Clock Tower Grill
512 Clock Tower Drive
Brewster, NY 10009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clock Tower Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://clocktowergrill.com/
- Phone: (845) 582-0574
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 12pm -9pm
Friday 12pm -10:30pm
Saturday 5pm - 10:30
Sunday 3pm - 9pm
Monday - closed
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday starting at 8p.m.
check out web site for all our upcoming events
A word from Clock Tower Grill
American farm to table. In the setting of a renovated barn, the atmosphere is casual yet sophisticated.Continued
With a awesome patio for outdoor dinning.
See you soon.
With a awesome patio for outdoor dinning.
See you soon.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Clock Tower Grill - Best Restaurants in Brewster ›
Clock Tower Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (20)special occasion (20)great for lunch (18)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Gem in BrewstervetnvildDined on 11/15/2014We had no idea this place was here, and we're astonished when we walked in and found it packed. The food was spectacular, the wine list limited but adequate, and other than waiting just a bit too long for bread to arrive, the service was efficient and professional. Definitely headed back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodNico9300Dined on 11/15/2014Went to this restaurant after reading a feature in Westchester magazine. We went on a saturday night and the place was crowded which i saw as a positive. To begin, service was poor. They needed more wait staff for a saturday night with full tables. We had to ask for bread service and we saw our waitress once. Ok, so i chalked it up to a busy night, the food will be good....NO. Food was totally mediocre for all three diners at our table. Had the short ribs. They were okay but so bland. No creativity, just short ribs with mash. Maybe ad some borbon sauce, I dont know buts something please! Wife had pork. Totally blah. My duaghter had a veggie burger which she said was okay, very beany but for $14. Come on!! Would not recommend. Too bad, brewster doesn't have much on the restaurant end so was hoping this would stem the tide. Spend another 20 minutes in the car south if you want to spend $120. You may be able to get away with Kittle House if you sahre an app. Believe me NO comparison to this place!
- Worth the priceeggsVIPDined on 11/15/2014Priced as most restaurants in this area but unlike a lot of them , you walk away feeling it was worth it. Some funky dishes, like Cavatelli with butternut squash, raisins, nuts and ricotta was hearty and short ribs, tuna and steak, all hot and fresh. Ricotta and honey on crostini for app was delicious. Desserts small but plenty of choice and you are full anyway.! Drinks and local beers are interesting and very strong. Beware of that and enjoy. Gets a bit noisy, especially in bar area but was not a problem for us this night . All personnel were friendly and knowledgeable. Only comment: a couple dishes came out way later than others, and bus staff much too quick to pounce to clear. Go here. It's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will return after restaurant weekBeryDined on 11/14/2014After reading a review some months ago, we intended to trek from Mahopac to try Clocktower. Restaurant week provided incentive. The three of us enjoyed our selections from the special menu: Appetizers were yummy - my Butcher Block had two types of cheese and two types of sliced artisan sausage with whole grain mustard and fig jam dunks. The grits with shrimp were delicious. Main entrees of lobster Mac and Cheese, and Shortribs were perfectly seasoned and moist in their lovely sauces. The lobster and Brie sandwich was a miss but the shoestring fries and argula salar sides were very nice. Homemade desserts, Brownies with vanilla ice cream, Apple Crumble, and Toffee sticky pudding with butterscotch ice cream were a perfect ending to a lovely lunch. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch timehappyrn7Dined on 11/13/2014Food was only moderate in taste and portions were small even for lunch. There appeared only one waitress for the entire place and although she was pleasant and efficient, she was overworked and service was slow. At this place, it was more about getting today with the other 8 women and catching up, then the food.
- Exactly what I wantedsporcfishDined on 11/11/2014I went to Clock Tower Grill for the first time this week for their Hudson Valley Restaurant Week menu, and it did not disappoint. The food is incredible-- seems like they start with quality ingredients and make the most of them. I highly recommend the duck and the cheese and sausage plate in particular.Special Features:
- Loved it!!LaineyjaneDined on 11/11/2014We went during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We live 10 mins away in Patterson and didn't know this place existed, but we sure do now! We went for lunch and the portions were large enough, I think, to be from the dinner menu. Shrimp and grits appetizer was delicious, as was the lobster mac and cheese. My husband loved his Thai shrimp salad as well. We will definitely be returning, hopefully soon!!Special Features:
- Clock Tower GrillRWFoodCriticDined on 11/9/2014The lighting was low, hard to see the menu, but we could see the food well enough. The servers were outstanding. The pumpkin gnocchi was very good. The butcher's block had sliced pork sausage for its meat, a couple of small pieces of cheese, mustard and compote, with 3 slices of toasted bread. It was different and tasty. Short ribs, the meat was very tender, the mashed potatoes excellent as well as the caramelized carrots. The meat was braised in bourbon, and it lacked flavor. I much prefer red wine. The perogies were very good and the caramelized onions were excellent. The sweet apple sausage, was a mixture of bbq meat and apples, interesting combination, but not too appetizing. We all had a different dessert and they were all delicious.Special Features:
- live2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We've had several wonderful meals here with great service. The menu has just enough choices for seafood and landlubbers alike. Scallops are amazing and the pork shank falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.Leave room for desert as there is always something yummy! Their craft beer selections are very complimentary to their food. Prices, portions, quality and atmosphere make this restaurant a winner.Special Features:
- Nice hidden gem!CTMomDined on 11/8/2014Clocktower Grill is a great little place. The menu offers a nice range for everyone - seafood, meats, vegetarians and kids! The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and the ambiance is very cozy.Special Features:
- very goodExcellantDined on 11/8/2014Dinner was enjoyable the chef had some usually dishes and quality was very good. The service was lacking, waiter staff was not attentive nor did they check in to see how you meal was going or if any thing else was needed. We had to ask anyone who went by for wine list, coffee and just didn't feel welcomed.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent and so was the service, although The food could have come out at a more leisurely pace. That being said, it was restaurant week so that may explain the hurry in serving. The only complaint is that it is so dark that I needed a flashlight to read the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Treatjjrm699Dined on 11/7/2014We decided to try the Restaurant Week at Clocktower and were very pleasantly surprised. We thought the menu would be something other than the many wonderful selections Clocktower normally offer. Side-by-side with the menus, we could see they were all on the regular menu and our choices were superb. The desserts were fun as well, and proportioned very nicely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Pretty good food. Thought it was five course meal for restaurant week based on their menu, but it was only three courses. Service wasn't great - our waitress was a little rude. I don't think I would go back.Special Features:
- Tucked Away, Neighborhood GemRBUluvsfoodDined on 11/7/2014Good food, & service. Excellent bread/butter. Shrimp & grits outstanding. Scallop & Grits excellent. Apple crisp disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loopyDined on 11/6/2014Enjoyed lunch so much that returned the same week. The sticky toffee desert was amazing! Definitely will be back again.Special Features:
- better experience previous visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Busy at 8:00 p.m., but not crazy. Our waiter kept attending the table next to us who already had their food, but we were feeling pretty invisible. No acknowledgement/eye contact that we were even there, no water brought to the table, etc. After 10 minutes he came to get our drink order, no water, no bread yet on the table. Ticket time for drinks was about another 8 minutes, food was about 15 minutes after that; still no bread or water. The bread arrived via the waitress who had her own tables on the other side of the room, about 30 seconds before dinner arrived. I had asked the waiter where they were going to be showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and he said something to the effect of "just go down the stairs". Wrong information.Special Features:
- Good food, perfect ambience.lunchingDined on 10/28/2014The food was very good, and the room small and quiet for talking. Service was good. The portions are somewhat smaller than most other restaurants, but satisfying. There is a garden outside, exemplifying the restaurant's theme of farm to table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like meat . . .HinWestchesterDined on 10/25/2014You will only leave the Clock Tower Grill hungry if that is your aim. The servings of the generally hearty food are substantial. Our server suggested that we might want to order a number of appetizers for dinner and we didn't take her seriously. Fortunately, my entree was just as good for lunch the next day as it was for dinner the night before. I had their shrimp and grits appetizer, which was quite commendable--four very large grilled shrimp on a mound of grits that was impossible to stop picking at. Knowing I had an entree coming was all that kept me from demolishing it. As it was, I barely put a dent in the perogies and sausage. There was one clunker--an overly spiced elk chile but generally, we were happy with the food.Special Features:
- Too DarkHonda04siDined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent but it was very hard to read any of the menus. Glad we looked at the menu on-line before our first visit. Next time we will bring a small flashlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- game dinnergamedinnerDined on 10/23/2014Game dinner was great..food was wonderful. One rec would have been to include something 'green' as well..like a salad.Special Features:
- delicious foodjaypezDined on 10/18/2014The food at Clocktower Grill was amazing. It's a comfortable place with a great ambience. I had the tuna and my husband had the skirt steak and both dishes were delicious. I would recommend this to many people. The waitstaff were all friendly and attentive, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service62rrDined on 10/11/2014We had dinner at the Clocktower Grill this Saturday, 10/4/14, and the food was amazing! The mushroom bisque was so creamy, warm and nutty. The butternut squash and panzanella salad served with the lamb chops was so good - I want to try to make it as my stuffing component this Thanksgiving. The sweetness of the squash coupled with the crisp bread and walnuts was unbelievable. For dessert, we ordered the "cookies and milk" sans the milk, and we received a plate of five of the most wonderful, warm, chewy and crisp pecan caramel cookies. I would buy a box of these cookies if I could! We love this restaurant and always receive good food, but this weekend it was just exceptional. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Nieghborhood GemjoeragsDined on 10/10/2014Pretty much everything about Clock Tower Grill is great. The atmosphere is nice; rustic in a barn-like setting. The staff is very helpful and friendly and of course, the food is fantastic!Special Features:
- A great evening...LivesinabarnDined on 10/4/2014We were a party of four who had not seen each other for a while. We were able to speak comfortably while enjoying our delicious dinners. If you are thinking of dessert ... try the bread pudding. It was amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014I am used to eating out in NYC where you will find great food easily based on word of mouth and find places within walking distance. Well I live in Westchester and only eat in the city on a Thursday or Friday. So looking around Westchester on OpenTable I came across recommendations for this spot in Brewster. A 33 mile drive from White Plains... AND IT WAS WORTH IT! The food was outstanding and is a shining star that represents the best of Hudson Valley 'Country' Fare. Presented by a pleasant and informative wait staff the food is diverse and delicious. Highly recommend for Foodies or that special occasion. Will be back for sure! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Nice Place to Eat!!LPS920Dined on 9/27/2014We went out with our family for our anniversary and it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debsDined on 9/19/2014Just wanted to get out of the neighborhood and found this restaurant on your site. Excellent find and would recommend for friends. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant, excellent foodPBGTOMDined on 9/17/2014This is a gem in Brewster, NY and is in an upscale shopping center. The restaurant itself is at the east end of the shopping center away from Route 22. The service was very attentive and the menu was varied and interesting. Service was attentive, and because the day was sunny and warm we dined outside.Special Features:
- Nice placeJoanneDined on 9/16/2014First time, great service and food. My boyfriend had the steak - he did not leave anything on his plate. I had the shrimp & scallop pasta also excellent. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visittherabyDined on 9/14/2014This was my 2nd time at Clock Tower Grill and while this time we went on a Sunday night when it was very slow and quiet, the food and service were as good as I remembered. I had the Scallops with Cheesy Grits, which was wonderful, and my companion had the risotto which she loved. I had the kale salad to start and it was great. The flourless chocolate cake was very chocolatey but not too rich, as some of those cakes can be. The service was excellent. It was a little odd to be in such a quiet restaurant - I never thought I'd hear myself say that - but it was a good choice for dinner and I will definitely go back. We both throughly enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right In My Own BackyardBrewsterDined on 9/13/2014I loved the contemporary decor and rustic feel of this restaurant-it fits beautifully with the Farm-to-Table approach to the cuisine. The service was impeccable-great suggestions, attentive, and friendly! The food was wonderful-my husband said it was one of the top Tuna tartar dishes he has ever had! I loved the soft shell crab/risotto dish-farm and sea FRESH! A great find, right in my own backyard!Special Features:
- Great experienceJLS1978Dined on 9/13/2014Brought in co-workers for dinner, and we had a great time. The food was great, service was great, and the decor is rustic with touches of whimsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Dining ExperiencefabtimeDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were given a gift certificate to the Clock Tower Grill for our 50th wedding anniversary. We had never been to the Grill but our friend assured us we would be very pleased. And they didn't disappoint. The food was delicious, our waiter was polite and always smiled and made us feel comfortable. The dessert was incredible. We will definitely visit for another fantastic meal in the future.Special Features:
- glad we tried!mamamiaDined on 8/16/2014Was pleasantly surprised to get last minute table. After dining here wondering why it was even possible-this place is wonderful! The menu is diverse and different, a foodies paradise. Everything we ordered was delicious-Lobster Bread Pudding!Yum! Service was excellent. We never felt rushed, were not hovered over waiting for empty plates. Not a huge place so you feel like they pay attention to you. It was our anniversary so, yes, it was a nice romantic dinner! I will go back again and have already recommended others to go as well.Special Features:
- Could be betterLuvRealFoodDined on 8/9/2014First, the staff was great! We had a fussy child with our party and they moved us outside without a blink of an eye. The place is lovely, the outside dining is very pleasant. The food tasted good, but all our portions were very very small. I ordered the duck with grits and Brussels sprouts. I received a scant 3oz of sliced duck breast under about 1/2 cup of sauce (too much for me), about 1/2 cup cheese grits (this was the best thing on the plate) and a total of 3 Brussels sprouts, each sliced in half. Three. Really? I believe this dish cost $25 or $28? I expected more. More duck, more veggies, less sauce. The chicken Caesar salad my bf got was an appetizer size. It all tastes good, but We are underwhelmed due to portion size (& sauce).Special Features:
- The Clock Tower Grill is the Joint!TLOMDined on 8/8/2014The Clock Tower Grill is a great restaurant because they are always checking up the menu with new and innovative selections. Never a stale menu!!!!! The food is awesome, the service is impeccable and the Beer and wine selections are perfect for pairing with the food choices on the menu. Check them out, you won't be sorry you did!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had a delicious dinner outside and enjoyed listening to a singer playing guitar.Special Features:
- Great local placedentaldanVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great food, fresh ingredients. Brought my two young kids and it was great for them too.Special Features:
- Better for brunchButterfleyeVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been here a few times - went here first on Mother's Day for brunch and were blown away - the service was outstanding and the food was tremendous - great spins on comfort food, in a picturesque setting. When you sit outside, it's quiet, and you overlook the adorable Clock Tower Grill garden. We went back for dinner some weeks later and were less impressed, but would still go back - Everyone is allowed an "off" night, coupled with the fact that it's hard to find local eateries that are a LITTLE fancier than some of the burger/pizza joints around us. But there are some dishes that we would absolutely order again, and some that we might skip. But we would go back for the setting alone - adorable, romantic, and the service is always great!Special Features: