824 W. St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clevelandchop.com/
- Phone: 2166962467
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gutfranski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have private dining menus for all occasions. We can also customize a menu for any event.
- Private Party Facilities: The Upper Deck will accommodate 40 guests in a private setting. The Semi Private area will accommodate up to 32 guests. The Old Brewhouse is a private setting for up to 12 guests. The entire restaurant can be rented please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Johnson 2166962467
A word from Cleveland Chop
We are "More Than a Steakhouse" offering a premium experience at an affordable price. Situated in the Historic Warehouse District the Cleveland Chop is located at 824 West St Clair between W 6th and W 9th streets. Be sure to book a reservation for our fabulous Sunday Brunch offered from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm every Sunday. Contact the restaurant for booking private functions, we can accommodate groups up to 100 in several different areas of the restaurant. We are minutes away from downtown hotels, Quicken Loans Arena, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium and the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cleveland Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)romantic (9)hot spot (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Before Browns game place to gorickysVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went there before the Browns game, great brunch, excellent drinksSpecial Features:
- Nice menu, quality foodGettingOldandParticularDined on 9/11/2014Very fresh food at lunch. Quick efficient service. Place seems brighter and more open than The Cleveland Chop House. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Highlight...MsInfernoVIPDined on 9/6/2014CLE Chop promoted "free trolley night" to The Black Keys concert; couldn't pass up the opportunity. Two friends joining us for the concert and we knew this was the place to go to show them a bit of CLE's foodiness. Great meal, Mary was a fantastic server and the trolley ride was wonderful!! My steak was prepared perfect; the salmon was flaky and tender; the scallops were gorgeous and the short ribs were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tj1driverDined on 9/5/2014As always had a delicious meal and very good service.Special Features:
- Birthday celebration dinnerplayhouseConnieDined on 9/3/2014Cleveland Chop did not disappoint. I always loved the old Chop House and was sad that it closed. Hearing that it reopened as Cleveland Chop made me want to return as original chef and an assistant manager were part of the new restaurant. Much of the old wonderful menu remained. We all loved our dinners. We had the gnocchi with blackened shrimp...yummy and tender, the Chop House pork chop which was juicy and perfectly done and the chicken picata which was tender and flavorful. The house salads and Caesar Salad were generous and crispy fresh. All in all a wonderful evening with good service and a very knowledgeable server. It made for a wonderful birthday celebration along with a complimentary dessert. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!JoeSVIPDined on 8/31/2014A great Sunday evening find with excellent food and very good friendly service!Special Features:
- Terrible SetviceHowardDined on 8/30/2014Marissa brought over Bud instead of Bud Light after a period of time. We asked for a glass for beer and that took two requests and 20 minutes.we both ordered 12oz rib eye. Mine was delivered rare not medium and the Mrs was another piece of meat with bone and big. Instead of of asking if we would keep, it took 15 minutes to replace. Our daughters side dishes were not correct as well. Very dark except for 5 inches from table light. Had to use light from cell phone. For a $110.00 you would think our experience would have been better. Must have been an off night.Special Features:
- skip the mashedluvfromcincyDined on 8/24/2014I had the filet, my spouse had the fettuccine - both were very good. I got white cheddar mashed potatoes - they were a bit cool and not so amazing,I wish I would have selected a different side item. Server and hostess were awesome! Would visit again if in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just mehSullyhrDined on 8/23/2014Steak cigar app very tough, French onion soup had a pile of fried onions on top instead of baked cheese...Cesar's salad ok, but nothing special. Service was great....thank you Mary. For the money I would go elsewhere in the future.
- Won't be dining here againFoodieExtraordinaireVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ambiance is nice. But the food is bland and boring. Won't be going back again. Our server was very sweet but she didn't know what mimosas were served or what came with certain dishes. Unfortunately all 4 of us thought our food was bland and boring. We won't be doing brunch with here again.
- Great first time to the chop house!BestCleveSteakPlacePeriodDined on 8/15/2014Went 4 a date nite n we wanted steak. Did a quick google search 4 best cleveland steak houses n the chop house was #1 on the list n rightly so! Best prime rib Ive ever had! Best steak she'd ever had. Waitress was extremely great n even made me a special non pop or sugary drink which was perfect! The place was very nice n u didn't feel uncomfortable if you weren't super dressed up. The prices were very reasonable for the quality n amount of food. That was the biggest 14oz steak I have ever seen, the same with my prime rib! The cheddar mashed were delicious as well. def recommend the chop house 2 every1! W/our 2 meals,n app n 2 glasses of wine it was under 95$ w/out tip. Very reasonable when compared to other steak places around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entree, not so great desserts2aweekdinerDined on 8/13/2014Group of 4 had ok experience, I have eaten at better places for the money. My steak was delicious, but I did pull a long hair off of it. The creme brûlée was runny and the banana cream pie was a thin wafer of pudding with chocolate syrup ribbon. All you tasted was the chocolate.
- Excellent foodRSDDRDined on 8/6/2014Located in great old warehouse type building with high ceilings. Local decor and pictures on wall. Darker lighting setting but nice quaint little light on tables. Service and food were great. Appetizers of stuffed sausage peppers and calamari were uniquely prepared and excellent. Table had the entrees of Shrimp Gnocchi, Walleye, and Swordfish which were lights out. Nice menu of steaks and chops. Prices not as high as other known steak houses in CLE. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBusinessDinerDined on 7/28/2014Had a business dinner on Monday night. Karen was our server and she was fantastic. The food was outstanding and the quality above average. The overall experience was very satisfying. I had the Executive Filet and it was a perfect medium rare. One of my guests had the Pork Chop special and said it was the best meal he had in Cleveland. All my guests were extremely happy with their meals. The wine list was extensive and the ambience was traditional steakhouse. Great night!Special Features:
- Great PlaceBs45Dined on 7/26/2014This was our 2nd time to Cleveland Chop. The food was even better the 2nd time. Great Romantic Date Night.Special Features:
- Amazing steakCKO24Dined on 7/13/2014Brought my father here for his 69th birthday. He was blown away by everything, staff, food and the bullding. The servers even posed with him for a photo with his birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedsaiydahDined on 7/13/2014The French Toast that I saw on the menu online was not on the menu at the restaurant. Also the item that was on the menu I was told was unavailable and the menu had not been updated. service was a little slow and the staff seemed to be busy despite there not being many patrons. I had my leftovers boxed and when I arrived home discovered the fruit was mixed in with the eggs! I was very unhappy with that I hoped they would have put the fruit in a separate container.
- Mixed-Customer Service needs workBarbDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I ate here for the first time during a visit to Cleveland. The waitress was young and energetic, but under trained. She didn't know the menu and couldn't make recommendations. She did not write down our order and had to come back to ask how we wanted our meals cooked. Mine came cooked perfectly, but my husband's prime rib was extremely over cooked. He'd ordered it rare and what he received had been reheated to medium well. The waitress didn't return for quite some time to check on us, consequently I had to eat my meal alone while my husband waited on her return. When the item was replaced the chef brought it out personally, but made excuses rather than apologize. They did attempt to make up the error on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and awesome serviceemsrjsDined on 7/12/2014Alexa, our server, was excellent! The food was delicious! I had the tenderloin tips and it was sooo good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consist service and valueRoadrunnerVIPDined on 7/1/2014I've been here for casual business lunch on a number of recent occasions. Whether you get a tasty salad or a sandwich, you won't be disappointed. Nothing fancy here, but they do have interesting daily specials and great service. Sandwiches and burgers...especially the Cowboy burger, are very large. Prices are reasonable and the food quality is consistent. Great bar too.Special Features:
- Bad and unethicalBestofnewDined on 6/26/2014Stopped in for dinner and wished we had not. Server miss-ordered for my wife and then when they brought her tuna in was frozen and not rare as ordered. Steak I had was fair, not up to other nearby restaurants. Poor choice of chardonnay by the glass for an upscale restaurant, all were bad. However they pulled one of the most unethical things ever done to me. The drink menu said MaCallan single malt was $16 per drink (which is already about $3 more than the competition) however when the bill came they charged $18 per drink. Although when I challenged the manager on the amount he corrected the bill and the extra six dollars could get lost in a check by someone not paying much attention to the details on the bill.
- Great food and great service!KarahDined on 6/20/2014The food was really good! They have a good variety of food for different prices. Our waitress was great as well. I definitely reccomond this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor servicePhxexecDined on 6/19/2014The food was good, we had a variety of fish and meat dishes. The servers were inattentive, we felt completely forgotten. The restaurant was only about one-quarter full so that wasn't the problem. Drinks were slow, one bar order was totally forgotten. What appeared to be a homeless man with a guitar came in and started playing and singing. Very disturbing, we left at that point. Not likely to return.
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Visited Cleveland on a business trip, food was fantastic and so were the waitress'. If you pass this place over you are missing out!!! Great Wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliquisDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Cleveland Chop before, and quite enjoyed myself, but this last time was rather disappointing. The food was good to middling, but the drinks were bad. I love(d) the Chop Margarita last time, but this time our drinks had almost no flavor. We also had to keep flagging down our waitress to ask for things again and again.
- Great atmosphere, food service poorTravelingfoodieDined on 6/13/2014In town for long weekend, reasonable walk form hotel, arrived 20 minutes early for bar but was seated, waitress kept asking us even after we told her we wanted a cocktail first if we were ready to order and ultimately rushed us through dinner, informed waitress that our steaks were cooked opposite no action was taken. Stuffed peppers on apps delicious, steak were excellent cut, cruncy brussels sprouts were tasty!Special Features:
- cleveland chopLeokDined on 6/5/2014Our waitress was brand new, but did excellent job, attentive without being pesky. Food was delicious, prepared perfectly and appetizers were a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant hasn't changed at all from when it was Cleveland Chop "House". The food is just OK and the service is mediocre.
- Absolutely AmazingJoeDVIPDined on 5/30/2014We dined at the Cleveland Chop on a Friday night. The service was absolutely wonderful from the time we walked in the door. Two of us ordered the filet and the order was brought out to perfection – exactly the way we had ordered. The filet was absolutely amazing as was the rest of the food. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and would consider a must-visit when in Cleveland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steak Was GoodMashadecaVIPDined on 5/30/2014It had been a bit since we had been here...it was disappointing as they no longer brew their own beer...when they did it was awesome. Their selection is ok. The steaks were prepared good and the balance of the food was good. For the money-I wished it was outstanding...but we had a gift certificate that had been given as a gift so it made it worth it. Nothing was terrible, the atmosphere was good-but there was only 2 other tables of people there. With so many other Outstanding restaurants around...I would probably go to one of them if I had to pay full price...but if I got a gift certificate again, I would not be sad...I would eat there again.Special Features:
- YummyjcfcvaDined on 5/23/2014We went to Cleveland Chop for our anniversary. We ordered the sampler appetizer. It is easily for 4 people. We shared a wedge salad which was tasty. We each ordered filet's, my wife went for an Oscar style. They were cooked as we specified, medium rare for her, medium for me. The steaks were tender and tasty. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:
- The following 108 reviews are from the Cleveland Chop reviews archive.
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was well worth the price. The hostess deftly had my wife's flowers waiting at the table when we were seated. We had a 1 pm reservation and were seated promptly. Only negative was that the food on the buffet was not as fresh due to it closing at 2 pm. We will go a little earlier next year!Special Features:
- Mothers daymikeDined on 5/11/2014Food was hot and plentiful, lines were short and moved swiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Favorite, New OwnersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014We frequented this place prior to it's current owner and loved it. We love the exposed brick walls and the ambiance. We do miss the house brewed beers however. They kept some of the same menu items and they were good, but not quite as good as the originals. (Maybe it is just the old memories that make me think this). My husband had the beef tips (they were good, but he remember them to be a little different). I had a seafood dish that I did enjoy. We will definately give it another shot and plan to return in the near future. (we do wish they were still brewing beer!!)
- SCOREBOARDDined on 5/9/2014The service was very good. The ambiance is charming. We had four outstanding meals-very tasty with a great presentation. Even the appetizers had a unique taste and flavor. We will definitely return and we have already recommended it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better.AnnieDined on 5/6/2014I asked for a well done steak; I got a medium-rare steak. They took it back, threw it back on the grill, and I got a very charred outside, dry steak in return. If the order was correct from the beginning, I don't think the steak would have morphed into what it did. When I was able to cut a piece off, I almost chocked on it because the outside was so hard. I've had well done steak that isn't like this, so I know it's possible to have it well done, flavorful, and not this dry. The waitress took it away. When she returned, she offered to take it off of the bill. She didn't offer an alternative order (even if I planned on paying for one). Just a weird experience and response. And I was even polite. I'm not one to be all crazy in food places.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014My wife and I had a very nice quiet meal. Lots of good choices, very reasonably priced. The corn bread served with meal was outstanding, When in Cleveland we will stop in again.Special Features:
- 😄😜TyleyDined on 4/25/2014This is the second time my husband and I were here, it is a wonderful place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014I love the Cleveland Chop. I usually am only there for Brunch and as always they didn't disappoint. Great Place!Special Features:
- Better than The Ritz!GNCMADined on 4/20/2014Was really great Easter Brunch! Last year, we went to The Ritz Carlton for Easter Brunch, spent an inordinate amount of money and the food was odd, def not kid friendly food even for those kids that have a broad palate. Cleveland Chop was great! Casual yet a great vibe for a holiday meal. They had so many food options and it hit the spot...tasted really good. I def recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.