1824 W. Wabansia Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clubluckychicago.com/
- Phone: 7732272300x
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen is open: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30pm - 11:00pm: Saturday: 4:30pm-11:00pm: Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm. Cocktail Lounge open later each evening.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlos Contreras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The entire menu is available for catering, delivery, or carry out.
- Private Party Facilities: Club Lucky can accommodate small groups as well as large ones. We are an ideal location for any celebration including Holiday Parties, Corporate Events, Rehearsal Dinners, Weddings, Birthdays, & Anniversaries. You must see the holiday decorations. Prix Fixe family style menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Higgins 8776276955
- Entertainment: New Years Eve and other Special Occasions.
- Special Events: To book your Private Party, contact: Jim Higgins at 773-227-2300
- Cross Street: Honore St.
- Public Transit: Damen stop on the CTA Blue Line.
Clybourn stop on Metra.
Buses: 72 North Ave, 9 Ashland Ave, & 50 Damen Ave.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at dinner. Street Parking is also available on surrounding streets (no permit required)
For Lunch our side lot just east of the restaurant is available free of charge.
A word from Club Lucky
Club Lucky features the hearty pastas, fresh seafood and classic dishes of Southern Italy, and Sicily; not to mention Chicago classics such as Chicken Vesuvio. House specialties range from daily hand-made stuffed pastas to perfectly grilled steaks & chops. A mainstay in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area for over 23 years, upon entering you find brick walls, formica tables, and oversized Naugahyde booths that provide a genuine design element to complement “grandmother's recipes” on the Italian menu. All sauces & pastas are made on-site, and each recipe is made with what the Owners call “a little bit of love.” Some of the most sought-after dishes are the Lamb Chops, Antipasti Platters and Spinach Lasagna. Desserts are all housemade as well, with the profiteroles being the most popular. Minutes from downtown hotels, theaters, and the United Center. Hotel Concierge and/or their guests enjoy VIP reservations. Our atmosphere is casual, the portions are generous and the prices are reasonable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club Lucky reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (19)romantic (18)hot spot (18)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good ItalianRestlessD1Dined on 10/18/2014love the homemade bread and pasta! Super loud so, hard to talk to the group I had dinner with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebratealyssavhDined on 10/12/2014Club Lucky was the perfect place to celebrate post-Chicago Marathon! Great ambiance, delicious food, awesome beer/wine/cocktail list. My husband and I were also celebrating our anniversary, so when our friends secretly mentioned this to our server he brought out a candle-lit dessert on the house! The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend, and we'll be sure to recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Reliable and hardy!MarathonmanDined on 10/11/2014Great tradition for pre-race carbo-load. Good portions, hot foods, excellent bread. Prompt and friendly service. Casual and fun atmosphere. Look forward to visiting every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place Is MagicalBrianVIPDined on 10/10/2014Easily one of Chicago's overall best spots for a great dinner and a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat low key, neighborhood ItlianDBPatentVIPDined on 10/5/2014Traditional Italian ... if you remember and loved Papa Milano's, you will enjoy Club Lucky.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereGoogieDined on 9/27/2014We went to Club Lucky to celebrate my spouse's birthday with two other friends. We arrived just before 6 pm and the host wanted to seat us in a booth in the corner of the restaurant when the rest of the place was empty. When I requested a different table, he replied, "they are all reserved." Since we had a reservation too, I asked if he "assigned" tables to all the reservations-he then relented and said, "why don't you pick where you want to sit" with an attitude. Not a good start to the evening. On a good note, our server was great! The appetizer (fried calamari) and the Club Lucky salad were very good. The red sauce on the past was mediocre at best. It was very thin and lacked flavor. The restaurant was also very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would travel to get to this placeGeorgia15Dined on 9/25/2014This place is never a disappointment. The food is always the best. Great for special occasions because they have a private room. Great for a date because the bar area and ambiance is Frank Sinatra throwback feeling. Great with friends. Noice level is high during busy hour but if you go for lunch the level is lower. The place is a must visit. It won't disappoint. Try the Fish salad and green bean salad. Yummmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine ItalianIADiner2Dined on 9/13/2014Club Lucky is a treat. Great atmosphere and even better food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Thank you Jimmy and Thomas! Once again a delightul experience. Food was greatSpecial Features:
- wadeintoitDined on 9/6/2014Good local go to. A bit old school, but in a cool way.Special Features:
- BarbieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Delicious! Thank you Erin for excellent service at the bar!Special Features:
- goodtimesDined on 8/24/2014Been to Club Lucky many times. Have never been disappointed.Held a surprise B-Day party for my wife with around 40 guests. It was absolutely perfect. If anyone needs a venue for a Xmas gathering, party, whatever. This is a great place to host.Special Features:
- Club LuckyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Food was fantastic, appetizers were delicous and steak was very tasty and well prepared., staff was very friendly and attentative. Had a great time, will definitely being going back.Special Features:
- sat outside =very relaxingbuddeeeDined on 8/20/2014Very pleasant. Good quality and variety of Italian food. Enjoyed the bread. One of our 4 pasta dishes was a bit dry, we counterted by asking for more sauce. Definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth the drive!PickyaboutserviceDined on 8/19/2014Club Lucky has delicious food, an awesome bar, wonderful retro feel, and last but not least a great staff. We drive 60 miles each way and have not been disappointed yet. The specials are always different and taste amazing. I love that when you ask for how things are prepared the staff can give you detailed description and recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good goodBeckerVIPDined on 8/17/2014One of my go to places ..... Great neighborhood placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night at Club LuckyDiner7Dined on 8/16/2014Can't say enough about Club Lucky. Service was excellent, ambience was like stepping back in time, and the food came out piping hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!rlbanks102Dined on 8/5/2014We ate outside on a weekday evening and it was a great experience. Tucked in the neighborhood it is a much more relaxing experience without all the hustle and bustle of a crowded main artery like North Ave. or Damen Ave. The food was exceptional and the staff attentive and accommodating. Overall a wonderful experience. We had 3 adults and an 8 year old and all were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food and musicSurprisedDined on 8/2/2014I love the neighborhood atmosphere of Club Lucky and their food has never, EVER disappointed!!! I always take out of town people here but especially out of towners orginally from Chicago that miss that old school Italian feel. This is the place....oh, and it also has the absolute BEST juke box in town!!!Special Features:
- Fun late Saturday Afternoon Lunchlakeviewguy2VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had the best time at Club Lucky with a " late lunch " of appetizers and splitting dishes for a great time. Food was amazing...and the staff is always a pleasure. Patio was cool and refreshing with a nice mixture of flowers and umbrella's. Dining al fresco at it's best !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarybVIPDined on 7/30/2014A true taste of "old time" located in Wicker Park . Good Italian Food. Great Salads. Try the meatball salad. The bestSpecial Features:
- really good, butrickerobinsonDined on 7/27/2014but off from a few years back. club lucky salad was the same, but most everything else felt a little less cared forSpecial Features:
- A favorite spot for 15 yearshal4105Dined on 7/24/2014Visited most recently on a Thursday night to meet out of town relatives. It is the perfect place for that. Great service with no rush, everyone was very happy with the food and wine, and the bartender made a beautiful manhattan. Much more relaxed than something fancier downtown. It helped that we sat outside and the weather was absolutely perfect.Special Features:
- Fantastic!thefunk4Dined on 7/19/2014Club lucky is fantastic! Great Food, good prices, great martini's. It's a nice little find in Bucktown!Special Features:
- BarbieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Thank you Jimmy and Thomas! As usual the food was excellent and the service provided by Lori at the bar was great! See you soonSpecial Features:
- BarbieVIPDined on 7/5/2014it was excellent! Always enjoying talking with Thomas. Service was great at the bar! Food delicious.Special Features:
- Bland Calamari.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Ordered the Famous Fried Calamari with spicy sauce. Very bland calamari and the sauce was not spicy. Afraid to order anything after that. We got our check and left.Special Features:
- My favorite place in Bucktownkatieroo9Dined on 6/26/2014Get something with the vodka sauce! They also have a great martini list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecheech1006VIPDined on 6/24/2014The food and the service at Club Lucky were as good as I've had anywhere. Strangely, the physical space itself is an embarrassment. Some awful mix of 50s diner motif and corner dump bar and somehow also white table cloth? Renovate this place and it's on Eater 38.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 570 reviews are from the Club Lucky reviews archive.
- Great find!JillygfDined on 6/22/2014Everything is great! Can't miss! This place ticks all my favorites plus I can walk there! Outdoor seating is great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retro fun...EXCELLENT FOODAmyDeeVIPDined on 6/19/2014Smack in the middle of a hip Bucktown neighborhood sits this retro gem! Awesome food, generous portions, broad wine list, spectacular cocktails, 50s decor, great music. Inside seating is fun....outside seating is ample too! Go here....often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDuPageDined on 6/19/2014We were not familiar with the area so we turned to trip advisor for recommendations. Club Lucky was lucky for us The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. We were going to a local theater after dinner and did not know if the theater had a bar. We asked our waiter if he was familiar with the theater and he actually called the theater to find the answers to our questions. It was so nice to enjoy food in a neighborhood restaurant and not a chain. Outstanding service and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Italian gemDebbyDined on 6/8/2014Excellent food---especially the gluten free pasta that can be ordered with many of the sauces. Our party of four all enjoyed their dinner and the other couple who joined us loved the Italian food. This may become our new "let's go out to eat" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatafterconcertfindDined on 5/31/2014Food was great! My date and I are on a vegetarian diet, so we had the veggie antipasto and the eggplant parmigiana, which were both excellent. we both loved the warm bread served with the meal, as well as the flavored olive oil (light but spicy). Only complaint was the very dim lighting, since we chose to eat inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NightRitaDined on 5/31/2014Apparently we arrived when a family/group of 50 was leaving. The valet was working hard to get that family out, so we had to wait a while. We should have eaten outside because the restaurant was totally loud. We could hardly hear our friends. The waiter must have been new, or a fill-in for the evening because he just wasn't attentive.Special Features:
- NachoDined on 5/30/2014I went to this resturant on Mothers Day and the food was outstanding. However when I went back for my daughter's graduation dinner on 5-30-14 the food was bland and cold. I was very disappointed because of my first experience there was so outstanding. Not sure if I will go back.
- A Happy Placenightout1184VIPDined on 5/25/2014We always love going to Club Lucky because the ambiance is so cheerful, from the retro bar to the ebullience of the staff and customers. The food is reliably good with the baked clams being the best in Chicago.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!mynewfavspotDined on 5/17/2014My new favorite spot!! Great atmosphere, music and food! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick, tasy, loudfoodie65Dined on 5/17/2014Food was very good, and the service was quick and efficient considering that the restaurant was full. Noise level was high and made conversation difficult. I had been here before for lunch and was seated in the bar area where there is old-school music playing. Our most recent visit was in the dining room with 100 or so other customers.Special Features:
- Chicago's Best Neighborhood SpotBrianVIPDined on 5/16/2014Best vibe in city. Great food. Great music. Cool staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.