Clyde's of Columbia
10221 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (410) 730-2829
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Sunday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two semi-private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Billy Ireland 4107302829x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Columbia
Located on beautiful Lake Kittamaqundi in the heart of downtown Columbia, Clyde's has been serving lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday brunch, since 1975. With a seasonal American cuisine menu, diners can enjoy Wild Alaska Salmon in season, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, or a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger. Sunday brunch features favorites like French Toast, Eggs Maryland and Steak and Eggs. Serving a late-night menu, Clyde's is the place to go after a movie or a concert at nearby Merriweather Post. The Tomato Palace, our delightful Italian restaurant right next door, serves homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizza, and a variety of salads, sandwiches and Italian entrees.Continued
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Clyde's of Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Clyde's of Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (79)great for lunch (74)good for groups (60)great for brunch (51)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (29)romantic (27)notable wine list (23)late-night find (21)Show More
- Never a doubtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014As one of the first restaurants opened after Columbia was founded in the '60s, Clyde's has always set the standard for a fine meal and atmosphere. Overlooking a lake, wood paneled, uniformly dressed staff; welcoming but clubby. The signature crab cake served that day with a kale and creamy sauced base was as excellent as ever. A lamb sausage cavatelli pasta with goat-cheese sauce was brimming with warm flavors without being intense. The roasted Brussells sprout appetizer was also a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Went on last minute planning with family and friends for early birthday get together and it was great the food was good everyone enjoyed their meal and the service was excellent. We will definitely be returning...Our waitress even took a group picture for us she was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014There was a horrible draft near the windows, I had to leave my jacket on the entire time we were at dinner. I asked If we could move to a booth further from the window and the staff gave me an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6th anniversary dinnerMarkDined on 11/21/2014My fiancé and had our first date at Clyde's 6 years ago and decided to celebrate by going back there. It's not our usual dining spot as it's a pretty good drive for each of us, which is why we chose it for our first meeting. I had forgotten how nice it is. We ate in the "library", which has a wonderful atmosphere. The food is great with generous portions and prices are very reasonable. Service was courteous and prompt. As a nice bonus the management surprised us with a free desert with a candle. We wI'll definitely make this stop more often for dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineNdinemeVIPDined on 11/20/2014I was shocked that Clyde's served fruit that was wilted and old and a tail end of fish for an entre portion that was over cooked. Very disappointing!
- Always a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Comfortable Columbia restaurant. Menu offers a lot of options for different palettes. We sat in the library which was cozy. Server was attentive but not annoying. Reasonably priced. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We usually eat here when we are in town and have not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average serviceAPipeDined on 11/19/2014Our service was pretty poor today. Our server didn't greet us at all (water, hello, etc) until 5 minutes after we were seated. Two people in our party had iced teas and they were never refilled. One lunch came out incorrect and it was corrected within a few minutes. The service was extremely slow overall. The food itself was very nice - I think we all enjoyed the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtonDined on 11/18/2014My wife and I were at the original Clyde's opening in Georgetown fifty years ago. Since then, we have eaten at every Clyde's location. We particularly like Tower Oaks Lodge. Neither of us have ever had a bad or mediocre meal at any Clyde's or suffered any bad or mediocre service. It is a perfect place for a family gathering or a business luncheon.. Suggestion: You don't really need background music. In fact, rock music played at a high level diminishes the ambiance. Cheers, Burton Johnson President Burton A. Johnson Portfolio Management, Inc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/17/2014Very cold and rainy night, so the restaurant was quiet. Good food but we were disappointed that the Monday night 1/2 price bottle of wine program has been suspended. Food is fairly pricey and the wine deal made Mondays a fun nigh to go to Clyde's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatStarDined on 11/13/2014Great menu and atmosphere with friendly service and amazing views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clydes Remeins Very GoodRichieCDined on 11/13/2014Clydes is still one of my favorites in Columbia. Very good food with spectacular views and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsApolloDined on 11/8/2014Clyde's is always the best. The food, service, ambiance are always spot on! Glad to have it in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Girls' LunchPleasedCustomerDined on 11/2/2014Went to Clyde's to meet friends for lunch/brunch and were very pleased with the food, atmosphere, and service. All five of us were very pleased with our menu selections. We did not feel rushed at all to eat and vacate the table, as we find with some restaurants.Special Features:
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We visit Clyde's about once every 4 to 6 weeks. This visit was not up to standard. I had the meatloaf (which I have had previously) which while supposedly accompanied with gravy, and set over mashed potatoes, was exceedingly dry, with dry potatoes, and an almost dry congealed gravy on top. Spouse ordered the whole lobster. Server split it (the main body). Spouse did not like the green gooey innards, and the tail, yes the lobster tail was not there. Our server took it back and it was exchanged for the short ribs (which should have been already cooked). It took about 15 minutes, perhaps more for the short ribs to come out. By that time I was finished my meal. Overall, a disappointing experience,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for couples!DMattVIPDined on 10/24/2014We always have mixed feelings about Our experiences at Clydes. Our waiter was outstanding, as was our food. However, I feel couples are stuck in seating wherever they can fit. Often that means in a corner next to large groups. And all too often, lately, that means near small children. This restaurant offers great food and good wines and beers, with accompanying prices. We don't like spending a hundred dollars for a dining experience that involves other people's conversations, opinions or whining kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableeastcoasterDined on 10/24/2014attractive restaurant décor, good food, good view and good serviceSpecial Features:
- 15 Minutes, No Servergsw93Dined on 10/23/2014We've eaten at Clyde's several times before -- food and service have been good. Tonight, however, I guess we were misplaced. We had reservations, arrived on time, were seated by the hostess and then sat for 15 minutes without a peep. Servers were all over, but we were surrounded by a couple larger parties. Maybe our table's server was tied up or maybe he/she was weighing the relative size of their tip. Either way, we left and grabbed hot bar from Whole Foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rileyDined on 10/23/2014We had a group of 9 and the hostess placed us in an out of the wya spot so we culd all socialize freely. The waitress was extremely accomodating. She was able to bill separately for the alcohol as some members did not imbibe. Made for a great relaxing evening of cousins wh don't see each other enough!Special Features:
- A family traditionwineanddineDined on 10/21/2014We take our son and his family to Clyde's each October - lobster month - and we visit other times throughout the year as well. Good, fresh food, nice atmosphere, good service. They have some serious competition now at the Columbia location, with the presence of Petit Louis - sometimes we go there instead now.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousShopper20143VIPDined on 10/18/2014Clyde's is that type of place where you know you'll have an enjoyable evening whether dining with a group of friends of just the two of you. Their menu has selections for everyone's appetite, whether you want a full course meal or just sandwiches or burgers. Their Reuben sandwiches are enough for two meals (try it with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut) and burgers are amazing. Service is attentive without being intrusive. In the warmer weather, sit outside overlooking the lake in Columbia for added enjoyment. Usually we don't have room for dessert but if you do, they have the best chocolate mousse around and their sundaes are large enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions of tasty foodHungryDinerDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed the flavors in our meals, but were left hungry due to small portion size. They more than made up for that in the size of the dessert. I would have preferred a larger entree and a smaller dessert.Special Features:
- my favorite placePariseDined on 10/17/2014The best place for lunch with friends...even if better if you can get a table outside. The food and service are always good, never disappointing. Definately recommend Clyde's in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanting morewhatsfordinnerDined on 10/11/2014The flavor/texture was fine but it left me wanting more. The dessert menu extremely limited --I could not find one thing on the dessert menu that I liked our wanted.Special Features:
- Not as good as years past.GeorgiaPeachDined on 10/9/2014The food and service were disappointing. The lobster special, was very bland and tasteless, most likely overcooked. The filet bernaise, sauce was off tasting. We had problems getting the wait staff's attention, they were too busy talking amoung theirselves.Special Features:
- Nice TimeJCluveditDined on 10/5/2014My visit to Clyde's was a birthday celebration for my boyfriend. We ordered Lobster and the New York Strip Steak for dinner. They were delicious and the server was very attentive and knowledgeable. Our experience was wonderful. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014has always been great for dinner but the brunch was forgettable
- Not a good as I remember ...LuMoormanVIPDined on 10/4/2014Even though I was seated promptly the table service was slow and the food bland. I grew up in Columbia and had fond memories of dining at Clyde's, but it was a let down this time. I won't be returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodCaliTerpDined on 10/2/2014We went to dinner on the first night my family arrived from California for a very East Coast meal. Everybody loved the food. The cream of crab soup is to die for. We also split up a bunch of other appetizers, all of which were great. It was late on a Thursday night and not crowded, but the service was still very slow. The setting is great and we weren't in a rush so it didn't matter, but we had to ask for things a lot for people that were just walking by because our server wasn't very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtonDined on 10/1/2014Stuart Davidson, your founder, was a friend of my late sister-in-law, Barbara Remington. Consequently, my wife, Martha, and I were invited to the opening of his first Clyde's on M Street in Georgetown. I have been to every subsequent Clyde's on many occasions in intervening years, and I have never had a bad meal or experience. I would like to see your menu contain more vegetarian items. Best regards, Burton Johnson, MD,JD President Burton A. Johnson Portfolio Management, Inc. Sandy Spring, MDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FamilyReneDined on 9/28/2014We all had a good time, my son, my daughter-in-law, her son and his fiancee. Two of us enjoyed the lobster, and enjoyed the dinner very much. I liked especially the really tasty french fries. One had the crab cake and relished it. We all had dessert, three chocolate mousses, one chunky brownie, and one pecan bread pudding. The rest were delicious. The waiter was very proficient and helpful. The welcome from the reception was inviting and swift.Special Features:
- I like my Bennie hotColdDined on 9/28/2014Tho it didn't seem to be all that busy and we had a reservation, our party of six was asked to sit in a booth-but when we asked to be moved they did move us to a nice table. The biggest issue was service. And it wasn't a matter of our server being too busy as when we would ask another server to get him he would come along. The food would have been great if it was served promptly!Special Features:
- Terrible experience on 9/282014TomKEllicottCityDined on 9/28/2014Told Clyde's via Open Table that the 28th was my wife's birthday and Clyde's did nothing to acknowledge the date while, during brunch, the restaurant provided complimentary birthday cake to one of the party in the next booth. Initially seated at a booth with an obstructed view of the lake: we told the server that we wanted an unobstructed view--there were plenty of empty booths (maybe a telltale sign right there)--the server indicated that he would have to check. Eventually seated at an unobstructed lake-view booth, had to wait for water. The wait for our glasses of wine suggested that Clyde's placed an order to Napa just then. Food was mediocre at best and amazingly slow to arrive. Advice? Don't go --we won't be back for a long time.
- We met with friends, and had BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Sunday brunch outdoors was very nice. The waitress/barmaid was wonderful, and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still popular and funLainieVIPDined on 9/27/2014It turned out that we got pretty much what we hoped from our evening at Clyde's. We had nice weather for outdoor dining, we got a table pretty quickly by coming early, we had good meal choices, and we lucked out with music across from us on the adjacent deck. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions from the menu. Although it took a little longer than we hoped to get our food, all in all, we had a pretty nice dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I enjoyed my dinner experience so much that I took some out of town friends there Sunday for lunch. They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster was excellentdavieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Four of us had dinner after a movie. Three of us had the lobster special, and one had crab cake. All of us liked our food very much, and the service was also good. I will go back a few times before the end of October for the lobster. I wish that they still served baked potato because it goes so well with lobster. The only negative that I have is that the restaurant is very noisy.
- Overlooking Lake KittamaqundiHard2PleaseDined on 9/13/2014Nice setting. The server was knowledgeable on the menu, helpful on drinks and entree selections though not overly attentive. Had the crab soup, which was good, and Lobster Pot Pie. My only complaint is that it wasn't "Pot Pie" pot pie typically has a pastry crust, this had a mashed potato topping so it was more of a Shepard's pie. Other than the disappointment over the crust the filling was tasty. My spouse had NY Strip, which was good. The deserts were good, Creme Brulee and a Peach cobbler, as were the drinks. The bill for two was under $100. The tables are a bit close together so it felt like we were part of the first date of the couple in the table next to us and the noise level is a bit high. I like it better for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to shineDiningout2Dined on 9/11/2014I have been dining at Clyde's for probably 33 years since I began dating my husband . I love the renovations which did not change the local feel and kept things warm and welcoming. The menu continues to have favorites - mine is the crab cake and it was delicious as always. The staff worked hard to be attentive to our needs and requests. Although Clyde's is a chain it remains a Columbia institution.Special Features:
- First time and not disappointed!JustTrenaDined on 9/11/2014This was my first visit to Clyde's of Columbia and it did not disappoint at all. Our wait staff was knowledgeable on the food selection and her recommendation (crab cakes!) was on point. I would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Columbia Classic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our daughter was in town and she choose going to Clydes due to the memories. It is hard to leave up to memories but on a very busy Saturday night the Lobster special was terrific and so was the service. Such a great classic restaurant that keeps going strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.