2175 Cornell Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://main.clubisabella.com/
- Phone: 2162291111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Satuday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Fabio L. Mota
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Club Isabella
We welcome you to Club Isabella. It is our great pleasure to provide you with French Cousine with an Modern Twist. Join us for great food, cocktails and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club Isabella reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)good for groups (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- BeeeDined on 8/22/2014We were delighted with the food and service. For some reason we have not been here for a while and we were surprised how good it was and regret our absence. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014What a great venue for listening to great jazz whilst enjoying a delectable meal. Clean, modern ambiance. Very clean restroom (women). Professional and friendly staff. The jazz trio that was playing the night we were there was fantastic!!! I think they were called Cleveland Jazz Trio. They should be a permanent fixture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014I invited a friend to meet me at Club Isabella. It was there first time there and they were very impressed with the location, food and service. Club Isabella is definitely a place to meet for meetings, breaks and just a time to reflect with friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlDined on 7/26/2014Brought friends from Canada who absolutely loved this restaurant. The meal was perfect but our waitress made the evening. She was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive without being overbearing. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. We were sorry we missed the jazz group that plays in the evening but that just gives us an excuse to go back - not that we need one.Special Features:
- Top rate service and style!AnnaCDined on 7/25/2014Each time I've been to Club Isabella I have had great service from different staff. The dining room is beautifully appointed. The outdoor patio is perfect on a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerEmilyDined on 7/17/2014We went to Club Isabella for a Wednesday night birthday dinner, just me and husband. We had a delightful summer cocktail and wine on the patio, and I had the most amazing rib eye. The menu is creative and diverse, the decor and ambiance is delightful (clean, modern), and the waitstaff is incredibly kind, attentive, and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We WaitedJimShorts1Dined on 6/27/2014Club Isabella has a beautiful patio that opens to the restaurant and jazz music. The food is okay, I expected better for the prices . The service was poor. We waited for our salads they never arrived, we waited for beverage refills, we were never asked, we waited for our check, we had to ask the manager. The best service was provided by the valet!Special Features:
- outrageous amount for valet parkingsaschaDined on 6/11/2014I am not going to eat at this restaurant again until they either remove or lower the lunch time fee for valet parking. Five of us were meeting for lunch--$25 for us to park to meet for lunch?! Insane. And offensive, given that they had an empty parking lot. I am in charge of organizing work groups to go out for dinners, etc., and I will argue against using this venue with such outrageous price simply to park to go to their restaurant. I have zero sympathy for the restaurant on this issue, as they chose a location without reasonable parking for other reasons that seem to be paying off. Fine. Pay your valet service.Special Features:
- CLEwaspDined on 6/7/2014Creative menu! Beautiful presentation. The next day, everyone in our party was still talking about how good their meal was.Special Features:
- excellentGailDined on 5/31/2014You have to try the calamari, fabulous, best ever! All four of us raved about the food. The food is clearly made with love. The flavors are unique. The menu has many unusual choices. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014The ambiance is superb. Pianist is outstanding . Food was excellent. Service was superb. Decor is upscale. Overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a PleasuresolohbetDined on 5/21/2014Great spot virtually on CWRU campus. Nice concise menu but eclectic. Knowledgable servers. No hassle. Great place to have a quiet business talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small sizesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014PLEASE increase portion sizes! The food was wonderful, just NOT worth the prices for such a small serving size!
- Wonderful eveningPleasanteatsVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice atmosphere. Food was great. It was a very special night for us and the staff was very cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbillyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great stop for University Circle events. Prompt service by very accomodating staff.Special Features:
- jbob49Dined on 5/13/2014Took a friend for her birthday lunch. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Club Isabella, Univ Circle greatLarryDined on 5/10/2014Club Isabella is a great restaurant in University Circle/Little Italy. Creative Dishes and excellent service. Easy to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Club Isabella reviews archive.
- Excellent RestaurantBobgDined on 5/3/2014We came for dinner before the Cleveland Orchestra performance on a Saturday evening. The service was very efficient and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningjbob49Dined on 4/26/2014We were a party of four and all really enjoyed the food, ambience and service. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014No parking spaces (lot or street). Assured by phone, prior to booking, "plenty of parking available"! No one at reception desk when I arrived. Seated self. Not offered ground pepper and no waiter in sight. Used black substance on table, assuming it was pepper; it made soup ultra salty. Found out later that it was Hawaiian sea salt! Water glasses not refilled. Few menu choices for Good Friday. Wanted crab salad without dressing; not available. Other option fish taco's (fried= no good) --- ordered crab salad. Small for price; more like an appetizer than an entrée. Sitting in a cold draft. Group member had asthmatic spell due to draft. Again, No staff around. Saw door open causing draft; I closed the door. Two checks wrong.
- Saturday Night DinnerlovefoodDined on 4/5/2014They had changed the menu and the website had not been updated. If you are going to have a website, it should be maintained. Dishes were way too complicated with sauces, etc. Keep it simple.
- Amazing serviceboomDined on 4/2/2014I had a beautiful dinner at Club Isabella this week and absolutely loved it. I was especially impressed with our server who was clearly a committed professional. She was one of the best servers I have encountered in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Orchestra ChoicedinerDined on 3/27/2014I'm not a fan of early dining in general, but we had an excellent meal here before Thursday's concert. The wait staff great and mindful of our need to leave in time. Menu recommendations were spot on and the food just right. The restaurant was fairly empty at that hour, and a great experience all around. We have had a similar experience on previous occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive and food is weirdMariaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Pretentious is probably the best way to describe it. Looks interesting when you read the menu, but when you taste it, you wonder why the chef decided to combine flavors this way!? I ordered scallops with hazelnut and orange sauce, but the scallops were sitting in the pool of tomato sauce, which totally negated the flavor of hazelnuts and orange and left me thinking that someone got way too creative - tried to create new flavors for the sake of doing something new, but it ended up tasting very odd. The prices are very high as well. But loved the setting/atmosphere. Service was good as well
- Perfect NightschaefmanDined on 3/15/2014First time visit for my wife's birthday and concert afterward. Service was excellent, drinks were very good, and food (especially apps) were wonderful. Really enjoyed it and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Very pleasant experience. Great food. Personable service.Special Features:
- Very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Cocktails were unbelievably over priced. Bartender made one of two incorrectly, probably from not paying attention to the order. We asked for bread and were each given one small piece. Decided not to stay for dinner. We requested a 7:30 table. We're offered 7:15 or 7:45. The restaurant was EMPTY when we arrived at 7:45. What's the game here!?! We won't be back.
- Good MealSpectacularVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a very good meal there over the weekend. The food was pretty good, I rated it lower because the ambiance was average at best. There was hardly anyone in the restaruant on a Saturday night at 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant quiet place for lunch.BirthdaylunchDined on 2/27/2014Pleasant quiet place for lunch. Good food & pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great duck, good and attractiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Great duck, good and attractive steak,good wine. A little pricy but fine for a Sat pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snowy winter nightemeryjamesDined on 2/5/2014After an all day snowstorm, what a lovely way to spend the evening! It was truly a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived at 8 PM on MOndaysezwhoVIPDined on 1/27/2014Arrived at 8 PM on MOnday night, and unfortunately, it was almost deserted. The food was very good (including a nice amuse bouche), as was the coffee and the drinks. Service was excellent. We like the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why no customers?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2014The ambiance in this restaurant is so wonderful, one wonders why every time I've been there, there are so few diners. One can only guess that it is the menu. Prices are high for what is offered and the quality of the food. This past visit I had a piece of sole(not Dover sole by any means) for $26.00. There was nothing else included in the entree. The sole was fairly dry and overcooked. the restaurant needs to be a "neighborhood gem" not a special occasion restaurant. But with the prices, that's what it turns out to be. Food choices are also a bit odd. Perhaps the chef really needs to take a look at what is on the menu and what the neighborhood seeks.Special Features:
- NYEClevelandClevelandDined on 12/31/2013Decided to go here with wife for a quiet NYE dinner and it was such a great choice! Great place, great food and great service! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with the in-laws!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013My fiancee and I took my parents and his parents out to dinner here before a show downtown. It was a great experience; knowledgeable wait staff, timely and tasty dishes... I couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, clean, andshannonDined on 11/19/2013Nice restaurant, clean, and quiet - good for lunch meetings or out of town visitors of the nearby University or Hospitals. The food was tasty and nicely presented. My only complaint was the crusty bread and a small pad of butter to share with the table. The bread was a rock and there was not enough butter to share between 3 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful french restaurantmsmkVIPDined on 11/15/2013I had lamb bolognese which was a simplyn delicious entree, my husband ordered a steak. If you are used to steak from Flemings or Morton's - you will not like this one - skip it. Just not the same. Stick with a meal that would be French in nature and you will be fine. Waitress was wonderful, place was not very crowded for a Friday evening - got there around 815 - a little pricey but overall pretty good.Special Features:
- WOW!FoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2013Dined her on a Friday night..Pianist playing beautiful music, cocktails flowing...Appetizers, fish sticks were amazing! Their bread they serve is very crispy and fresh (warm rustic french bread)...Wedge Salad w/ fried egg is to die for! As for my dinner, the Braised Pork Shank blew my mind.....Delicious! Also, guests had the Lamb Bolognese and they were amazed at the dish. It was beautifully prepared pasta! The sauce was to die for! Chef Fabio Mota is an extremely talented chef. It was a pleasure meeting him! He checked on our table and made sure everything was perfect! Top Restaurant in Cleveland..a MUST!!!! Looking forward to my return...Special Features:
- Great Dinner!GreatChoiceDined on 11/9/2013I took my wife to Club Isabella for our anniversary...1st time at this restaurant. We lived in France for 3 years, so we're always "curious" how good local French restaurants are. This was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was romantic but chic, with a really cool bar that spanned the restaurant. Our server was great and very friendly. The food was excellent...we met Chef Fabio who studied in Paris (he's American), who is the owner and head chef. We thought it would be fun to have him create our dinner, so we decided on a price range and "5 course meal" that would allow us to taste several things on the menu, so the rest was up to him. The food and experience was fantastic and it will be an anniversary that we'll remember for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceDisappointedx2VIPDined on 11/1/2013We had not dined at Isabella for several months, but tried it again, remembering unique food choices. Though the food was very good, our service was unacceptable. After taking drink orders, the server returned minutes later to ask us to remind him of the drink order. After describing the specials, he again disappeared. We finally motioned for him and he took our order acknowledging one appetizer and 2 entrees. After waiting more than 35 minutes, he finally arrived with the entrees. When we mentioned the missing appetizer, he told us we had not ordered it, taking no responsibility for his error. There are so many excellent dining choices in the area, there is no need to return to this one where service is an afterthought.