824 W. St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clevelandchop.com/
- Phone: (216) 696-2467
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gutfranski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have private dining menus for all occasions. We can also customize a menu for any event.
- Private Party Facilities: The Upper Deck will accommodate 40 guests in a private setting. The Semi Private area will accommodate up to 32 guests. The Old Brewhouse is a private setting for up to 12 guests. The entire restaurant can be rented please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Johnson 2166962467
A word from Cleveland Chop
We are "More Than a Steakhouse" offering a premium experience at an affordable price. Situated in the Historic Warehouse District the Cleveland Chop is located at 824 West St Clair between W 6th and W 9th streets. Be sure to book a reservation for our fabulous Sunday Brunch offered from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm every Sunday. Contact the restaurant for booking private functions, we can accommodate groups up to 100 in several different areas of the restaurant. We are minutes away from downtown hotels, Quicken Loans Arena, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium and the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cleveland Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- outstandingBulletDined on 11/26/2014outstanding service. The best calamari in town. The portions are huge and the prices are very reaonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Our server was great, and one of the other busser/server took the time to take a picture of our group. He was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We truly enjoyed our experience at Cleveland Chop. My boyfriend and I were visiting from St. Louis and had to pick from the numerous options available for dinner. We were very happy with this decision. The food was great but so was the service. Our server Sean was not only attentive and friendly but also gave us great suggestions on things to do while in town. He made our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!CindyfromClevelandDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I went to dinner at the "Chop" for our anniversary. We had never been, but looked like a great place after reading all the comments online. We were not disappointed. My husband loved the place and he's not easy to please. (I loved the place as well). Our dinner was fantastic, we loved the historic pictures, and our server was outstanding. She even surprised us with a warm brownie and ice cream at the end our meal. (BTW- her name is Karen). We can't wait to go back again. :)Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Service and overall atmosphere were good, but the food was just OK. Of the three at our table who had beef dishes, all of the meats were under seasoned, while the sides were way over seasoned. The white cheddar mashed were almost so salty as to be inedible. Apps tasted great, we had the sampler, which was the highlight of the evening for all. Of our group of four, none of us said we'd order our meal again, and none of us were particularly interested in coming back any time soon. We all agreed you can get a better tasting steak at your local Longhorn's, especially for the price.Special Features:
- ExcellentIguanaDined on 11/2/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordablSpecial Features:
- FunLegendVIPDined on 10/30/2014We were in a big hurry and our server was great, the food came out quick and the place has a nice vibe. The shrimp and tuna apps were both great and the steaks are tasty and not over seasoned. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Everything was great. Steaks cooked to perfection. Wonderful service. A very pleasant dining experience. The only not perfect thing...was paper tablecloths. So, almost perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre game lunchokluv2dineDined on 10/26/2014Made reservations for a pre-game Browns spot for a 4:25 game time and it worked out perfectly!Special Features:
- Pre Browns Game FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014The food and service were, as always, Excellent!! Had a reservation and was taken care of in a very timely manner during a very busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014High end steak was cooked perfectly but there was gristle with almost every bite, which was disappointing. Dessert was not offered--we had to request it. There were no herbal teas, just one regular decaf tea. The creme brûlée was overly burnt on top. I really expected more from this place.
- sandyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Everything was terrific. Our server, Sean is the bomb. Everytime we go in he remembers us (hopefully because we aren't pains). He is efficient and knowledgeable about the product and always friendly and cheerful. Dinner was delicious and they are very accommodating to special requests. As a special surprise, Sean brought out a brownie and ice cream with a candle for our birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Out of towndiningoutVIPDined on 10/25/2014I was visiting Cleveland and came across this place. My friend got the salmon and it was so tender it didn't need to be cut it with a knife. I had the pork chop which was a little tough but still very tasty. If in Cleveland again I would certainly concidering going back. Good food for good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahhhh..MiritDined on 10/22/2014It's was fine. Not more. There is inconsistency in the food level: steak was very good, Sea bass was bad and was returned to the kitchen.Got Ahi Tuna instead that again was great. Than Creme Brule for dessert- was just bad: too sweet, burnt Sugar, heavy and just unprofessional. Disappointing. ( I also mentioned we celebrate a bday when making reservation online- didn't get any special treatment , not even "Congrats!")Special Features:
- luvs2eatoutluvs2eatoutDined on 10/18/2014I've been to Cleveland Chop for lunch several times and really liked it. I thought dinner would be a little bit more special. We were there early on a Saturday evening. We ordered the stuffed peppers as an appetizer. Boy were they spicy! That should probably be noted in the description. I wanted a dinner salad before my meal and was told the $5 Caesar Salad was a full size salad. That was disappointing. I had the tenderloin tips which were good but maybe a little rubbery. I was kind of surprised that I wasn't asked how I wanted them prepared. My boyfriend had the cowboy steak which he thought was excellent. We took pumpkin cheesecake home for dessert and ate it alter in the evening. That was really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridayLastMinuteDined on 10/3/2014As always, Cleveland Chop delivered on delicious food, with a pleasant atmosphere. We were celebrating an achievement of our daughter and our goals were: to go somewhere special, reasonably priced, low to moderate noise level, comfortable and yes, great food! Cleveland Chop always delivers.Special Features:
- Great PlaceCLEfoodieDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I have been looking for new restaurants to go to downtown. This place was a good find! Food tasted great and ambiance was very stylish. Will definitely come back again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great price for a steak houseClevEaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014Was there for dinner and on another day for Brunch. Their special that night which was a 3-course that included a steak; under $40! Their cornbread with jalapeno peppers was tasty. I had the pork chop that was cooked perfectly. My dinner guest had the steak which was good as well. And then the sweet potato or pumpkin cheesecake was excellent. Service was great. Between two people, which included alcohol, the check was under $100 easily. On the other day for Brunch, the check for two people was just under $30. At that time I had their Omelet with goat cheese and mushrooms, along with wheat toast & some fruit. Brunch guest had a skillet with perogies in it. Delicious. Restaurant decor of dark wood trim is beautiful. Strongly Recommend.Special Features:
- didoDined on 9/22/2014Service and food were excellent. A great spot to entertaining out of town clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Browns brunch-great food, high costBrownsfan4lifeDined on 9/21/2014I attended the brunch prior to the Browns game. Reservations were a must. It was crowded but we were able to get our food relatively quickly. There were a lot of options with the brunch. Most of the food we tried was very good and fresh. Sticky rolls, mac &cheese & desserts a must try. We were seated near the bar & it was a congested. If I return I would request a seat away from the bar. The service was good. The only thing that would prevent me from coming back would be the cost. I have gone to other brunches and they give you one non-alcoholic beverage each as part of the brunch cost, not the case here. For 2 people our bill was $70+ (no alcohol, only a coffee and orange juice to drink), once tip was added we spent over $80 for brunch.Special Features:
- Before Browns game place to gorickysVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went there before the Browns game, great brunch, excellent drinksSpecial Features:
- Nice menu, quality foodGettingOldandParticularDined on 9/11/2014Very fresh food at lunch. Quick efficient service. Place seems brighter and more open than The Cleveland Chop House. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Highlight...MsInfernoVIPDined on 9/6/2014CLE Chop promoted "free trolley night" to The Black Keys concert; couldn't pass up the opportunity. Two friends joining us for the concert and we knew this was the place to go to show them a bit of CLE's foodiness. Great meal, Mary was a fantastic server and the trolley ride was wonderful!! My steak was prepared perfect; the salmon was flaky and tender; the scallops were gorgeous and the short ribs were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tj1driverDined on 9/5/2014As always had a delicious meal and very good service.Special Features:
- Birthday celebration dinnerplayhouseConnieDined on 9/3/2014Cleveland Chop did not disappoint. I always loved the old Chop House and was sad that it closed. Hearing that it reopened as Cleveland Chop made me want to return as original chef and an assistant manager were part of the new restaurant. Much of the old wonderful menu remained. We all loved our dinners. We had the gnocchi with blackened shrimp...yummy and tender, the Chop House pork chop which was juicy and perfectly done and the chicken picata which was tender and flavorful. The house salads and Caesar Salad were generous and crispy fresh. All in all a wonderful evening with good service and a very knowledgeable server. It made for a wonderful birthday celebration along with a complimentary dessert. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!JoeSVIPDined on 8/31/2014A great Sunday evening find with excellent food and very good friendly service!Special Features:
- Terrible SetviceHowardDined on 8/30/2014Marissa brought over Bud instead of Bud Light after a period of time. We asked for a glass for beer and that took two requests and 20 minutes.we both ordered 12oz rib eye. Mine was delivered rare not medium and the Mrs was another piece of meat with bone and big. Instead of of asking if we would keep, it took 15 minutes to replace. Our daughters side dishes were not correct as well. Very dark except for 5 inches from table light. Had to use light from cell phone. For a $110.00 you would think our experience would have been better. Must have been an off night.Special Features:
- skip the mashedluvfromcincyDined on 8/24/2014I had the filet, my spouse had the fettuccine - both were very good. I got white cheddar mashed potatoes - they were a bit cool and not so amazing,I wish I would have selected a different side item. Server and hostess were awesome! Would visit again if in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just mehSullyhrDined on 8/23/2014Steak cigar app very tough, French onion soup had a pile of fried onions on top instead of baked cheese...Cesar's salad ok, but nothing special. Service was great....thank you Mary. For the money I would go elsewhere in the future.
- Won't be dining here againFoodieExtraordinaireVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ambiance is nice. But the food is bland and boring. Won't be going back again. Our server was very sweet but she didn't know what mimosas were served or what came with certain dishes. Unfortunately all 4 of us thought our food was bland and boring. We won't be doing brunch with here again.
- Great first time to the chop house!BestCleveSteakPlacePeriodDined on 8/15/2014Went 4 a date nite n we wanted steak. Did a quick google search 4 best cleveland steak houses n the chop house was #1 on the list n rightly so! Best prime rib Ive ever had! Best steak she'd ever had. Waitress was extremely great n even made me a special non pop or sugary drink which was perfect! The place was very nice n u didn't feel uncomfortable if you weren't super dressed up. The prices were very reasonable for the quality n amount of food. That was the biggest 14oz steak I have ever seen, the same with my prime rib! The cheddar mashed were delicious as well. def recommend the chop house 2 every1! W/our 2 meals,n app n 2 glasses of wine it was under 95$ w/out tip. Very reasonable when compared to other steak places around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entree, not so great desserts2aweekdinerDined on 8/13/2014Group of 4 had ok experience, I have eaten at better places for the money. My steak was delicious, but I did pull a long hair off of it. The creme brûlée was runny and the banana cream pie was a thin wafer of pudding with chocolate syrup ribbon. All you tasted was the chocolate.
- Excellent foodRSDDRDined on 8/6/2014Located in great old warehouse type building with high ceilings. Local decor and pictures on wall. Darker lighting setting but nice quaint little light on tables. Service and food were great. Appetizers of stuffed sausage peppers and calamari were uniquely prepared and excellent. Table had the entrees of Shrimp Gnocchi, Walleye, and Swordfish which were lights out. Nice menu of steaks and chops. Prices not as high as other known steak houses in CLE. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Cleveland Chop reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceBusinessDinerDined on 7/28/2014Had a business dinner on Monday night. Karen was our server and she was fantastic. The food was outstanding and the quality above average. The overall experience was very satisfying. I had the Executive Filet and it was a perfect medium rare. One of my guests had the Pork Chop special and said it was the best meal he had in Cleveland. All my guests were extremely happy with their meals. The wine list was extensive and the ambience was traditional steakhouse. Great night!Special Features:
- Great PlaceBs45Dined on 7/26/2014This was our 2nd time to Cleveland Chop. The food was even better the 2nd time. Great Romantic Date Night.Special Features:
- Amazing steakCKO24Dined on 7/13/2014Brought my father here for his 69th birthday. He was blown away by everything, staff, food and the bullding. The servers even posed with him for a photo with his birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedsaiydahDined on 7/13/2014The French Toast that I saw on the menu online was not on the menu at the restaurant. Also the item that was on the menu I was told was unavailable and the menu had not been updated. service was a little slow and the staff seemed to be busy despite there not being many patrons. I had my leftovers boxed and when I arrived home discovered the fruit was mixed in with the eggs! I was very unhappy with that I hoped they would have put the fruit in a separate container.
- Mixed-Customer Service needs workBarbDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I ate here for the first time during a visit to Cleveland. The waitress was young and energetic, but under trained. She didn't know the menu and couldn't make recommendations. She did not write down our order and had to come back to ask how we wanted our meals cooked. Mine came cooked perfectly, but my husband's prime rib was extremely over cooked. He'd ordered it rare and what he received had been reheated to medium well. The waitress didn't return for quite some time to check on us, consequently I had to eat my meal alone while my husband waited on her return. When the item was replaced the chef brought it out personally, but made excuses rather than apologize. They did attempt to make up the error on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and awesome serviceemsrjsDined on 7/12/2014Alexa, our server, was excellent! The food was delicious! I had the tenderloin tips and it was sooo good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consist service and valueRoadrunnerVIPDined on 7/1/2014I've been here for casual business lunch on a number of recent occasions. Whether you get a tasty salad or a sandwich, you won't be disappointed. Nothing fancy here, but they do have interesting daily specials and great service. Sandwiches and burgers...especially the Cowboy burger, are very large. Prices are reasonable and the food quality is consistent. Great bar too.Special Features: