Cliff House at Pikes Peak
306 Canon Ave
Manitou Springs, CO 80829Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cliff House at Pikes Peak
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecliffhouse.com/cliffhouse-dining-room
- Phone: 7197852415
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Savage
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilties available for Weddings, Business etc.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Eurich 7197852422
A word from Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Best in Colorado Fine Dining. The Cliff House Dining Room has gained national renown as one of Colorado’s premier dining destinations. We are proud recipients of the distinguished DiRoNA Award, AAA Four Diamonds, "Best of Award of Excellence" Wine Spectator Magazine and "Unique Award of Distinction" from Robert Parker's Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Our wine list is the largest in the Region with over 800 offerings. Led by our visionary Executive Chef Scott Savage, our elite culinary staff will astound your senses with a creative symphony of tastes, smells and textures. His award winning dishes will amaze you with their modern twists combined with his fearless utilization of cross-cultural techniques and fresh Colorado ingredients. For "foodies", gourmets, aspiring cooks, and even master culinarians, Chef Savage also offers ground-breaking weekly episodes of his Internet show, "The Savage Kitchen". In this innovative show, Chef Savage will walk you through his favorite recipes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cliff House at Pikes Peak - Best Restaurants in Manitou Springs ›
Cliff House at Pikes Peak reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (52)romantic (49)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (22)scenic view (17)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (10)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Beautiful special effectsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Happy Anniversary written in chocolate around dessert plate was a perfect finish to a romantic evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner at The CLiff House. The service was spectacular, the food delicious and the atmosphere was charming.Special Features:
- Quality Reignsvindetable44Dined on 8/17/2014Back for dinner after a gap of about a year. Good to see the maitre d' still there. Dining room retains all of its charm. The staff is attentive and eager. The food remains among the best in Colorado Springs. I had the chateaubriand, and the meat was perfect, with a wonderful reduction sauce. So tender the knife was unnecessary. Another in our party had the elk chop, and loved it. Someone else had the bass and rated it good but rather dull. My only disappointment was the Caesar salad; the chef sears the romaine. That adds nothing and makes the romaine rather limp, and increases the bitterness. Terrific wine list as always. A last bottle miscue was handled by a complimentary half bottle of another similar wine. Classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Quiet, formal setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. We did not know it was formal dining. We felt slightly out of place with a two-year old and didn't know some of the etiquette of formal dining. Our waiter did bring out a cup of fruit right away to keep my niece occupied which was thoughtful. It is a better date night or quiet, adults, wine-night out. Food was expensive but worth it for a special occasion. The lobster bisque and potato leek soup were both very good. The lamb and beef steak were okay, the bass was very good and the elk was excellent. Everyone at the table liked the elk steak the best. I would highly recommend it. Overall, too refined for the environment we were looking for that night but would be great on a different night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality2beenthereDined on 8/11/2014The quality was okay. The food, Elk I have had prepared better. The dessert was okay. The lemon was wasn't of great tasteSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent food and the service was just as good. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic; great wine; skip the mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing wine selection, great staff/service but food was nothing to write home about; definitely overrated.Special Features:
- Nice Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We booked a room at the Cliff House for our 10th wedding anniversary, so we chose to eat there as well. Our food was very good, though the starter we ordered was not the one delivered to our table. The mix-up was ok, but wasn't really anything special and the intended dish sounded preferable. When making our reservation, we did mention that it was our anniversary, which the host mentioned, but beyond that, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I wasn't expecting anything, but a table with a view, or in the corner would have been nice, rather than smack dab in the middle of the dining room. Great wine list in a variety of costs. Food was flavorful and well-presented. Overall, it was a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Great experienceGreatfoodDined on 8/4/2014It's pricey but worth it. The food was so nicely prepared and very tasty. Would definitely go again and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cliff HouseShawnaDined on 8/1/2014The Cliff House is Amazing. The food and service is awesome. We love this place.Special Features:
- Delicious foodSkyqueendenDined on 7/30/2014This is a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion. The staff was very accommodating and added special touches to make our Silver anniversary special. If in the area, do consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Loved that this was a fine dinning restaurant with a wonderful view of the history postal office across the street. Great menu options! We enjoyed everything!Special Features:
- A special placeMangeDined on 7/29/2014It is always wonderful to find a beautifully restored place in the heart of an important piece of American history. Those who fought to save this beautiful hotel and restaurant, and historic location and town should get special commendation from us and future generations. The lovely hotel and great food are icing on the cake-not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCOSdinersDined on 7/25/2014We had expected a well-prepared gourmet meal with great service because we had that kind of experience on two occasions in the past few years. This time, however, the salads were especially unappealing and the entrees and side dishes were nothing special. The excessively loud large group in the same dining room required more servers so our service was very, very slow and conversation was difficult. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Oh What A Disappointment.HutchVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our waitress forgot about us...Thought she had partied too much the night before... Our desert was served before our main course... the main course was served after more than an hours wait...cold. My wife asked that her salad and soup be served together but they were served separately... The wine was excellent and served well. It helped me through the comedy of errors. And then the check was brought to us by a man from the bar that had been asked to help out in the dinning room, not our server... though she did apologize a bit later. The bill was adjusted not as offered by the staff (only the deserts were comped) but taked care of by me on the completion of the check payment... What a FIVE star disappointment.Special Features:
- 40yearstogetherDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner here. It was very nice and the servers were very nice to us. They took care of us without being too intrusive. The food was excellent and was the right texture and temperature. I would recommend this historic building to visit while you are in Manitou Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerMattDined on 7/14/2014From our amuse bouche to the elk ribeye to the chocolate bread pudding, everything was fantastic. Definitely a place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKup60Dined on 7/11/2014I had the lamb and was the best I ever had. My wife had the Colorado bass and she loved it but could not finish it because of the large portion. We started with the Cliff House wedge salad and that also was very good. Will return when we get back to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingcbcoDined on 7/10/2014Though the outdoor porch seating was nice, the food was very unremarkable, and for not being busy during lunch, our food took over 30 minutes. The fish and chips were over breaded, leaving very little fish, and very tasteless, and the fries were grease soaked. The lobster bisque was ok, I've had better. The romaine salad was about 3 small grilled leaves plus the meat; would hate to see what it wasn't if meat had not been ordered with it. The burger was ok. For what was described on trip advisor as 4 stars didn't come close to what we were expecting. The restaurant next door looked like it had a much more appealing menu, but we'll never know for sure.
- Romantic eveningwelovetoeatDined on 7/9/2014Our experience was delightful. The wait staff was friendly, efficient and very professional. The food was delicious. We are so glad we chose the Cliffhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis of charmSki4foodDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is a gem tucked inside the tourist town of Manitou Springs. Food was inspired, service was unobtrusive but stellar, and the level of sophistication right across the street from the town penny arcade made this a true find. Would highly recommend for 5-star food and service.Special Features:
- Special placePickEeaterDined on 7/3/2014We were a party of six who first had relaxing drinks in the bar. Then went in for dinner where we were seated at a round table in the small room, perfect for conversation. Everyones dinner was outstanding, and the service was exceptional! This is the perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad vegetarian optionsVegetarian007Dined on 6/30/2014This restaurant has a poor selection for vegetarians. It did not have very good options. The service is great and everyone is very helpful. I appreciated the ambiance and set up. The beet was very good, but the lasagna was especially disappointingSpecial Features:
- Manitou Springs BestwritelarryDined on 6/30/2014We visited several restaurants in Manitou Springs and the The Cliff House was simply the best dining experience of all. great and unique food and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodyummyDined on 6/21/2014The food was so delicious, and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We had our wedding reception at the Cliff House - AWESOME. Every year we return for our anniversary, dinner and stay.Special Features:
- Davidg5Dined on 6/19/2014Fine service and atmosphere; old fashioned and quaint. But the food is way overpriced. Much better food can be had at other local restaurants for less.Special Features:
- WonderfulTahoeGirl4Dined on 6/19/2014We had a great dinner at the Cliff House. We enjoyed the food, the ambience and the wait staff. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The setting is like going back in time to early 1900's with all of the modern conveniences.Special Features:
- Excellent overallKenErieDined on 6/16/2014Menu is well structured, although not lengthy. Ate there twice in 3 nights, both had excellent service, very well prepared entrees, nice selection of wines by the glass. Be sure to have the raspberry souffle for desert. Servie is comfortably spaced out (2 hours for 3 courses), so do not go if you want a quick mealSpecial Features:
- Great Find in Manitou SpringsGreatFoodVagabondsDined on 6/16/2014The Cliff House at Pikes Peak was a great find occupying one of the most beautiful inns in Colorado. The wine list was notable though we elected to choose a local Colorado Malbec from Mesa County which proved wonderful with our pairings. Entrees, salads, and desserts were all memorable and the service was beyond reproach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDanoVIPDined on 6/15/2014Very average overall. For the money, others places are better.Special Features:
- Special place for a big occasion!COnativeDined on 6/7/2014This is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion or a romantic dinner. The service was excellent and the food was out of this world. We dined at the Cliff House on a Saturday evening and very much enjoyed the guitarist, whose virtuoso and varied stylings put our experience over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!bassman52Dined on 6/4/2014Go for the ambiance and the incredible food! Have a romantic dinner! We go every time we're in Manitou Springs and are never disappointed! Everything from appetizers to dessert is awesome! We usually have to make several stops when in town. Maybe for Lunch or Breakfast (buffet is great!) but definitely for Dinner! You Rock!Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesgm3108Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have dined at other 'upscale' establishments, and the Cliff House was easily the best one to date. All the staff was excellent! Each one answered our questions thoroughly and politely. The food was outstanding, our most sincere compliments to the chef. We hope to visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marshallluvgr8foodDined on 5/23/2014We had never been to Cliff House before, and went there for our Anniversary. It was great from the start! The staff was awesome and Chris especially made it better. The food was definitely 5 stars, The Lobster Bisque was the best I've ever had as was the Lamb. Thanks for making our night.Special Features:
- Anniversary loveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014my Husband and I loved the whole experience. The diningroom was beautiful, the service great and the food outstanding all the staff did a wonderful job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.BonteusDined on 5/19/2014We had a family reunion/celebration and everyone enjoyed the ambiance, the location, and most of all the food and service. The wine list (global) was extensive and reasonably priced (covered the range). Wine (white) was served at the correct temperature, not overly chilled! Salads were impeccable, half orders were available on request. Entrees we very good and enjoyed by all. We succumbed to the deserts which were good - especially the raspberry soufflé (20 minute wait). All in all a very nice experience for a family gathering and at a reasonable price, in old Manitou Springs. Setting takes you back 100 years to the golden age of relaxing experiences.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantFabulousRickDined on 5/18/2014I have had dinner, breakfast and lunch at the Cliff House many times since it first opened and I have never been disappointed. This last time I had the best filet mignon of my life, and I am 60 years old. 5 star all the way as far as I am concerned.Special Features:
- wolfermanDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I have been coming here for years to celebrate special occasions (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) and have never been disappointed. We look forward to this experience as a very special event.Special Features:
- WonderfulUSSCDined on 5/13/2014We brought a group in for meetings and stayed at the Cliff House. We had a group dinner there one night. The food was wonderful! One of our guests commented that he would eat everything on the menu if he could, and others agreed. The food is unique in blending some flavors you wouldn't think of, but it is familiar enough to make you feel comfortable to order it. The desserts were as good or better than the main dish! The apple gallette was fantastic. We travel at least once a month for business so we are in hotels a lot. The Cliff House hotel has some of the best service we have ever experienced, at every level. They make you feel at home and make you want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.