Clyde's of Chevy Chase
5441 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Chevy Chase
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 3019519600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM; Sunday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM; Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:30PM; Late Night Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00PM - 12:30; Friday - Saturday: 10:30PM - 1:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Derrick Jackson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: N/A
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private cocktail reception space is available in The Race Bar. Limited availability for semi-private sit down dining.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Balfour or Any Manager 3019519600x
- Entertainment: Soundstage with live entertainment from 9pm on Friday & Saturday nights in The Race Bar, and on Thursday evenings from 7-10pm.
Tuesday Night Trivia, Every Tuesday 7:00pm - 9:30pm
- Special Events: Free live music in the Race Bar area on Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm - 1 am, and Thursday nights from 7-10pm.
A word from Clyde's of Chevy Chase
Situated in the heart of the upscale Chevy Chase shopping district, the decor of this two-level restaurant celebrates the golden age of travel with steamships, planes, and the famed Orient Express rail line. Chef Derrick Jackson uses flavorful, fresh ingredients to prepare American-style cuisine in the Travel Rooms on the main level, or in the casual atmosphere of the downstairs Race Bar and Dining Room. Bar on main level, and a new outside bar and dining area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Clyde's of Chevy Chase - Best Restaurants in Friendship Heights ›
Clyde's of Chevy Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (119)neighborhood gem (106)great for brunch (90)good for groups (74)kid-friendly (69)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (34)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (19)hot spot (13)notable wine list (9)scenic view (7)romantic (6)Show More
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Lots of things to see such as ship models for the ones that went down, model air planes, a train that runs around the entire room on an elevated track. Kids will love it. Manager was great as was our server.
- We love Clyde's of Chevy ChaseBarbDined on 8/18/2014We have visited Clyde's many times, particularly for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. We are happy that when they refurbished the restaurant they kept the some type of decor. We love the little train that circulates, although she's getting old and doesn't come around as often as she used to.Special Features:
- Excellent in all categoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Menu is diverse, wine list varied, food is delivered in good time and appropriate temperature. I recommend Clyde's to all my foodie friends who want good food at reasonable prices. Service is courteous, helpful and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Lunch ExperiencemelviniusDined on 8/17/2014Our party of four were seated quickly and conveniently in a booth in a relatively quiet part of the restaurant. Regrettably, one of the booth sides was very tight; however, we enjoyed the meal -- two of us had huevos rancheros that were very tasty and well presented. The other two chose the Southwestern chicken sandwich and a typical egg-sausage-pancake platter and were also very satisfied. Clyde's is a nice and convenient place for a get-together, the food is very good, and parking is a minor problem, if at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWJF50Dined on 8/12/2014Had a great business lunch there last week. Food and service were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdieDined on 8/11/2014I am never disappointed in my service of the food a Clydes. Eat there often as it is in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Always goodauntannieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We always enjoy eating at Clyde's because the food is good, it is a good value, and the service is excellent. It you like calves liver, as many people in my family do, it is excellent. This time I had North Carolina Shrimp, which was good, except the fried green tomatoes were over breaded. The tart was great, but the desserts can be hit or miss.Special Features:
- Rare slip upsPrindineVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very friendly and prompt service. Steak was good. However waitress brought 1 wrong drink and described crab cake entree as having relish in a separate side dish, when crab cake came on top of it. She may have been distracted by disruptive, apparently homeless person sitting at adjacent table. Also crab cake seemed smaller than in the past, not jumbo as described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary Surprise!MarleyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Clyde's is always consistently good but on this visit, I had the ravioli with tomatoes and zucchini and it was superb!
- Bad surveyFoodie2goDined on 8/8/2014While I liked Clyde's , I found the choices on the survey annoying and inaccurate. How about noisy rather than energetic? And the choices in the ratings sections are so skewed that they have to be unreliable. The outcome is predetermined and I object to not giving my real assessment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent ResturantMikeDined on 8/7/2014Great and tasty food with good varieties. Excellent location in the heart of BethesdaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Always a good meal. A wide variety to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SachyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Worst experience we have ever had at Clyde's of Chevy Chase. Took 1 hour from time we placed order until it was delivered -- and two of the three orders were wrong when delivered. They ran out of smoked salmon for the eggs benedic -- but the server didn't know that -- finally came back to table after 15 minutes and said no smoked salmon. If they ran out, would think the servers would know.
- Great service and excellent meal!LennDined on 8/2/2014The Chevy Chase Clyde's provided a great evening. The food was tasty and and the staff was outstanding. The waiter was attentive and the manager came over to greet us and to ask if we needed anything. We could not have been more pleased with the restaurant. Even the parking in Chevy Chase is complentary. I would highly recommend having dinner at Clyde's.Special Features:
- DisappointingspritzerDined on 7/31/2014This was disappointing. We hadn't been to Clyde's in years. The food was mediocre and service was offhanded.
- Lunch bunchWDC1VIPDined on 7/31/2014Three friends often meet for lunch and to catch up and Clyde's proved to be the perfect place. The service was wonderful...giving us more than enough time to talk. We weren't rushed. Lunch came when we wanted to eat. Food was delicious, wine was priced right and good. We will return to enjoy the food, wine, service and our time together.Special Features:
- Service offDogeyedocDined on 7/30/2014Many times our waitress was MIA and we had to ask others to find her. She did Don't check on us to see if everything was ok until we had already asked others. Never asked if I wanted a refill of my iced teaSpecial Features:
- good and predictableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014restaurant respected our special request in making reservation for a booth table near window. no wait for table and good food. vegetarian member of "group" was very well accommodated and pleased. this is our "go to" restaurant for predictable, well-prepared, food and OK service. reasonably priced and something for everyone.-- recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceJohnDined on 7/26/2014This is a neighborhood favorite - good food, good service, nice "travel" experience with the décor of old model ships, model airplanes & cars, even a moving model train near the ceiling. Good vibe - especially nice to take the old folks early on as we noticed on Saturday night. There seemed to be several groups taking their senior citizen mom or dad out for dinner. Staff is very accommodating. There is a bar on the lower level but we did not eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Gluten Free ChoicesJerceDined on 7/25/2014Knowledgeable about gluten-free food needs and provides sufficient choices. Does not, however, have many GF dessert choices.Special Features:
- family gatheringsTopsinFoggyBottomDined on 7/23/2014Have visited numerous times and always very good. Family occasions benefit from its ambiance and varied menu. Too bad they have removed Cobb Salad from menu, as that was a solid, delicious staple.Special Features:
- A Dinner to CelebrateMenuFanDined on 7/20/2014We have been going to Clyde's restaurants for more than a decade, so it was an easy decision to go to Clyde's of Chevy Chase to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Our server greeted us with two glasses of sparkling wine and congratulatory words! It was a surf 'n Turf evening - my wife had steak, and I had the jumbo crab cakes. As usual, the food was delicious, presented perfectly, and came to our table piping hot. The wait staff was attentive, courteous and friendly; the dining room managers kept everything running smoothly. And of course, there was the famous model train that periodically rolled by on the tracks suspended from the ceiling, delighting the kids who were there for family dinners. It was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite for quick dinner.BigeaterVIPDined on 7/20/2014When we feel like a quick dinner with good food and reasonable prices, Chadwicks is one of a very few restaurants we head for.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience...Live2dineDined on 7/18/2014Great service, food was delicious. Waitress was very attentive and making reservations was simple. Restaurant is perfectly located in the heart of the excitement in this area. A more visible name display outside may be more helpful for first time diners and an entrance sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableDC1988VIPDined on 7/16/2014Clyde's of Chevy Chase always comes through- whether I have friends in town to take to dinner or I need to do a business lunch meeting, I can always count on Clyde's of Chevy Chase to have great food and service to make the event enjoyable.Special Features:
- Clyde's Chevy ChaseElaineVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food and service are reliably good. Parking and being on Open Table are pluses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kill the corn relish, dead alreadyRegularJoeDined on 7/13/2014We are regulars at this Clyde's, and always leave happy. Great ambiance, no surprises, good eats. This time the food delivered wasn't exactly as ordered: small things were off, like no salad dressing on the side as requested, M rather than W on the burger, one dish delivered before the three others (unusual for Clyde's) and no coffee refills--small stuff that added up in aggregate. Way too much corn & black bean relish (congealed like more than a day old) on the fried green tomatoes (tasteless and mushy inside the over-fried coating). I'll be back, but not for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good visitEnjoydiningwithfriendsDined on 7/12/2014Loved the new additions to the menu- pastas were really good. Wait staff very attentive. Ambiance nice. Tables not too close together so could have private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyBexleyVIPDined on 7/11/2014You don't go to Clyde's for innovation. You go for a good food value in a nice place. The Chevy Chase Clyde's is getting a bit run down looking and could use a face lift.Special Features:
- Clyde's convenient ,great serviceDeeBeeDined on 7/10/2014This was a birthday luncheon for a friend. The food was good. It was quiet enough to talk and the service was excellent. The reservation was honored on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday eveninglovegooddiningDined on 7/7/2014Clydes is an all-time favorite - for variety and quality of the food served. This time, the waiter was exceptionally attentive and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DependablehappydinerDined on 7/6/2014We ordered the monthly special: filet mignon for $15.95, a bargain at the price. Substitute sides were cheerfully provided. The server checked back frequently to make sure that we were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Clyde's ExperienceUKFoodiesVIPDined on 7/1/2014Ate dinner with family at Clyde's Chevy Chase and overall our experience was decent. However, like most Clyde's restaurants, it wasn't exceptional. We all had the Maryland crab soup to start and while tasty, there were no crab 'bits' to be found - just the taste of crab. This was followed by three filet steaks and one ravioli dish. Although one member of my party was particularly picky about his steak, the other two were happy. We ordered house wine and it was also fine. The one thing I must comment on was the service; contrary to other reviewers, our serving staff were attentive, speedy and really sweet. Management also were very accommodating to my one family member's very picky tastes.Special Features:
- EmilyDined on 6/30/2014Food fresh & very well prepared. Server was great & very attentive. I love Clyde's, especially it's ambience & convenient parking accommodations. Always recommend it to out of town guests for food & reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Just as the title says, the food was very good, and the service was not. Our waitress was just terribly slow, and not personable at all. I would recommend this restaurant, and would go back again, but I would make sure I had A different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but bad serviceMarkBittmanIIVIPDined on 6/28/2014The larger version of Clyde's in Chevy Chase has the same classic menu but does not have the service level that the Georgetown original has.Special Features:
- Another lovely evening ...novahwDined on 6/28/2014Although we live in Northern Virginia, this is where we like to bring friends who live in NW DC or Montgomery Co. for meals out. Friendly, reliable,delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clydes Chevy Chase...disappointing.emc67Dined on 6/27/2014Our experience at Clydes in Chevy Chase was ok. The service was good but we found the menu to be nothing special and a bit standard with almost a bar type fare. I was a bit disappointed by this. The food was just ok too. My career salad was.bland with little to no dre ssing. I had to ask the waitress for extra on the side. My salmon was ok and the blueberry cobbler for dessert was not that great. The waitress was nice enough and the service was good. I was just underwhelmed by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit to Clyde'sDiner1Dined on 6/26/2014I had heard good things about Clyde's before going there. The restaurant was really nice except for the disappointing size of the Lump meat crab cakes. They were the size of doughnut holes!!!, not the standard, expectable size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceWillimVIPDined on 6/26/2014Usually reliable was not on this visit. While food was excellent once it arrived, the service was worst ever. Waiter was not invisible, just at our table. Noise level was high from large party. (Tour bus?)