209 Columbus Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clubcafe.com/
- Phone: 6175360966
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: beginning at 4:00pm. Bar open till 2:00am (Please note we are 21+ ONLY after 9:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An extensive catering menu is available. Club Cafe has private seated dining areas for parties as small as 12 to 15 people, and as large as 100+. We also can accommodate cocktail parties for up to 300 people, in multiple rooms with multiple entertainment options.
- Private Party Facilities: There are two private rooms, complete with audio visual, flat screen TV's a stage and two separate bars. The rooms can be booked together for larger party, or separately for smaller parties.
- Private Party Contact: James Morgrage 6175360972
- Entertainment: Piano entertainment in our Napoleon Room Cabaret & dining room; 8pm, Sunday's 6:30pm. Monday's Drag Bingo & RuPaul Drag Race viewing parties, Trivia Tuesday's, Karaoke Wednesday's, Hot Body Thirsty Thursday's, Friday & Saturday Dance party beginning at 10pm.
Back to Basic's Disco T-Dance Sunday's beginning at 5pm. Check out our web site at www.clubcafe.com for all up coming events.
- Special Events: Wine dinners and shows are announced on our web site and to our customers via our mailing list. Visit www.clubcafe.com to join our "Club Cafe Members Club" where Members earn discounts and invitations to VIP Only Events.
- Cross Street: Berkeley St.
- Public Transit: Orange line - Back Bay, Exit Orange Line at Clarendon Street exit and go one block north on Columbus Avenue. Green Line - Arlington Street Exit on Arlington Street and walk east to Columbus Avenue. Right on Columbus Avenue, 1 block to Berkeley Street. Entrance is on Columbus Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Primary parking is in the John Hancock Parking Garage, one block south. Enter on Clarendon Street a discount voucher is available on our web page. Additionally, a second open air lot is located diagonally across from Club Cafe. Limited on street and metered parking is also available. Meters in effect util 8pm.
A word from Club Café
This South End/Back Bay restaurant located in the Landmark Pledge of Allegiance Building, has been serving excellent American Cuisine since 1983. Free live nightly piano & vocals entertainment mix with excellent dining by Chef Luis in a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. This recently remodeled restaurant, provides some of Boston’s best dining values.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club Café reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)special occasion (10)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A cabaret/dining meccacrobDined on 10/6/2014The Napoleon Room at Club Cafe is simply THE best place to go for great dining and cabaret entertainment in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With a Twist show is great!foodivaDined on 10/4/2014Those boys can really sing! The drinks and food took forever though!Special Features:
- shining serviceDan4thDined on 9/26/2014Hadn't been in years, and was pleased to be reminded that the space is comfortable and attractive, the food is delicious, and the service is spectacular. Had a great meal and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceFairDined on 9/14/2014I would recommend this place! We had a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun!FundiningDined on 8/27/2014We went for an early dinner during restaurant week and ended up staying for hours as the whole experience was great fun! Food was very good, especially for restaurant week - lobster mac and cheese. Desserts were all delicious! Service was exceptional - waiter was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. He didn't rush us and made great drink recommendations! After dinner, we were entertained by a wonderful piano player. He was so entertaining that we ended up staying for karaoke. Many of the other patrons were "regulars" and my impression is that, on your second visit, you would become one of those regulars as it was a truly welcoming and fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre, apres, anytime!HUNGRYTHEATREMAVENDined on 8/16/2014CLUB CAFE, THE EASIEST AND BEST CHOICE FOR FINE FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT IS ALWAYS A SURE FIRE HIT!Special Features:
- A PERFECT FITHUNGRYTHEATREMAVENDined on 8/1/2014DINING AT CLUB CAFE PROVED TO BE A PERFECT FIT FOR A NIGHT THAT INCLUDES THE THEATRE OR DANCING. THE CONVENIENCE OF LOCATION WAS HEIGHTENED BY THE EXCELLENCE OF THE FOOD AND SERVICE. IT IS NOT TO BE MISSED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 210 reviews are from the Club Café reviews archive.
- Pre-showV430VIPDined on 6/7/2014we came for dinner prior to a show on Saturday night. It was all nice-we were asked if we wanted a quieter place which we did (Napoleon room). Service was good and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun!southshorebostonians2Dined on 5/31/2014We came to see a show, "Divas with a Twist," and to have dinner. We met many fun and friendly people and the servers were excellent. I hadn't been there for years, but will go again at our very next opportunity. Great dinner, wonderful show, great fun! Dancing was a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014performance by John Arcaro and Stacia Kraft was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2014Club Cafe is indeed a neighborhood gem! The open and welcoming atmosphere, the vibrant atmosphere with fun appearances by local stars, the excellent food and interesting cocktails, as well as John's excellent hosting all make for a great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining w/o a mortgage required.DeclineVIPDined on 5/2/2014This casual restaurant has several appealing aspects. It has a set off window area right on Columbus Ave for quiet dining. It has piano jazz offerings at least on Saturdays. The food is delightful and moderately priced. Dinner with a glass of wine runs in the $35 - $40 range with almost no exceptions. It is low key and not pretentous (as its neighbor,Mistral, has (at least in the past) a tendency to be. The place is an easy walk from Copley Price and from the Lyric Theatre. I would recommend and have recommended this restaurant to a number of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightKistianDined on 4/25/2014Great night eating and listening to carol O'Shaunessy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchDiscobDined on 4/20/2014This is our third time coming to Club Cafe for Easter Brunch. The food was delicious with a lot of variety. People were somewhat crowded in which I think is to be assumed for a holiday brunch, but it was a little more noisey than usual. The food, however, was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had a greatWiniVIPDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I had a great time, the food was wonderful. Will go backSpecial Features:
- Comfortable and easyBostonloverDined on 3/16/2014Great food, fun atmosphere, entertainment available, vibrant bar scene.Special Features:
- Cabaret and chocolateOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/3/2014I celebrated my birthday at the Club Cafe. Everything went smoothly from the moment we walked in and were seated immediately until the time we left after a leisurely dinner with a wonderful chocolate cake for dessert. The server was attentive but not intrusive. The food excellent. The cabaret delightful. After the show, the artist came around and chatted with the patrons. I sought her out, because I was so impressed by her presentation. She chose songs that were from the great American canon, but not all the songs were cliches that I'd heard countless times. My friends and I loved everything about the evening. It is a wonderful venue to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fair to good experienceFairDined on 3/2/2014generally not a big fan of buffets but this was fair to good overall experience, especially for the money it was a good value.
- After all these Years, ConsistencyUncleHalDined on 2/28/2014Club Cafe is not necessarily the place you go to for a special occasion, but the food and service are consistently good. Whether you order the lobster mac-n-cheese or a turkey burger, you won't be disappointed. My lobster roll was exactly what I was looking for on a recent Friday night visit. Our server (can't remember his name, but he said he was Yugoslavian) was attentive, friendly and helpful. I left Boston 22 years ago, and it was nice to come back to a familiar scene. Hopefully it won't take me another 22 years to return, but if it does, I hope Club Cafe will still be there for some good comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even The Oscars!SouthyDined on 2/28/2014Wonderful experience with great food, friendly, efficient staff, super entertainment, generous drinks! And on that special night, the Oscars all around!Special Features:
- Bad HostAafrankeVIPDined on 2/21/2014Food and service were very good. The host (Maitre'd) was rude and gruff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nachos and Hummus plate fedFoodPornBostonVIPDined on 2/20/2014Nachos and Hummus plate fed 5 people and Perf for apps before a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Meet, Greet and EatGJGBMDined on 2/14/2014The Napoleon Room is perfect for those who want a slice of NYC. The food, service and entertainment made it an overall perfect dining experience and perfect for Valentine's Day. Might even consider making it a Valentine's Day tradition. Please, please never close!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines NightFBscoutDined on 2/14/2014They had a set menu or you could order off the menu, price was great and the food even better. The service was outstanding. We sat in the piano section and the music was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Good food but disappointed in the fact that we had to sit in the cool sunroom because our reservation was not found. I have proof that we booked through OpenTable.Special Features:
- good music good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014Went specifically to hear Kristanthi Pappas in the Napoleon Room, but made it a dinner date with my husband. The wait staff were all welcoming, the service was great, food was good and the music was super. The space was intimate, a perfect venue for listening because a set of doors closed it off from the rest of the restaurant. Everyone there was there to hear the music, but the atmosphere was relaxed enough to allow for quiet conversations. Krisanthi performed all requests, and encouraged people to sing along. My husband and I even got to waltz as Krisanthi honored our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodannedDined on 1/6/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how good my meal was: cod- perfectly cooked as were the vegetable sides. Very good food. good martini, also. Servers: very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS FOOD AND GREAT MUSICMMBostonDined on 1/2/2014Who could ask for me. My favorite place in Boston. Different piano players every night and open mic with some great talent. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013My girlfriend and I had dinner here on New Year's Eve and loved it. They had a special menu as well as their regular menu and you had the option of either. Food was delicious and the service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for us localsStaceyjolieDined on 12/19/2013Didn't get table we wanted in beginning but was offered a table close by till it came available. Great night! Food service awesome..Special Features:
- A Great Place to Wine and DinePatiDined on 12/15/2013I enjoyed the atmosphere, location and service at the Club Café. The food was very delectable and enjoyable. The atmosphere was energetic and enticing. I wanted to get up on the dance floor to dance :). Mixed crowds are a plus. My table was positioned near the window where the view was nice and quiet. I will dine there again soon with some friends. It was a pleasant time.Special Features:
- Fun Place! It's not about the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2013It was not hard to find a table using Open Table, Thank You!. Room was warm and inviting. The host/owner was very cordial and made us feel welcomed. The table was well attired. 10-14 minutes later our server came by to take our drink order. It took a while for him to bring the drinks out but they were well mixed and tasty. The server then took our orders: salads, soups, 4 entrees. The anchovies on the salad were frozen. The other salads and the chowder were ok. unfortunately the entrées were just mediocre: Fish and chips were room temperature, veggie burger and fries room temperature, fillet mignon good, fish plate soggy and room temperature. I still love this place but need to remember to stick to the drinks and bar snacks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Holiday ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013A great spot to meet family for Thanksgiving. Wide variety of options for our family--the vegetarian options were varied and delicious. We highly recommend Club Cafe, and hope to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving 2013 BuffetMannyDined on 11/28/2013Food was good, hearty and varied - good deal for $29.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013Really good food and good prices for the amount you get, but our server was very slow and forgot to bring out our shrimp cocktail altogether which was sad.Special Features:
- Great for pre theaterLbs301Dined on 11/1/2013We eat here every time we go to theater in the southend. Great value for good food. Make a reservation to be sure to be seated in the quieter restaurant section.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively funcrobDined on 10/19/2013Club Cafe (Napoleon Room) is one of the best rooms for varied entertainment and superior dining. The wine list is extensive and the bar drinks hit the spot. Great for a date or bringing friends for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJeleanaDined on 9/24/2013Took my partner out to this place and had an amazing time! Server was very friendly, romantic place great for groups as well.Special Features:
- Club Cafe is worth trying!SFSamVIPDined on 9/1/2013I was very surprised that the food was good!!! I had the steak and I enjoyed it! I would go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a fantastic time!!!DouglasDined on 8/29/2013We went to see Leslie Anderson and Jonathan Tomaselli do open mike and we had a great time. The staff was so good you did not even know they were there. The lamb chops were fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.