2175 Cornell Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://main.clubisabella.com/
- Phone: 2162291111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Satuday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Fabio L. Mota
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Club Isabella
We welcome you to Club Isabella. It is our great pleasure to provide you with French Cousine with an Modern Twist. Join us for great food, cocktails and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Club Isabella - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
Club Isabella reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (13)romantic (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Enjoyable eveningnubygalDined on 10/17/2014I love the ambiance and decor at Club Isabella. I was surprised how quiet the restaurant was at 8PM on a Friday night, but we weren't looking for excitement and vibe, just a nice restaurant to catch up with friends. There was a fabulous piano player the night we were there that we enjoyed very much. The food was good; better than we expected but our review varied by dish across our party of four guests. Calamari appetizer was excellent with great spicy sauce. Fennel salad was good/fresh. The entrees were good but the use of sauce was heavy and were on the small side. All in all, we would go back to Isabella. I would recommend a nice evening ordering a drink and dinner at their beautiful bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice. Enjoyed it.BriAnnDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had dinner to celebrate her birthday. The food was TREMENDOUS! I had the Fluke. It was by far the BEST seafood/fish dinner I have ever had. My wife had the lamb. She thoroughly enjoyed her meal as well. The only drawback we experienced was the fact that there is a large opening from the dining room to the kitchen. During our meal we felt as though we were being watched by one or more of the kitchen staff (not the wait staff). They appeared to be pausing or relaxing between tasks and were staring out over the diners. To us, this was very unnerving and uncomfortable. Otherwise, this was a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret GemRNLMVVIPDined on 10/1/2014Second time we enjoyed dinner here during the week. Few patrons, but excellent food and service. This is a gem that apparently remains a secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Choice!RickyTDined on 9/22/2014Great Location with exceptional ambience- Good for an intimate business meeting or a romantinc evening out. Waitress was a gem-knowledgable, efficient, and entertaining without being intrusive. Very Clean! Great varied food selection. Great flavor. Snapper was excellent as was the Fluke. Try the Tiramisu. I was told the wine selection was awesome and waitress very knowledgable. I was also told that the prices were cheaper than comparible restaurants in other cities. I was very pleased since I chose the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatEat3LiveDined on 9/18/2014This is my second celebration at Club Isabella. I love everything about it. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeeeDined on 8/22/2014We were delighted with the food and service. For some reason we have not been here for a while and we were surprised how good it was and regret our absence. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014What a great venue for listening to great jazz whilst enjoying a delectable meal. Clean, modern ambiance. Very clean restroom (women). Professional and friendly staff. The jazz trio that was playing the night we were there was fantastic!!! I think they were called Cleveland Jazz Trio. They should be a permanent fixture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014I invited a friend to meet me at Club Isabella. It was there first time there and they were very impressed with the location, food and service. Club Isabella is definitely a place to meet for meetings, breaks and just a time to reflect with friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlDined on 7/26/2014Brought friends from Canada who absolutely loved this restaurant. The meal was perfect but our waitress made the evening. She was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive without being overbearing. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. We were sorry we missed the jazz group that plays in the evening but that just gives us an excuse to go back - not that we need one.Special Features:
- Top rate service and style!AnnaCDined on 7/25/2014Each time I've been to Club Isabella I have had great service from different staff. The dining room is beautifully appointed. The outdoor patio is perfect on a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerEmilyDined on 7/17/2014We went to Club Isabella for a Wednesday night birthday dinner, just me and husband. We had a delightful summer cocktail and wine on the patio, and I had the most amazing rib eye. The menu is creative and diverse, the decor and ambiance is delightful (clean, modern), and the waitstaff is incredibly kind, attentive, and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We WaitedJimShorts1Dined on 6/27/2014Club Isabella has a beautiful patio that opens to the restaurant and jazz music. The food is okay, I expected better for the prices . The service was poor. We waited for our salads they never arrived, we waited for beverage refills, we were never asked, we waited for our check, we had to ask the manager. The best service was provided by the valet!Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Club Isabella reviews archive.
- outrageous amount for valet parkingsaschaDined on 6/11/2014I am not going to eat at this restaurant again until they either remove or lower the lunch time fee for valet parking. Five of us were meeting for lunch--$25 for us to park to meet for lunch?! Insane. And offensive, given that they had an empty parking lot. I am in charge of organizing work groups to go out for dinners, etc., and I will argue against using this venue with such outrageous price simply to park to go to their restaurant. I have zero sympathy for the restaurant on this issue, as they chose a location without reasonable parking for other reasons that seem to be paying off. Fine. Pay your valet service.Special Features:
- CLEwaspDined on 6/7/2014Creative menu! Beautiful presentation. The next day, everyone in our party was still talking about how good their meal was.Special Features:
- excellentGailDined on 5/31/2014You have to try the calamari, fabulous, best ever! All four of us raved about the food. The food is clearly made with love. The flavors are unique. The menu has many unusual choices. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014The ambiance is superb. Pianist is outstanding . Food was excellent. Service was superb. Decor is upscale. Overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a PleasuresolohbetDined on 5/21/2014Great spot virtually on CWRU campus. Nice concise menu but eclectic. Knowledgable servers. No hassle. Great place to have a quiet business talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small sizesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014PLEASE increase portion sizes! The food was wonderful, just NOT worth the prices for such a small serving size!
- Wonderful eveningPleasanteatsVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice atmosphere. Food was great. It was a very special night for us and the staff was very cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbillyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great stop for University Circle events. Prompt service by very accomodating staff.Special Features:
- jbob49Dined on 5/13/2014Took a friend for her birthday lunch. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Club Isabella, Univ Circle greatLarryVIPDined on 5/10/2014Club Isabella is a great restaurant in University Circle/Little Italy. Creative Dishes and excellent service. Easy to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantBobgDined on 5/3/2014We came for dinner before the Cleveland Orchestra performance on a Saturday evening. The service was very efficient and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningjbob49Dined on 4/26/2014We were a party of four and all really enjoyed the food, ambience and service. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014No parking spaces (lot or street). Assured by phone, prior to booking, "plenty of parking available"! No one at reception desk when I arrived. Seated self. Not offered ground pepper and no waiter in sight. Used black substance on table, assuming it was pepper; it made soup ultra salty. Found out later that it was Hawaiian sea salt! Water glasses not refilled. Few menu choices for Good Friday. Wanted crab salad without dressing; not available. Other option fish taco's (fried= no good) --- ordered crab salad. Small for price; more like an appetizer than an entrée. Sitting in a cold draft. Group member had asthmatic spell due to draft. Again, No staff around. Saw door open causing draft; I closed the door. Two checks wrong.
- Saturday Night DinnerlovefoodDined on 4/5/2014They had changed the menu and the website had not been updated. If you are going to have a website, it should be maintained. Dishes were way too complicated with sauces, etc. Keep it simple.
- Amazing serviceboomDined on 4/2/2014I had a beautiful dinner at Club Isabella this week and absolutely loved it. I was especially impressed with our server who was clearly a committed professional. She was one of the best servers I have encountered in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Orchestra ChoicedinerDined on 3/27/2014I'm not a fan of early dining in general, but we had an excellent meal here before Thursday's concert. The wait staff great and mindful of our need to leave in time. Menu recommendations were spot on and the food just right. The restaurant was fairly empty at that hour, and a great experience all around. We have had a similar experience on previous occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive and food is weirdMariaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Pretentious is probably the best way to describe it. Looks interesting when you read the menu, but when you taste it, you wonder why the chef decided to combine flavors this way!? I ordered scallops with hazelnut and orange sauce, but the scallops were sitting in the pool of tomato sauce, which totally negated the flavor of hazelnuts and orange and left me thinking that someone got way too creative - tried to create new flavors for the sake of doing something new, but it ended up tasting very odd. The prices are very high as well. But loved the setting/atmosphere. Service was good as well
- Perfect NightschaefmanDined on 3/15/2014First time visit for my wife's birthday and concert afterward. Service was excellent, drinks were very good, and food (especially apps) were wonderful. Really enjoyed it and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Very pleasant experience. Great food. Personable service.Special Features:
- Very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Cocktails were unbelievably over priced. Bartender made one of two incorrectly, probably from not paying attention to the order. We asked for bread and were each given one small piece. Decided not to stay for dinner. We requested a 7:30 table. We're offered 7:15 or 7:45. The restaurant was EMPTY when we arrived at 7:45. What's the game here!?! We won't be back.
- Good MealSpectacularVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a very good meal there over the weekend. The food was pretty good, I rated it lower because the ambiance was average at best. There was hardly anyone in the restaruant on a Saturday night at 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant quiet place for lunch.BirthdaylunchDined on 2/27/2014Pleasant quiet place for lunch. Good food & pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great duck, good and attractiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Great duck, good and attractive steak,good wine. A little pricy but fine for a Sat pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snowy winter nightemeryjamesDined on 2/5/2014After an all day snowstorm, what a lovely way to spend the evening! It was truly a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived at 8 PM on MOndaysezwhoVIPDined on 1/27/2014Arrived at 8 PM on MOnday night, and unfortunately, it was almost deserted. The food was very good (including a nice amuse bouche), as was the coffee and the drinks. Service was excellent. We like the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why no customers?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2014The ambiance in this restaurant is so wonderful, one wonders why every time I've been there, there are so few diners. One can only guess that it is the menu. Prices are high for what is offered and the quality of the food. This past visit I had a piece of sole(not Dover sole by any means) for $26.00. There was nothing else included in the entree. The sole was fairly dry and overcooked. the restaurant needs to be a "neighborhood gem" not a special occasion restaurant. But with the prices, that's what it turns out to be. Food choices are also a bit odd. Perhaps the chef really needs to take a look at what is on the menu and what the neighborhood seeks.Special Features:
- NYEClevelandClevelandDined on 12/31/2013Decided to go here with wife for a quiet NYE dinner and it was such a great choice! Great place, great food and great service! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with the in-laws!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013My fiancee and I took my parents and his parents out to dinner here before a show downtown. It was a great experience; knowledgeable wait staff, timely and tasty dishes... I couldn't have asked for more!Special Features: