Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse & Churrascaria
446 San Mateo Ave
San Bruno, CA 94066Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse & Churrascaria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cleossteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6506159120
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-4:00pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 12:00pm Dinner prices all day
Dinner: M-Th 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6506159120
A word from Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse & Churrascaria
At Cleo"s Brazilian Steak House in San Bruno our guests enjoy a complete brazilian experience with our authentic "rodizio" skillfully served with Brazilian style and atmosphere. Our typical "churrasco" of Brazilian meat choices are complimented by an excellent hot and cold buffet of traditional accompaniments.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse & Churrascaria - Best Restaurants in San Bruno ›
Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse & Churrascaria reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Must love meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Definitely come hungry and you must love meat. The meat is constantly coming around so pace yourself. Don't be shy to use the green and red table sign. If you don't see what you're looking for in a meat selection, don't hesitate to ask the servers. They are very accommodating. I enjoyed coming back to Cleo's after so many years away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-somhaataja22Dined on 8/8/2014We have been to many Brazilian places around the country. Our dinner reservation was at 5:30. My husband & I prefer rare beef. We found that dining earlier in the evening will ensure rarer cuts. The service was fair, though you could tell staff was busy completing side work before the dinner rush came. I was not impressed with the flavor of any of the beef selections. Though I do enjoy aged beef every now and then, every cut of beef tasted as though it had turned. And, I mean, TURNED! The beef was not prepared with any seasoning so I had to lay the salt on *heavily*. Not something I'm accustomed to at Brazilian steakhouses. At many other places, salt isn't even offered on the table; you have to ask for it!Special Features:
- Great place with good valueJumpmanDined on 7/11/2014We always have a good experience here and this time was no different except that the meat delivery was definitely slower. Usually we are in and out fairly fast but this time we stayed about an extra 1/2 hour due to the slower pace. Let me just say I enjoyed myself better by being able to take some time between meat deliveries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2014Good food. A bit limited on the lunch offerings but good. Good serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findRandyDined on 6/28/2014Was true to Brazilian Churascurria (have been to many in Brazil). I would go back. Price was reasonable for all things considered. Only beer and wine available so if you want cocktails you need to go somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/26/2014Food was good, service was good, the server who brought the meat to carve at tableside was fantastic. We were greeted warmly when we arrive, but she just look up and didn't mince a word or show any expression when we left, the only disappointment of the evening.Special Features:
- Very good placeSirlebeDined on 6/21/2014Good food good people very friendly staff We had kids in our party they employees were very nice to them We love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/19/2014The meat options were limited at lunch and the meat was mostly dry and chewy unfortunately. There were few people there. Service was attentive and friendly. World Cup soccer was on, so that was nice.
- Still GreatmattDined on 6/13/2014We've gone here for years whenever we have a need for too much meat. Their skill for making juicy and tender meat out of cuts that are hard to do right is amazing. Their top sirloin is the absolutely the best. Great for Kids as they are half price.Special Features:
- great lunch, not the best serviceLarryDined on 6/9/2014As usual, we enjoyed the food being served, but the service was lacking. It took forever to get the bill, pay the bill, get the meats we wanted, water/drink refills, etc. Also, the website pricing is slightly confusing. The buffet is listed, and "full service" buffet are listed. I didn't quite understand what the difference was, so I thought the price was the lesser of the two. Unfortunately, this was a bad mistake. They need to clarify, buffet WITHOUT meat is one price, and then full buffet. I know, it's my fault, but I believe others may misunderstand as well.Special Features:
- The following 104 reviews are from the Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse & Churrascaria reviews archive.
- youthinkimlyingDined on 5/17/2014I had a reservation, and got to the restaurant on time, however, I had to wait 10-15 minutes because they had given my table to somebody else and had to clean another for me, alright, fair enough. Then, we sit down, and we waited another 10 mins for a waiter, had one of the waiters to tell him to please tell someone that we didn't have a waiter yet. After that they got our drinks order and we got going. When it came time to get the meat cuts, my plate was empty most of the time. As for the food, the top sirloin was the only thing that was good, most of the other cuts were OK, not great, just OK. The buffet was lacking as well. This place can't be compared to others like Espetus or Texas de Brazil. Not even Outback Steakhouse.
- Yummy yummy!HungandMarieDined on 5/16/2014I've been there a couple of times, both visits was fantastic. The food was so delicious and so much varieties, I always overstuffed myself. We were with a group of friends and all did the whole dinner buffet deal, best option! Everyone should come try this place at least once!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat +CheesegirlDined on 4/26/2014So many AYCE Brazilian meat places to choose from in the Bay Area now. This one use to be the least expensive so I made the drive, however they just raised the price. Now it's not really worth the drive from San Jose. Price & Food & Service is worth it if you live near, but as for me my visits will probably be few from now on. Always friendly service and salad bar is usually great. Their deviled eggs and Cheese bread stands out, I mean aside from the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/26/2014Brazilian Steakhouses are never cheap but this is much more affordable than Espetus (which is excellent in its own right) and while the food here is about 90% as good, the service was excellent and for the price, an excellent deal. Just come hungry!Special Features:
- Reasonably priced but......BelmontFAFDined on 4/20/2014The meat was tough. The salad bar selection is limited. But it is cheaper than any other Brazilian BBQ I have been to.Special Features:
- Prices went up & quality went downJean24VIPDined on 3/30/2014I've been to Cleo's many times in the past but this was the first time in a few years. I think the quality of the meats have gone down. Everything was either super rare and chewy and overcooked and tough. I'm not sure I would go back unless I had to attend a birthday dinner or something, but definitely not by my personal choice.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014First time I've been to this restaurant but it will not be the last. The Brazilian cocktails are wonderful. One negative, the lamb, a little dry and needed more seasoning.Special Features:
- Great meat lover's paradiseLarryDined on 3/27/2014Go here for the meat and buffet, it's well worth the price for the quality and quantity of food you'll receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent place to grubtoneloc232Dined on 3/17/2014Definitely a great place to get your grub on good food and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing spectacularyoungm1335Dined on 3/14/2014The service and staff was excellent and they had live music. It made it nice. However, the food was not to my liking. We went for the full dinner. We were disappointed for the price we paid ($30 each). First, the salad bar and hot buffet was unimpressive. There wasn't much to choose from and the food was mediocre. So i figured i would fill up with the meat since i am paying more for this. Unfortunately, I was disappointed because the meat was too salty and too dry. The only good thing that i really liked was the pineapple (sweet and juicy)! There wasn't a large variety of meats either. For the price, I thought we would have a larger selection of meats. For me, I won't be back. But you have to try it for yourself.Special Features:
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We've been here twice. Both times were for birthdays. they have a nice salad bar. not expensive like Espetus. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Simple an amazing place to eatLeslieDined on 3/13/2014Cleo's Brazilian Steak House and Churrascaria is an amazing restaurant. The food is very good, their serves are funny and very easy going. I like the fact I can ask to bring a kind of meat and they do. The ambience of the restaurant is very nice and the music is simple soothing, this time they had a gentleman with a guitar singing well known songs in Portuguese, it was simple beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat, meat, meat!momberryDined on 3/8/2014Lunch buffet at $20...rich soups, salads, rice and several delicious entree-type gravy with beef or lamb dishes. The more experienced guest said we had to try the full $30 lunch plus beverage (beer and wine only), which included many choices, one after another, of meats--roasts/chops/steaks/chicken/lamb, sliced directly off the rotisserie skewers at the table, all you could eat and then some. Simply salted, lightly seasoned, the quality of the meat was able to shine through. We enjoyed roasted pineapple and fried bananas, included, and were too full for dessert, those delivered to near tables looked great. If you are interested in something different, and like your meat plentiful and roasted, this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Everything was great except that the food took to long :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the top sirloin, chicken heartsJonathanDined on 2/14/2014the top sirloin, chicken hearts and grilled pineapple were on point and fantastic.. came here on valentines day and good thing i made a reservation because oh boy it was packed around 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a Better Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014For the price this place is great, but I'd be willing to pay more for a better salad bar with more food options and a larger selection of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJumpmanDined on 2/8/2014The service was really attentive and great. The place was completely full too. It was a little loud but that's part of the ambience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about meatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Don't bring vegetarian there, they may starve :) But if you love meat - by all means, go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveBrazilianLoverDined on 1/24/2014This place was too expensive for the quality of food. My family and I have been to Brazil and have eaten at many Brazilian steakhouses and this one was just ok. The problem is that they charge you a premium price for mediocrity.
- Good, but not great!FalconerVIPDined on 1/14/2014The food was good but not great (the meats were of inferior quality and very greasy). A bit disappointed.... Service was was very good though.
- Meat on a Sword!MsShroomDined on 12/14/2013My nephew called it that the first time we went there - it stuck several years later. Their new location (well, the've been there about 3 yrs now) is great. Much larger and set back off the main drag. The food is always great. The buffet changes up each time I've been there - and the waiters are very easy on the eyes (wink, wink) They let us bring our own wine in for a nominal fee. I would totally recommend Cleo's!Special Features:
- Nice San Bruno FindRsadow123Dined on 12/3/2013First visit to this quaint restaurant for lunch. Took a customer and had a nice fulfilling meal. Nicely cut meats. Very attentive staff. Very reasonably priced compared to other Brazilian restaurants I've experience. Will definitely return with a big appetite! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bad experience. FoodJJJJDined on 11/9/2013Just a bad experience. Food was bad, the service was worse, the noise level was absurd. By far the worst dining experience at a brazilian steak house.
- Very Good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Very good, I recommend! The food, ambiance and service was really good! Thank you guys for the great job!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was rude. He wasn'tIrritatedDined on 10/18/2013Server was rude. He wasn't busy so no reason to forget my son's drink. Food was alright. Definitely not worth the $100 I spent that night. Pay more than $20 here, then that would be a rip off.
- Good variety of food! LoveMiniggyDined on 10/5/2013Good variety of food! Love the mango salad and lasagna !Special Features:
- Meat fest!PickyeaterDined on 9/29/2013Enjoyed the parade of grilled meats--hot off the grill and delicious. Some cuts were more tender than others, so it pays to be picky. Salad bar was decent with hot and cold foods, but don't expect a vast display. Service was sometimes great (water refills, skewer guys) and sometimes terrible (ordering, empty plates and glasses piled high). Decor was more pleasant than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE service, otherwise, Loved!LarryDined on 9/2/2013I have a disclaimer, I've always loved this place, UNTIL this visit!!! We came in for a late lunch with our 17 month old, he just woke up from a nap and hadn't had lunch (3 hour nap!). I understand it was between the lunch and dinner hours, but there was NO reason for the lax treatment we got. We were NEVER proactively refilled for water, we had to ask every time. We had to wait a good 10-15 minutes between meats the later it got (we only had about 4 meats served within the first hour). Once 5pm hit (we got there around 3:45) they mentioned that lunch only had 8 meats, dinner had 16; sounding like a hint that we should leave because dinner started. We left around 5:45 pm after waiting 45 minutes for pineapple and the bill to be brought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!daveDined on 8/9/2013Food,service and overall enviroment was great for almost half price of going to downtown SF . I would definetly be going back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good :)ShironekoDined on 8/8/2013The meat was wonderful! It was nice to be able to try different cuts of meat vs a steak, or just chicken. The wait staff was very nice and helpful! hA bit pricey to go all the time - but some people have the $$$. I would go there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.