78-250 Highway 111
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintacliffhouse.com/
- Phone: 7603605991x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5pm - 9:00pm Sunday-Thursday and 5pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday
Sunset Dinner Special: Daily 5-6pm
Bar: Daily 4pm-9:30pm
Happy Hour: 4pm-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Calvan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private banquet space at the Cliffhouse offers the perfect venue for your next celebration and the flexibility to work within your budget. The Point Happy room boasts large windows overlooking the valley to the mountains beyond. Other spaces within the restaurant may be available to large parties as well, depending on your needs. The banquet menus offer a broad selection of items including the fresh fish and premium steaks for which the Cliffhouse is known. Banquet packages are available and menus can be customized for your special day whether it is a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, corporate event, private party or holiday celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie LaRoach 7603605991x
The historic ranch house ambiance complete with a massive fireplace, expansive windows and rustic beamed ceilings creates a warm welcoming environment from which to gaze at the magnificent mountains, share a meal and conversation and stay awhile. The menu highlights vibrant flavors from the valley along with a generous selection of fresh fish and seafood. The wine list has been thoughtfully chosen to complement the food and provide reasonably priced selections including rare and limited bottles.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- very satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014A friend recommended the Cliff House if we wanted a nice happy hour selection and setting. it was great. I would recommend to others and will certainly go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Our first time here. Not disappointed at all. Very nice and not too priceySpecial Features:
- Very Nice!jonesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was better expected. Great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Later is better!BOS2SANVIPDined on 10/12/2014We made an 8pm reservation through Open Table and found it to be the perfect time as the restaurant was much quieter than during our past visits. It also made for a more enjoyable birthday dinner. Mai Tais were excellent. Started with the baked artichoke but a bit disappointed with very little flesh on the leaves. Decided to have the filet this time rather than the crab stuffed shrimp. Although I chose not to have the sauce, I felt it wasn't really needed as the meat was seasoned and so tender it melted in my mouth. My husband had the sugar-coated salmon (first time) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Dinner was finished off with a complimentary slice of their signature Cliffhouse ice cream pie. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Gem in the DesertbeareVIPDined on 10/12/2014Tucked against the foothills at Point Happy, The Cliffhouse was designed into and up a small mountain outcropping. It's very quaint. Being up on a hill, you can choose between the main dining room, which offers a splendid view of the valley and sunset, or on the outside patio, tucked against the mountain itself. Outside, there is a small waterfall to add to the beauty and setting. The food is fantastic. This trip, I chose the Sea Bass with a sweet glaze over a coconut milk sauce, bok choy and rice. For an appetizer, I had to do their signature stuffed artichoke - YUM, and a delicious wedge salad loaded with blue cheese and sprinkled with tomato bits - scrumptious. To end the meal, a huge "mud pie" that was absolutely heavenly.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverBollig1Dined on 10/12/2014Rib Eye Steak w/mushrooms & Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce was the best steak I have ever eaten. It was prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected yet enjoyable find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Beautiful atmosphere. Great service. Delicious food. If we lived here we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014What a great restaurant. Beautiful inside and out. The service was unbelievable, very attentive. The Wine List is on an iPad, which is a bit shocking, because it does come in a leather embossed menu (bright light when you open!). I had the wedge salad and the crab stuffed shrimp and it was delicious. The touch of curry flavoring on the shrimp made it interesting, and there was some kind of kick in the blue cheese dressing on the salad. It was my birthday, and the brought out a HUGE slice of ice cream cake covered in hot fudge and whipped cream. Overall, an amazing night, and its definitely on my MUST return to list!Special Features:
- The artichokerichDined on 10/11/2014Try the artichoke, you'll never find a better one.Special Features:
- Fun Girls' Night DinnerCkdinersDined on 10/11/2014This was a great place for a girls night out dinner. There was a group of six of us and we were seated inside at a big, round table. Loved the ambiance inside and we were all able to talk and hear each other at the round table. The outdoor patio looked lovely, but it was a little too warm on the night we were there. The food was delicious. We were all happy with our meals and the portions were decent. Someone with a big appetite may want to order an appetizer and/or salad with the meal. The service was very good. Everyone was friendly and knowledgable. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceMerlotlover51VIPDined on 10/11/2014We have heard people talk about the Cliffhouse since we first came out to the Desert. We have driven past it a thousand time always with the same comment"we should try the Cliffhouse". Well we finally did try it and I'm so upset about all the wonderful meals we've missed by waiting so long! We sat outside on the patio for dinner so my rating is based on that experience. I'm sure if you were inside on a weekend evening it could be noisier. They are also known for their Happy Hour and bar so we'll be heading back to check that out for ourselves next visit!Special Features:
- edna0109VIPDined on 10/11/2014We like Cliff house a lot. we tell friend and and dine a lot.Special Features:
- Great foodDarcyDined on 10/10/2014My extended family (5 of us) went to dinner at 7:15 on a Friday night, most tables were full which made for a noisy main dining room. The bar area was full as well so it too was noisy. The food was very good and services was friendly. Have been to this restaurant before and will return, next time for happy hour in the bar area probably because of the price. Will save the main dining room for special occasions. The complimentary valet and birthday dessert were great touches.Special Features:
- coupleluvourpupsDined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed the evening at your restaurant and will put is on our list of places to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for my wife's birthdaySammamish4Dined on 10/7/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and it was perfect. Everything was great from the service to the meal itself. They surprised my wife with a dessert as well. Would definitely come back the next time we are down there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2eatgoodfood2eatgoodfoodDined on 10/6/2014Meals are reasonably priced. Service was outstanding, server really knew the menu. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great place for our anniversaryeating101Dined on 10/4/2014We live in San Diego and went to Palm Springs for a getaway. Heard about Cliff house and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. Great service, ambiance and food. Highly recommend it. I had the Chilean Sea Bass - it was so good! My husband had the ribeye. There was a sauce on it that he felt wasn't necessary, but ate it all. Thanks Cliff house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic viewBevHDined on 10/3/2014We went to the Cliff House on our last night in Palm Desert. Delicious dinner, great service, wonderful scenery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edna0109VIPDined on 9/30/2014Last time we had dinner at Cliff House, open table gave me 1000 points, This time I got 100 points. Cliff House is listed in open table 1000 points rest. What happen this time? I always invite people to Cliff House because this is one of our favorite place. Please advice.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnergeneratesomebuzzDined on 9/27/2014Everything was lovely. Next time I will request to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningHarvVIPDined on 9/25/2014Arrived in time for happy hour in the bar, very rea$onable. Moved on into dining room in time for early bird "sunset" $20 dinner. Seated at requested booth where we could take in the entire room and sunset view. Half rack baby backs and catfish were amazing! Refills on cocktails, wine, water and warm bread basket! Laurie made sure that I got plenty of bacon on my wedge salad. Stuffed!Special Features:
- ALWAYS A PLEASUREEssenguruDined on 9/24/2014We introduced friends to te Cliffhouse and they loved it. We went to the all night Happy Hour and enjoyed the "everything on Happy Hour prices". No gimmick or exclusions. The Fish Tacos was one of the best I tried. The Pasta dish was amazing and apparently better the next day (portions are large). My husband had the Skirt steak tacos and found it seasoned perfectly and yummy. This place never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was a very nice place to go to for our 31st Anniversary. It was quite noisy at first but became better when the crowd thinned out. Food and service were great! They even provided a very nice complimentary ice cream desert for our Anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood!DesertdwellerDined on 9/21/2014The calamari appetizer was great! Very large portion and good dipping sauces. I had the seared ahi which was also wonderful. Hubby had the filet which he said was good but nothing exceptional. Kids each had the rib plate off the kids menu. Nice kids menu for this kind of restaurant. Everything was fairly priced (good value). We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!BOS2SANVIPDined on 9/20/2014Brought out of town guests to our special restaurant. We requested an upstairs table with window, however one not available at the time so we took another one and were seated right away. Still had a view and just missed the sunset! My standby, crab stuffed shrimp was great. They were very gracious in substituting the starch. My husband had the braised ribs, which he said were fabulous, my sister had the rack of ribs that were huge. My brother in law had the lamb which he said was excellent. Only downer was the wait time to place the order (25 minutes) and then receive the food (30 mins). It was Saturday night however. Otherwise, everything was great. Will definitely be returning with our next visiting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CariebDined on 9/20/2014Love it. Always great food, great ambience, great everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.NewbeeDined on 9/20/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner here on Saturday. Prime rib special and the salmon were excellent! Eric our server was perfect, the right balance of attention and service. We have decided to make Cliffhouse our new go to place.Special Features:
- WonderfulWetwoDined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent, wait staf attentive and efficient and the view was outstnding. We could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMaryFredVIPDined on 9/18/2014Management is on duty and omnipresent at Cliffhouse and it shows in the attention to detail.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Nice atmosphere and great food. However, the experience was a bit noisy for the price.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!WineWithDinnnerDined on 9/13/2014We've been to this restaurant several years ago and were surprised that the concierge recommended it. The whole experience turned out to be excellent! The waitress (2nd day on job) was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, wine pairings and had a great attitude. The salad was fresh as ever, had a great dressing, and was served chilled as it should be. I had a NY steak with blue cheese butter, and my wife had the crab stuffed shrimp. Everything was served on time, had excellent flavors and made for a great dinner. The atmosphere was clean, pleasant and calming. The dining room is relatively open and tables by the window are best. New owners have been in place for a few years and have added quality to a building with lots of charm.Special Features:
- Beautiful experienceMarthaDined on 9/13/2014Food is great, dining room is attractive, beautiful outdoor surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealgoodtimeVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed another excellent meal at Cliffhouse. It was pretty noisy however Going again next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine foodMikeTVIPDined on 9/10/2014The Cliffhouse always has great food choices. The calamri was perfect and our enrees were too. The crab stuffed shrimp were very nicely prepared. We were there on a Wednesday night and the wine was half price. We had the 08 Silver Oak and it was also perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulPickyDinerDined on 9/7/2014Third time there, and we were treated like we were long-term regulars! Friendly reception and service, great food, fantastic view - what else should we want? Ah yes, the bar on the way in where they have a hopping happy hour, and everyone is having a good time. Great place, great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to Remember!Gma17Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our 56th wedding anniversary at The Cliff House in La Quinta and it was wonderful. We came from the Santa Clarita Valley, 150 miles away, because we enjoy this place so much and wanted a special night to remember. We were treated like royalty, were not rushed as the servers gave us plenty of time to enjoy our cocktails. When we were ready we ordered our salad and also had time to enjoy it. Some restaurants want to hurry and rush you out, but not here. We were told to take our time. Our entrees were cooked to perfection and then we were treated to a dessert of our choice. We don't get to the desert much anymore but when we do we will go back to the Cliff House. Such an enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a date nightCAfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We had a very pleasant experience with the staff, service and food. From another table or even outside, the view would have been nice too. Definitely recommend. The only portion of the meal I did not enjoy was the creme brulee. If you can believe it, the top was too caramelized - almost burned.Special Features:
- Excellent menu for early birds!oldschoolVIPDined on 9/6/2014The two course special menu served between 5 & 6 is excellent, price wise and with a fine choice of entree's. The only unpleasant experience was their not holding a table in the area I had requested with my reservation. Had a table next to the bar where noise carries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Annie720Dined on 9/6/2014Ambiance unforgettable! Perfect spot for a romantic evening out or just out with the girls for fun! Great food selections!Special Features:
- Second ReviewTomMVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Cliff House, as part of the Pacifica family of restaurants, continues to be a favorite (multiple visit). There are two comfortable newly decorated dinning rooms; we prefer the main room as it is quieter. The menu continues to evolve - getting better each time we visit. We recommend the Catfish and the Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Prices are moderate, for the desert and the higher quality level of the restaurant. The service is excellent - servers are friendly and efficient, and they keep track of your orders and they are knowledgeable about the menu. Wines tend to be a bit pricy, but there corkage policy of $15/btl is reasonable. Try it; I think you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.