Clyde's at Mark Center
1700 N Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's at Mark Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 7038208300x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert McGowan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Some rooms are available for private and semi-private dining and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Saweera 7038208300x
- Entertainment: Live Bands on Saturday Nights
- Special Events: Mon-Fri
Afternoon Delights & Half-priced Raw Bar from 4pm-7pm & 10pm-12midnight.
Monday Trivia Night
From 7-9 p.m. on the deck. Get your friends together, make a team, and come to be challenged!
Wednesday is the New Friday
Great wines starting at $12/bottle
A special selection of wines-some starting at $12 a bottle, some a little more. A great way to try something new.
Wine list varies weekly.
A special collection of delicious drinks for you to enjoy all day long.
A featured beer for $4
Saturday Cellar Selection Specials, 4-9pm
Try a few of our higher priced wines at a great value - by the glass and by the bottle. Every Saturday night.
Live music in the Crew Bar from 9 pm-1am
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
A word from Clyde's at Mark Center
Located in the West End of Alexandria, Clyde's at Mark Center is open for lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday Brunch. Stroll by the koi pond at the entrance, and choose from a number of interesting and comfortable rooms - the Adirondack room, with its own fireplace, twig lamps and cozy booths; the Chesapeake room, reminiscent of a duck hunting lodge on the Eastern Shore; the Newport room, with decor in keeping with the yachting world; the Crew Bar with its raw bar; and the Straight Wharf Bar, with its enclosed patio and whimsical Nantucket-style decor. Dine on a bacon cheeseburger, Maine lobster in season, or Wild Alaska Salmon in the summer months. Visit for happy hour and enjoy our Afternoon Delights menu of discounted Clyde's favorites like crab dip and a jumbo lump crabcake. Serving a late-night menu seven nights a week. Oyster HappyHour Mon-Fri 4-7pm and 10pm-midnight, with all raw bar items half price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's at Mark Center reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (69)great for lunch (55)special occasion (54)great for brunch (35)fit for foodies (21)romantic (18)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Hidden GemGbg225Dined on 10/21/2014This is great place for all occasions. The restaurant much larger than it appears. The menu has a unique variety and the food is good. Staff pleasant and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's does it again!RozzieDined on 10/19/2014We enjoy Clyde's every time we visit. We highly recommend any of the restaurants but Mark Center is lovely & cozy (despite the screaming child in the next booth-his Mom took him outside).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster SpecialALHMarylandDined on 10/19/2014We love Clyde's yearly fall special on Lobster. It is 1 1/4 lbs. of deliciousness and you just can't beat it for the price! The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Service was slow for the second time in a row. Do servers have coverage in more than one room?
- Great, as alwaysToolsmithVIPDined on 10/18/2014We hit this place once every month or two, often seeking the monthly special. We are never disappointed. This time our waiter recognized us and remembered what we'd eaten the last time, was always there at the right time but not hovering. Food was great again. Needless to say, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Great LobsterGrandmother17Dined on 10/17/2014We joined our friends for dinner at Clyde's on Friday night anticipating a good lobster dinner. We were not disappointed! The lobster was perfectly cooked and the accompanying fries were perfectly cooked. The deserts were a further treat, especially the pumpkin bread pudding. Our waiter was attentive and able. We lingered over dinner for three hours, our waiter stopping by occasionally to refill water glasses and bring coffee but never pressing us to move along. We really appreciated the relaxing atmosphere, great food and courteous service.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongkmlateVIPDined on 10/15/2014Cannot go wrong with Clydes. Something for everyone and always good service.Special Features:
- No so good.FredDined on 10/12/2014Pay no attention to question 2, which is misleading. It is no longer a neighborhood gem. I checked that box because the survey insists that a least one be checked. Truth be told it is no longer a gem, and I would no longer recommend Clyde's. All that can be said is that Clyde's at Mark Center is convenient. Went for Sunday brunch. 1) The service was not as attentive as it should have been. This was not because it was too busy. 2) My wife's French toast was soggy, and my sandwich had way too much sodium. 3) My mother and my son had the seafood quiche, which they said was good, but it looked rather ordinary and dreary. I regret that the food at Clyde's is not nearly as well prepared as it once was.Special Features:
- Short menuAroundTheTableDined on 10/11/2014I had eaten Cylde's before, but mostly for lunches. I went with my partner and we decided to leave. The service was rather slow, the waitress didn't seem to understand that we only wanted WATER, there was several guest that did not care for their order which it seemed as though they had to express themselves over and over again. My partner really didnt care for what was available on the menu as they stated, it was pretty short and if he wanted listing of sandwhiches he would have went to a sandwhich shop. After waiting for a lenght, we decided to go to another restaurant, TGIF.Special Features:
- genoDined on 10/10/2014Food is always good at Clydes. Service is very professional.Special Features:
- shellyDined on 10/10/2014excellent menu choices, do not rush you to order, friendly staff. good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014I hadn't been to Clyde's for ages. I thought it might be good for business lunch with a friend. It was quiet and the service was good. Leaving a pitcher of ice water at the table was a nice touch. Neither of us ate much of our food. He had Caesar Salad and I had Fish & Chips. Both the crust on the cod and the French Fries were very tough and chewy...not the crisp and creamy I was expecting. I didn't ask my guest about his salad, but noted he didn't eat much. I would try Clyde's for lunch again due to the quiet and good service. I would be reluctant to try it for dinner when I am more focused on the food though.Special Features:
- Comments on Clyde'sMikeMDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I have had dinner at Clyde's at Mark Center for more than 13 years, occasionally with family and friends. Additionally, I ate there for lunch with a friend for 20+ years, and also with co-workers when I worked in an officer in the Mark Center area. Invariably the service and the food has been excellent - and the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Clyde's Mark Center Service DeclineKevinHVIPDined on 10/7/2014I often frequent Clyde's at Mark Center (Alexandria) and visited there three nights ago and the service could not have been worse. The drinks took forever and all were brought separately. Waiter had to be reminded about one drink. Ordered appetizer and the salads came first, five minutes later came the salads and two minutes after that came dinner. Table for four was totally covered with dishes and food. Two of four meals came with problems - part kitchen, part waiter. Wrote email to management and have not heard back. I used to think this Clyde's was among the best - not now.
- foodjordan1ydoDined on 10/5/2014Great food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more waitersSlaclaDined on 10/3/2014Our waiter appeared to be handling TOO many tables. We wouldn't complain about "slow" service, because the young man was obviously working as fast as he could. We were there on Fri night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/average serviceMaryDined on 10/3/2014I always take my out-of-town guests to Clyde's for dinner. The food is consistently good, and the location is convenient. The quality remains high.Special Features:
- Always Happy With Dinner at Clyde'sNovaLuluVIPDined on 9/29/2014Friends and I always like to meet at Clyde's for dinner, every several months. However, since it's been LOBSTER month, we've been three times in three weeks! I've had the lobster myself, twice, and it's been very good. Last time though, I had the Octoberfest plate with two sausages, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. It was delicious! I should have had a large mug of beer with it though! Make reservations and go! You'll always have a lovely meal and attentive service.Special Features:
- OctoberfestPleasedVIPDined on 9/28/2014The Octoberfest platter is wonderful! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialjimmVIPDined on 9/22/2014Clyde's is old fashioned and unremarkable. My table was sticky and the lamp was burned out (they replaced the bulb at my request). It is, however, the only restaurant for miles around the Mark Hilton.Special Features:
- We love Lobster Month!NovaLuluVIPDined on 9/22/2014I've been to Clyde's at Mark Center twice during Lobster Month. Both times I was with two other friends and we all had lobsters. I've been tempted to try the lobster pot pie, but haven't. If I go AGAIN -- which I will -- I may try it! One friend who did order it, gave it five stars. The restaurant is attractively decorated, the service is always attentive but not overwhelming, and the food is consistently good. Make a reservation though so you won't have to wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuppie HavenYoungFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Make sure to have a reservation - and even if you do have a reservation - be prepared to wait. Be especially prepared to wait if you are not an older Caucasian family, definitely a yuppie place. Our waiter was patient but the hostess staff was untimely given that we had a reservation a week ahead of time. We saw many people walk in and go ahead of us without reservations. If you are a yuppie, this is your place. If not, be prepared to be at the end of the line.Special Features:
- Arlington visitorMary48Dined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a favorite when we visit Arlington. We have been several times at it is always very good. The service is wonderful and the servers are very friendly.Special Features:
- BowieBillVIPDined on 9/19/2014Clyde's Mark Center is one of our favorites, especially during lobster season in September-October. Their wine list has some outstanding wines for affordable prices. Conveniently located and parking is free.
- Management does the wrong job4NOBJTDined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic however the waitress we had desperately needs to be either trained or retrained. We received better service from the management. We left a decent tip simply for the possibility of her sharing with the others. I was very disappointed needless to say. If you want half off raw bar during happy (oyster) hour, which is not stated on the menu that indicates the special, unlike their "older brother" old ebbits in DC. The food and atmosphere however was absolutely fantastic, the decor gives off a warm, inviting feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Clyde's is so reliable for very good food. Bread was delicious. But we always love the lobsters. This year they are being served in September and October. Clyde's knows how to cook and serve whole lobstersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterMesseledoutDined on 9/8/2014Can't beat the price. French fries are boring. Side of slaw is so small - why botherSpecial Features:
- went for the oystersIluvtapasDined on 9/6/2014Ordered sampler dozen off 4 different oysters 2 from P E I and 2 from Mass server attempted to place tray down without making room for it then left-no explanation. We favored the Mass oysters and Ordered a second dozen of only that variety but received the same platter as the first 3 of each variety-ordered more bread never received it. After 2 bottles of wine and 2 dozen oysters almost $200 and bad service- don't order oysters at a table - belly-up to the oyster bar instead
- Friday Night at Mark CenterNoNoDined on 9/5/2014Noise level low/good. Ambiance o.k., except did not like all the guns on walls and duck decoys -- vegetarians and animal lovers would not like this room.Special Features:
- Great monthly specialsMollyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The monthly special for September 2014 is lobster, which we enjoyed very much. It was cooked perfectly and served with cole slaw and French fries. The server was not knowledgeable about the wine list but immediately sent someone to our table who could answer our questions. We will definitely go back this month.I would recommend this to a friend.
- no body thereDavidDined on 9/1/2014the place was a ghost restaurant. Steak too expensive but good. No Lobsters for Lobster month special.Special Features:
- gaijinDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at your restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant and Very ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Year in and year out, Clyde's unerringly maintains high quality and provides excellent value.Special Features:
- Great service, quiet & comfortableKat2Dined on 8/27/2014Clyde's at Marks Center is never a disappointment. MJ our waiter is tops.Special Features:
- Always greatMKent84428Dined on 8/23/2014Spectacular raw bar, friendly and attentive staff, and great food are three reasons I come to this Clyde's location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff.Delicious food.AlexYDined on 8/23/2014We went there for dinner.Everything was perfect.Nice quit atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The wild Alaskan salmon was especially delicious and my husband is always happy when liver is on the menu! The theme for the decorations in this restaurant is really neat. This restaurant is always one of our choices when we are in the area.
- Nice ambianceDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014Food was predictably good. Have visited other locations and this one did not disappoint either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surpriseAndyDined on 8/19/2014Somehow a restaurant nestled amidst office buildings doesn't evoke a NE retreat but this Clyde's does. Pine paneled walls, intimate boothes, interesting, non-kitschy decor--all this plus good food, a noise level that doesn't inhibit conversation and great service. Yes, I'll come again and recommend Clyde's to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu and food!ErnieDined on 8/17/2014They change their menu every day at Clyde's, using local, fresh foods. Many ways to eat a meal. Their entrees (which come with their own side dishes) are always varied and include at least a couple of veggie dishes. Or one could make a meal of a starter and a salad or side dish. They have suggested wine pairings with each entree. And they also have sandwiches (which also change daily). They bring filtered water in a pitcher to the table, which is really nice. Their crabcakes are among the best in restaurants in this area (either as a double, or as a single crabcake, or as a sandwich). They have a nice beer list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.