Cleo - SLS Las Vegas
2535 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SLS Las Vegas
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Cleo - SLS Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://slslasvegas.com/cleo
- Phone: (702) 761-7612
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
Closed Sunday/Monday through 12/22
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Danny Elmaleh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cleo - SLS Las Vegas
Voted "Best New Restaurant in Las Vegas" by Travel + Leisure, Cleo delivers Chef Danny Elmaleh’s contemporary Mediterranean cuisine in a unique atmosphere. At Cleo, moving forward isn’t about revisiting the past – it’s about creating culinary classics with a modern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Cleo - SLS Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (125)good for groups (88)hot spot (82)special occasion (47)romantic (37)late-night find (26)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Cleo reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Everything about your restaurant was great. Food, amazing. Service, amazing. Apple tortue, amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysSkyjaxVIPDined on 11/18/2014First visit to Cleo Las Vegas after several visits to LA. Food/concept we just as great as it is in LA. Hard to top the LA "ambiance", but still great in LV. The biggest differences that we noticed were much more attentive service, and slightly more laid back atmosphere, (which may be related). There were always managers walking the floor, and very attentive servers, perfect service. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert issues?PabloGLVDined on 11/15/2014Went to have dinner Saturday night with the wife. Really good food. My true rating is 3.5 Made reservation online easily through their website. Got a table at 10:30 one hour before their closing time and the place was full. Good energy, music and we were seated promptly. Server's greeting was friendly, asked us if this was our first time dining there and answered any questions we had. Ordered 2 featured cocktails and the following menu items. Oysters, Tuna tartare, Dolmades, Kibbeh, Grilled Octopus, Fish kebob, Spicy potatoes with cilantro aioli, and the Bone marrow. Finishing with fig and amaretto panacotta. Overall the experience was good. The good: - Oysters were good, were topped with this lemony confite that went very well with the freshness of the oysters. - The Spicy potatoes were my favorite - The Kibbeh was really good, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Even though I did get one that included what felt like a piece of rubber band that I had to deal with unfashionably. - Octopus was really really good! - Fish kebob The average: - Tuna tartare was...meh - Dolmades.... mayo? really??? I already loathe mayonaisse, but now with dolmades? The bad: - They were out of bone marrow which we had read many great things about. Disappointing - Last part of the service: Will probably go back, but there are options available in town and as the buffet as SLS shows this is a crucial point for restaurants at SLS to not drop the ball with details like these. Good luck and thanks for reading.Special Features:
- Great foodJackieDined on 11/15/2014First time try Mediterranean food, small plate and good for sharing. Waitress and waiter give excellent service, except the receptionist, I checked in and they were totally forget us and let other people go in first, and that moment we are the only group waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeVeganfoodieDined on 11/15/2014Cleo's has a neat concept of small plates servings on variety of Mediterranean fare. Prices are decent. - 3 diners with starters, main courses and drinks set us back a little over 100. Portions are good enough to share. I would recommend this place but note that they only open for dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 meals of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014This place is perfect. Great food. Great drinks. Great atmosphere. Impeccable service! Every single item we ordered was delicious. Not a weak link in the bunch. Perfect date night destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DizzydiningDined on 11/13/2014Very good middle eastern/Mediterranean food. Small plates mostly, varied selection fro appetizers to salads to meats and veggie dishes. Service was pleasant but slow, even though we ate early and there were only a few other tables. If you are near it is worth dining here, but not a "destination" stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liketodineliketodineVIPDined on 11/12/2014this was a great find in the new SLS resort. they should showcase this place in the front of the casino, instead of the back. small plates were all wonderful and our waiter, Danny, "coconuts" was on top of it. Great suggestions--the lamb shank was fall of the bone wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal!JanetVIPDined on 11/11/2014We had a 7:30 reservation and they seated us right at 7:30, giving us an booth in an excellent location. The service was outstanding and they did an excellent job of getting us familiar with their menu. The cuisine is Mediterranean, but is definitely not your typical Greek/Middle Eastern type restaurant. All menu items are small plates, but unlike many places that do the tapas/small plates thing, they give you the option of having your food come out all at once or as it is ready. My husband is very traditional and is more comfortable with the appetizer-salad-entree-dessert format in restaurants, but even he loved Cleo! The waitstaff's suggestions for the number of plates to order was perfect and we had a fab meal. Will go again!Special Features:
- Must Go To!DotandBoVIPDined on 11/4/2014Excellent! The food is beautifully presented and excellent as well!!! Small plates and a very extensive menu!Special Features:
- Mediterranean Bliss!trvlturtleDined on 11/3/2014You had me at Hummus!! Everything seasoned to perfection..best Falafel ever! Ended dinner with a traditional Turkish coffee. Overall splendid experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family styleMollyColoradoVIPDined on 11/2/2014The food was very flavorful and is served family style. However, we had to ask for serving spoons in order to serve the salads and dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as beautiful as I thoughtVazquezPickyDined on 11/1/2014I saw pictures at SLS website and the restaurant looks amazing, truly: is not as it looks. Could be better. If a restaurant is for specialty, I do not think appropriate give menus in plain paper. Service is sssssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww! But food quality saves the place. Is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs helpRFCarmelVIPDined on 11/1/2014Water refills were prompt and timely...taking order and delivering food was NOT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kale flat breadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Kale flat bread, scallops, octopus and so many good food items. The ingredients used are different, combining healthy and middle eastern flavors to bring up tasty and simplistic mealsSpecial Features:
- First time was spooktacularSundevilDined on 10/31/2014Thank you to the manager Vivian and the great staff for a fabulous Halloween birthday dinner for my husband! We are locals and have now found one of our new favorite dining spots in Las Vegas. The cocktail menu is amazing! We were so happy with the service, food selections and overall dining experience. We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- A party for the senses...ClancyZackDined on 10/29/2014We chose Cleo because it was my mother's name and we were celebrating... And once again, my mom gave some good advice! The family style presentation, eclectic table settings, adult beverages, service, pairing of flavors - OH MY! If there is only one thing you try on the menu, get the Lebaneh with Feta. It came out with fresh made warm bread. I can still taste it as I type. The perfect combination of yogurt, olive oil, fresh feta and other Mediterranean spices. Okay, so there are two things to try... the Chicken Tagine. It was a most amazing bit of chicken with lemon, almonds & olives served over saffron rice. Perfection! We will be back... actually would have eaten every meal there if I could have!Special Features:
- Definitely worth a tastePapasnBeerDined on 10/28/2014It is a nice change up to have middle eastern style tapas versus Spanish (although love those too). Highlights were the lamb shank, babaganeush (sp??) and the octopus. The octopus was so goodvwe ordered a 2nd helping. The rest of the dishes were good. There wasn't a dud on the table. Room for improvement is the space. I felt like I was in a casino coffee shop instead of a nice restaurant. The wine list was also just fair. It's good that there are different options but not good to have few by the glass and be out of some of those. Still, I'll be back.Special Features:
- The BEST Place in SLSAjv2l58VIPDined on 10/27/2014Absolutely amazing restaurant with the best Mediterranean menu you'll find in Las Vegas. I think I've been here like once a week since opening! The food is spectacular in taste and quality and the best part is that pricing is not bad at all. You can easily stay under $75 for two people even with cocktails and leave satisfied. I highly recommend for large groups as it is all shared plates and very reasonably priced. MUST HAVES are the Feta and Watermelon Salad, Dolmades, Borek, Grilled Octopus, and the Lamb tartare!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Taylor was our server and was amazing, and the food was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/27/2014The food is really excellent - you can't go wrong with the Lebaneh and Feta (comes with warm bread straight from the oven). The oysters are amazing and have a wonderful lemon granite that makes them so refreshing! We always order tuna tartar because we love it (and this one is no exception)! Don't skip the Brussels sprouts or the wagyu kebab (marinated in Coke). We ordered the lamb tangine and it will now be on our list of regular items. The grilled octopus and the moussakah are also staples. Sheesh - I probably listed the entire menu on here, but you seriously can't go wrong!!! Also, Andre is an amazing staff member who really goes above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience! Sit in his section if you can!Special Features:
- AMAZING!JessicaVIPDined on 10/27/2014We came in for dinner at Cleo for the Locals special they held this Sunday at the SLS! AMAZING! Absolutely no wait; and the service was superb Every dish was flavorful and presented professionally! I will be back here for sure!Special Features:
- Great spot on the NorthEndFirefoxDined on 10/27/2014Prices very affordable considering it's on the strip. Highlights from my meal Laffa bread, Brussels Sprouts that taste like potato chips and Lamb Tagine. Lowlights... Can't think of any. Our server was spot on making sure we had everything we needed and our drinks where never empty considering it was a full house.Special Features:
- My favorite modern MoroccanMsVegas702Dined on 10/26/2014I love cleo. First dined in the LA location years ago, now that I'm a Vegas local I enjoy coming here. I love the lamb shawarma and duck bastilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MrBeanDined on 10/26/2014The food and service at Cleo are outstanding. We visited during the SLS' "The Code" promotion nights, and we had a great time. That said, you never would have known that they were offering a special discount that night. The service and food were top notch and pleasing. The location right off the casino floor at SLS Las Vegas was very convenient. Would definitely return during our next visit to SLS.Special Features:
- first time dining at CleofeedmemarshmallowsDined on 10/26/2014I was enticed to dine here during a promotion and was looking forward to checking out the SLS hotel. The service was excellent, our waiter was very honest when we were ordering too much food and gave great suggestions on what to try. My favorite dishes were the bone marrow and the scallops. The dishes came out at a good pace and in a good order which suited our tastes. I'm looking forward to coming back to try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living up to Cleopatra's standards!wolfyDined on 10/26/2014I adore this restaurant. It's super trendy, the service is great, and everything I ate was delicious. I am not a foodie, but many friends of mine are, so we decided to try it out. I'm what most would consider picky and even though the menu can be a little scary at first, everything is seriously amazing. The chicken kebabs are cooked perfectly and taste amazing, the Lebaneh is a must, and the desserts are outstanding. If the menu looks like gibberish, just ask the server to walk you through it. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CleoJenniferEDined on 10/26/2014Every time I walk past Cleo, I pause for the most intoxicating smell that wafts into the casino. I've been dying to try it- no better time to try it than the SLS promotion of #socialsundays. 50% off a different restaurant for locals! sitting right next to the big wood fire oven -OMFG the smell of garlic and flatbreads was hypnotic. Plates are meant for sharing, and I thought you get a lot more than the usual tapas size. Plus, the prices here (even if it wasn't the special locals promotion) were very good- between $7-$15 for plates. The food was perfection. Everything I had was kissed with roasted yummy goodness. I had the greatest server ever- Jessica. She really cared about making my experience great and I felt that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good except for the loud musictaste4usDined on 10/26/2014The food and the presentation was excellent and the four of us enjoyed the tasting experiences. The small bites for us four people was great because we were able to share and taste a lot of the different dishes. Loved the lamb. We needed to hear each better though. Great for locals!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicego7114VIPDined on 10/26/2014We've made this a regular stop since it opened. The food is always great and the service always attentive. Love the brussel sprouts, not what your thinking. The portions are perfect for sharing small plates and trying several different things. We'll sure be back again and again...Special Features:
- my sister's 21st!dannidinesDined on 10/24/2014My sister visited from Philadelphia and we needed a cool new place she's never tried.. we chose Cleo because of their vegetarian options and it seemed super cute and girly. It was! We were happy to see it was mostly groups of ladies dining in groups which made us much more comfortable since it was a girls night out. The food was amazing! My sister doesn't evendors eat mushrooms but she ordered 2! Our server was helpful and friendly, the drinks were great and the ambiance was very laid back. We will definitely be returning when she come back to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too loud to enjoy the foodJCvtDined on 10/24/2014Absolutely the restaurant with the loudest music level at SLS. No way to have intimate conversation. Like eating in an aircraft hanger while testing engines. Otherwise the food was good.
- TimingonyxDined on 10/23/2014The food was very good, but each persons entrée arrived at different times? The tuna tartar was the last entrée received and it's raw? If you have patience, the food quality is very good. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrefoodjunkieDined on 10/23/2014Service was absolutely terrible, they were not prepared for a group of 10. Absolutely no recognition of the 2 birthdays we had at the table, even though we told them 3 times. The wine list was awful, they didn't have what we wanted...yet proceeded to wait 20min to let us know and then another 20min to get the 2nd bottle. Lastly - they offer Tagine style dishes but they don't even cook them in the tagine.
- Great menuMarkandKatDined on 10/18/2014Having a vegetarian (not vegan) wife sometimes makes finding a restaurant a challenge, especially when traveling. Cleo has a great menu with lots of interesting choices for the both of us. Since they do a tapas, mediterranean style menu, we needed to share our dishes, which we do often. This means vegetarian all the way. I don't mind a meatless meal and am usually happy when the choices are unique and interesting. Cleos manages this quite well. Our only difficulty was in determining how many tapas dishes to order and we slightly ordered too much. The food bill for the two of us was a bit over $50 (without drinks), so not bad for the venue, service and location. We highly recommend Cleo's if staying at SLS.Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphereColoradoGirlDined on 10/18/2014We thought the food was amazing but the service was very green. They messed up my husbands drink twice and it took forever to get it remade. We also received a much smaller pour when he ordered another round. The food was outstanding, especially the Lamb Shank special and the lamb tartare. We feel like the portions are good sized for tapas and we could not finish everything we ordered with the Lamb Shank entree and 4 tapas and we are big eaters. The acoustics make it an energetic restaurant but another way of saying this is "LOUD" so if you are trying to have a quiet meal or a first date go elsewhere. I highly recommend for the food and hope that they find a way to better the service so they can stay around.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieDined on 10/17/2014This was our second time going to Cleo and let me tell you.. There isn't one nasty item on their menu! We had a party of 6 and everyone loved everything!! I highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Small PlatesJGrayVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really enjoy small plates because you can try a variety of items. Cleo did not disappoint. The variety of items was very good and the food was amazing. Service was very attentive and friendly. The menu is vegetarian friendly. Will be going back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinky23Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food and ambiance! Will definitely be going back. The lamb sliders are amazing!Special Features:
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Service was slow but the food and atmosphere made up for it.Special Features: