Clyde's at Mark Center
1700 N Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's at Mark Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (703) 820-8300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert McGowan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Some rooms are available for private and semi-private dining and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Saweera 7038208300x
- Entertainment: Live Bands on Saturday Nights
- Special Events: Mon-Fri
Afternoon Delights & Half-priced Raw Bar from 4pm-7pm & 10pm-12midnight.
Monday Trivia Night
From 7-9 p.m. on the deck. Get your friends together, make a team, and come to be challenged!
A special collection of delicious drinks for you to enjoy all day long.
A featured beer for $4
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
A word from Clyde's at Mark Center
Located in the West End of Alexandria, Clyde's at Mark Center is open for lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday Brunch. Stroll by the koi pond at the entrance, and choose from a number of interesting and comfortable rooms - the Adirondack room, with its own fireplace, twig lamps and cozy booths; the Chesapeake room, reminiscent of a duck hunting lodge on the Eastern Shore; the Newport room, with decor in keeping with the yachting world; the Crew Bar with its raw bar; and the Straight Wharf Bar, with its enclosed patio and whimsical Nantucket-style decor. Dine on a bacon cheeseburger, Maine lobster in season, or Wild Alaska Salmon in the summer months. Visit for happy hour and enjoy our Afternoon Delights menu of discounted Clyde's favorites like crab dip and a jumbo lump crabcake. Serving a late-night menu seven nights a week. Oyster HappyHour Mon-Fri 4-7pm and 10pm-midnight, with all raw bar items half price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's at Mark Center reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)good for groups (67)special occasion (62)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (30)fit for foodies (27)romantic (17)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (13)late-night find (10)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Great food with Great AtmosphereVanlaDined on 11/19/2014I love having a business lunch at Clyde's. You can actually have a conversation without having to compete with noise from the other customers. The menu has something to appeal to anyone. The quality of the food and the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is always outstanding. TErnieDined on 11/16/2014They change the menu every day to reflect what foods are in season, etc. There's always a hamburger, at least one pasta dish, salads, etc. The décor is nice--several rooms with different styles. Service is almost always nice. They are very accommodating for larger groups, too. The crabcakes are always exceptional (and nice that you can order a single one). The pastas are almost always terrific--I had pumpkin ravioli which was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsitentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2014Always good food, staff is always nice. Sometimes the place can be slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every department!degsyDined on 11/16/2014We have been in the US for a year and this is one of the best restaurants that we have been to so far, definitely in our top 2! The atmosphere, food and service were all excellent. There was a reasonable gap between courses (some restaurants bring the main course before you've finished the appetizer, not here.) The online booking was a plus, no waiting or call ahead dining. We will become regulars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchtimeVIPDined on 11/15/2014Clyde's is always different and reliably terrific! As often as we choose Clyde's the menu changes to offer variety, that is always fresh and appetizingly presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...okay serviceRSRangerDined on 11/14/2014The location and decor are great! We appreciate the low to moderate noise level as compared to other restaurants. Some of our party enjoyed very good food, nicely done, while some dishes were bland and tasteless. The server seemed totally detached from the service process, taking our order then disappearing until I requested the check. I expected more from Clyde's though I would give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/13/2014Always a sure thing....service, food, and atmosphere...perfect!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and ambiance.JMRJRVIPDined on 11/9/2014This was the 4th restaurant in the Clyde's group at which my husband and I have dined, and we liked it as much as the others. The menu choices were diverse and attractively presented as well as being delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwaysgoodDined on 11/8/2014As usual, our recent dinner at Clyde's Mark Center was excellent. I appreciated the traditional menu offerings as well as new items. DH had a really interesting pumpkin ravioli but I stuck with my usual crab cakes. I should have tried the squash soup.Special Features:
- Always nice with solid menu.AlenDined on 11/7/2014Clyde's is beautiful restaurant, generally modest noise level allows conversation, enough menu choice to appeal to everyone, good food and service. Appetizer was slow and main course quick. Timing could have been better. We asked for quiet booth on Friday night. Table was perfect.Special Features:
- DisappointedCuquiDined on 11/7/2014My husband chose Clyde's to celebrate a special ocassion because of our prior great experiences. This time we were disappointed with the service, slow, they forgot the appetizer, new bread they serve had no substance (filled with holes), Oktoberfest special was disappointing. The table next to ours also struggled with the wrong wine, meat not cooked as requested, no steak knife for their steak. I must say my penne pasta was very good. We'll probably try it again, but we'll have to wait a while.Special Features:
- echcpa1Dined on 11/4/2014Clyde's-Mark Center can be counted on for good food in a pleasant setting. I wish, though, the chef would lower the salt added to food. Let the patron add the salt if desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a safe choiceRichInSSDined on 11/4/2014Clyde's has always been a safe choice when you want things to go well without being over the top or too adventurous. Their restaurants are beautifully decorated and the menu is interesting enough for Americans, without being too risky. This particular location is identical to the one in Rockville, which is a bit unusual as the others all have a decor that is unique to them. The staff is well trained and properly attentive. I've been eating at Clyde's since the 1980's and have to give them high marks for being able to maintain a consistently high level of quality over many decades. The noise level is perfect. Quiet enough to have a conversation, but loud enough that the place feels lively.Special Features:
- Clydes Mark CenterWolf53DvrDined on 11/4/2014Had a lunch meeting with new client. Clyde's has become the "go-to" restaurant for meetings with DoD at Mark Center. Nice spot,.Special Features:
- We are big fans of Clyde'skandk4clydesDined on 11/1/2014Clyde's has wonderful ambience, great food and perfect service. We love to go there when we are in the Washington area and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Clydeat Marc CenterBZanoDined on 10/31/2014Great food with very reasonable prices. We had their Octoberfeast meal and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Always on pointJeriDined on 10/28/2014We were there to celebrate a birthday. The food is always good. The servers worked together to make sure everything was good as we had a large party.Special Features:
- Dinner ConsiderationmealenjoyDined on 10/28/2014We found the food to be most tasty, very ample menu choices, many tempting dishes, and reasonable prices. It is easy to get to, and has a nice, quiet parking area. Excellent for a couple or small groupings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters on the Half ShellCrazyDufferDined on 10/25/2014Start with a Bloody Maryland followed by a dozen oysters with cocktail sauce, horseradish and Tobasco and finish up with a pond and a half steamed lobster for 19.95 and I'm going back Tuesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLuvmysteakDined on 10/25/2014Weak menu...food was not well prepared and tasted "blah". Server was not very attentive due to the loud, needy table of 6 next to us. Never again.
- Terrible serviceKerryreneeDined on 10/23/2014The service ruined the experience. Waited 20 min for waiter to come over to initially take drink order. He seemed distracted the entire time, confused by any requests and went missing multiple times during the meal.....and he was training a new server! Would not go back to this location.Special Features:
- Hidden GemGbg225Dined on 10/21/2014This is great place for all occasions. The restaurant much larger than it appears. The menu has a unique variety and the food is good. Staff pleasant and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvrehobothDined on 10/20/2014We celebrated my birthday with the lobster special. It was great. A complimentary piece of red velvet cake was given to us because of my birthday. Unfortunately, the cake was horrible. It was dry and tasteless and the dolop of cream was not that great either. Skip this dessert and you should be fine!Special Features:
- Clyde's does it again!RozzieDined on 10/19/2014We enjoy Clyde's every time we visit. We highly recommend any of the restaurants but Mark Center is lovely & cozy (despite the screaming child in the next booth-his Mom took him outside).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster SpecialALHMarylandDined on 10/19/2014We love Clyde's yearly fall special on Lobster. It is 1 1/4 lbs. of deliciousness and you just can't beat it for the price! The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Service was slow for the second time in a row. Do servers have coverage in more than one room?
- Great, as alwaysToolsmithVIPDined on 10/18/2014We hit this place once every month or two, often seeking the monthly special. We are never disappointed. This time our waiter recognized us and remembered what we'd eaten the last time, was always there at the right time but not hovering. Food was great again. Needless to say, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Great LobsterGrandmother17Dined on 10/17/2014We joined our friends for dinner at Clyde's on Friday night anticipating a good lobster dinner. We were not disappointed! The lobster was perfectly cooked and the accompanying fries were perfectly cooked. The deserts were a further treat, especially the pumpkin bread pudding. Our waiter was attentive and able. We lingered over dinner for three hours, our waiter stopping by occasionally to refill water glasses and bring coffee but never pressing us to move along. We really appreciated the relaxing atmosphere, great food and courteous service.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongkmlateVIPDined on 10/15/2014Cannot go wrong with Clydes. Something for everyone and always good service.Special Features:
- No so good.FredDined on 10/12/2014Pay no attention to question 2, which is misleading. It is no longer a neighborhood gem. I checked that box because the survey insists that a least one be checked. Truth be told it is no longer a gem, and I would no longer recommend Clyde's. All that can be said is that Clyde's at Mark Center is convenient. Went for Sunday brunch. 1) The service was not as attentive as it should have been. This was not because it was too busy. 2) My wife's French toast was soggy, and my sandwich had way too much sodium. 3) My mother and my son had the seafood quiche, which they said was good, but it looked rather ordinary and dreary. I regret that the food at Clyde's is not nearly as well prepared as it once was.Special Features:
- Short menuAroundTheTableDined on 10/11/2014I had eaten Cylde's before, but mostly for lunches. I went with my partner and we decided to leave. The service was rather slow, the waitress didn't seem to understand that we only wanted WATER, there was several guest that did not care for their order which it seemed as though they had to express themselves over and over again. My partner really didnt care for what was available on the menu as they stated, it was pretty short and if he wanted listing of sandwhiches he would have went to a sandwhich shop. After waiting for a lenght, we decided to go to another restaurant, TGIF.Special Features:
- genoDined on 10/10/2014Food is always good at Clydes. Service is very professional.Special Features:
- shellyDined on 10/10/2014excellent menu choices, do not rush you to order, friendly staff. good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014I hadn't been to Clyde's for ages. I thought it might be good for business lunch with a friend. It was quiet and the service was good. Leaving a pitcher of ice water at the table was a nice touch. Neither of us ate much of our food. He had Caesar Salad and I had Fish & Chips. Both the crust on the cod and the French Fries were very tough and chewy...not the crisp and creamy I was expecting. I didn't ask my guest about his salad, but noted he didn't eat much. I would try Clyde's for lunch again due to the quiet and good service. I would be reluctant to try it for dinner when I am more focused on the food though.Special Features:
- Comments on Clyde'sMikeMDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I have had dinner at Clyde's at Mark Center for more than 13 years, occasionally with family and friends. Additionally, I ate there for lunch with a friend for 20+ years, and also with co-workers when I worked in an officer in the Mark Center area. Invariably the service and the food has been excellent - and the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Clyde's Mark Center Service DeclineKevinHVIPDined on 10/7/2014I often frequent Clyde's at Mark Center (Alexandria) and visited there three nights ago and the service could not have been worse. The drinks took forever and all were brought separately. Waiter had to be reminded about one drink. Ordered appetizer and the salads came first, five minutes later came the salads and two minutes after that came dinner. Table for four was totally covered with dishes and food. Two of four meals came with problems - part kitchen, part waiter. Wrote email to management and have not heard back. I used to think this Clyde's was among the best - not now.
- foodjordan1ydoDined on 10/5/2014Great food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more waitersSlaclaDined on 10/3/2014Our waiter appeared to be handling TOO many tables. We wouldn't complain about "slow" service, because the young man was obviously working as fast as he could. We were there on Fri night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/average serviceMaryDined on 10/3/2014I always take my out-of-town guests to Clyde's for dinner. The food is consistently good, and the location is convenient. The quality remains high.Special Features:
- Always Happy With Dinner at Clyde'sNovaLuluVIPDined on 9/29/2014Friends and I always like to meet at Clyde's for dinner, every several months. However, since it's been LOBSTER month, we've been three times in three weeks! I've had the lobster myself, twice, and it's been very good. Last time though, I had the Octoberfest plate with two sausages, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. It was delicious! I should have had a large mug of beer with it though! Make reservations and go! You'll always have a lovely meal and attentive service.Special Features: