Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023493700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Clay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. Be sure to check out our newest addition, The Alley Bar, on your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (140)great for lunch (134)special occasion (92)neighborhood gem (82)vibrant bar scene (70)great for brunch (63)fit for foodies (57)kid-friendly (51)romantic (48)late-night find (38)hot spot (37)notable wine list (26)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- BobsreviewBobsreviewDined on 9/27/2014It was a nice experience and very typical of what I have come to expect when dining at one of the Clyde's restaurants.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewsumezzoDined on 9/27/2014I took a friend to Clyde's to celebrate her birthday. She liked her veggie sandwich very much. I ordered the single crab cake with corn, and a side salad instead of the potatoes. The food was delivered promptly, but the crab cake was cold and part of it seemed semi-frozen, as if it had been removed from the freezer and barely thawed and then warmed up. This is unlike Clyde's. I have had delicious crab cakes in the past, and this was definitely an aberration. I asked for another crab cake, a hot one, and it arrived just a little more than lukewarm. At that point I gave up and ate it instead of asking for it to be reheated. I will return, but if I order the crab cake, I will ask the wait staff to make sure it's properly heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Chinatown DC favoritesSusanVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is why Clydes of Gallery Place is such a favorite of my family: great food, wide menu selection which varies seasonably, big comfortable booths, hot bread on the table and superior service. The shrimp pasta was outstanding, with large juicy shrimp served with bow-tie pasta, chopped tomatoes, zucchini and squash sauted to perfection all in a rich tomato sauce. Very large portion which, with hot bread, was an Italian feast! So happy to see South African dry rose wine (mulderbosch) on the wine list. A perfect addition to a fine meal. Service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great foodMSRDODined on 9/21/2014One of our favorite places to eat before or after a Caps gameSpecial Features:
- Small wine glasses - Fading FriesdisgruntledDined on 9/21/2014Is there no standard wine glass size in your otherwise delightful USA? In Europe, a wine glass must of standard size and the wine menu states 200 mls or 250 mls (a viertel). Clyde's glass of house chardonnay could not have been more than 125 ml. Whatever that is in fl oz. Somewhere one should be told that this is to be a small glass..and should not the glass have a little line on it to show when it is full? and now to the French Fries. Grr...they were not crispy to begin with and they toughened as the meal proceeded. The last few remained on the plate. The fish was good, however.
- Was the chef away?mgt1982Dined on 9/21/2014Had brunch here on sept 23, and none of the plates I ordered were good. I had a great experience with the place itself and the service, but my group and I had a horrible meal. The only good thing were the complimentary slices of coffeecake. Everything else, the ceasar salad, the margarita pizza, the fried calamari and the shrimp bisque were either made by a child or while the chef was away. Unexplainable, really. Maybe it was a one day thing because I know Clyde's has good reviews in general, but what bad luck!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Although generous in portion, the food was bland. In addition, the shrimp special had shrimps that were not properly shelled. The chef claimed they were, so I don't know what the heck is going on in that kitchen. Anyway, the waitress and manager were extremely professional and polite and didn't charge us for those shrimps.Special Features:
- Busy Verizon over flowOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant. Be careful of Verizon crowds, your experience may be less than their standard good fare and convivial ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsRN317Dined on 9/19/2014I reserved a table and although my party arrived 1/2 hr early, we were accomodated without hesitation. The food and the drinks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 9/19/2014I love this place. Food is fresh, managers attentive, ensuring customers are satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's Fan 4 LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I've been eating at Clyde's since the 80's at the Georgetown location. I took a friend to lunch who was celebrating her b-day and she thoroughly enjoyed herself and her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor servicelovetoeatDined on 9/17/2014Three of us went here for lunch and had good food but very bad service. We decided the waitress was new; nevertheless, we waited for 20 minutes to put in our order and then waited a while longer for the food. We had lobster and had to ask for a bowl for the shells and then ask again for the bib/utensils to eat it with. The waitress spoke too low for us to hear in the noisy room and didn't speak up even when we said we couldn't hear her. Clyde's needs to supervise new waitresses better to ensure good service. We ended up having to take a taxi back to our office so as not to be late for a meeting. Boo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Food was tasty. Only disappointment was the limited selection for a vegetarian guest. The waiter was rushed and not helpful regarding alternatives that the kitchen might offer. A descent Washington establishment.
- Can Never Go WrongTomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014A great menu.....good food, good prices, great service. You just can't go wrong going to Clyde's. "C" stands for Clyde's Consistency. Been here countless times and you know you are going to enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014Nice convenient location for lunch/dinner. The food is good and the staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to go Clydes!LepstahDined on 9/6/2014Howdy neighbors up at Clydes! I dined in with you after my Marvel Universe Live show. I had a party of 3 & we sat in the atrium. The hosts were pleasant, well dressed & professional. Our server was beautiful, kind, never intrusive but always around at the perfect time. We had Fried Green Tomatoes, Tomato Salad and Soft Shells for our apps - delicious. Well made, perfectly seasoned, nice presentation and speedy. Way to go BOH! We enjoyed our Pork Chop, Caesar Salad & fish but HAD to save space for dessert. The Pound Cake & Bread Pudding were delicious. Oh! Thank you for having a larger dessert list! Back tracking, I had a mojito from the bar, it was on point! All in all, great time! I appreciate your hard work, diligence & consistency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of ClydesDbabe08Dined on 9/6/2014Clydes was not only visually appealing, but tastefully appealing. The services was top-notch and the prices were very good. The free coffee cake they give you was delicious. I had the soft-shell crab sandwich and it was the best I have had. My daughter had the lobster special and it was also very good. We loved our lunch and left with a smile on our face!Special Features:
- Lucky Reservation!DrtchrisDined on 9/5/2014Had old friends from Oregon visiting DC and wanted to take them to a great place Friday night for dinner. I acted too late and my first few choices did not have 7 pm time slots. Searching reviews found Clydes and it was perfect! The ambiance was great, the food was excellent, everyone enjoyed their dinner. A very reasonable and good bottle of wine (or two!) is always a plus to make the dinner affordable and enjoyable! The lobster special was a great bargain and delicious, and they are very accomdating about changing your sides without any hassle or "extra charges" which is refreshing. Love this place will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return?BillDined on 8/30/2014You bet we will. The food was just great and the service first class. Well done everyone. BillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minimal vegetarian optionsveggiedineDined on 8/30/2014While there were some vegetarian appetizers, they did not have an interesting entree that was vegetarian. The restaurant was well located and quiet enough to catch up with an old friend but it would be nice if there were veggie entrees with protein that didn't require special adaptations. Also I couldn't figure out which parking entrance was for Clyde's. "6th and G" is a little ambiguous. The Verizon Center parking there was closed. I parked across the street at full price.
- Good locationMickeyDined on 8/30/2014We had lunch with out-of-town friends. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal.Special Features:
- Great DiningDine2dayDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful place to dine. The food was fresh and carefully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great FoodSusanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Clyde's is the kind of restaurant where you can grab a quick sandwich, an interesting main dish salad or a complete meal. The food is always delicious. Hot fresh bread accompanies the main dishes and ice water is automatically served. The dining room is wood-paneled, warm and inviting with large comfortable booths. Service is always excellent. The seasonal menus are wonderful as they highlight all the best produce available. Prices are very reasonable for such great variety and wonderfully prepared food. This is my neighborhood go-to eatery.Special Features:
- Never a Bad MealSusanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Because of Clyde's ever-changing seasonal menu, there is always something new and delicious to try. And try sampling on a Monday night when the wine is half price! Gives us a break on the bill and makes us keep coming back. Their ribs are succulent and still lots of delicious fresh fish during these summer months. Service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicewish4betterexperienceDined on 8/24/2014Calamari lacked seasoning and crab cakes took forever to come out. Server went missing for a long period of time.
- Our waiter was fantasticFoodDivaDined on 8/21/2014I was a bit concerned about trying Clyde's on a Thursday, thinking it would be jammed packed and noisy. The host was wonderful and gave us a great table. It was not far from the bar, but not so close that noise was an issue. Our waiter was excellent! He was very attentive, accomodating and friendly. The food was really good. We split the baby back ribs dinner, since I wanted a little more than just an appetizer. It was just enough food (for two thin women) and a well-rounded meal. The green beans were cooked perfectly, not overcooked like some restaurants. I plan that as my "go to" meeting place for now on.Special Features:
- usually everything is greatcharlieDined on 8/20/2014off night for food, turkey burger (usually great) was mushy, french dip was shredded and had and odd taste and the salmon was bland and not seasoned properly. Khalila the server saved the day by being wonderful. the ambience there is always good and it was againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Pleasant Lunch or DinnerTomasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistency is what you get at Clyde's--good, quality food; great service; and very fair prices. You can't beat it. It's always enjoyable. The staff makes you feel comfortable. It's one of those places that makes you want to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent VisitLuLu98Dined on 8/19/2014We made an early dinner reservation ahead of a concert. Our table was ready on time. The place is usually bustling prior to a concert so make reservations several weeks ahead. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. We split the calamari which was lightly battered and fried just enough. My dining partner had the blue cheese burger which came prepared exactly as he asked. The burger was slightly pink and almost melt in your mouth. I had the seared albacore tuna which was also pretty much perfect. The restaurant has excellent beer and wine choices. Some wine is available in half bottles. The pricing for the meals and the wines was modest especially given it is in D.C. We enjoyed the experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, delicious dinnerbluejay83Dined on 8/19/2014My father and I went here before a concert at the Verizon Center. Although they were very busy, they got us in and out within an hour, knowing we had time constraints. The food was excellent and decently priced, especially the seafood!Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Took some visiting out-of town relatives here for lunch. Everyone had a different dish and no one was disappointed. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowhillgirlDined on 8/16/2014Very generous roasted vegetable sandwich. Good beer selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best alwaysTXscubagalDined on 8/15/2014The food, service, and ambiance from visit to visit are consistent. Everything is great. Most of all, the food prices are reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravensfan2Dined on 8/13/2014As always Clyde's, regardless of location, was excellent. Food and service was #1.Special Features:
- Service was not good. Food ok.FamOf5Dined on 8/11/2014Server apologized a lot for bad service. Dessert order was forgotten about. Steak wasn't tender. Fish portion was unusually small. Nachos were some warmed up chips with tomatoes dumped on, and a couple pieces of chicken. Specialty drinks had shavings of something like a fruit that was odd.Special Features:
- SUPER MealrichDined on 8/11/2014Great meal as always... fantastic service, great central locationSpecial Features:
- A fun place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014The location is great, which makes Clydes a good stop for dinner after a day visiting DC or before a night out in Gallery Place. The food was pretty good but not amazing, and the service was great aside from getting one entree order wrong. Cocktails were very sweet. Appetizers were great, and the ambience is cozy yet vibrant.Special Features:
- Great selectionBarbinDCDined on 8/7/2014There is something at Clyde's for everyone. That is what makes it so perfect when you done with several other people. I love their salads and the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Worst salad everRebeccaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Since the Cobb salad is no longer available, I ordered a Caesar salad with (fried) chicken tenders. The lettuce was warm and greasy. The whole salad tasted awful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Good food quality and selections Great service and friendly staff. A bit expensive but expected in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.