Club House at Presque Isle Downs
8199 Perry HWY
Erie, PA 60606Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Club House at Presque Isle Downs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pidowns.com/
- Phone: (814) 866-8353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Sunday- Friday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View
A word from Club House at Presque Isle Downs
Offering a casual dining experience with an amazing view of the racetrack. Live entertainment featured every Friday & Saturday night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club House at Presque Isle Downs reviews from OpenTable diners
- Downs ClubhouseBrewmeisterDined on 7/16/2014We plan a side trip to the Downs every year while on vacation. The food is outstandingly consistent and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Wow- dinner & horse racing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014We had a wonderful time with friends over the great dinner and watching the horse races. The table TV monitor's helped when the horses were out of view. It was a very fun evening with a great meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong tablebirdieDined on 9/26/2013Love this place...always have a good time....this was the first time I had made a reservation.....I did so online...the table they showed on the internet was not the table we had reserved.. Wanted one so we could see the racing, Asked the hostess, said she had never seen what was on the internet, but it was the table that was reserved and we could not move to a different one. For future reservations I will be talking to someone in person....Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOMEWHAT DISAAPOINTEDFUSSYMISSDined on 9/18/2013GUESS I EXPECTED SOMETHING NICER..WAITRESS WAS VERY NICE/SERVOCE WAS PRETTY GOOD. GUESS IT WAS MYCHOICE OF BEER BAtter fish, too greasy....oh wll..chociti martina was yummy except vodka was'nt not the best, was burny ....Special Features:
- Healthy Eating!food4meDined on 9/11/2013I wish you had more food that wasn't fried and a few simple desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good. serviceJudyDined on 8/29/2013food was very good. service was slow, poor girls tried hard but did not have enough help !! service has been slow every time that we've been there (we had a group of 6)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with Friends at the RaceswmnosDined on 8/28/2013We did not get the tables we had asked for. At first we were disappointed but then realized they were just as good for viewing the races. The food was very, very good and the wait staff friendly and observant to our needs. All in all, it was a wonderful night of entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewfunwithfriendsDined on 8/28/2013Service was great. Love to watch the horse races and share with friends in the excitement!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SittingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013There were MANY empty tables, and 15 mins. after we were seating they sat a party with a BABY and a TOOTLE, right next to us. I think if there were 8 other tables, WHY. The baby cried and the TOOTLE scream at the horses. If fact they should have NOT be able to be seated in that restaurant.. I was glad when they left to go outside to see the horse, they should have done that to begin with.Special Features:
- Our waitress was fantastic.butchDined on 8/18/2013Our waitress was fantastic. It was her last day of work before returning to college and she treated us like we were the king and queen of England!Special Features:
- Horses & FoodBillDined on 8/11/2013Great place to watch the horses and enjoy good food. We ate in the dining room and the prime rib buffet. The buffet was very good.Special Features:
- Best Way To Watch Horse RacingRichard127Dined on 8/11/2013This is the best place I know of in western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio to watch the horse races, and they are our favorites, the thoroughbreds. They have great food at a reasonable price, with excellent beer on tap, and any mixed drink you could want. There is easy access to betting windows and rest rooms. Excellent service and friendly workers. The Club House is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Racetrack DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2013This restaurant overlooks the race track at Presque Isle Downs so you can watch the races while having dinner. The food is well prepared and inexpensive. $20 for a 8oz. Filet with potato and vegetable; $15 for a 10 oz. Strip Steak; all cooked to order. These are not steak house quality items but are of very good quality and an excellent value. The Rack of Ribs is also a good buy at $20, served with a sweet and mildly spicy sauce. Great sandwiches and appitizers are also available. Same menu lunch or dinner. The staff is well trained and the service is flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerSrG42Dined on 7/25/2013We went as first timers and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and even ran into friends. Our server and the other servers in our area were very personable and fun. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun SpotFunforallDined on 7/18/2013The restaurant along with the racing cards make this a great night out with a group or just my wife and I. The food and refreshments are always tasteful and inexpensive. A great 3 to 4 hour fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had 5:15 reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013I had 5:15 reservation and I told there was a private party till 6:15 and I couldn't be seated till then. I was told there was a mistake but I would just have to wait, and the hostess said I would have to fine something else to do till 6:15. I walked around the Casino and gambled for 10 minutes, when the hostess tracked me down on the floor, and said she rechecked and I could be seated earlier. The quality of the food has gone down. The Clubhouse food used to be the best, both of our dinners were over cooked. The restaurant was almost empty I can understand over cooked food. Our waitress never checked on us, I had to wave her down to get a second drink.
- Good food and service. AlthoughjodiDined on 7/14/2013Good food and service. Although I made my reservation through your site and the restaurant had no information about it. We were seated timely in spite of them not expecting us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reservation wasn't receivedLuckyDined on 7/8/2013When I arrived I was told I didn't have a reservation. Luckily I still had my confirmation on my phone. Luckily they weren't busy and I got a great table to watch the horse races.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at the RacesPegADined on 7/7/2013Our party of 3 adults enjoyed our dinner at the Presque Isle Racetrack, in the Clubhouse. Being able to see the horse races, visit with friends, and enjoy a good meal is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightSnowbirdsDined on 6/24/2013We enjoy watching the races in the Club House. Our waitress was very good. Now if we had only won some money.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curious at BestTopsz2Dined on 6/20/2013I was told that Open Table Customers get last chance at all good tables. I made reservations 6 weeks in advance and was put in a bad table until I complained.Special Features:
- loved the day at the racesLeftyDined on 6/20/2013Have been to Harrisburg and Erie for the horse races and enjoy the service, atmoshpere and overall experince in Erie much better! Will come back many times over the summer of 2013!!!! Thanks much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor waitress was very overworked!!JudyDined on 6/11/2013Poor waitress was very overworked!!!! not enough help. Kitchen slow but we watched races so time waiting wasn't too bad. When food finally arrived it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was nice to be able todebbieDined on 6/10/2013It was nice to be able to watch the racing without being rushed . The food choice was fairly good and came out nice and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun!CasinogalDined on 6/10/2013Enjoyed a nice delicious dinner, with a super track view ! Quiet, yet fun evening -got to some great races without getting wet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible experiencejoanDined on 5/28/2013Worst dinner ever. Food was fair at best. Service awful, server brought appetizer and one minute later the dinner salads and dinner,how the food was cooked that fast i do not know. No drink refills or any communication. Avoid this place,,
- Oldie and Goodiefood4meDined on 5/22/2013I have tried almost everything on the menu and the only dish that wasn't A+ was the pulled pork, rather dry and not much flavor. The wait staff is very helpful and extremely pleasant. I recommend this restaurant to any one who goes to the casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimedarkellerDined on 5/19/2013Tthis was our first time at the Club House, or at Presque Isle. First, reservations were made in advance easily, and since we decided to dine earlier than expected, there was no problem. I thought the food was very good, and the prices reasonable. I didn't get a real connection with our waitress (needs to be friendlier) but the service was average, which is OK with me. I would probably have liked to have seating that overlooked the racetrack, as that was one of the reasons we were there for. I have no doubt that had I requested it, I would have been moved. You want to ask your diners when they come in. Some want to watch, others don't. I would consider it a decent experience, and with a little effort could be a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy floorszyqDined on 5/12/2013The food and service was great, but the congestion at the wagering windows was horrible. That really needs to be changed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD - LARGE PORTIONSOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2011GREAT FOOD - LARGE PORTIONS - GREAT FRIENDLY SERVICE GOODTIME HAD BY ALL.Special Features:
- Have an overall fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2011Fun to be had overlooking the horse racing track...bring a group and enjoy casual betting and decent food. Steaks are delicious, but the buffet could use more choices.Special Features:
- A great evening, except beingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011A great evening, except being marred by the terrible track event, which put a real downer on the remainder of an otherwise enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- A Great Night Out, All Year Long!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2011Two thumbs up: good food, something for every taste and appetite. Great service and a fun exciting ambience with the horse racing. The new manager is a real keeper. The difference in the staff attitude is palpable. More relaxed, friendly and client-centered.:) This was a girls' night out and multiple birthdays celebration, and the last week of live racing. Brett was our server, and the perfect combination of professional and personal.So much fun, but still all about service. The place was always fun, because you can still watch and bet on the races broadcating live all year. With this new "attitude", we plan to get there often this winter! We're definitely thinking about it for our office Christmas party!Special Features:
- We eat in the Clubhouse justOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2011We eat in the Clubhouse just about every Friday night during racing season.The food in consistant and the service is always good.Taking the french onion soup off the menu was a Big mistake.Dave Anthony
- We had a fun evening and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011We had a fun evening and enjoyed the food and drinks.Special Features:
- Service was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011Service was excellent but the buffet ?????? Beef was very dry and tasteless. Rest was so-so. Desserts were very good.Special Features:
- Burgers were dry, not evenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2011Burgers were dry, not even in the center of the bun. Food looked thrown on plate.
- Great menu selections alongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011Great menu selections along with attentive service.Special Features:
- Was surprised about limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2011Was surprised about limited menu. We went ther a few years ago and they had a much larger selection of food. Food was not hot. But it tasted good. Loved the large baked potato.Special Features:
- Service and food were verylasvegasfoodieDined on 9/10/2011Service and food were very good. Booth was comfortable. Not the first time eating here and it won't be the last. The trip takes approximately 1 1/2 hours but we all enjoyed the meal and the gaming facility.