Clyde's at Mark Center
1700 N Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's at Mark Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 7038208300x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert McGowan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Some rooms are available for private and semi-private dining and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Saweera 7038208300x
- Entertainment: Live Bands on Saturday Nights
- Special Events: Mon-Fri
Afternoon Delights & Half-priced Raw Bar from 4pm-7pm & 10pm-12midnight.
Monday Trivia Night
From 7-9 p.m. on the deck. Get your friends together, make a team, and come to be challenged!
Wednesday is the New Friday
Great wines starting at $12/bottle
A special selection of wines-some starting at $12 a bottle, some a little more. A great way to try something new.
Wine list varies weekly.
A special collection of delicious drinks for you to enjoy all day long.
A featured beer for $4
Saturday Cellar Selection Specials, 4-9pm
Try a few of our higher priced wines at a great value - by the glass and by the bottle. Every Saturday night.
Live music in the Crew Bar from 9 pm-1am
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
A word from Clyde's at Mark Center
Located in the West End of Alexandria, Clyde's at Mark Center is open for lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday Brunch. Stroll by the koi pond at the entrance, and choose from a number of interesting and comfortable rooms - the Adirondack room, with its own fireplace, twig lamps and cozy booths; the Chesapeake room, reminiscent of a duck hunting lodge on the Eastern Shore; the Newport room, with decor in keeping with the yachting world; the Crew Bar with its raw bar; and the Straight Wharf Bar, with its enclosed patio and whimsical Nantucket-style decor. Dine on a bacon cheeseburger, Maine lobster in season, or Wild Alaska Salmon in the summer months. Visit for happy hour and enjoy our Afternoon Delights menu of discounted Clyde's favorites like crab dip and a jumbo lump crabcake. Serving a late-night menu seven nights a week. Oyster HappyHour Mon-Fri 4-7pm and 10pm-midnight, with all raw bar items half price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Clyde's at Mark Center - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Clyde's at Mark Center reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)good for groups (67)great for lunch (62)special occasion (60)great for brunch (44)fit for foodies (26)romantic (25)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OctoberfestPleasedVIPDined on 9/28/2014The Octoberfest platter is wonderful! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Lobster Month!NovaLuluVIPDined on 9/22/2014I've been to Clyde's at Mark Center twice during Lobster Month. Both times I was with two other friends and we all had lobsters. I've been tempted to try the lobster pot pie, but haven't. If I go AGAIN -- which I will -- I may try it! One friend who did order it, gave it five stars. The restaurant is attractively decorated, the service is always attentive but not overwhelming, and the food is consistently good. Make a reservation though so you won't have to wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuppie HavenYoungFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Make sure to have a reservation - and even if you do have a reservation - be prepared to wait. Be especially prepared to wait if you are not an older Caucasian family, definitely a yuppie place. Our waiter was patient but the hostess staff was untimely given that we had a reservation a week ahead of time. We saw many people walk in and go ahead of us without reservations. If you are a yuppie, this is your place. If not, be prepared to be at the end of the line.Special Features:
- Arlington visitorMary48Dined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a favorite when we visit Arlington. We have been several times at it is always very good. The service is wonderful and the servers are very friendly.Special Features:
- BowieBillVIPDined on 9/19/2014Clyde's Mark Center is one of our favorites, especially during lobster season in September-October. Their wine list has some outstanding wines for affordable prices. Conveniently located and parking is free.
- Management does the wrong job4NOBJTDined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic however the waitress we had desperately needs to be either trained or retrained. We received better service from the management. We left a decent tip simply for the possibility of her sharing with the others. I was very disappointed needless to say. If you want half off raw bar during happy (oyster) hour, which is not stated on the menu that indicates the special, unlike their "older brother" old ebbits in DC. The food and atmosphere however was absolutely fantastic, the decor gives off a warm, inviting feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Clyde's is so reliable for very good food. Bread was delicious. But we always love the lobsters. This year they are being served in September and October. Clyde's knows how to cook and serve whole lobstersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterMesseledoutDined on 9/8/2014Can't beat the price. French fries are boring. Side of slaw is so small - why botherSpecial Features:
- went for the oystersIluvtapasDined on 9/6/2014Ordered sampler dozen off 4 different oysters 2 from P E I and 2 from Mass server attempted to place tray down without making room for it then left-no explanation. We favored the Mass oysters and Ordered a second dozen of only that variety but received the same platter as the first 3 of each variety-ordered more bread never received it. After 2 bottles of wine and 2 dozen oysters almost $200 and bad service- don't order oysters at a table - belly-up to the oyster bar instead
- Friday Night at Mark CenterNoNoDined on 9/5/2014Noise level low/good. Ambiance o.k., except did not like all the guns on walls and duck decoys -- vegetarians and animal lovers would not like this room.Special Features:
- Great monthly specialsMollyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The monthly special for September 2014 is lobster, which we enjoyed very much. It was cooked perfectly and served with cole slaw and French fries. The server was not knowledgeable about the wine list but immediately sent someone to our table who could answer our questions. We will definitely go back this month.I would recommend this to a friend.
- no body thereDavidDined on 9/1/2014the place was a ghost restaurant. Steak too expensive but good. No Lobsters for Lobster month special.Special Features:
- gaijinDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at your restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant and Very ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Year in and year out, Clyde's unerringly maintains high quality and provides excellent value.Special Features:
- Great service, quiet & comfortableKat2Dined on 8/27/2014Clyde's at Marks Center is never a disappointment. MJ our waiter is tops.Special Features:
- Always greatMKent84428Dined on 8/23/2014Spectacular raw bar, friendly and attentive staff, and great food are three reasons I come to this Clyde's location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff.Delicious food.AlexYDined on 8/23/2014We went there for dinner.Everything was perfect.Nice quit atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The wild Alaskan salmon was especially delicious and my husband is always happy when liver is on the menu! The theme for the decorations in this restaurant is really neat. This restaurant is always one of our choices when we are in the area.
- Nice ambianceDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014Food was predictably good. Have visited other locations and this one did not disappoint either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surpriseAndyDined on 8/19/2014Somehow a restaurant nestled amidst office buildings doesn't evoke a NE retreat but this Clyde's does. Pine paneled walls, intimate boothes, interesting, non-kitschy decor--all this plus good food, a noise level that doesn't inhibit conversation and great service. Yes, I'll come again and recommend Clyde's to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu and food!ErnieDined on 8/17/2014They change their menu every day at Clyde's, using local, fresh foods. Many ways to eat a meal. Their entrees (which come with their own side dishes) are always varied and include at least a couple of veggie dishes. Or one could make a meal of a starter and a salad or side dish. They have suggested wine pairings with each entree. And they also have sandwiches (which also change daily). They bring filtered water in a pitcher to the table, which is really nice. Their crabcakes are among the best in restaurants in this area (either as a double, or as a single crabcake, or as a sandwich). They have a nice beer list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy as AlwaysDontChangeAThingDined on 8/16/2014Clydes is always a goto spot for me. This was the first time I was in the Alexandria location. The only place I will not go is to Gallery Place and mainly because I find Gallery Place (not Clydes) to be trashy, noisy, and disgusting. I typically try to stay away from chain restaurants but I break that rule when it comes to clydes because the brand is only available in the DC region and the food and atmosphere are a step above a red robbins or cheesecake factory. Going to Clydes is reserved for nights where I just want to relax and not take a risk on a new place, it has always been reliably a good time.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceRomanDined on 8/16/2014We went at 6 p.m. on a Saturday. Not many people were in the restaurant. The server was very attentive. Both of us enjoyed our meals. The food was well-prepared and the portions were generous. I've been to this Clyde's before, and I'll certainly go there again.
- Solid, Reliable...Superb LunchVirginiaTravelerVIPDined on 8/14/2014I am pretty sure that I've never had a bad experience at Clyde's. They make sure that the food is always inventive, flavorful and well presented. Their waitstaff is good and appropriately attentive. Which is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenudiningoutDined on 8/13/2014Have always liked Clydes, but it seems lately that menu selections are limited and are heavy on fish. since our family are not big fish eaters, we often dismiss clydes as the place to go since there are so few things on the menu that appeal to several in the family. We do like the ambiance and comfort of the restaurant. the food we have had has been tasty and served hot. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunch spot!happy4fridaysDined on 8/12/2014Had a family lunch at Clyde's, to include an infant and rambunctious toddler, and had great service. The food was on par - the Chef's omelette was delicious, and the ambiance was as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sobettiniDined on 8/10/2014i did not think it was up to the standards of georgetown clydes or ebbitt.
- Clyde's Has Gone DOWN the TubesOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/9/2014I saw many recent poor reviews for Clyde's @ Mark Center, but went with my wife and daughter anyway. What a mistake. The day before, my wife went to the Clyde's in DC and had a great Kale salad, that had peaches in it. She ordered it again at the Mark Center Clyde's and it was very much different, inferior, and had no peaches. My daughter ordered a kid's pizza, and said it was horrible and didn't finish it. Our waiter was HORRIBLE. He never checked on us once, and said it was because "they made me do drinks". My wife wanted to ask about the salad, but he never came back. The manager came right after we got there to ask how things were going. We had just sat down. She never came back. HORRIBLE experience and we'll never go back.
- Last MinuteTime4FriendsDined on 8/7/2014Annemarie, our server, was great! Food was good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the mussels!DealesailorDined on 8/6/2014I've dined at Clyde's Mark Center in the past and it was fine, however my experience on Wednesday evening was not up to par. I had the mussels and linguini and the mussels were awful. They were definitely not fresh and had a very strong taste. The service was marginal. The waitress never checked with us until she removed the plates, when I mentioned the mussels tasted very strong and not fresh she simply shrugged her shoulders. She was very inattentive and pretty much ignored us.Special Features:
- KimRhodesDined on 8/4/2014This was my first time at the Mark Center. Although I love Clyde's as a whole. I especially liked this one because it didnt seem as noisy and busy as Gallery Place.Special Features:
- Just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I used to be a regular at Clydes Mark Center many years ago, when I lived on this side of town. We dined around 8 o'clock on a Sunday and I felt like we showed up at closing. Didn't feel like the waiter was that interested and food was just okay. We may go back again but we should have selected a different location, things have changed at Mark Center.Special Features:
- It was okJamgalanVIPDined on 8/2/2014I had a calf liver, it was over salted. Lamb kubide pocket was good.Special Features:
- Good but changedMaryDined on 7/31/2014I always take out of town visitors to Clyde's, as it's usually a good experience. This time, it was a little noisy, but got better when the loud party left. The food was good, although they have changed their basic salad. It used to be a great dish, with chopped veggies, but now is the run of the mill mixed greens. That was disappointing. Overall, it was still a good experience, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile Atmosphere, Good Foodfoodie127Dined on 7/20/2014Clyde's has a versatile atmosphere- the entire restaurant has a "lodge" theme, but different dining areas cater to varying aspects of that motif. I've been on business, with friends, and with family, and each time we were seated in an appropriate area. It sounds a little silly, but that does set the tone for a different experience each time (ie, sturdy, well lit wood table for a business lunch; dining in the more relaxed bar area for a meal friends). Additionally, they have a great variety of food. Their crab cakes are great, the burger is great, and the house-made soda is really delicious as well. As a southern girl, the take on the BBQ pork sandwich wasn't quite what I was expecting, but not disappointing either. Very reliable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!AlexandrianDined on 7/18/2014Wanting steak, we decided on Clyde's and they filled the bill, very well!Special Features:
- Mediocre serviceechcpa1Dined on 7/18/2014The wait staff person primarily responsible for our table was mediocre at best. He was not a servicer but a passive order taker. One of the party of 2 ordered steak; no steak knife provided when entrée brought to table. The diner had to flag down a staff member to obtain the knife. Water glasses weren't re-filled, straws weren't provided for water without a subsequent request. Our wait staff person needs training on being a proactive server not an indifferent order taker.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHungryVIPDined on 7/17/2014Salmon burger is amazing; seasoning is perfect. Companion had roast beef sandwich. Shared crab-artichoke starter. Portions so generous we took home leftovers. The breads are all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014This is one of my favorite hangouts. It is always guarantee to be excellent. I go so often my son gave me a gift certificate for my birthday. I love taking folks there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 7/13/2014The brunch quiche and smoked salmon plate were both outstanding, as were he blueberry muffins. Service was outstanding!Special Features: