Clyde's at Mark Center
1700 N Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's at Mark Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 7038208300x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert McGowan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Some rooms are available for private and semi-private dining and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: James 7038208300x
- Entertainment: Live Bands on Saturday Nights
- Special Events: Mon-Fri
Afternoon Delights & Half-priced Raw Bar from 4pm-7pm & 10pm-12midnight.
Monday Trivia Night
From 7-9 on the deck. Get your friends together, make a team, and come to be challenged!
Wednesday is the New Friday
Great wines starting at $12/bottle
A special selection of wines-some starting at $12 a bottle, some a little more. A great way to try something new.
Wine list varies weekly.
A special collection of delicious drinks for you to enjoy all day long.
A featured beer for $4
Saturday Cellar Selection Specials, 4-9pm
Try a few of our higher priced wines at a great value - by the glass and by the bottle. Every Saturday night.
Live music in the Crew Bar from 9 pm-1am
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
A word from Clyde's at Mark Center
Located in the West End of Alexandria, Clyde's at Mark Center is open for lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday Brunch. Stroll by the koi pond at the entrance, and choose from a number of interesting and comfortable rooms - the Adirondack room, with its own fireplace, twig lamps and cozy booths; the Chesapeake room, reminiscent of a duck hunting lodge on the Eastern Shore; the Newport room, with decor in keeping with the yachting world; the Crew Bar with its raw bar; and the Straight Wharf Bar, with its enclosed patio and whimsical Nantucket-style decor. Dine on a bacon cheeseburger, Maine lobster in season, or Wild Alaska Salmon in the summer months. Visit for happy hour and enjoy our Afternoon Delights menu of discounted Clyde's favorites like crab dip and a jumbo lump crabcake. Serving a late-night menu seven nights a week. Oyster Happy Mon-Fri 4-7pm and 10pm-midnight, with all raw bar items half price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Clyde's at Mark Center - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Clyde's at Mark Center reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (77)great for lunch (74)good for groups (71)great for brunch (67)fit for foodies (33)kid-friendly (31)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- Great service, quiet & comfortableKat2Dined on 8/27/2014Clyde's at Marks Center is never a disappointment. MJ our waiter is tops.Special Features:
- Always greatMKent84428Dined on 8/23/2014Spectacular raw bar, friendly and attentive staff, and great food are three reasons I come to this Clyde's location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff.Delicious food.AlexYDined on 8/23/2014We went there for dinner.Everything was perfect.Nice quit atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The wild Alaskan salmon was especially delicious and my husband is always happy when liver is on the menu! The theme for the decorations in this restaurant is really neat. This restaurant is always one of our choices when we are in the area.
- Nice ambianceDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014Food was predictably good. Have visited other locations and this one did not disappoint either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surpriseAndyDined on 8/19/2014Somehow a restaurant nestled amidst office buildings doesn't evoke a NE retreat but this Clyde's does. Pine paneled walls, intimate boothes, interesting, non-kitschy decor--all this plus good food, a noise level that doesn't inhibit conversation and great service. Yes, I'll come again and recommend Clyde's to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu and food!ErnieDined on 8/17/2014They change their menu every day at Clyde's, using local, fresh foods. Many ways to eat a meal. Their entrees (which come with their own side dishes) are always varied and include at least a couple of veggie dishes. Or one could make a meal of a starter and a salad or side dish. They have suggested wine pairings with each entree. And they also have sandwiches (which also change daily). They bring filtered water in a pitcher to the table, which is really nice. Their crabcakes are among the best in restaurants in this area (either as a double, or as a single crabcake, or as a sandwich). They have a nice beer list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy as AlwaysDontChangeAThingDined on 8/16/2014Clydes is always a goto spot for me. This was the first time I was in the Alexandria location. The only place I will not go is to Gallery Place and mainly because I find Gallery Place (not Clydes) to be trashy, noisy, and disgusting. I typically try to stay away from chain restaurants but I break that rule when it comes to clydes because the brand is only available in the DC region and the food and atmosphere are a step above a red robbins or cheesecake factory. Going to Clydes is reserved for nights where I just want to relax and not take a risk on a new place, it has always been reliably a good time.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceRomanDined on 8/16/2014We went at 6 p.m. on a Saturday. Not many people were in the restaurant. The server was very attentive. Both of us enjoyed our meals. The food was well-prepared and the portions were generous. I've been to this Clyde's before, and I'll certainly go there again.
- Solid, Reliable...Superb LunchVirginiaTravelerVIPDined on 8/14/2014I am pretty sure that I've never had a bad experience at Clyde's. They make sure that the food is always inventive, flavorful and well presented. Their waitstaff is good and appropriately attentive. Which is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenudiningoutDined on 8/13/2014Have always liked Clydes, but it seems lately that menu selections are limited and are heavy on fish. since our family are not big fish eaters, we often dismiss clydes as the place to go since there are so few things on the menu that appeal to several in the family. We do like the ambiance and comfort of the restaurant. the food we have had has been tasty and served hot. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunch spot!happy4fridaysDined on 8/12/2014Had a family lunch at Clyde's, to include an infant and rambunctious toddler, and had great service. The food was on par - the Chef's omelette was delicious, and the ambiance was as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sobettiniDined on 8/10/2014i did not think it was up to the standards of georgetown clydes or ebbitt.
- Clyde's Has Gone DOWN the TubesOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/9/2014I saw many recent poor reviews for Clyde's @ Mark Center, but went with my wife and daughter anyway. What a mistake. The day before, my wife went to the Clyde's in DC and had a great Kale salad, that had peaches in it. She ordered it again at the Mark Center Clyde's and it was very much different, inferior, and had no peaches. My daughter ordered a kid's pizza, and said it was horrible and didn't finish it. Our waiter was HORRIBLE. He never checked on us once, and said it was because "they made me do drinks". My wife wanted to ask about the salad, but he never came back. The manager came right after we got there to ask how things were going. We had just sat down. She never came back. HORRIBLE experience and we'll never go back.
- Last MinuteTime4FriendsDined on 8/7/2014Annemarie, our server, was great! Food was good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the mussels!DealesailorDined on 8/6/2014I've dined at Clyde's Mark Center in the past and it was fine, however my experience on Wednesday evening was not up to par. I had the mussels and linguini and the mussels were awful. They were definitely not fresh and had a very strong taste. The service was marginal. The waitress never checked with us until she removed the plates, when I mentioned the mussels tasted very strong and not fresh she simply shrugged her shoulders. She was very inattentive and pretty much ignored us.Special Features:
- KimRhodesDined on 8/4/2014This was my first time at the Mark Center. Although I love Clyde's as a whole. I especially liked this one because it didnt seem as noisy and busy as Gallery Place.Special Features:
- Just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I used to be a regular at Clydes Mark Center many years ago, when I lived on this side of town. We dined around 8 o'clock on a Sunday and I felt like we showed up at closing. Didn't feel like the waiter was that interested and food was just okay. We may go back again but we should have selected a different location, things have changed at Mark Center.Special Features:
- It was okJamgalanVIPDined on 8/2/2014I had a calf liver, it was over salted. Lamb kubide pocket was good.Special Features:
- Good but changedMaryDined on 7/31/2014I always take out of town visitors to Clyde's, as it's usually a good experience. This time, it was a little noisy, but got better when the loud party left. The food was good, although they have changed their basic salad. It used to be a great dish, with chopped veggies, but now is the run of the mill mixed greens. That was disappointing. Overall, it was still a good experience, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile Atmosphere, Good Foodfoodie127Dined on 7/20/2014Clyde's has a versatile atmosphere- the entire restaurant has a "lodge" theme, but different dining areas cater to varying aspects of that motif. I've been on business, with friends, and with family, and each time we were seated in an appropriate area. It sounds a little silly, but that does set the tone for a different experience each time (ie, sturdy, well lit wood table for a business lunch; dining in the more relaxed bar area for a meal friends). Additionally, they have a great variety of food. Their crab cakes are great, the burger is great, and the house-made soda is really delicious as well. As a southern girl, the take on the BBQ pork sandwich wasn't quite what I was expecting, but not disappointing either. Very reliable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!AlexandrianDined on 7/18/2014Wanting steak, we decided on Clyde's and they filled the bill, very well!Special Features:
- Mediocre serviceechcpa1Dined on 7/18/2014The wait staff person primarily responsible for our table was mediocre at best. He was not a servicer but a passive order taker. One of the party of 2 ordered steak; no steak knife provided when entrée brought to table. The diner had to flag down a staff member to obtain the knife. Water glasses weren't re-filled, straws weren't provided for water without a subsequent request. Our wait staff person needs training on being a proactive server not an indifferent order taker.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHungryVIPDined on 7/17/2014Salmon burger is amazing; seasoning is perfect. Companion had roast beef sandwich. Shared crab-artichoke starter. Portions so generous we took home leftovers. The breads are all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014This is one of my favorite hangouts. It is always guarantee to be excellent. I go so often my son gave me a gift certificate for my birthday. I love taking folks there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 7/13/2014The brunch quiche and smoked salmon plate were both outstanding, as were he blueberry muffins. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not happy with the menSan1Dined on 7/12/2014The quality of selections on the menu have gone down. The last two times I went the dishes were horrible. I like clydes, but the taste of the food or at least the dishes I picked were not that great. Limited kid choices. My daughter likes steak and salmon which are not available on the kids menu. I would like to see a whole new menu, because I'm not pleased with the current choices at this particular clydes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiterBillDined on 7/8/2014We had a fine filet. but the most outstanding was the waiter. He was attentive, friendly, personable, and general nice to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Our experience was great overall. However, our table did have one complaint. the menu listed Alaskan salmon with asparagus, onion purée and quinoa. 2 ppl at our table ordered based on that description but got salmon over rice pilaf with bell peppers. No asparagus, onion purée or quinoa. I pointed this out to the server and was told that the item I ordered was no longer on the menu. I insisted that it was as I had never been there before and am sure I read correctly. Then she came back and said "oh the chef says they ran out of quinoa" and offered to get me something else. Although the salmon was perfectly cooked I felt like the chef should have checked with is before unilaterally making the substitutions. What if I were allergic?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightMarilyn742Dined on 7/1/2014We are from New York and found Clydes, as it was close to our hotel. The food was good. We had a great time there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2014We have never been disappointed with our dining experience at Clyde's Mark Center. Drinks, food, and service are consistently, reliably tasty and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2014Server was inattentive, leaving us alone for long stretches. But he might just have had too many tables to cover.
- McgreleVIPDined on 6/28/2014We are familiar with Clyde's and it met our expectations.Special Features:
- Good DinnerGnocchiDined on 6/27/2014Nice spot for adult dining. Great service. If you are a gnocchi fan, go for the ricotta gnocchi as a side or a main dish! Totally worth it.Special Features:
- Clyde's is always a winnerMelReakVIPDined on 6/27/2014Clyde's is always an outstanding spot for a fantastic meal - lunch, dinner, or just dessert and coffee. We have never had anything less than lovely service, and it has become one of "spots."Special Features:
- Dining OutClydesDined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed a most pleasant dinner. Requested a quiet corner so we could have a good conversation without being overwhelmed by the surrounding noise usually so often found in a local popular restaurants. The food was good, well-prepared as requested, and the service was excellent by any measure. I'll be back again and again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Clyde's at Mark Center to friends and acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of seafood, nautical decorWhoKnowsDined on 6/19/2014Group of four and two trouts that both raved about, salmon, which was their monthly special, and a crab cake. All got gobbled up. Very good accompanying veggies and potatoes. Cap code mussels were unusual in that there were quite large, and the sauce was different with cooked chopped onions. Also devoured. Service was leisurely, but that was not a problem. Several model sailboats, three in the middle quite large, and various bits of nautical decor since the menu emphasizes seafood.Special Features:
- JAS63Dined on 6/16/2014Clyde's is near to my father's retirement community and is where he most often wants to eat out, so we've been many times. The quality of the food and service can be counted on, and I appreciate their use of local produce. The food presentation seemed to have been kicked up a notch since our last visit. My father loves the crab cakes, which he orders most of the time. I'm a vegetarian who sometimes eats fish and have been very happy with both the fish and vegetarian dishes I've had there. This time I ordered the Wild Salmon special, which was excellent. The menu has standard items (my father can get his crab cakes), but also has specials that change out seasonally, which provides variety that I appreciate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day brunchspekuloosDined on 6/15/2014It was an excellent meal for Father's day- great selection and delicious food. The only thing was that it took 15 minutes for our waiter to come take our drink orders, and he was in-and-out for the entire meal. I didn't mind too much, since I know the restaurant was busy that day. When he *was* there, the waiter was excellent, helpful, and congenial.Special Features:
- Great brunch choices!SopmomDined on 6/15/2014This was our first Father's Day brunch and all 4 attendees had something different from the Brunch selections. We shared a platter of oysters and clams as an appetizer. The food came quickly, was plated beautifully and consumed with gusto. We have lived in the DC area for 4 decades and I wasn't sure what to expect of this franchise. BUT, it really was a wonderful meal, big booth and lots of wonderful nautical decor which fit the theme of Dad's Day perfectly. We'll be happy to go back for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.