Clyde's of Columbia
10221 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (410) 730-2829
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Sunday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two semi-private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Billy Ireland 4107302829x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Columbia
Located on beautiful Lake Kittamaqundi in the heart of downtown Columbia, Clyde's has been serving lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday brunch, since 1975. With a seasonal American cuisine menu, diners can enjoy Wild Alaska Salmon in season, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, or a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger. Sunday brunch features favorites like French Toast, Eggs Maryland and Steak and Eggs. Serving a late-night menu, Clyde's is the place to go after a movie or a concert at nearby Merriweather Post. The Tomato Palace, our delightful Italian restaurant right next door, serves homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizza, and a variety of salads, sandwiches and Italian entrees.Continued
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Clyde's of Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Clyde's of Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (79)great for lunch (74)good for groups (60)great for brunch (51)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (29)romantic (27)notable wine list (23)late-night find (21)Show More
- JBARTJBARTDined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable meal. Sept. & Oct. are lobster months making it a favorite of mine. I ordered two thinking they would serve one at a time to keep each one hot. Guess I should have been more explicit. But both lobsters were very good. My wife enjoyed her meal as well. And the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KANDB44KANDB44Dined on 9/6/2014We always love to visit Clyde's after a movie. We can have a cocktail and lite dinner and discuss our movie. It is fun and even a bit romantic. The wait staff is always friendly. Good to make a reservation... It is a popular spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's Never Disappoints!10gammaDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed a mid-afternoon lunch at Clyde's this past Saturday and, as always, it never fails to deliver great food & fine service! The decor and lake view are great for any romantic occasion, parking is free, and the prices are reasonable. I am a frequent patron, and I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Clydes closed and reopenedJawseyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Since the reopening I have found the food not the same quality! It is also more expensive and we left hungry. We had a simple lunch which cost more than some dinners I have which include wine. Very disappointed. Will not come back. Too bad, because Clydes in Columbia was a favorite of mine. Good locale and nice to eat outdoors, weather permitting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Clyde's was good as usual. But the service exceptional. The best we have ever had at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Clyde's Carries OnBobbyODined on 9/5/2014Clyde's has been a steady fixture in lakefront Columbia for many years and has managed to stay current and relevant. From the excellent reservation system to the food and drink it serves, Clyde's continues to be one of Columbia's gems.Special Features:
- Not greatfoodsnobDined on 9/4/2014It was disappointing. Menu was mediocre, food was underwhelming, and unfortunately, we were the test run for a waiter in training. Had to ask them to speed it up.Special Features:
- Good lobsterdavieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I went there because of the September special being whole lobster. it was excellent. I wanted a baked potato with it, but the waiter said Clyde's no longer serves them; instead, I had mashed potatoes which were good, but not as good as a baked one.
- Pleasant Atmosphere, Food OkayLeslieavaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Lunch at Clyde's was nice because weather was conducive to sitting outside, overlooking a lovely lake and interesting public art. The food was okay for the price, but not great. The service was outstanding, though the restaurant had little business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues its traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014Delivers what you expect in a non-fussy, solid manner. Very good food, very good service, very nice location (for a downtown Columbia site). Two different dining rooms, one more quiet than the other, are good for groups or conversation. The renovation was welcome, but hasn't changed the feel of the original.Special Features:
- good, needs another chancehprplxVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful atmosphere and neighborhood. Menu seems slightly limited and some dishes were over seasoned, but still tasty. Good beer list. Our waitress was not good, only coming to the table once all meal, stood at the server station idly for long durations seemingly doing nothing and was only swift when returning my card after I paid. Will still return to try other dishes, want to bring my son since it seems a great family destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousShopper20143VIPDined on 8/30/2014We always love going to Clyde's because of its lively atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious food whether we opt for a full meal, light fare, or sandwiches. This time we sat in the upper bar area and, while it was a bit loud, it was also fun. This evening we all opted for sandwiches and burgers - two of us had the Reuben with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut and two had burgers which were cooked to perfection. Our server was very attentive and pleasant without being intrusive. We would recommend Clyde's to anyone looking for good food and a fun evening without 'breaking the bank'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCliffDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 43rd anniversary and were completely delighted with the food, the service, everything. Kudos to the kitchen for preparing everything perfectly. The salmon and crab cake were beyond our expectations. Also, to the wait staff, for friendliness, courtesy, and promptness. We hadn't been to Clydes in over a year. We will be back much, much sooner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bread...huh?GeGiDined on 8/30/2014Lovely restaurant but a little pricey for what is offered.Special Features:
- Mixed revieweileenreviews1Dined on 8/29/20143 of us for dinner. Our reservation got us seated on time.Wine list had reasonably priced by the glass. 2 of us shared excellent fresh salad plated separately. One had a very good crab cake but the potato and corn side skimpy. Bread was good but only 4 slices for 3 people. We had to ask 2x for more bread and were informed it was in the oven. When the bread finally arrived it was cold. One had the fish & chips and said it was very good. One had the pork dish and it was perfectly cooked. Desserts were traditional favorites,coffee was good. The ambience spoiled by 2 screaming babies.We made a reservation after 7 pm.to avoid that.We have been coming to Clyde's since it opened;love the decor,location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and ComfortablelobsterloverVIPDined on 8/26/2014Clyde's is consistent and has good "American " food. Nothing fancy, just good burgers, steaks, lobster and a some fish dishes. The Clyde's in Columbia was recently remodeled and is a comfortable place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Consistency is a plus. You can usually expect good food, served efficiently at reasonable pricing at Clyde's. That is why we come back time and time again. This time for me? Down hone food....Meat Loaf....excellent. Spouse had soft shell crabs....delicious.Special Features:
- SeatingDiningtreatDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our food and the service was good. We were disappointed in our seating which was in the "Library" in a corner. The tables were very close and when a group sat at the table next to us it was impossible to have a conversation plus I was seated on the bench along the wall and when getting up to leave it was difficult as the tables were so close.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I took my husband to Clyde's for his birthday and we were rather disappointed. The service was slow even though it wasn't that busy. When the server was there she was attentive but we didn't see much of her throughout the course of the meal. We thought the entree choices were nice except the sides that they were grouped with were odd. My daughter ordered a caesar salad and it came as a bowl of lettuce. My husband's fish and chips had a piece of fish that wasn't cooked through. My filet was good - that was the only bright spot. To say the least we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualColumbiaLocalsDined on 8/20/2014We are long time patrons of Clyde's and usually have a wonderful experience. However we were disappointed this time with the service and potion size of dishes we selected. For example, we ordered the single lump crab cake entrée. The dish came with small crab cake over a small amount of corn and one small potato cut in quarters. When the dish arrived others at our table commented on that the dish looked like a appetizer rather than a entrée for $17.95. In addition, although the restaurant wasn't busy, our waiter was very slow and not attentive. We considered ordering dessert that evening ,but decided against it because of wait. It took almost 25 minutes to get our check...Special Features:
- Food and Drinksme2uDined on 8/20/2014Inconsistent; I have been here when the food is good and then not so good. My overall opinion is the portions are small and overpriced for the quality. Small wine and beer pours also. Good for dates especially if you can eat outside.Special Features:
- enjoyable lunch sitting by the lakechocoVIPDined on 8/19/2014What a pleasant experience sitting outside eating yummy burgers and finishing lunch with chocolate mousseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as everRavensfan2Dined on 8/17/2014Clyde's is always a good experience from the viewpoint of service and quality of the food. Only thing I would do different on our last viist would be to have the server ask how we wanted the salmon cooked (medium, well, etc). Calamari was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentsilverfoxDined on 8/17/2014Late Sunday brunch with friends. My friend reminded me that the last time we tried Clyde's, the hollandaise sauce on the eggs benedict was pathetic, so I scrapped the brunch and tried one of their specialties that I started ordering back in the 1970's, petit filet bernaise, on a toasted English muffin with sautéed bean sprouts. Well, I guess they were out of bean sprouts and they put it on a bed of soggy spinach. They acted like I had two heads when I mentioned that one of the features I was looking for were the bean sprouts. But I gave it a shot, despite two pathetic looking mini cuts of filet and bernaise that was mostly water. The meat was ridiculously tough and overcooked, They should have been embarrassed to serve it.
- Very Nice Dining Experience, but...10gammaDined on 8/16/2014I have been to Clyde's on several occasions, and although I order varied entrees on different visits, I do always order the fried calamari as an appetizer, and I was disappointed and dismayed that they evidently no longer offer the excellent Thai sweet & sour sauce as a condiment. That was the only thing that lowered my rating of the dining experience down to a "4", and I REALLY hope that the supposed "new" management wisely returns the popular sauce as an option. The calamari is just not the same without out it, and my overall dining experience there is just not the same without the calamari appetizer!Special Features:
- BrunchFellsFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The french toast was great! The "Three Little Pigs" was OK, but could have been much better. Attentive service during the first seating for brunch. The restaurant indoors was quiet because the outside seating was packed! (Beautiful Saturday morning in Columbia). Great view. Great ambience inside and outside the restaurant. Great set-up for Clyde's. We will go back to try the dinner menu and bar scene.Special Features:
- Food UnremarkableBigkitty813Dined on 8/15/2014Great location and view. Food not so much. Menu was average. Options outside of burgers were blah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRRR.RRRRVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service was excellent, ask for Tammy. The food has gotten even better with the new chief. I have the rockfish special with the corn milk sauce. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchNJFrDined on 8/10/2014Lots of choices of great entrees. Attentive wait staff. Perfect for a relaxing Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Busy busy.AuntieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Had a reservation, but opted for the bar inside instead. Saturday night was hopping. They had outdoor seating, right by the free concert on the lake, but the wait was very long for an outside table since no one was leaving! Hubby had carnitas tacos and brick chicken - very yummy! I had onion soup and fish and chips. The soup was overloaded with bread, and fish in the main course was soggy. I would go back for my hubby's choices. Bartender Was outstanding (Pookie, you know who you are!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We 5 minutes before out confirmed reservation time, only to have to wait 15 minutes for them to "check us in and reset out table". Our server took about 10 minutes to acknowledge us, and although he brought out drinks rather quickly, this was the only bright spot of out dealings with him. We ordered an Appitizer and out dinners at the same time, as we had ample time to preview the menu while looking for our server. The table next to us was sat about the same time we were and received great service, as they seemed to be friends of the GM. Out bread came out and was very good but come in really...1 slice of bread cut in 1/2?? Then we got our dinners shortly after. Oh our appetizers you ask? Yeah they never came. HORRIBLE WILL NOT RETURN!!Special Features:
- Fish and Chipstry2eatagainDined on 8/8/2014I ordered caesar salad but it took 15 min for the waitress to return and tell me there was no romaine lettuce. I re-ordered one of my favorites elsewhere, fish and chips. That order took another 15 minutes but it was obviously rushed because I sent it back since it was not fully cooked. The large portion order finally arrived but I was disappointed in the flavor of the fish or the batter, not sure which so only ate a quarter of the serving. My friend loved the brick chicken. Clyde's did offer me a free dessert. WE ate outside and I would have preferred softer music for talking but we were probably just too close to the speaker. The manager was attentive and the waitress pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/5/2014We were very disappointed with our Clydes party of 6 dinner... For a party of 6, we all left with the same impression - disappointed and all agreeing we would not make that mistake again. Drinks ordered never came, single crab cake was a 'small plate' version - four wedges of a tiny new potato was the garnish to a small bed of corn relish, we literally left hungry. A burger order wasn't served with the bacon requested. To refill our water glasses, we had to go retrieve a water pitcher from the bar and serve ourselves. Other tables around us looked equally upset. The waitress admitted they were short staffed. Once our order was taken she was not seen again until the check was brought. We spent over $200 for a disappointing meal.
- JoseDined on 8/3/2014Good food, good atmosphereGood food, good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's/columbiaPJPJDined on 8/3/2014We have a great dinner at Clydes of Columbia to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We had table looking out onto the lack with subtle background music and quiet surroundings. Our waiter was exquisite. He was able to describe the various dinners we were considering in precise details. He was attentive to all our needs and directed us to some delicious desserts. Upon leaving the restaurant we couldn't think of anything that could have gone better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's ColumbiaEatingout1Dined on 8/2/2014Both of us had to send our food back it was so horrible. One waiter was extremely rude and the service time was VERY SLOW. The manager was the only nice part of the evening & he apologized.Special Features:
- First DateDirectorofDiningDined on 8/2/2014Great place at the lake in Columbia for a first date. Wish the menu was had just a few more choices - maybe with a local spin. Their outdoor dining and bar area are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!FoodBossDined on 8/2/2014We were seated in the back room. Very beautiful room with nice ambiance. However, there are way too many tables squished in together. Felt like there was about a foot of space between tables. Thankfully, we were not seated next to any loud or obnoxious people as we could hear every word that was said on either side. We had a 6:45 reservation. Only ordered entrees yet our food did not arrive at our table until almost 8 and that was because we had to ask our server where it was. When it finally came there was no acknowledgement of the time. The crab cake was tasteless, the steak average. Not going back!
- perfect!KANDB44Dined on 8/2/2014After a great movie, we headed over to Clydes. We had made our reservation through opentable just moments before leaving for the movie. When we arrived at the restaurant, (about 5 minutes late due to traffic), our table was ready for us. We enjoyed every minute!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014we hadn't been to Clyde's Columbia for quite a while so were glad to be back. we decided to eat inside but asked for the room w/a view of the lake and pavilion and were accommodated. we met another couple and enjoyed our dinners and our time together at the restaurant. we remembered that it's pretty loud in the restaurant on the barside but found the pavilion side was not as noisy. so all in all we were pleased with our meals, the wine we chose and the service and will likely be back : )Special Features: