Clock Tower Grill
512 Clock Tower Drive
Brewster, NY 10009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clock Tower Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://clocktowergrill.com/
- Phone: 8455820574x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 12pm -9pm
Friday 12pm -10:30pm
Saturday 5pm - 10:30
Sunday 3pm - 9pm
Monday - closed
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday starting at 8p.m.
check out web site for all our upcoming events
A word from Clock Tower Grill
American farm to table. In the setting of a renovated barn, the atmosphere is casual yet sophisticated.Continued
With a awesome patio for outdoor dinning.
See you soon.
With a awesome patio for outdoor dinning.
See you soon.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Clock Tower Grill - Best Restaurants in Brewster ›
Clock Tower Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (16)good for groups (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014I am used to eating out in NYC where you will find great food easily based on word of mouth and find places within walking distance. Well I live in Westchester and only eat in the city on a Thursday or Friday. So looking around Westchester on OpenTable I came across recommendations for this spot in Brewster. A 33 mile drive from White Plains... AND IT WAS WORTH IT! The food was outstanding and is a shining star that represents the best of Hudson Valley 'Country' Fare. Presented by a pleasant and informative wait staff the food is diverse and delicious. Highly recommend for Foodies or that special occasion. Will be back for sure! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Nice Place to Eat!!LPS920Dined on 9/27/2014We went out with our family for our anniversary and it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debsDined on 9/19/2014Just wanted to get out of the neighborhood and found this restaurant on your site. Excellent find and would recommend for friends. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant, excellent foodPBGTOMDined on 9/17/2014This is a gem in Brewster, NY and is in an upscale shopping center. The restaurant itself is at the east end of the shopping center away from Route 22. The service was very attentive and the menu was varied and interesting. Service was attentive, and because the day was sunny and warm we dined outside.Special Features:
- Nice placeJoanneDined on 9/16/2014First time, great service and food. My boyfriend had the steak - he did not leave anything on his plate. I had the shrimp & scallop pasta also excellent. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visittherabyDined on 9/14/2014This was my 2nd time at Clock Tower Grill and while this time we went on a Sunday night when it was very slow and quiet, the food and service were as good as I remembered. I had the Scallops with Cheesy Grits, which was wonderful, and my companion had the risotto which she loved. I had the kale salad to start and it was great. The flourless chocolate cake was very chocolatey but not too rich, as some of those cakes can be. The service was excellent. It was a little odd to be in such a quiet restaurant - I never thought I'd hear myself say that - but it was a good choice for dinner and I will definitely go back. We both throughly enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right In My Own BackyardBrewsterDined on 9/13/2014I loved the contemporary decor and rustic feel of this restaurant-it fits beautifully with the Farm-to-Table approach to the cuisine. The service was impeccable-great suggestions, attentive, and friendly! The food was wonderful-my husband said it was one of the top Tuna tartar dishes he has ever had! I loved the soft shell crab/risotto dish-farm and sea FRESH! A great find, right in my own backyard!Special Features:
- Great experienceJLS1978Dined on 9/13/2014Brought in co-workers for dinner, and we had a great time. The food was great, service was great, and the decor is rustic with touches of whimsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Dining ExperiencefabtimeDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were given a gift certificate to the Clock Tower Grill for our 50th wedding anniversary. We had never been to the Grill but our friend assured us we would be very pleased. And they didn't disappoint. The food was delicious, our waiter was polite and always smiled and made us feel comfortable. The dessert was incredible. We will definitely visit for another fantastic meal in the future.Special Features:
- glad we tried!mamamiaDined on 8/16/2014Was pleasantly surprised to get last minute table. After dining here wondering why it was even possible-this place is wonderful! The menu is diverse and different, a foodies paradise. Everything we ordered was delicious-Lobster Bread Pudding!Yum! Service was excellent. We never felt rushed, were not hovered over waiting for empty plates. Not a huge place so you feel like they pay attention to you. It was our anniversary so, yes, it was a nice romantic dinner! I will go back again and have already recommended others to go as well.Special Features:
- Could be betterLuvRealFoodDined on 8/9/2014First, the staff was great! We had a fussy child with our party and they moved us outside without a blink of an eye. The place is lovely, the outside dining is very pleasant. The food tasted good, but all our portions were very very small. I ordered the duck with grits and Brussels sprouts. I received a scant 3oz of sliced duck breast under about 1/2 cup of sauce (too much for me), about 1/2 cup cheese grits (this was the best thing on the plate) and a total of 3 Brussels sprouts, each sliced in half. Three. Really? I believe this dish cost $25 or $28? I expected more. More duck, more veggies, less sauce. The chicken Caesar salad my bf got was an appetizer size. It all tastes good, but We are underwhelmed due to portion size (& sauce).Special Features:
- The Clock Tower Grill is the Joint!TLOMDined on 8/8/2014The Clock Tower Grill is a great restaurant because they are always checking up the menu with new and innovative selections. Never a stale menu!!!!! The food is awesome, the service is impeccable and the Beer and wine selections are perfect for pairing with the food choices on the menu. Check them out, you won't be sorry you did!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had a delicious dinner outside and enjoyed listening to a singer playing guitar.Special Features:
- Great local placedentaldanVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great food, fresh ingredients. Brought my two young kids and it was great for them too.Special Features:
- Better for brunchButterfleyeVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been here a few times - went here first on Mother's Day for brunch and were blown away - the service was outstanding and the food was tremendous - great spins on comfort food, in a picturesque setting. When you sit outside, it's quiet, and you overlook the adorable Clock Tower Grill garden. We went back for dinner some weeks later and were less impressed, but would still go back - Everyone is allowed an "off" night, coupled with the fact that it's hard to find local eateries that are a LITTLE fancier than some of the burger/pizza joints around us. But there are some dishes that we would absolutely order again, and some that we might skip. But we would go back for the setting alone - adorable, romantic, and the service is always great!Special Features:
- AwesomeJanetVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service. Cant cook a better meal at home, Staff and Chef Owner are really friendly and you feel like part of the family. Night music is nice and so are the outdoor films. Love that they participate in local events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014A group of us sat outside and listened to the band during dinner. The band was great as well as the food. We would go back in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We've been to the Clock Tower Grill half a dozen times, and have never been disappointed! The menu is phenomenal, the atmosphere is welcoming, and the staff is exceptional. I am NOT a "foodie", but was encouraged by my foodie friend to be adventurous and try some of the more exotic (to me) offerings. Wow, what a great idea! This last visit was for one of their 'Special Events', a 'Clam B Q' outside in the courtyard. The atmosphere is totally different, but the food and personality is still there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerlggonzalDined on 7/22/2014Helpful staff, nice atmosphere, and delicious food. My wife and I had the bacon, tuna tartare, truffle fries, scallops, the rib eye steak, and the chocolate creme brulee. We wanted to try everything but the budget did not allow it. We'll definitely be back. Great find in Brewster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemLizzieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Was there when they just opened for the day so there wasn't any other customers but the food was great and very upscale for the area.Special Features:
- Another great meal, service hiccupKitchenInsiderDined on 7/15/2014Another return visit, another excellent meal with delicious cocktail creations, but more minor service issues. We love how Clock Tower keeps adding creative and yummy new menu options (yay Chicken Fried Rabbit and Waffles!) to complement our old favorites. The cocktail and craft beer menu rock. Our only (continuing) constructive criticism is over the service. First, there is no continuity, as orders are taken and served by seemingly the entire staff. Next, after food is served, there is no follow-up to see if there is a problem, or something is needed, or even to fill a drink order placed with the entrée. Clock Tower needs to educate its servers a bit better, and have one server with ultimate responsibility for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2014Relaxing atmosphere and great food and service. The menu offers a good variety of food and draft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviews led me to expect betterJoanWDined on 6/21/2014We dined outside on a beautiful night, and the service was very good. The food, however, was ordinary and both our dinners arrived just warm. My husband said his pasta dish was tasteless. My scallops were very good as was the asparagus accompanying them. I had asked for the mushroom sauce on the side because I didn't want to spoil broiled scallops that way. I am glad I did, because the sauce was thick and too overwhelming for the scallops. The bread and butter were good.Special Features:
- First time at ClocktowerEdandmarjDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the Clocktower Grill. The service was excellent. The food was superb. I had skirt steak. I asked for it medium and it was perfect. My wife had the duck and it also was excellent. We also shared calamari between 4 of us. It was lightly breaded and very tender. Shared a beet salad between two of us. It was very tasty but it would have been better with some goat cheese. I also had the cold beet soup which was fantastic. Last but not least we all shared a chocolate brownie with sea salt caramel gelato. That was a delightful way to finish the meal. And the special drinks were excellent as well. I had sweet tea martini. My wife had strawberry ice pop prosecco. Both were excellent. It was a fun time for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good dinning experienceablegramVIPDined on 6/7/2014this was my second attempt to dine here. I tried to "walk in" without reservation but place was packed and I was told that there was a one hour wait. I used opentable this time and there was no problem. The meal and service was very good. I had an opportunity to speak with the chef and learn more about the restaurant. I ordered the kale salad which was very good and the bacon and deviled egg appetizer which was good (the bacon was a little too fatty). For main course I ordered the Lamb Chops which were EXCELLENT but quite a bit (I took home half) and I ordered the duck which was interesting and I liked it very much. Very different from any duck that I have had before; it tasted more like ham. I recommend the dish and the restaurantSpecial Features:
- The following 100 reviews are from the Clock Tower Grill reviews archive.
- Lovely Evening!KCratesDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I, along with another couple, thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Clock Tower Grill. The food and service were excellent. My husband loved his steak and the fish/scallop entrees were impressive -- as was the excellent desserts! The potatoes -- whether mashed or fried -- were fabulous We will return!Special Features:
- luvlabsluvlabsDined on 5/24/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant, so I'm not sure how I would specifically recommend it other than that there is a nice outdoor dining area. Slightly rustic, hip, decor and a very relaxed ambience is perfect, and the servers were friendly and professional. One person in my group said his rib eye steak was over-cooked and had a lot of gristle. Another had the veal porterhouse which was a very small portion for a $30 cost. The short ribs were delicious. I would go back and try this restaurant again, perhaps for lunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Time Was Had By AllNancyJaneDined on 5/20/2014What a delicious meal! My partner had the duck and I had the most fantastic steak, a rib eye. It was tender and had a wonderful flavor. My meal came with a popover, something I'd never had before but wanted to try. It was terrific! The service here was quiet and unobtrusive and perfect. Alas, when time for dessert presented itself, we hadn't any room left. What a great dessert menu they have - next time, we'll get desserts to go! Why not?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findDancenfunkerVIPDined on 5/11/2014We happened on this gem by accident but glad we did. Although the service was less than perfect, the food tasted great & so were the drinks. The setting lacked ambience due to its location. It was eerily quiet around the restaurant on a Sunday for early dinner (it's surrounded by offices which could explain it.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014We tried this place during Restaurant Week and had a great experience. We decided to go back on Mothers Day and had just the opposite. Our food was disappointing and service even worse. Our waitress was slow and inattentive. With each mistake made, she blamed and bad mouthed others rather than taking responsibility. My daughter ordered seared tuna which was overcooked and tasteless, with none of the sauce promised on the menu and the wrong side dish. I tried the quail which was rubbery and had a sauce that tasted like it came out of a can. Although we ordered a delicious sounding dessert, we ultimately cancelled the order after waiting way too long for a chance to try it. The best part of the meal was the grilled romaine salad.
- Dinner experiencefridaynightsDined on 5/2/2014when we got to the restaurant we asked to do seperate checks for 4 couples, we were told NO! If we did not have to wait for another couple, we were going to leave. We also had to wait 1 hour for our food. I don't know if we will come back.Special Features:
- Extremely pleasant surpriseFroedeVIPDined on 4/17/2014We were visiting family and were looking for a last minute date destination. We didn't want to go far so picked the Clock Tower Grill. We didn't have big expectations from this place in an office complex. Excellent food, very friendly and knowledgable service made a great experience. Looking forward to taking advantage of the outdoor dining for lunch when it gets warmer out.Special Features:
- highly recommendeddeedeeDined on 4/13/2014Organic food is important to me, although not everything i wanted was organic, the organic selection was more than satisfactory and i was able to easily choose. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the selection, courteous and friendly. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...winetimeVIPDined on 4/11/2014We had dined here using a $50 voucher that used from all my points from opentable.. and was really disappointed that I used it here! The restaurant is maybe 70% there.. I see what they are trying to do, but they just arent there yet. I had some kind of lobster bread pudding appetizer and it was honestly terrible. It was these 2 or 3 small slices of condensed, spam-shaped food. I then had the duck spring roll, which was ok. I then mistakenly ordered the duck entree, which was the same smoked duck they used in the app. The only difference was that in the app, the duck was chopped in slices and the entree, the pieces were whole. The duck also tasted like it was pre-packaged. They bread was displayed nicely and i liked the butter.
- Satisfied!!! Definitely a gem!!AVIDDINERDined on 4/10/2014When I found out that the wine pairing for a good cause was at the clock tower ,I was ecstatic!!! I have eaten here before and remember a wonderful ambience as well as fantastic food. And as expected was delivered... For the wine pairing The table was neatly set and my glass was filled upon arrival . My boyfriend is allergic to lobster and we only let the restaurant know this as they were serving the lobster pudding, within moments they had a perfect match for the wine we were drinking that complemented the meal perfectly. The restaurants staff was very friendly and accommodating. This restaurant is definitely a gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findgranpakavoDined on 4/5/2014Family celebrating two birthdays, 10 in all, had a very enjoyable experience. Definitely recommend and we will return for another dining expericnceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentPhilDined on 3/28/2014The best place in Brewster.The secret is out. The Only place in Brewster to get Organic food in a great atmosphere.Diner was excellent my compliments to the chef .The service was great and the price reasonable. PhilSpecial Features:
- Another really good visit (mostly)KitchenInsiderDined on 3/23/2014We been to CTG many times and always enjoy the food. The only difficulty we usually have is in deciding what to order from the wonderful menu. Our trip during Restaurant Week was no different, with a great selection on the prix fixe menu, and respectable sized portions. The craft beer selections are always outstanding. Service was good, as usual, with one disappointing hitch during dessert. Overall, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2014We decided to try this place during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. We had never heard anything about it before, had no recommendations from anyone we knew, but it looked good on line. I'm so happy we took a chance. We like everything about it. The menu is interesting, the food preparation is terrific, our server was excellent, and everything was absolutely delicious. Even the butter for our bread was exceptional. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekLove2DineDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I found this restaurant during HV restaurant week it exceeded our expectations and although there's always room for improvement (food cold, server not so friendly) we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.