78-250 Highway 111
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintacliffhouse.com/
- Phone: 7603605991x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5pm - 9:00pm Sunday-Thursday and 5pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday
Sunset Dinner Special: Daily 5-6pm
Bar: Daily 4pm-9:30pm
Happy Hour: 4pm-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Calvan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private banquet space at the Cliffhouse offers the perfect venue for your next celebration and the flexibility to work within your budget. The Point Happy room boasts large windows overlooking the valley to the mountains beyond. Other spaces within the restaurant may be available to large parties as well, depending on your needs. The banquet menus offer a broad selection of items including the fresh fish and premium steaks for which the Cliffhouse is known. Banquet packages are available and menus can be customized for your special day whether it is a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, corporate event, private party or holiday celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie LaRoach 7603605991x
The historic ranch house ambiance complete with a massive fireplace, expansive windows and rustic beamed ceilings creates a warm welcoming environment from which to gaze at the magnificent mountains, share a meal and conversation and stay awhile. The menu highlights vibrant flavors from the valley along with a generous selection of fresh fish and seafood. The wine list has been thoughtfully chosen to complement the food and provide reasonably priced selections including rare and limited bottles.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Excellent serviceMaryFredVIPDined on 9/18/2014Management is on duty and omnipresent at Cliffhouse and it shows in the attention to detail.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Nice atmosphere and great food. However, the experience was a bit noisy for the price.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!WineWithDinnnerDined on 9/13/2014We've been to this restaurant several years ago and were surprised that the concierge recommended it. The whole experience turned out to be excellent! The waitress (2nd day on job) was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, wine pairings and had a great attitude. The salad was fresh as ever, had a great dressing, and was served chilled as it should be. I had a NY steak with blue cheese butter, and my wife had the crab stuffed shrimp. Everything was served on time, had excellent flavors and made for a great dinner. The atmosphere was clean, pleasant and calming. The dining room is relatively open and tables by the window are best. New owners have been in place for a few years and have added quality to a building with lots of charm.Special Features:
- Beautiful experienceMarthaDined on 9/13/2014Food is great, dining room is attractive, beautiful outdoor surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealgoodtimeVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed another excellent meal at Cliffhouse. It was pretty noisy however Going again next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine foodMikeTVIPDined on 9/10/2014The Cliffhouse always has great food choices. The calamri was perfect and our enrees were too. The crab stuffed shrimp were very nicely prepared. We were there on a Wednesday night and the wine was half price. We had the 08 Silver Oak and it was also perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulPickyDinerDined on 9/7/2014Third time there, and we were treated like we were long-term regulars! Friendly reception and service, great food, fantastic view - what else should we want? Ah yes, the bar on the way in where they have a hopping happy hour, and everyone is having a good time. Great place, great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to Remember!Gma17Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our 56th wedding anniversary at The Cliff House in La Quinta and it was wonderful. We came from the Santa Clarita Valley, 150 miles away, because we enjoy this place so much and wanted a special night to remember. We were treated like royalty, were not rushed as the servers gave us plenty of time to enjoy our cocktails. When we were ready we ordered our salad and also had time to enjoy it. Some restaurants want to hurry and rush you out, but not here. We were told to take our time. Our entrees were cooked to perfection and then we were treated to a dessert of our choice. We don't get to the desert much anymore but when we do we will go back to the Cliff House. Such an enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a date nightCAfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We had a very pleasant experience with the staff, service and food. From another table or even outside, the view would have been nice too. Definitely recommend. The only portion of the meal I did not enjoy was the creme brulee. If you can believe it, the top was too caramelized - almost burned.Special Features:
- Excellent menu for early birds!oldschoolVIPDined on 9/6/2014The two course special menu served between 5 & 6 is excellent, price wise and with a fine choice of entree's. The only unpleasant experience was their not holding a table in the area I had requested with my reservation. Had a table next to the bar where noise carries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Annie720Dined on 9/6/2014Ambiance unforgettable! Perfect spot for a romantic evening out or just out with the girls for fun! Great food selections!Special Features:
- Second ReviewTomMVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Cliff House, as part of the Pacifica family of restaurants, continues to be a favorite (multiple visit). There are two comfortable newly decorated dinning rooms; we prefer the main room as it is quieter. The menu continues to evolve - getting better each time we visit. We recommend the Catfish and the Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Prices are moderate, for the desert and the higher quality level of the restaurant. The service is excellent - servers are friendly and efficient, and they keep track of your orders and they are knowledgeable about the menu. Wines tend to be a bit pricy, but there corkage policy of $15/btl is reasonable. Try it; I think you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewrichardVIPDined on 9/5/2014One word FANTASTIC . Everything was perfect. The food, the service, and less not forget the ambiance. All went into a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great off season!PuckPalDined on 9/1/2014I have been here before, at the peak of the busy season, and though it was all good, I did not return. I did finally give it another try, off season. It was great! It was less hectic, the staff was more attentive, not rushed, never had to look for our server etc.... very nice off season treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cliffs and waterfallsOverkaleVIPDined on 9/1/2014A very unique setting among the cliffs and rocks, and the views from the main dining room were very lovely and worth the trip. The sunset dinner (glamorous name for early bird special?) is a good draw, and the first course salads were very fresh and good. Husband very pleased with skirt steak and the blackened catfish was good, too. A traditional dining room with a nifty iPad wine list at the table (fun!). Wine options were good at all price points. A little more formal atmosphere for birthday and celebration dinners. Menu is pretty traditional with no surprises.
- Great foodMarioVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was excellent and service amazing, great ambianceSpecial Features:
- Evening EnjoymentFirsttimedinnerdinersDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant was hustling and bustling with lots of people in the dining room and bar. Seating was quick, servers were attentive and the food was outstanding. We enjoyed the sole, salmon, prime rib and steak. We also indulged on several of the desserts which were scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarioVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had the prime rib and braised ribs and both were delicious our waitress Randi could not have been nicer. Highly recommend eating hereSpecial Features:
- Great appetizers, excellent seafoodcliffDined on 8/30/2014Oysters, martinis and seafood pasta. Great choice for groups or couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service, viewDesertSpinDocDined on 8/30/2014Food, service, view -- what's not to like? This was our first visit and we are nicely impressed. Our server was superb -- obviously a professional: personable without being obsequious, energetic without being frenetic, and highly knowledgeable of everything on the menu. The manager did a routine stop by -- but made it seem like it wasn't "routine" at all. The food was excellent but not pretentious: prime rib ("amazing!") for one at our table, scallops ("perfect") for the other. The view is one of the best in the valley -- which may explain why the place was packed from the moment we walked in until the moment we left, hours later. This is desert dining at its finest.Special Features:
- Nice location ok foodcrs1Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I had dinner last Friday. our reservation was for 7:00. They wanted to sit us in the back dining room with no view, we said no. Then they found us a table in the main dinning room with a view. The restaurant was packed, it turns out they run a dinner special from 5 to 7. My recommendation would be to make your dinner reservation later to miss the crowd. My wife's scallops were terrible, my sea bass was good. The calamari appetizer was good, one of the dipping sauces was so salty we could not eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditionluvopntbl2VIPDined on 8/29/2014We return to the Cliffhouse yearly for a celebratory dinner with my Mom. We like to treat her to a special dinner at a special restaurant and the Cliffhouse is our restaurant of choice and has been for the last 10 years. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- On of my favorite diniing placesluv2eatDined on 8/29/2014I have been eating at the Cliffhouse for years. Always a pleasurable experience. Their early dinners are delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Needless to say, my whole family loves this place.Special Features:
- Comfortable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We were seated right away at a great table. The view was beautiful in both directions. Our service was excellent checking in with us but no pressure to order. My salmon was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully Better Next TimedesertjewelDined on 8/24/2014We won't give up on the Cliffhouse, but our Sunset Dinner on Sunday was disappointing. Despite request to not overcook salmon, it was still over-grilled. We love fresh 'el dente' veggies, but the green beans were worse than eating fresh beans from the garden. I will count this as just an off-night but will expect more next time...Special Features:
- ConnieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Again a very good experience. I had the salmon - excellent.Special Features:
- Love this placeHarvVIPDined on 8/16/2014We always look forward to returning to this gem carved into the rock. They begin with the best warm sourdough bread basket and the drinks and food are brought out with impeccable timing. The early bird special is truly one of the best meals still available. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceBoza2211Dined on 8/12/2014The restaurant is under the auspices of Pacifica, so the menu is very similar and having dined here before last year whilst on vacation we tried again. The setting is great, the ambience good and the food and wine list whilst a little limited has something for everyone and the portions are BIG, so foodies will love it. We would recommend this place to anyone who loves good food.Special Features:
- Perfect setting ...ArizonaSunnyDined on 8/12/2014... for our anniversary dinner! We were visiting from neighboring Arizona and decided on Cliff House, partly because so many other restaurants are closed during August, and partly based on recommendations of other travelers. We were not disappointed! Beautiful setting, great service, delicious food - and a huge complimentary piece of ice cream pie we split four ways for our anniversary dessert. Our friends paid for my glass of wine; otherwise our check was $55 for two. Not bad for the entire package. Cliff House is a very special place, and we'd highly recommend it - but reservations are absolutely mandatory!Special Features:
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014My husband I went here to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. Every staff member took the time to welcome us and congratulate us on our special day. The food was amazing and the service was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:
- clg588Dined on 8/9/2014It was a perfect evening at the Cliffhouse; The view is spectacular and a choice of two restaurants gives you the opportunity to pick casual dining with great food or more elegant dining with beautifully prepared food. We had excellent cocktails and wines . Our food was fresh, delicious tasting and lovely presentation. Our waiter did not hover, but was there as soon as we needed him and gave us good advice in response to our questions. We had no trouble parking, but if you are concerned, they have valet parking for their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JavierDined on 8/9/2014My wife had the steak, I had the blackened Catfish. Both were exquisitely prepared and presented. They have a large wine list. We ordered a $30 bottle of Merlot and it was pretty good. If you want a really good bottle; you'll probably have to stick to the $50 and up range (of which they have plenty). The ambiance was great; we got a window table facing the cliff which had a small waterfall running down it - very nice, and quite enough to have good conversation without straining to hear. Our server was friendly and attentive; we never felt like we were waiting on anything. We'll be back.Special Features:
- AaronMDined on 8/7/2014We decided to give them a second chance after new owners took over. It has not improved. Attractive setting, though a bit noisy for conversation. Presentation is lovely but that's where it ended. Food was not very good. I had the Crab stuffed Shrimp. Shrimp was obviously pre-cooked and then browned a bit leaving it tough. Stuffing was dry. Vegetables were undercooked to the point that they were not eatable. I can't tell about the rice as there was not enough of it to taste. We are diners who do know the difference and The Cliff House is over rate. We will not return even though it is nearby.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryDmtssDined on 8/5/2014The Cliff House has a unique setting which is great for a special evening and the sunsets are great. Rebecca was our server and did an outstanding job to ensure a perfect night. The food was excellent and finished off with an ice cream pie that was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best salmon everLPtheartistDined on 8/4/2014Salmon is my go to order. The Northwest has the best salmon and places to eat it. I've had salmon all over the country. This was the best salmon dish I've eaten. My plate was completely clean after eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out for the ribsluv2eatDined on 8/3/2014What was a really memorable evening unfortunately went down the drain quickly after ordering these warmed over, dried out ribs. Stay away!!Special Features:
- IllinoisIllinoisVIPDined on 8/3/2014We always go the Cliffhouse and it always meets our high expectations. Great seafood selections and fun service people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, expensive, don't be hungryPKdinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was decent, very small portions so don't come hungry but very expensive for the quality.
- Great managementdiverjpVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter forgot our appetizer and the manager came right over and couldn't have been better. A simple mistake was handled perfectly. If were back in the area we would definetly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.