Clyde's of Columbia
10221 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 4107302829x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Sunday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two semi-private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kraft or Billy Ireland 4107302829x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Columbia
Located on beautiful Lake Kittamaqundi in the heart of downtown Columbia, Clyde's has been serving lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday brunch, since 1975. With a seasonal American cuisine menu, diners can enjoy Wild Alaska Salmon in season, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, or a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger. Sunday brunch features favorites like French Toast, Eggs Maryland and Steak and Eggs. Serving a late-night menu, Clyde's is the place to go after a movie or a concert at nearby Merriweather Post. The Tomato Palace, our delightful Italian restaurant right next door, serves homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizza, and a variety of salads, sandwiches and Italian entrees.Continued
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Clyde's of Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Clyde's of Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)great for outdoor dining (91)neighborhood gem (84)great for lunch (68)good for groups (58)vibrant bar scene (49)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (45)great for brunch (41)romantic (27)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (21)late-night find (18)notable wine list (16)Show More
- A family traditionwineanddineDined on 10/21/2014We take our son and his family to Clyde's each October - lobster month - and we visit other times throughout the year as well. Good, fresh food, nice atmosphere, good service. They have some serious competition now at the Columbia location, with the presence of Petit Louis - sometimes we go there instead now.Special Features:
- Small portions of tasty foodHungryDinerDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed the flavors in our meals, but were left hungry due to small portion size. They more than made up for that in the size of the dessert. I would have preferred a larger entree and a smaller dessert.Special Features:
- my favorite placePariseDined on 10/17/2014The best place for lunch with friends...even if better if you can get a table outside. The food and service are always good, never disappointing. Definately recommend Clyde's in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanting morewhatsfordinnerDined on 10/11/2014The flavor/texture was fine but it left me wanting more. The dessert menu extremely limited --I could not find one thing on the dessert menu that I liked our wanted.Special Features:
- Not as good as years past.GeorgiaPeachDined on 10/9/2014The food and service were disappointing. The lobster special, was very bland and tasteless, most likely overcooked. The filet bernaise, sauce was off tasting. We had problems getting the wait staff's attention, they were too busy talking amoung theirselves.Special Features:
- Nice TimeJCluveditDined on 10/5/2014My visit to Clyde's was a birthday celebration for my boyfriend. We ordered Lobster and the New York Strip Steak for dinner. They were delicious and the server was very attentive and knowledgeable. Our experience was wonderful. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014has always been great for dinner but the brunch was forgettable
- Not a good as I remember ...LuMoormanVIPDined on 10/4/2014Even though I was seated promptly the table service was slow and the food bland. I grew up in Columbia and had fond memories of dining at Clyde's, but it was a let down this time. I won't be returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodCaliTerpDined on 10/2/2014We went to dinner on the first night my family arrived from California for a very East Coast meal. Everybody loved the food. The cream of crab soup is to die for. We also split up a bunch of other appetizers, all of which were great. It was late on a Thursday night and not crowded, but the service was still very slow. The setting is great and we weren't in a rush so it didn't matter, but we had to ask for things a lot for people that were just walking by because our server wasn't very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtonDined on 10/1/2014Stuart Davidson, your founder, was a friend of my late sister-in-law, Barbara Remington. Consequently, my wife, Martha, and I were invited to the opening of his first Clyde's on M Street in Georgetown. I have been to every subsequent Clyde's on many occasions in intervening years, and I have never had a bad meal or experience. I would like to see your menu contain more vegetarian items. Best regards, Burton Johnson, MD,JD President Burton A. Johnson Portfolio Management, Inc. Sandy Spring, MDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FamilyReneDined on 9/28/2014We all had a good time, my son, my daughter-in-law, her son and his fiancee. Two of us enjoyed the lobster, and enjoyed the dinner very much. I liked especially the really tasty french fries. One had the crab cake and relished it. We all had dessert, three chocolate mousses, one chunky brownie, and one pecan bread pudding. The rest were delicious. The waiter was very proficient and helpful. The welcome from the reception was inviting and swift.Special Features:
- I like my Bennie hotColdDined on 9/28/2014Tho it didn't seem to be all that busy and we had a reservation, our party of six was asked to sit in a booth-but when we asked to be moved they did move us to a nice table. The biggest issue was service. And it wasn't a matter of our server being too busy as when we would ask another server to get him he would come along. The food would have been great if it was served promptly!Special Features:
- Terrible experience on 9/282014TomKEllicottCityDined on 9/28/2014Told Clyde's via Open Table that the 28th was my wife's birthday and Clyde's did nothing to acknowledge the date while, during brunch, the restaurant provided complimentary birthday cake to one of the party in the next booth. Initially seated at a booth with an obstructed view of the lake: we told the server that we wanted an unobstructed view--there were plenty of empty booths (maybe a telltale sign right there)--the server indicated that he would have to check. Eventually seated at an unobstructed lake-view booth, had to wait for water. The wait for our glasses of wine suggested that Clyde's placed an order to Napa just then. Food was mediocre at best and amazingly slow to arrive. Advice? Don't go --we won't be back for a long time.
- We met with friends, and had BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Sunday brunch outdoors was very nice. The waitress/barmaid was wonderful, and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still popular and funLainieVIPDined on 9/27/2014It turned out that we got pretty much what we hoped from our evening at Clyde's. We had nice weather for outdoor dining, we got a table pretty quickly by coming early, we had good meal choices, and we lucked out with music across from us on the adjacent deck. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions from the menu. Although it took a little longer than we hoped to get our food, all in all, we had a pretty nice dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I enjoyed my dinner experience so much that I took some out of town friends there Sunday for lunch. They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster was excellentdavieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Four of us had dinner after a movie. Three of us had the lobster special, and one had crab cake. All of us liked our food very much, and the service was also good. I will go back a few times before the end of October for the lobster. I wish that they still served baked potato because it goes so well with lobster. The only negative that I have is that the restaurant is very noisy.
- Overlooking Lake KittamaqundiHard2PleaseDined on 9/13/2014Nice setting. The server was knowledgeable on the menu, helpful on drinks and entree selections though not overly attentive. Had the crab soup, which was good, and Lobster Pot Pie. My only complaint is that it wasn't "Pot Pie" pot pie typically has a pastry crust, this had a mashed potato topping so it was more of a Shepard's pie. Other than the disappointment over the crust the filling was tasty. My spouse had NY Strip, which was good. The deserts were good, Creme Brulee and a Peach cobbler, as were the drinks. The bill for two was under $100. The tables are a bit close together so it felt like we were part of the first date of the couple in the table next to us and the noise level is a bit high. I like it better for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to shineDiningout2Dined on 9/11/2014I have been dining at Clyde's for probably 33 years since I began dating my husband . I love the renovations which did not change the local feel and kept things warm and welcoming. The menu continues to have favorites - mine is the crab cake and it was delicious as always. The staff worked hard to be attentive to our needs and requests. Although Clyde's is a chain it remains a Columbia institution.Special Features:
- First time and not disappointed!JustTrenaDined on 9/11/2014This was my first visit to Clyde's of Columbia and it did not disappoint at all. Our wait staff was knowledgeable on the food selection and her recommendation (crab cakes!) was on point. I would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Columbia Classic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our daughter was in town and she choose going to Clydes due to the memories. It is hard to leave up to memories but on a very busy Saturday night the Lobster special was terrific and so was the service. Such a great classic restaurant that keeps going strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBARTJBARTDined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable meal. Sept. & Oct. are lobster months making it a favorite of mine. I ordered two thinking they would serve one at a time to keep each one hot. Guess I should have been more explicit. But both lobsters were very good. My wife enjoyed her meal as well. And the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KANDB44KANDB44Dined on 9/6/2014We always love to visit Clyde's after a movie. We can have a cocktail and lite dinner and discuss our movie. It is fun and even a bit romantic. The wait staff is always friendly. Good to make a reservation... It is a popular spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's Never Disappoints!10gammaDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed a mid-afternoon lunch at Clyde's this past Saturday and, as always, it never fails to deliver great food & fine service! The decor and lake view are great for any romantic occasion, parking is free, and the prices are reasonable. I am a frequent patron, and I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Clydes closed and reopenedJawseyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Since the reopening I have found the food not the same quality! It is also more expensive and we left hungry. We had a simple lunch which cost more than some dinners I have which include wine. Very disappointed. Will not come back. Too bad, because Clydes in Columbia was a favorite of mine. Good locale and nice to eat outdoors, weather permitting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Clyde's was good as usual. But the service exceptional. The best we have ever had at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Clyde's Carries OnBobbyODined on 9/5/2014Clyde's has been a steady fixture in lakefront Columbia for many years and has managed to stay current and relevant. From the excellent reservation system to the food and drink it serves, Clyde's continues to be one of Columbia's gems.Special Features:
- Not greatfoodsnobDined on 9/4/2014It was disappointing. Menu was mediocre, food was underwhelming, and unfortunately, we were the test run for a waiter in training. Had to ask them to speed it up.Special Features:
- Good lobsterdavieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I went there because of the September special being whole lobster. it was excellent. I wanted a baked potato with it, but the waiter said Clyde's no longer serves them; instead, I had mashed potatoes which were good, but not as good as a baked one.
- Pleasant Atmosphere, Food OkayLeslieavaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Lunch at Clyde's was nice because weather was conducive to sitting outside, overlooking a lovely lake and interesting public art. The food was okay for the price, but not great. The service was outstanding, though the restaurant had little business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues its traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014Delivers what you expect in a non-fussy, solid manner. Very good food, very good service, very nice location (for a downtown Columbia site). Two different dining rooms, one more quiet than the other, are good for groups or conversation. The renovation was welcome, but hasn't changed the feel of the original.Special Features:
- good, needs another chancehprplxVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful atmosphere and neighborhood. Menu seems slightly limited and some dishes were over seasoned, but still tasty. Good beer list. Our waitress was not good, only coming to the table once all meal, stood at the server station idly for long durations seemingly doing nothing and was only swift when returning my card after I paid. Will still return to try other dishes, want to bring my son since it seems a great family destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousShopper20143VIPDined on 8/30/2014We always love going to Clyde's because of its lively atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious food whether we opt for a full meal, light fare, or sandwiches. This time we sat in the upper bar area and, while it was a bit loud, it was also fun. This evening we all opted for sandwiches and burgers - two of us had the Reuben with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut and two had burgers which were cooked to perfection. Our server was very attentive and pleasant without being intrusive. We would recommend Clyde's to anyone looking for good food and a fun evening without 'breaking the bank'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCliffDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 43rd anniversary and were completely delighted with the food, the service, everything. Kudos to the kitchen for preparing everything perfectly. The salmon and crab cake were beyond our expectations. Also, to the wait staff, for friendliness, courtesy, and promptness. We hadn't been to Clydes in over a year. We will be back much, much sooner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bread...huh?GeGiDined on 8/30/2014Lovely restaurant but a little pricey for what is offered.Special Features:
- Mixed revieweileenreviews1Dined on 8/29/20143 of us for dinner. Our reservation got us seated on time.Wine list had reasonably priced by the glass. 2 of us shared excellent fresh salad plated separately. One had a very good crab cake but the potato and corn side skimpy. Bread was good but only 4 slices for 3 people. We had to ask 2x for more bread and were informed it was in the oven. When the bread finally arrived it was cold. One had the fish & chips and said it was very good. One had the pork dish and it was perfectly cooked. Desserts were traditional favorites,coffee was good. The ambience spoiled by 2 screaming babies.We made a reservation after 7 pm.to avoid that.We have been coming to Clyde's since it opened;love the decor,location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and ComfortablelobsterloverVIPDined on 8/26/2014Clyde's is consistent and has good "American " food. Nothing fancy, just good burgers, steaks, lobster and a some fish dishes. The Clyde's in Columbia was recently remodeled and is a comfortable place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Consistency is a plus. You can usually expect good food, served efficiently at reasonable pricing at Clyde's. That is why we come back time and time again. This time for me? Down hone food....Meat Loaf....excellent. Spouse had soft shell crabs....delicious.Special Features:
- SeatingDiningtreatDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our food and the service was good. We were disappointed in our seating which was in the "Library" in a corner. The tables were very close and when a group sat at the table next to us it was impossible to have a conversation plus I was seated on the bench along the wall and when getting up to leave it was difficult as the tables were so close.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I took my husband to Clyde's for his birthday and we were rather disappointed. The service was slow even though it wasn't that busy. When the server was there she was attentive but we didn't see much of her throughout the course of the meal. We thought the entree choices were nice except the sides that they were grouped with were odd. My daughter ordered a caesar salad and it came as a bowl of lettuce. My husband's fish and chips had a piece of fish that wasn't cooked through. My filet was good - that was the only bright spot. To say the least we were disappointed.Special Features: