Clearman's Steak N Stein
9545 E Whittier Blvd
Pico Rivera, CA 90660Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Clearman's Steak N Stein
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/steaknstein
- Phone: 5626996204
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm LIVE MUSIC: Friday-Saturday 6:00-10:00pm!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We accept private room bookings for up to 50 people Monday - Thursday after 5pm
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan 5626996204
- Entertainment: Now featuring the live stylings of Mike Parlett!!! LIVE Saxophone, flutes, percussion and windsynthesizer! Requests welcome! Plays all genres from classic, Frank Sinatra to Sabor A Mi', or Classic Eagles Hits!!! A must see!
A word from Clearman's Steak N Stein
What a comfort to discover that warm and intimate restaurants like the Steak 'N Stein Inn are still at your service, serving up satisfying and delicious meals from a classic dinner menu as they have for over 60 years! With its circular fireplace, dark wood and brick interior, and exceptional table-side service, the Steak 'N Stein Inn is the perfect spot for a thick, tender steak and some camaraderie with friends and family. Join us tonight and let us flambe' a steak at your table while you make memories. Steak N Stein appeals to your senses with a circular fireplace, rich red leathers, dark wood and brick interior, and hearty steak and seafood dinners, Steak 'N Stein's intimate atmosphere instills in diners a strong sense of comfort and satisfaction. Thick, tender filet mignon is one highlight of a varied menu emphasizing a bounty of savory foods. There is no scrimping on flavor, portions, or service! Whether you are looking for camaraderie around the fire with friends and family,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clearman's Steak N Stein reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Totally EnjoyableGeorgeandGracieDined on 6/12/2014This was my first time at Steak and Stein, but I have dined at the other Clearman's restaurants frequently in the past. The menu contains many items found at the North Woods Inns and many that are not. The scallops were as good as the sister restaurants as was the baked potato and the cheese bread and the salads. There were many more steak choices and dessert offerings. The staff was friendly and helpful. With peanuts- no shells on the floor- a cocktail, an appetizer, salads, cheese bread, a combination steak and scallop dinner and Bananas Foster, my date and I found much food to bring home for another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iluv2dineDined on 6/8/2014Once again the service and food were outstanding. A wonderful treasure I am glad is still thriving. Same delicious food with bright and friendly waiters. Looking forward to our next visit. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- BirthdayMickeyMouse40Dined on 6/7/2014I went to Clearman's for my Birthday and had a very nice time. Great place to go to celebraste a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceLuvgreatfoodDined on 6/7/2014Great to be able to make reservation thru Open Table. Staff is very attentive in bar & dining room especially our waitress Wendy. Lobster was superb & steaks were delicious. The bread is addictive & the salads yummy. The prices are reasonable but a bit pricey to enjoy more often, but will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so good this timemachanndoDined on 6/5/2014I've been coming here for a long time. This time, the steak was not as good. It was a bit tough and not as flavorful as usual. I hope that this is not the beginning of the end to what is one if my favorite steakhouses. Looking forward to them improving or going back to being excellent as they usually are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 689 reviews are from the Clearman's Steak N Stein reviews archive.
- Food QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014The food is excellent. Their signature salad is accompanied by their red cabbage slaw which are tasty when they are combined together. Steak quality is excellent and is prepared just like you order it. Baked potatoe is the size of a size 10 men's shoe with all the trimmings, The garlic bread flows continuously. The servers are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceLuvsteakDined on 5/31/2014The rib eye steak, large bake potato, onion rings and salads were excellent. You just can't have one slice of bread because it's addicting. Also, you might want to try the berry berry martini....yummSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmoodDined on 5/25/2014food was wonderful, all the special touches to make dinner a little more special. Great waitress, very efficient, good responding to needs. No rushing, was very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition DistilledOldChefDined on 5/19/2014My parents went here on their first date in 1949; we returned for many family special occasions over the years, weddings, birthdays, retirements, you name it. It is a beautiful setting, essentially frozen in time. Walking into the bar, you're greeted by fagstone, hammered copper drapes, old oil paintings, and a swoopy bar. The dining room is as beautiful and just like I have always remembered it. The food is as good as ever - perfectly cooked steaks, incredible sides, and matched by great, professional service. Highly recommended. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Really?!?!?alfonsoDined on 5/11/2014This place is definitely going downhill fast. First of all no more large bowl of salad just a small plate. Second, the cheese bread is hard and stale. Third, the famous large baked potatoes are a thing of the past and are about the size of your fist & also they are now "skimping" on the once great onion rings. Third, the prices have gone through the roof in regards to paying more & getting less. Fourth, the lame entertainment is way too loud where you cannot carry on a conversation & almost have to yell to be heard. Do you executives @ Clearmans really think that we as long term customers and future ex-customers do not notice the cost cutting measures that you have implemented to raise revenue? 80 dollars for 1 meal & a side meal of salad?
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I have to say the service was horrible on Mothers Day. the food was cold and we had to wait 30 mins just for the check. I have been there many times for Dinner and things were great. This was a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedNeverAgainDined on 5/10/2014I took my family there for a special Mother's Day dinner on May 10, 2014 and was highly disappointed. They added extra tables in the bar area which made it more crowded and louder. Although we were seated in the regular dinner area, it was extremely loud and hard to converse. The worst part was the food. We all upgraded to rib eye and filet mignon and all the steaks were dry and luke warm - WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. We paid a lot of money and got poor quality meat. They may have been rushing because of the amount of people they had but they should not jeopardize the quality of the food just to serve more people.
- SuperbAngieDined on 5/10/2014I have been dining at Steak N Strin since I was a toddler with my parents and family. I continue to dine here with my husband and son for special occasions or at least every three weeks just because we just love it here. We are never disappointed. The filet mignon, lobster, and king crab legs are just some of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak!ChelliDined on 5/3/2014Had a wonderful experience! Food & service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningBob4SteakDined on 5/3/2014Another great meal to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We've been going to Steak N Stein for over 25 years and have never been disappointed in the quality and quantity of food served. One of the last truly great restaurants.Special Features:
- ZoraidaDined on 4/29/2014Food is always delicious and service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodJveloffDined on 4/26/2014Went with the wife and two kids (19 & 16). My wife and son had the prime rib and my son and myself had the rib eye. We got a normal salad (nothing special) and a cabbage salad (different, but good). Food arrived with the rib eyes on a grill brought to the table. This was a very nice touch. The baked potatoes were huge and the waiter prepared them right in front of us (with choices of sour cream, chives, butter, and cheese sauce. I selected the butter with the cheese sauce. It was awesome. Steaks were cooked to perfection and mine had a light seasoning on it. No A1 needed. Prime ribs were 20oz, and could not be finished. Service was excellent in that we never had to ask for more water. We had a great time and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch for large groupsJewelsDined on 4/20/2014I made the reservations for 6 at the last minute and they took the reservation and seated us on time. Half of our group had the Sunday brunch with bottomless mimosas and the other half ordered off the menu. The food was delicious and we had a great waiter who was very friendly and helpful. The only bad thing is the decor, so dark and old school. They definitely need to do an upgrade to the inside to make people feel more comfortable, but other that that no other issues.Special Features:
- IT WAS OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014I have been going there for years, it is just not the same as I had hope for, probably the cost of there food? very few people at 7:00pm on wed, used to be busy all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't ever change!lolaDined on 4/13/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for over 50 years the quality of the food (especially the cheese bread and steaks) has never changed and the level of service is always personable and gracious. I started bringing my daughter when she was about 15 (she is now over 40) and now my grand children, their first time was for high school graduation. Both of my grandsons are in their twenties now, our one request is never change the ambiance and don't ever change the size of the potatoes.!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions, great prime ribJeffVIPDined on 4/12/2014This is a fun, old-school kind of place with huge portions. The prime rib is among the best I've had anywhere. I wish it was closer to where I live but it's worth the drive every now and then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceRoyYDined on 4/12/2014Great steaks! Always great service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 33 AnniversaryRagtopJoeDined on 4/11/2014My steak didn't make the list of conversation. It had some gristle and was chewy. The lobster didn't have as much taste as I remember from the last time I dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of Mad Man ageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Steak N Stein is like stepping into the best of late 50s and early 60s dinning. If you looking for the latest food fad your in the wrong place, but if your looking for a steak house to celebrate a special occasion of a special friendship you can not find a better place.Special Features:
- Fantastic food & service!slinnusc3Dined on 3/22/2014Not the best location but hunting lodge atmosphere inside, great steaks and seafood, giant baked potatoes, and their signature bread - yum. Excellent, well-trained staff. Packed on a Saturday nite so make reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak n stein experienceJanichkaDined on 3/19/2014If you've been to steak n stein you know the baked potatoes are delicious along w the cheese bread and salads. Only thing was that the steak was a little tough. Other that that bring your appetite and you'll be really full at the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I came here!RudyDined on 3/18/2014My GF made mention of this place a few times over the last few months and I kept putting if off, until last night she finally convinced me to go. I now regret ever waiting so long! I had the top sirloin and shrimp, came with a giant baked potato and onion rings. everything was cooked to perfection. They have a sour cream with chives and garlic dressing, its an instant favorite. I was so full by the end of my meal, that I definitely justified the cost. Not only did they give you a large quantity of food, it was also great quality. The workers were friendly, very attentive, and the ambivalence was really nice and laid back, they have an indoor fire. All in all, its an amazing place and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 Years of Memorable DiningConiDined on 3/16/2014We've been coming to the Steak N' Stein for 50 years. If you want a good steak dinner this is the place to dine. However, the scallops are the best I've ever tasted, and the fried chicken is delicious too. The tasty garlic bread is to die for. The baked potatoes are huge, and you have to try the melted cheese and scallions on top. Our family loves this place. Unfortunately, we have moved out of the area, but always have dinner here when we are in southern California. Just writing this review, gets my taste buds watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I grew up coming to this restaurantJkinsDined on 3/14/2014I grew up coming to this restaurant all the time for special occasions and I absolutely recommend it to anyone and everyone. You get an incredible amount of food for your dollar. The ambience is great and the staff is always very pleasant. I have made this my anniversary dinner spot and will never go anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014I've been coming here for years and the service and food have always been consistent. It gets pretty busy at night so make sure you make your reservation. It's a good place to eat brunch. And! They let me and husband split the filet mignon plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the bestJoeyDined on 3/1/2014I've been coming here for 60 years and it is stillo basically the same as it was when I brought a prom date here in 1954. In my opinion this is the best restaurant in California and possibly in the U.S. The qualitry and taste of the beef here is above any of the "high-end" steak house chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...But pricy.jedisancho63Dined on 2/24/2014Enjoyed the food, but it was a bit pricy. The location is not all that great. Perhaps 20 plus years ago, the location was great, but the area has changed quite a bit. Nice local romantic and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I remeberedTinkerDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went back to this restaurant for my birthday. It was too loud and they are better know for steak as my scallops and my wife's salmon was not very good. Server was very friendly but overall experience was not as good as I rememberedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Will no longer patronizeRoyYDined on 2/16/2014Had a horrible experience on May 5th, 2014. Arrived around 1:30pm only to find the entrance door locked, but with several cars in the parking lot. We started to leave and found an employee in the parking lot and asked if they were closed. He said "no" and proceeded back in to open the door. We entered and were greeted by the Hostess who had no reasonable explanation for the door being locked. We were then seated. Other patrons were seated long after us, ordered after us, and were served before us. Finally, completely frustrated, we left and vowed never to return. We have been patrons of this establishement for years but will now look elsewhere to dine.
- Great service great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Great service great food! This place was excellent and I'll definitively b backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good, howeverarjessDined on 2/15/2014Food was really good, however the fried shrimp was really salty. Other than that, it was enjoyable. The service was very good. The waiting area is cozy and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently delicious!CherylAnnDined on 2/12/2014My husband and I had a lovely pre-Valentine's Day dinner on February 12. Our server was Wendy. My husband ordered shrimp and New York steak; I ordered scallops. Everything was wonderful, as always. I love the retro decor! I have been dining at Steak N Stein for nearly 53 years, and my husband has been dining there with me since we were seniors in high school. The only thing that I miss is the lime sherbet! I am glad that new items have been added to the menu; I always order the scallops, though, because you can't find better scallops anywhere! Thank you, Steak N Stein, for another lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fillet mignonOzzieDined on 2/8/2014Go for the Fillet Mignon and shrimp stay for the drinksSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy Clearman'sRichieVIPDined on 2/7/2014While Clearman's is one of our favorite's we needed to conduct some business and it was a bit noisy. Not withstanding they placed us away from the live music and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Love the many sections of resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014Love that it can be a romantic place, hang out at the bar or indoor pit/fireplace. I would definitely go back... Waiters are nice & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.