Club Room at Soho Grand Hotel
310 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Club Room at Soho Grand Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sohogrand.com/
- Phone: (212) 965-3588
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 6:00am - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Richard Farnabe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details about Large Party or Private Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Melody Thomas 2125196658
- Entertainment: DJ's on Thursday - Saturday evenings.
A word from Club Room at Soho Grand Hotel
With an elegant residential feel, Soho’s Club Room is a perfect mix of old world and new, melding downtown style and old New York gentility. Acclaimed Chef Richard Farnabe has created a menu of classic American fare with French nuances that pair perfectly with the selection of wines and delicious mix of signature cocktails.Continued
The Dining Room serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner daily.
Reservations only apply to Dining Room.
The Dining Room serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner daily.
Reservations only apply to Dining Room.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club Room at Soho Grand Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- a unique dining experienceReetzVIPDined on 11/9/2014I had brunch at the cafe at the soho grand with friends and loved it. Seating is special as it is sofas and chairs around coffee tables. The space is comfy and charming, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Good service and great food. Only downside was the coffee, which was not delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDaphnelleDined on 8/24/2014Nicely located and pleasant, quiet atmosphere but the prices are a bit high for a run-of-the-mill American breakfast served in a hotel lobby. The couch and coffee table setting might be better suited to have tea/coffee rather than lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent ambience in the loungeMackDined on 8/12/2014Dined here meeting a friend for an early breakfast. The service, ambience in the lounge area, food, and frequency of coffee pouring were all fantastic. I had an avocado scramble that was a game changer for my future breakfast decisions.Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Club Room at Soho Grand Hotel reviews archive.
- Not enjoyable at allOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/14/2014Went there for Valentine s day, didn't have a good time at all. The waitress seemed to be stoned and couldn't answer any of my questions on the menu. Music was way too loud to have a conversation, I complained twice about it. They put me too near from the fire place which was way too hot. Besides the food wasn't good either. I ordered a well done steak that came rare . Not going back there again.
- The place I always go back toJAZZVIPDined on 1/19/2014Consistent with the quality of food that they serve. Service is also good. A great place to hang out throughout the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so at SohoscrybrtDined on 12/27/2013Good selection of vegetarian option. Wine list was poor. Food was mediocre as was the service, which when from poor to horrible. Nearly missed our appointment because we couldn't get the waiter to give us our cheque.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013The place looked amazing, it was 2:00 brunch in Mother's Day and they ran out of lobster and crab. My mom was disappointed. Then I asked if my drink can be replaced and the waitress was rude about changing it.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. Food wasboop716VIPDined on 10/8/2012Great atmosphere. Food was blah and service was terrible. Much better experiences elsewhere in NY.
- Excellent decor that blendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2011Excellent decor that blends old and new. Don't go for the food, but do enjoy the lounge and bar scene.Special Features:
- Soho Grand was nice for anOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Soho Grand was nice for an occasion. For the portions, it wasn't worth it. The waitress stressed how large they were and we were a little let down when they arrived. The way the menu was organized/explained was confusing. So, overall the food wasn't great, but the ambiance was nice (not sure it was worth $200, but nice). Not sure I'd return.Special Features:
- There are FAR better optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/21/2011There are FAR better options within a weakly thrown stone's range.
- The ambience was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011The ambience was great. The food was good-very good. The service was awful! The server was terrible. It took forever to get the wine list and even longer to get the wine. We were half way through our dinner when the wine showed up.Special Features:
- Always a luxurious respiteCtdinerVIPDined on 8/25/2011Always a luxurious respite in a bustling SoHo... soaring windors with muted draperies, cozy sofas and coffee tables to dine at (we always sit in the lobby to people watch and lounge. Great Cobb salad, perfect sandwiches and burger. Yummy fries that stay amazingly hot in brown paper cones set in pewter cups. Sandwiches served on cutting boards.. very cool.Special Features:
- Won't be going backNYCFoodieDined on 5/8/2011We ate here with 4 adults and 1 kid. When we checked in, the hostess glanced disapprovingly at our group (bc of the kid, I guess) and flatly told us that there were no tables in the restaurant part (which was small) and we'd have to eat in the "lounge," which meant we would have to eat in living room chairs hunched over a low table. Two of our guests were older, so I reminded her that I'd made a reservation. She then said it would be at least 30 mins and we could wait at a lounge table until one opened up in the dining room. Miraculously, a table opened in 5 minutes and we were seated. Service was fine, but nothing to warrant the automatic 20% they tack on the bill. Food was perfectly good, but not anything special and WAY overpriced.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/21/2011Very enjoyable experience - Gluten free menu included amazing cup cakes and french fries -Special Features:
- Dramatically overemployed serversOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2011Dramatic over employment is enjoyed by couture clad servers at this beautiful space. Absent service levels were picked up by a bartender who would accommodate a request for water if you brought your glass to the bar, and with a busboy providing salt and pepper for your table if you could catch his eye. After a perfectly adequate meal, the server returned, allowing my male companion measured glimpses of her silhouette and gravity defying undergarment to successfully upsell the dessert of the evening - which was spectacular. Spare yourself - and your wallet - only go here for a drink at the bar and to enjoy the gorgeous space.
- Trendy lounge, excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2011Trendy lounge, excellent service, and tasty food. Nice gem in SoHo, not too crowded and yet very much alive. Highly recommended for a night with friends.Special Features:
- Bad service. No attention.unbacioDined on 1/11/2011Bad service. No attention. Long wait for no reason. Always something missing. Bread. Oil. Salt and pepper. Sugar. The place was empty so no reason for all this delay and Jack of basic attention. Feels sad as a place.
- They didn't honor our reservationJamesCVIPDined on 12/11/2010They didn't honor our reservation and said that they didnt have availability despite it being confirmed online. I go here frequently, so we ended up sitting in the bar, but their system wasnt quite working with the open table system.Special Features:
- I had hoped to have a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/26/2010I had hoped to have a great night with friends on a Friday night at Soho Grand Bar & Lounge. Left deeply disappointed after not finishing half of the food, except the flatbreads which were quite good. We found the decor to be outdated (we are from Iceland, perhaps accustomed to the Scandinavian clean and smooth style), and the music did not fit the ambiance they seem to be seeking (they had a dJ). The waitress did not ask us about the half-eaten food, instead charged us in full without any questions.
- Beautiful industrial chicTopNotch10VIPDined on 11/24/2010Beautiful industrial chic with friendly client oriented staff. The bar/lounge is a mix of drinks, snacks and quite well prepared entrees. Overall, a relaxing, energetic and rewarding experience. I'd go again in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- The food was very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2010The food was very average but extremely overpriced. I would recommend going for drinks and to hang out, but skip the dining.
- Beautiful and casual setting--CtdinerVIPDined on 8/4/2010Beautiful and casual setting-- a cool oasis in SoHo to have a quiet lunch out of the milieu that are the shops and packed dining spots. We relaxed on comfortable sofas around a coffee table, and had lovely grilled sandwichesand salads. Great hotel, pretty place, great service.Special Features:
- I was not prepared for howOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2010I was not prepared for how incredibly pretentious the staff at the SoHo Grand would be. It was over 10 minutes before we were approached for our drink order and another 15 for delivery. A delay like this might have been understandable had the restaurant been extremely busy, which it was not. After the rude service and unneccessary delays, we elected to go someplace else for dinner. I was extremely surprised to find a 20% gratuity automatically included on a check for drinks for four people, which I suppose explains why the waitstaff can treat guests any way they wish - they are receiving tips either way - it's not up to the patron. Will not be going back nor recommending to friends.
- A great place for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2010A great place for a group to get together. The space in the Grand Lounge was private and comfortable. The drinks and food was exactly what we wanted, and the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- We ate in the bar area. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2010We ate in the bar area. The server was attentive and pleasant. An enjoyable lunch in a beautiful atmosphere. My friend had food allergies and the waiter handled her requests with ease. I'd return for another meal or event.
- Very good food and a coolDCspectacularVIPDined on 5/8/2010Very good food and a cool atmosphere. Expect to eat on a couch, which can be a little different. Pet friendly. Its my second time there, and I'll be back.
- While the food was fair -BarbVIPDined on 2/14/2010While the food was fair - when it finally came, which was a LONG time coming, the ambiance was unimpressive, and the service was absurdly slow and completely indifferent. We were blown away with how poorly set up the space was and how terrible the experience was - and it was expensive on top of that! We couldn't even get our server to bring water, though we asked several times, and that should've tipped us off to how slowly the food would ultimately come. We will never return, and couldn't have been more disappointed in the whole thing. Shame on the Soho Grand for not caring more!
- Service was very spotty. WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2010Service was very spotty. Wait staff was busy with lounge and bar customers. Restaurant was empty except for our table of three. We liked the food but had to hail the waiter, then a waitress, to take our orders.
- Our party of four was aloneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/8/2010Our party of four was alone in the restaurant for almost the enire time we were there (for a 7:30 reservation on a Friday night). While the food was very good, it felt like we were an "after thought" to the wait staff. In addition, they took my credit card at the BEGINNING of the meal. Said it was because we were not guests in the hotel. I would not return.Special Features:
- THIS BAR IS SERIOUSLY ONEGregoryDined on 12/27/2009THIS BAR IS SERIOUSLY ONE OF THE GREATEST FINDS IN NYC. BEST FOOD. EXCLUSIVE SETTING AND A STAFF THAT IS ATTENTIVE TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. OUR HOST WAS WONDERFUL AND GRACIOUS. GREAT BURGERS, MAC & CHEESE, AND SALADS. OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- If you happen to be stayingbcorbittVIPDined on 11/25/2009If you happen to be staying in the hotel and need a drink I guess this place will do. The food was not all that good as the pizza was something I could make better when I was ten. This place reminds me of the the Woody Allen movie lines "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Guess this place is trendy do if trying to impress date and want to pay for the drinks and hang not bad but otherwise find someopalce else to eat and drink.
- The service was a little dodgy,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2009The service was a little dodgy, but overall the experience was good.Special Features:
- Eating at coffee tables isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2009Eating at coffee tables is not really a great experience but I guess it works for some.
- Dining here was a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2009Dining here was a very nice and memorable experience. Very relaxed atmosphere, yet attentive staff made the experience enjoyable. Nice menu choices, if you're looking for something light.Special Features:
- My daughter, cousin and IFrenchieNYC1Dined on 5/10/2009My daughter, cousin and I hit up the Soho Grand for Breakfast on Mother's Day. Our wait staff and maitre'd were posed, professional, welcoming and extremely friendly. I highly recommend the eggs benedict with spinach & ham because it's exceptional. My cousin ordered the same but with salmon. Overall, she said it was tasty but a bit salty so be advised. As a treat, each of us ordered the juice of the day which was freshly squeezed grapes and it was fantastic! The only critique I have is on their pancakes. They were served overdone and cold. The next batch came out undercooked because the batter was too thick and the stove was set too high. Lastly, be advised that they add on a 20% gratuity regardless of your experience.Special Features:
- I was at the SOHO Grand forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/18/2009I was at the SOHO Grand for a business meeting. The place was very nice and the menu was great. The issue is the furniture. We were seated in a comfy living room type chair and a love seat with a very low LR type table. This is fine for a few drinks but to eat with a client was extremely uncomfortable. I wanted to get the soup but who can eat soup with that set up? If this is what they wanted to portray, then they shouldn't have soup, steak and all yummy things on the menu that require a fork and a knife and an actual table you can eat from. Finger food would have been better. I ordered pizza which I didn't want but was so self conscious of spilling it on my suit that it was practically frozen by the time I got half way through.
- Not for anyone under 35. TheValeskaDined on 12/13/2008Not for anyone under 35. The bar scene is annoying if you just want to have dinner. Food is unremarkable.Special Features:
- It was really happening foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2008It was really happening food was delicious , and bar scene was hopping even stayed at hotel it was great.Special Features:
- Our hostess was great. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2008Our hostess was great. We were seated immediately at our reserved table. The food & drinks were both truly impressive. Our server was very slow, but fortunately we were not in a hurry to leave this great spot. We will definitely be back. The Grand is especially good for special occasions. Very impressive.Special Features: