Clyde's of Columbia
10221 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (410) 730-2829
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Sunday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two semi-private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Billy Ireland 4107302829x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Columbia
Located on beautiful Lake Kittamaqundi in the heart of downtown Columbia, Clyde's has been serving lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday brunch, since 1975. With a seasonal American cuisine menu, diners can enjoy Wild Alaska Salmon in season, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, or a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger. Sunday brunch features favorites like French Toast, Eggs Maryland and Steak and Eggs. Serving a late-night menu, Clyde's is the place to go after a movie or a concert at nearby Merriweather Post. The Tomato Palace, our delightful Italian restaurant right next door, serves homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizza, and a variety of salads, sandwiches and Italian entrees.Continued
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Clyde's of Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Clyde's of Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (80)great for lunch (76)good for groups (60)great for brunch (52)fit for foodies (51)special occasion (48)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (29)romantic (27)notable wine list (23)late-night find (21)Show More
- Like this Clyde'sbabyboomerfoodieDined on 8/1/2014I always enjoy dining at this Clyde's restaurant. The food is delicious; menu options are varied and include healthful choices. A scenic lake view adds pleasure and relaxation to the experience. I plan to return there multiple times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu findsdancermom1199Dined on 7/30/2014haven't been since the re opening. food offered was very good. mussels were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchinDCVIPDined on 7/30/2014Meat sandwiches were delicious, but the salmon was overcooked and the crabcake was only ok.
- The following 1369 reviews are from the Clyde's of Columbia reviews archive.
- Nice atmosphereExploringMDfoodsceneDined on 7/27/2014Food is reasonably priced. Menu is light but interesting. More a casual dining experience than an upscale restaurant . Service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014The view can't be beat for outdoor dining. The hostess was not very savvy. The server was also only mediocre. The food was not good. The cheese platter was overpriced for mediocre cheese, and the crostinis were not the raisin and walnut ones as advertised, but plain instead. The blackberry jam tasted like Smuckers. The hummus platter was also only mediocre. The wine and beer selection is good.Special Features:
- LunchPreTheaterDinersDined on 7/22/2014Had a recent lunch which was quite good. My guest had a good BLT sandwich and I had a salad. The bread I received with my salad was hard as a rock and could not be eaten. Other than that, things were fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday-Dinning experienceBigfredDined on 7/21/2014The fillet mignon was fabulous wile the stone chicken was bland and had no eye appeal. The twist top bottle of recommended merlot wasn't good either. Clyde's is no longer on the date night list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/21/2014Food is both healthy and edible. I like the way the restaurant incorporates healthy greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundayhifoodieDined on 7/20/2014Four of us came here before a concert and we got seated right away. All the booths were taken and you feel like your neighbors next to you can hear your conversation by the crazy seating with 2 people in chairs while the other on a window booth. But that seems to be away to get the most people seated in a small place i guess..Anyway we got drinks, small glasses for wine, had to ask for a glass for a beer but the mixed drinks were good. Apptz- crab dip and cheese plate good .. Chicken sandwich, steak salad and burger were also good. It was great looking out to the lake where we were seated. A little noisy but I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Eating on the Lakeairsgr8Dined on 7/20/2014The view was great and relaxing. Service was attentive. The food is OK. One of us had a good looking omelet, the other had eggs benedict on crab cakes. The plain white plates, too big for the portions made the food look unappetizing. No garnish, no bread offered. The blueberry buckle was delicious, as promised by the waitress.Special Features:
- SilverSpringMom34.SilverSpringMom34VIPDined on 7/18/2014The quality of the monthly special "Filet Mignon" was fair at best. The restaurant was very cold for a July evening with an 80 degree outside temperature. Couldn't wait for the meal to end and warm up outside.Special Features:
- Clyde's review in Columbia, MDluvfoodDined on 7/15/2014very disappointed. waited more than 10 minutes for our server. main course (salmon) is dry. did not get any follow thru or follow up on how's our food. worst part ... with the amount of $$ you spent, no special cake for a birthday person???Special Features:
- Great for lunchCaliforniadreamerDined on 7/14/2014The food is good if you can tolerate the slow, indifferent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewalwaysdiningoutDined on 7/13/2014This was our first visit to Clyde ' s. The food was great and the service was too. Our actual waiter could have moved a little quicker but the food itself was delivered quickly. I wouldn't recommend Clyde's for a romantic evening (we were celebrating our anniversary). The bar and the closeness of other diners did not create a mood of romance. However the view of the lake was romantic and a great site to take a romantic walk after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 5 oz filet minonpjonlyDined on 7/12/2014I loved the option of the petite filet. It was delicious with tarragon sauce and a delightful vegetable medley.Special Features:
- clydes- a greaeekendRaveDined on 7/11/2014Even with reservations we had a 40 min wait. The hostess told us outdoor was an hour wait, which at that point, we should have waited. She did tell the next person who asked with s similar sized party half the time, which was puzzling. Our server disappeared and was not the most engaging. However, the food, proximity to home and lakefront negated these annoyances. Now if the can only return the garlic knots to tomato palace we mught rdturn to these restaurants st out previous level.Special Features:
- Always a good timeJB88VIPDined on 7/11/2014Used open table to make a reservation and was very happy we did because there was a 1 1/2 hour wait for walk-ups. We had a great watermelon, prosciutto and burrata appetizer that was excellent. My wife had a crabcake and I had a hamburger. The food is always good and the service as normal was top notch. It's always a good time at Clydes.Special Features:
- Unusual Off NoteCakewalkVIPDined on 7/5/2014Clyde's Columbia is a go to restaurant. Good food, service, environment, etc. This last time though I ordered the Filet special. The steak and accompanying spinach and mashed potatoes were delivered to our table lukewarm at best. It tasted as if the Filet had been cooked several hours earlier, and then the kitchen did a poor job of reheating it.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, OK foodColumbiaDinerDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner on a Saturday evening. It was not overly busy but we had to wait a long time for our food. When it arrived, my steak was almost cold. It was a small filet mignon but it wasn't a very nice piece of meat. We were disappointed with our experience.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable family dinner.reamorDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I brought our daughter's family to dinner on the evening of July 5th, and had a very good meal. This was our first meal at this restaurant, and we were not disappointed. As we had a 3 week old baby, we did not try to eat outside but were seated in a perfect corner away from A/C and lots of movement. Our appetizers were the crab avocado dip and carnitas tacos (two, we cut into four halves so all could try them), which were a great way to start our meal. Their crusty bread was very good, both to eat and to consume the dip. Our group then had the brick chicken, the eggplant, and fish and chips -- all memorable.Special Features:
- New Brunch MenuBaltimoreSandTVIPDined on 7/5/2014Clyde's has done much better in the past. The new brunch menu relies more on lunch entrees rather than breakfast entrees. The single crab cake was small and with four mini-potato halves and a small bit of salad was the smallest portion of the four dishes we chose, but all of our party were still hungry after completing every bite of their entrees.
- 4th of July in Clyde'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014Great food! Awesome service! They even set us next to the window so we could watch the fire works. Will definetly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie612Dined on 7/4/2014We scheduled a party of 6 to watch fireworks. It was a good decision and the wait staff did a pretty good job accommodating the crowds. The view was not the greatest due to the large trees but we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Food tasty but prices inordinately high for common menu. Ambiance nice but waitress, forcibly kind, was a bit bothersome and made guests feel more like an imposition. Lost our appetite to stay for dessert. Remembered why we don't dine here often, despite the wonderful location. Pack a lakeside picnic instead.Special Features:
- great experienceFoodAngelDined on 6/28/2014Never heard of this place until ibrecieved a gift card. The crab cake was delicious. Will definitely dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!EricDined on 6/27/2014The calamari was overcooked, and the clams in the linguini & clams were overcooked and over seasoned making it barely edible. The service was also very spotty.
- Hosting unit needs better training.DinerDined on 6/27/2014First let me say the Alaskan wild salmon was exquisite in all aspects of food connoisseurship: taste, supporting vegetables, presentation, cooked-to-specifications, etc. However, we made reservations a week in advance of our wedding anniversary and requested a booth, but when we arrived (right on time) it was clear the hosting unit had not seen our special request and had already filled all the booths. As a consequence, we had to wait an additional 15 minutes for a booth to become available. Not a huge issue, but it does make one question why Clyde's allows for special requests if they are not reviewing them in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatAlwaysVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have frequented Clyde's from its beginning in Georgetown. Probably over 100 times. Never a disappointment and always a great place for businessSpecial Features:
- Terrible ServiceDenden252002Dined on 6/26/2014Service was slow, food wasn't hot enough, and server was non-attentive. In addition, the host tried to seat us at the very back of the restaurant directly next to the kitchen despite other booths were unattended. We were very disappointed in the overall service for a pricey establishment!!!Special Features:
- Clyde's Columbia, great for lunchBallet007VIPDined on 6/26/2014Clyde's in Columbia is a great place for lunch. There was lots of conviviality during the World Cup matches. The petit filet with Béarnaise was tender and tasty and filling enough to forego dinner. I often go to Clyde's in Chevy Chase and have never been disappointed. It is predictably good.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentUltracsicVIPDined on 6/23/2014You can count on consistently good food and service at Clydes. They are pros at the restaurant business. You are generally seated quickly ad offered a beverage, the they are quick with the food and service. Can't go wrong with the steaks, crab cakes and the many specialty items they pull together. The wine list is good and the view is better than average.Special Features:
- DisappointingECEaterDined on 6/21/2014I took family there for a nice meal. The waiter forgot to bring one of our party's soup. The salad was supposed to have fried pita chips on it. One of the pita chips was actually a French fry. I was very disappointed. I'll think twice before going back.
- SuperKathyDined on 6/21/2014We are 'regulars' at Clyde's. We love that the menu changes frequently to take advantage of seasonal and local produce. The monthly specials are always superbly done and yet a real bargain. This month's Alaska salmon is no exception -- and the brunch 'pita wrap' is sooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try thier swordfish.GaryDined on 6/20/2014Swordfish was amazing. Like holy hell, what was that lemon orzo made with? It had a sweet lemon desert taste that finished savory, so amazing. Service staff was friendly but not engaging, as if they were working under up tight management. Dessert was a brownie sundae that was too rich for two people to eat, but my god was it awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Meets SpecialMONKDined on 6/18/2014One of the first we ever went to after moving here was Clydes, so the reservation was made for our 48th Anniversary Dinner. We never expected how "Special" the treatment, food and service were going to be. We were greeted with, "Oh, the Anniversary Couple", escorted to a booth with a waterview (my request on OpenTable). Levy, was the most outstanding waitress we have had in many years. From our Champagne Toast, a remarkable suggestion from her (due to an allergy),bringing our other drinks without delay and checking on us periodically, Right down to the Vanilla Cheesecake with Berries ,that we shared......everything was Perfect. Clydes is Number One in our book and will always have a "Special" place in our hearts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed My TimeNilleDined on 6/17/2014I've been to Clyde's twice and each time I had a wonderful time. Their crab dip is absolutely amazing and the crab cakes are superb. My husband was impressed with the food and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementLynnDined on 6/15/2014Six of us went to dinner at Clyde's for Father's day. There were many available tables so it definitely wasn't packed. The food was good but the service was pretty bad. We ordered 3 appetizers and 2 were delivered to our table. We had to remind them of the other one. I asked for a second glass of wine, which never arrived. The waitress never checked on us after the food was delivered and then we had to wait a very long time for our check. The food was fine and presented well but the service really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy PlaceGreenDolphinDined on 6/15/2014Clyde's has a great menu, with some "haute couture" items and some everyday items, including a good variety of sandwiches. Seven of us were seated in the "library," which is quieter than the rest of the dining area. Some in our group had various sandwiches or hamburgers; others had salad. I had the spring chicken putanesca, which was delicious. Everyone was happy with their food. Although it took almost 20 minutes after we were seated for a waiter to arrive, we had learned earlier that they were short staffed. Once the waiter came and we explained that we had theater tickets for a 7pm show in Baltimore, he was very prompt in taking our orders, and food was brought out in plenty of time for us to eat and then get on our way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Again!DisappointedDined on 6/15/2014It was Father's Day and as expected, the restaurant was crowded. Overflowing with people waiting, dirty tables abound, service very slow and an even slower wait staff. Great location, great view and the added bonus of a outdoor festival but I'll skip Clyde's next time.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchoceanviewDined on 6/15/2014The food was excellent and we had a quiet table so we were able to have a nice conversation. Will certainly go back.Special Features: