noticed bu a server and it was immediately replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!LoveditDined on 11/10/2014I messed up my reservation by a full hour. Instead of the hostesses questioning if I was being honest they quickly seated my group. Our server was really friendly an knowledgeable about the menu. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prep for Stevie Concert!AfterWorkDinerDined on 11/9/2014My friends and I came to Clyde's of Gallery Place to dine prior to the Stevie Wonder concert on Sunday, 11/9. We had a great private table and the food was excellent! Our server was a great young guy and we had a fun fellowship.Special Features:
- Upgraded menu and great drinksDivaBelle423Dined on 11/9/2014Checked out Clyde's with group of my favorite people prior to a concert. Service was prompt. Chicken nachos delish and empanadas were good as well and great portion for appetizer. Really enjoyed atmosphere. Truly appreciate entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's doesn't disappointCatewinDined on 11/8/2014Clyde's is a great staple for when you want American food, have a large group, or to just have a casual fun dinner. The French Dip was great, as was the pork shank appetizer. At brunch, make sure to ask for the coffee cake. Gotta love Clyde's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Allergy AwarenessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014We dined at Clyde's with our 3 children that have food allergies. The staff of Clyde's was wonderful at handling our special requests, and very attentive to the dietary needs of our children. We do not always have a good experience when dining out with food allergies, but they did a great job. We are very appreciative. And, our waiter was great - very kind, attentive and patient!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service still a black markOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We appetizers first, then drinks, then bread. Fairly inattentive service throughout as well.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchJinxDined on 11/7/2014Be here a few times. Celebrated birthday twice there. So I would have to say it is one of my favorites!!!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchRKSpringfieldDined on 11/5/2014I have enjoyed Clyde's NoVA locations, but this was my first time at Clyde's - Gallery Place. Four of us metro'd there for lunch: easy commute and short walk. The restaurant is very inviting, with lots of wood and rich tones. The lunch menu was varied with a good selection of entrees as well as salads and sandwiches. At our table, we had the spaghetti bolognese, the steak frites, and the osso bucco. The steak frites was very tasty; the hanger steak was cooked just right and was nicely seasoned, and the fries and steak accompaniments were really good. The others around my table were also very pleased with their selections. Service was very good: a pitcher of water was left at our table, which is a good approach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's is always goodfreddiecrsDined on 11/4/2014We went to Clyde's in China Town as we always do before going to a Caps game. The food was phenominal, as always. We we're happy with the Jonas crab claws and let the waitress know. She brought out an additional six that were very tasty, indeed.Special Features:
- It's a standardBarbinDCDined on 11/4/2014If you want variety and quality seafood, this is the place to go. Also the seating is comfortable. It's a really big place which is good for how busy it is.Special Features:
- Nice getting a Booth at the BarAjayDined on 11/3/2014Went for lunch with a colleague who needed to vent - and we got a booth at the 1st floor bar. We had the necessary privacy. Clyde's is always reliable, service was good, food was good. This is just a solid restaurant. Not Amazing, but reliable solid. They had taken the beef enchiladas off of the menu since the last time I had gone, apparently - I wish they hadn't. Nothing last forever, and I had a turkey burger. Clyde's, though, can get expensive, so you really only want to go when you need the space and privacy. Otherwise, there are plenty of Good burger joints around Penn Quarter now.Special Features:
- jamescohenVIPDined on 11/2/2014Clyde's is a very good, predictable restaurant. The meals we had were well prepared and tasteful. The service was great. A little noisy,it may be the location of this branch, downtown/gallery place and it being a event night at the arena next door.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Very busy, somewhat slow service but accommodating.Special Features:
- Always DependableMarciaDined on 10/31/2014We've been eating at Clyde's for many years and it's always provided a comfortable atmosphere and reliably good food. On this occasion, before the Fleetwood Mac concert at Verizon Center, we all took advantage of the monthly special and had the lobster pot pie....delicious!Special Features:
- Clydes before concertMarksreviewsDined on 10/31/2014Food overall was ok. In our group, some people enjoyed the food a lot, others less so. I had the lobster pot pie - mediocre. Certainly would not order it again. Should have ordered a sandwich or burger - keeping it simple. Appetizers better than main courses. Atmosphere was the best part. Beer list was pretty good - had a couple of Stella's. They clearly knew their audience - played all Fleetwood Mac music before the show next door.Special Features:
- CAPSYACVIPDined on 10/29/2014The food was good but I was disappointed that the trout parmesan was no longer on the menu. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Dennis6988HDined on 10/28/2014Excellent service only issue was dessert but the Chef came out when delivered to apology and stated it was her fauly. But the dessert was very tasty and the birthday person loved the food and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ClydesHorsegirlDined on 10/24/2014This is a wonderful place to dine after an event at Verizon Ctr. Easy access, easy reservations, decent food, good value.Special Features:
- Best birthday spotEvanboDined on 10/24/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant the food was amazing with a wonderful ambiance. Thank you for a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodtimeDined on 10/24/2014Clyde's was a great choice for dining to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. The food and service was great. We will definitely patronize Clyde's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClydesCarolDined on 10/24/2014Love the varied menu. So many types of food to choose from. I also loved the ambiance of the place. Very warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNeighborDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I usually love Clyde's but last nights dinner was very disappointing at Gallery Place. Chili and Gumbo were way over spiced. Hamburger was small and dry. French Fries were not good. My husband's dinner was fine. Also disappointed that the waiter ordered Makers Mark Manhattans instead of rail bourbon which my husband ordered. Maybe it was the crowd for the CAPS game but dinner was not what I normally expect from Clydes and I've been to almost everyone of the restaurants Clyde's owns including 1789, Old Ebbitt and Tower Oaks.Special Features:
- Stale MenuTedHockeyDined on 10/18/2014Menu is stale and needs some revamping. If you eat there with any consistency, you seldom see new items.Special Features:
- Food fine, service coldOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/17/2014We had a nice meal at Clyde's, in that we enjoyed the food and company. I found the waiter very off-putting. While I don't much like overly friendly, casual service, this man was so sour and cold that he chilled the table whenever he came over. Add to that the noise level where we were seated and I will leave Clyde's for times when another friend wants to go there. It won't be on my list of choices, esp. On 7th St. NE where I can choose many more congenial establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHollDollDined on 10/16/2014Our waiter Lee was fantastic! Such a nice young man. We will definitely request him as our waiter the next time we dine with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more variety in menuTedHockeyDined on 10/16/2014While the food is very good, the menu does not change often. Clyde's needs to alter the menu more frequently and offer more seasonal specials. If you eat there often, you do not have much to choose between. Other Clyde's seem to do a better job in changing the menu than does Gallery Place.Special Features:
- I enjoy Clyde'sNKAEVIPDined on 10/15/2014Yummy food and attentive service. We were in and out in an hour ... perfect for a lunch!Special Features:
- Great spontaneous date nightcdcjhwDined on 10/14/2014We were out in the city for a work event and decided to stop for dinner on our way home. We arrived about 30 minutes early and were seated and served immediately. The winter cocktails are amazing! Our dinner came quickly even though the restaurant was busy. The food was delicious; I had duck and he had trout. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little wetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was fine: food, ambiance, being hospitable. The only negative was when several glasses of water, lemonade, and coke were spilled on my person as well as my jacket and wind breaker. I was surprised that the drinks were not subtracted from our bill nor did they offer to pay for my dry cleaning. This doesn't stop me from recommending it to others; it was a fantastic experience besides the unexpected shower that I received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceDCBankerDined on 10/14/2014the restaurant was nearly empty so it was perfect for a business lunch. the wait staff was not attentive and we had to leave when they finally brought the cup of coffee that took more than 15 minutes to deliver
- Service Anyone?appreciategoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014Great location, decoration, active bar scene, as well as good food and variety, but service was absolutely pitiful. Had to ask for water throughout the meal, had to wait excessively to place drink and food orders, and plates sat long after meal was finished. Passed on dessert because service was so bad.
- Perfect ChoiceRdjesqDined on 10/12/2014Something for everyone to eat. Nice menu, reasonable prices, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGeorgeDined on 10/11/2014Food and atmosphere was good. Service was disappointing. Had to ask 4 times for water refill. Waited 25 minutes to get our bill. Felt like we were forgotten.Special Features: