78-250 Highway 111
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintacliffhouse.com/
- Phone: (760) 360-5991
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5pm - 9:00pm Sunday-Thursday and 5pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday
Sunset Dinner Special: Daily 5-6pm
Bar: Daily 4pm-9:30pm
Happy Hour: 4pm-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Calvan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private banquet space at the Cliffhouse offers the perfect venue for your next celebration and the flexibility to work within your budget. The Point Happy room boasts large windows overlooking the valley to the mountains beyond. Other spaces within the restaurant may be available to large parties as well, depending on your needs. The banquet menus offer a broad selection of items including the fresh fish and premium steaks for which the Cliffhouse is known. Banquet packages are available and menus can be customized for your special day whether it is a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, corporate event, private party or holiday celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie LaRoach 7603605991x
The historic ranch house ambiance complete with a massive fireplace, expansive windows and rustic beamed ceilings creates a warm welcoming environment from which to gaze at the magnificent mountains, share a meal and conversation and stay awhile. The menu highlights vibrant flavors from the valley along with a generous selection of fresh fish and seafood. The wine list has been thoughtfully chosen to complement the food and provide reasonably priced selections including rare and limited bottles.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- WonderfulNewbeeDined on 11/22/2014The 4 of us had an excellent dining experience. Service and food were outstanding, we left the Cliff House feeling very well cared for. This was our second visit, we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..ChinahandDined on 11/20/2014This restaurant is buily into a rock face, very impressive. We selected the indoor main dining room over the patio dining area. Much better ambience indoors. THe food presentation was very nice. Every item was well prepared. IWhen We visit the Palm Springs area again will go to Cliff Houise again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- millsIllinoisVIPDined on 11/19/2014Always a pleasure to visit the Cliffhouse, it is nice to feel welcomed by the management and staff and the food and wine selections are great. Thanks again for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time won us overGAannivcoupleVIPDined on 11/19/2014Tried it here after learning that Cliffhouse is part of Pacifica group. Wonderful Sunset Dinner, both of us enjoyed Caesar salads & delicous steak. Flavorful, tender, excellent value. Service was also great and we ate outside on patio. It was Wednesday 1/2 price wine night, too. Coconut cheesecake topped off the evening. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2-Course Sunset Dinner a ValuenteeterDined on 11/18/2014If you want to take advantage of the 2-course Sunset Dinner for $19.95, call ahead to confirm the hour it is offered. We dined on Tuesday, November 18, and checked the web site before making on line reservations for 5:30. Instead of 5 to 6, the menu showed the hour as 4:30 to 5:30. Luckily, we were seated a few minutes early, so they still accommodated our orders. The wine menu is electronic--one you peruse on a tablet computer. That is certainly innovative and not only allows the restaurant to maintain a current wine list, but allows the diner to view detailed wine notes. Ad my starter, I chose the Black Bean soup which was served piping hot. This thick soup was flavorful and delicious. With a salad and the restaurant' shot fresh bread would make a light meal Others in our party ordered salads which were large and fresh. Our table had 3 of the special offerings: salmon, short ribs and BBQ ribs. The BBQ was the weak link. The ribs were dry and not very meaty. The accompanying slaw was dressed with a bland oil/vinegar mix. Everyone else was delighted with their food and the two who had short ribs couldn't stop talking about how delicious they were. Service was crisp and efficient. Water glasses were kept full and the pace of service was comfortable. We dined inside, but it would have been a perfect night to dine on the gorgeous patio. If we get to return, we will make a point of requesting the out door dining room One visit to the area provided the opportunity to partake of their outstanding happy hour menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night DinnerGirlsnightoutDined on 11/16/2014Excellent in all areas, the ambiance is fabulous, interior spaces are very inviting, decor is superb! I made a special seating request which was accommodated and the staff actually checked with us to make certain we were satisfied. All in all the experience was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening for just the two of us.RandyVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife's duck was exceptional. The service was very friendly..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedWorldtravelerDined on 11/13/2014It had been several years since we dined at Cliff House and thought a nice meal overlooking the valley would be special before heading back north. We made reservations only two hours before arrival and all time options were still available. We were seated in a back room with loud kitchen noise and a view of only other diners a few inches away through a window. Two other couples were subsequently seated near us followed by a group of 18 for a surprise birthday party. We would gladly have chosen a different place to dine if they would have been honest with us up front and admitted that they were booked up. Isn't that the whole purpose of a reservation system? Since they continued to take walk in customers while we were there it appears that the lack of respect for diners extend to everyone not just users of open table. Of interest is that they had also not bothered to update the specials and happy hour time on open table.
- Perfect ChoiceLexiDined on 11/12/2014I wanted a romantic evening for my special guy to surprise him on his birthday. This was the perfect choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and rushedtravelingdinersDined on 11/12/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. Our previous experience, a few years ago, was excellent. This time we found the restaurant crowded and noisy - the tables were way too close to each other. Also, we felt rushed - the main course arrived before we finished our appetizer. Didn't have the wine we wanted. Finally, the only option for parking is with valet service, something we don't always want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!UsmcfamilyDined on 11/11/2014As always the cliff house is a wonderfull dining experience! We traveled 2 hours to find with them. My husband is active duty military and they comped him an entree of his choice for Veterans Day! The service is always excellent. Ambiance lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimelocalsDined on 11/11/2014Excellent is the one word I can use to describe our dining experience. Service was excellent and staff was very nice and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysMaggieVIPDined on 11/11/2014We enjoyed another great meal at the Cliffhouse. Our waiter Nick was fabulous, funny and friendly. My husband is a Vet and they generously gave all Veterans a free meal on Veterans Day......we'd have gone anyway, but this was really nice of them. We had the scallops and while good, we thought the price was a little high for what you got. We also had the ribs which were falling off the bone tender. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding eveningBobbyDined on 11/11/2014first, let me thank you for honoring myself and the two veterans that joined us! The evening was a great success for us. The drinks, food, service were all superb...exactly what we have come to expect at the Cliff House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding PlacesteveolqDined on 11/11/2014I love this place. The dinner on Veterans day was outstanding. I ordered the Sea Bass and it was cooked perfectly, just the way I like it. All the sides we ordered were terrific. And the desert, "Cliffhouse Pie" is out of this world. The Happy Hour is a terrific bargain. Special drinks and a bar menu at great prices, and as a bonus a great view of the mountainsSpecial Features:
- edna0109VIPDined on 11/11/2014We like to go to Cliff house for their famous Calamari which is our favorie and the drink called Moscow Mule.Special Features:
- jessDined on 11/10/2014Unfortunately after 25 minutes of not seeing wait staff at our table we decided to leave. Have been there before and the food and service was good however it wasn't busy and it was early. This time we came around 7:15 and it was very busy. We didn't want to experience being forgotten all night. I talked to the hostess on the way out and she was apologetic and I believe that this was out of character for Cliffhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being smart!oldschoolVIPDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food and menu. One thing happened, the previous day, they had changed their special priced menu from 4:30 to 6 to 4:30 to 5:30. Three tables of guest in a row complained. The hostess or manager came to the table and said they would honor our dinner orders and made an adjustment on the bill. Very smart and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TDStarDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time dining here celebrating our wedding anniversary. It was perfect! Great service, food and ambiance. Very charming setting. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchMrPickyDined on 11/8/2014Every one from the valet parking on throughout the restaurant make you feel welcome and important! Our waitress (Erin) was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. Our sustenance and beverages were excellent. We had the Sunset dinner specials and were very happy with our choices! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HubzDined on 11/8/2014Ate in the lounge and used thenbar menu. was not great selectionSpecial Features:
- didn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014an old favourite that always lives up to expectations!Special Features:
- Great waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I think his name was Rafael. He was very courteous, friendly , prompt & accommodating. The food was delicious. We love fish dishes @ Pacifica. It is great to be able to have similar food in our neighborhood.MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014One of the best meals ever! We were visiting Palm Springs and wanted a special dinner out, we found it!Special Features:
- Overall a nice settingNorwayDined on 11/1/2014Perfect place to dine on a special occations and or with good friends. A very nice atmospere, with very nice food, wine and services. The valley parking gave good service, no waiting time. A very friendly welcome upon arrival and overall through the stay service minded personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!TampaDined on 10/31/2014Great service and superb food made for a great Friday nite out!Special Features:
- AwesomeMauigirlDined on 10/31/2014Everytime we go to the Cliff House we know that we will have a wonderful meal and the service will be great. Beautiful location and the restaurant is so beautiful and the staff is great.Special Features:
- Great setting and serviceAzjulieDined on 10/30/2014Loved this restaurant! Food and service was fabulous! Unique setting that you do not want to miss!Special Features:
- Our Romantic DinnerThorneycroft61Dined on 10/30/2014My husband and I enjoyed an evening at he Cliffhouse in LaQuinta. It was a beautifully stunning restaurant. We Loved our food! The server was young and knowledgeable about the menu. Our appetizers were wonderful. My husband loved the steak tar tar. The steamed mussels were delicious also! Our dinner choices were the Ahi tuna, and the stuffed shrimp. We were both in heaven. It was a perfect evening and the food and service was great. We will be back!Special Features:
- A Cliffhouse Shout-Out!EJNSK14VIPDined on 10/30/2014We enjoyed everything about our dinner experience at Cliffhouse. The facility is beautiful, has charming character, and the view of the sunset was wonderful! The food and service were were 5 Star! The salmon was perfect! We were there on my Birthday and were treated like royalty, including visits from the manager (a nice personal touch!) We look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationDe11Dined on 10/29/2014Enjoyed the evening, food was great. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/29/2014Where else could you enjoy a wonderful dinner and be sitting next to a moutain. The salmon and beef short ribs are our favorites. We'll be back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one cupmrmrVIPDined on 10/27/2014Food and ambience good as always. Friendly server and food arrived promptly. Two of the four of our party ordered coffee. No one ever came to ask if anyone wanted a refill. It seems to me very good service rating (as opposed to good) assumes this question would be asked routinely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday!MalbecVIPDined on 10/25/2014I took my husband and friends from Switzerland to CliffHouse for his birthday and it was a delightful evening. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We look forward to returning when again in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch a gameFoodiemomDined on 10/25/2014Had reservations for the dining room for 5 people (2 kids). Found out that the USC vs Utah game was on that night. Asked the staff for a table in the bar and they were able to do so quickly! That's great service! Ordered artichokes, tuna tartar, sugar spiced salmon, salmon salad, fish tacos. All were good. The wine list was good, ordered 2 bottles of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Club dinnerMaryEDined on 10/25/2014We are a group of 9 women who have been friends for 45+ years and celebrate each others' birthdays as well as special holidays and events and help each other through tough times. Our dinner for one of our members was excellent and we thank you for helping us celebrate! This is the second dinner we have had at Cliffhouse this year and we appreciate your accommodating us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cliff HouseMaggieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have only lived in the area 2 months and in that time we have been to the Cliff House FOUR times..... The Chilean Sea Bass is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We have been here on many occasions for dinner and have always been very pleased with everything?Special Features:
- Quite a deal!PickyDinerDined on 10/18/2014Great atmosphere, casual and elegantly noisy. Great service, with a smile. And quite a deal if you get the Sunset Dinner (need to be seated by 6pm). The salmon is fabulous. And the Japanese chowder is so tasty!Special Features:
- very satisfiedopieDined on 10/17/2014A friend recommended the Cliff House if we wanted a nice happy hour selection and setting. it was great. I would recommend to others and will certainly go back.Special Features: