1310 Westover Ter. #107
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EgyptianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cleopatrasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3362745003
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Egyptian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Chef Saad
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout
- Catering: We would be happy to cater your event, whether it be big or small. Contact Yasser Abdel- Aziz at 216-357-9330.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome after 4:00 PM on Sundays with a prior reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Yasser Abdel-Aziz 2163579330
A word from Cleopatra Restaurant
At Cleopatra Restaurant, it is not just about serving fabulous food it is about providing our guests with a cultural experience. While dining at Cleopatra Restaurant, you will not just experience 100% authentic Egyptian cuisine but you will also experience a sampling of authentic Egyptian artwork all while listening to authentic Egyptian music. We are confident that you will feel transported to the old country right here in Greensboro. We look forward to seeing you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cleopatra Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Oracle989Dined on 8/9/2014I was excited by the 5 star rating and having something a little different in Greensboro. I was apprehensive about the strip mall location, but trusted the food and atmosphere would live up to the rating. We had the hummus and the baba ghanoush. The baba ghanoush was quite good, but the hummus was coarse and underseasoned. The pita was very floury and tasted like it had spend the day under a heat lamp. For the main course, we had the kofta and filet mignon kebabs and lamb. The meats were all fair at best. They were very plain, a bit overcooked, and generally lackluster. The atmosphere was similarly lacking, having all the hallmarks of a former strip mall pizza place quickly converted to an Egyptian restaurant. I probably won't be back.
- Best falafel everhsl5VIPDined on 8/3/2014Who would have thought Greensboro would have an Egyptian restaurant, and such a fine one at that? The koshari was just like what I enjoyed in Cairo. The fawl is absolutely delicious. And the falafel is the best I have ever had in my life -- anywhere. Will certainly go back next time we're in Greensboro.Special Features:
- Unexpected DelightzeusfaberDined on 6/14/2014The menu was appealing as the appetizers, salads, sides, and entrees all complimented each other. The ability to mix and match different dishes made for a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMaskedGourmandDined on 5/11/2014Quiet, delicious food and a very relaxed atmosphere. We went for Mother's Day and were one of the first groups in the restaurant. It seems like an undiscovered gem. I would recommend the 4 way app sampler with the fewl, hummus, baba ganhouj and the cucumber dip. They had a real variety of dishes that are very recognizable to those familiar with other Middle Eastern cuisines as well as some choices that are unique to Egyptian cuisine. I really enjoyed the beverages - can't remember the names - but the pomegranate/hibiscus drink was perfect. Not too sweet and very refreshing. They do not serve alcohol. This is another great example of the diversity available in the Greensboro food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014The food and service were great! Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us decide what to order. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed with main dishdiehardhaloDined on 1/3/2014I took my wife here to try something different. I got the "lamb beef shawarma" and I'm not sure if there was any lamb in it. It tasted like small strips of fried, well-done round steak. It did not have much flavor. The soup was pretty good. The highlight of the night was the dessert - kunafa. It was amazing. The waitress was very nice and came to our table frequently. Maybe something else on the menu might be better, but I was pretty disappointed with the shawarma.
- The service was ok, but weCrispyDined on 11/15/2013The service was ok, but we simply did not enjoy the food.
- Getting to Know Youbutterfly090965Dined on 11/2/2013This was our first visit and it was exactly what I expected. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the amount of food youChristyDined on 9/21/2013For the amount of food you get, no worth it. We ordered a Shish Kebob (lamb), and it came with 1 skewer of meat, a plateful of rice, and to me that is not worth $19.95. I expected the food to have lots of flavor, but was for the most part bland. The best thing we had was the hibiscus tea. We used a LivingSocial coupon for our dinner and still paid $35! For that much money I would expect to get a lot more food, and it to have more flavor. Very disappointed
- This is one of the Best placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013This is one of the Best places in Greensboro!!! Highly Recommend!!Special Features:
- Delicious as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2013We love Cleopatra's Restaurant. We have tried most of the items on the menu and haven't disliked anything. The pita bread is amazing! The wait staff are courteous and helpful. The portions are huge, so we usually get to take home something for the next day. We have also gotten delivery from Cleopatra's. i strongly recommend Cleopatra's! In fact, we're heading back tonight for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of several menu itemsexcellentDined on 7/26/2013The food we recieved was very good, but several of the items we ordered were not available. Kind of disappointing that we didn't get exactly what we wanted
- BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2013I was greeted by a cute little Nubian princess in a flowing kaftan! There is an impressive bar as you walk in, but don't even think about ordering an adult beverage to kick off your Friday night. This is an alcohol free establishment. Anyway, I came for the food and everything was very good! The pickled veggies were great, but wanted a cold one to wash them down! My entree was the mix of grilled chicken, lamb and beef, with a side of Egyptian rice. The meats were tender and flavorful and the rice was delicious as well. Again, I would have enjoyed a nice merlot with my meal. My waiter suggested that I BYOB form the corner store. Thanks, but no I'll respect the house rules. Bottom line, the food is great! Don't forget the baklava for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleopatra's has an extensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2013Cleopatra's has an extensive and enticing menu. All of our selections were superb, wonderfully spiced and seasoned, quite delicious! The servers were friendly, helpful, and efficient. We recommend a visit soon!Special Features:
- A Taste of Egypt in Greensboro, NCjnicbradDined on 5/31/2013We traveled to Greensboro from Raleigh for an overnight excursion to attend a concert. Thank goodness for Open Table or we wouldn't know about half of the restaurants we've experienced! I was shocked to find an Egyptian restaurant in Greensboro, but knew that we had to try it out. The restaurant was tucked away in a strip center that was sparsely populated. If we didn't have it plugged in the GPS we might not have found it. The decor was authentic, as well as the music playing in the background. Service was friendly and efficient, and the food was delicious, with generous portions. We loved the roselle tea. It was especially nice that the owner came around and talked to each table, asking about the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/31/2013Wonderful food and service. I hope they thrive and are in Greensboro for a long time!Special Features:
- Cleopatra offers MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Cleopatra offers Mediterranean food that is both excellent in its preparation and in breadth of options. I was impressed to see a good selection of meats and seafood, including duck, quail, lamb, and jumbo shrimp, in addition to all the common fare for a restaurant of its genre. Options were available across several price points, but every, including the inexpensive dishes for kids, were similarly well prepared and delicious. It's a great restaurant for those looking for something out of the ordinary and is someplace I'd recommend if in the area to visit relatives in college or on business Greensboro, as it's some impressive food offered in a very causal atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Great food! Great service and ambiance..we had an outstanding authentic Mediterranean dinner. Highly recommend doing the appetizer sampler and the sandwich/pita meals! Plenty of amazing food and the baklava is fantastic!Special Features:
- Good overall. They seemedNSCJDined on 3/20/2013Good overall. They seemed a bit overwhelmed when I was there on a Wed evening. After a while they caught up and service got better. The waitress did a good job and tried hard. Food was very good.Special Features:
- We are from out of town, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013We are from out of town, and went there after an event. The restaurant was not crowded. The food was very tasty--not just standard Middle-East cuisine. Service was very prompt. The owner took the time to answer our questions about the food and to tell us the background of some of the dishes. This restaurant was very vegetarian/vegan friendly, but also had plenty of meat dishes for those who want them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good for MiddlegastromanVIPDined on 2/8/2013The food is good for Middle Eastern with a large variety menu. We have been several times and enjoyed it. This night was not a good experience, however. The waiter forgot my salad, but when I pointed this out, I was offered the salad or a free dessert. Not a difficult choice, so that did make up for that error. But the waitress who was also waiting on us was asked for two additional items and forgot them both times. A waiter spilled a glass of water on the floor and proceeded to slam things around while cleaning it up. So...the food is good, but on this night and a couple of other nights, the service has not been good.
- Well SeasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Food was wonderful. Seasoned so well no additional salt or pepper needed.Special Features:
- Loved the food and had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Loved the food and had a great experience. Will eat there again. Food is Mediterranean and interesting but explained well. Wait staff friendly and helpful. Does not serve alcohol but allows customers to BYOB.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012This has become one of our favorite restaurants. Great selection of well-prepared food, with outstanding "usual suspects" for middle eastern food and some unique selections that are worth trying. While the service can be a bit slow, they are friendly and care about your experience. We'll be back!Special Features:
- We had been to Cleopatra'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2012We had been to Cleopatra's before and were very excited about returning. We gad a couple of people who had not eaten there before so they had some questions. The server did a great job of answering the questions and taking our order. But it was almost 50 minutes later before we were served our food. No explanation. This was about 30 minutes longer than he previous time we visited. Food was great, but this seems like a long time for five people. There were only six other tables filled in the room, so it was not that busy for a Wednesday night. To add insult to injury, a couple of our people had an additional item that was ordered that did not come until ten minutes after we started eating. Maybe a bad night, but I would be careful onSpecial Features:
- I have been there three timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2012I have been there three times now, and have thoroughly enjoyed the food. Every item I've had so far has been stellar, and very authentic. You always get large portions of everything, and the food is beautifully presented and looks fabulous. The wait staff is the best. I will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing food at a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Amazing food at a reasonable price. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- The food was VERY good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2012The food was VERY good and the staff was very helpful with helping me decide on what to order. I strongly suggest the Chicken Shwarma and Shish Kebab.Special Features:
- Food was great and serverFoodieQDined on 9/7/2012Food was great and server was excellent in assisting with our ordering. He gave us a wonderful tour of the menu and tastings!Special Features:
- This was the third time thatMarkDined on 8/18/2012This was the third time that we had visited Cleopatra, but the first time we went on a Saturday night. Although the food was very good, the wait staff was clueless. Five of the six salads were brought out after a delay; the sixth salad was missing and came out significantly later. Appetizers were brought out after entrees were served. Wait staff did not check back to see how wee were ding. They probably did not want to know. The food is absolutely excellent. It is good value for the quality and amount of food served, however the wait staff needs to make it a dining experience.Special Features:
- The food is quite good, especiallyDoktortVIPDined on 7/27/2012The food is quite good, especially if you like Greek food. The service is very helpful. Cleopatra's does not have a liquor license but will open a bottle of wine without a corkage fee.Special Features:
- Variety and Quality!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2012Though familiar with Mediterranean fare, this was our first experience with--specifically--Egyptian food. We tried things we've never heard of, and found that the food was intricately flavored, and not overwhelming. Chicken and pasta dishes, in addition to the heavier beef and lamb, were a wonderful suprise. The pastries were positively mouth-watering! Fresh food fully prepared on site sets this apart from any chain restaurant. The restaurant was appropriately lit, clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- We've never had Egyptian food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2012We've never had Egyptian food, but we liked it. I like it because it's light and very fresh tasting. We had an excellent waitress who guided us in our choices. She was right on.They do not serve alcohol but we took a bottle of wine and had a very pleasant time. We went for dinner, and although it was good, I would probably only go for lunch.It's a bit too quiet for me.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Great food, service and atmosphere. My group really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Cleopatra's was definetlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Cleopatra's was definetly worth the time. My kids didn't like all the food they were served, but the staff took the time to help them try new things and find something they enjoyed. I greatly enjoyed the food and the patience of the staff was outstanding. They trully lived up to their stated goal during our visit.Special Features:
- Best Egyptian Food around;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Best Egyptian Food around; husband is Egyptian and food reminded him of him Mom's cooking in Giza.Special Features:
- Good food and service - niceDlouDined on 5/11/2012Good food and service - nice atmosphere . . . .The menu is Middle Eastern and includes lots of beans, feta cheese, etc. The pita bread is especially good...covered with sesame seeds. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Another perfect meal at Cleopatras.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2012Another perfect meal at Cleopatras. The food is incredible. I would highly recommend saving room for desert and coffee!!! Yassir has created a rare Middle Eastern Gem in Greensboro.Special Features:
- All the food is carefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2012All the food is carefully prepared, and besides being a rarity in this area, the Egyptian dishes are very tasty. The owner is friendly and quite willing to discuss the various dishes with you. No alcohol, but it's OK to bring your own wine. The Egyptian steak and moussaka are particular standouts.Special Features:
- Cleopatra is a wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Cleopatra is a wonderful find and I'm telling all my friends to eat there. The service is great and we love the unique and delicious food.Special Features: