Clearman's North Woods Inn of La Mirada
14305 Firestone Blvd
La Mirada, CA 90638Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Clearman's North Woods Inn of La Mirada
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 714-994-4590
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 7149944590
A word from Clearman's North Woods Inn of La Mirada
Old historic Inns of past centuries offered food and comfort to weary travelers. Today you and your family can enjoy the tradition of hospitality and fine food when you visit North Woods Inn San Gabriel. Savor juicy steaks and large portions surrounded by the glow of Tiffany style lamps and warm, lodge interiors. Yup, there's a little folks menu, too!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Clearman's North Woods Inn of La Mirada - Best Restaurants in La Mirada ›
Clearman's North Woods Inn of La Mirada reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great place!FoodcriticqueenDined on 10/24/2014The place to go if your a meat lovin foodie and you have money to spend on a great meal! The filet minion was fantastic! As well as the salad and cheese bread!! If you're on a diet this WILL be the place to have a 'cheat' meal!! Also, if you make your reservation online, be sure to remind them if you are celebrating a special occasion. I don't think they pay attention to any special requests specified!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinner and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food was very good and the service was acceptable. I would say though that when we told our waiter that we were getting tight for a theater date, he was very responsive. I think that prices are a little high as well. To me the ambiance is a little cold, but of course, its a log cabin. The drinks from the bar were noticeably weak.Special Features:
- never a bad mealGreentireDined on 10/9/2014family group for anniversary celebration...every meal was good and service was goodSpecial Features:
- An Enjoyable Eveninggigi56Dined on 9/24/2014We decided to go to a nice dinner in the middle of the week and we were not disappointed. We love the food at Northwoods Inn. It is a little pricey so we don't go there too often but we decided to treat ourselves. The steak and lobster was good as usual although we asked for our steak medium well and it came medium rare so we had to send it back. Also, our waiter was not as attentive as he could have been. But all in all it was a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- Average foodavfoodDined on 9/20/2014Very disappointed in the food. Have been to other Clearman's restaurants in the past and had very good food; however, at the La Mirada restaurant the food was not tasty, undercooked and portions were cold and small. Will not go back to this restaurant again.
- Craft beer!YogafistDined on 8/22/2014They now serve some really good craft beers. (Bottled). I have been dining here since it opened, and still love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Chuck E CheeseRoadtrip84Dined on 8/1/2014I went for a nice dinner date on a Friday night at 8:00pm. We went with the intentions of having drinks and enjoying the environment. We were seated and everything went great until about a half hour into the dinner when a party of 15 came in with 5 kids that were totally unsupervised. The kids were yelling, running around the restaurant, smashing peanuts on the walls and jumping on the shells on the floors. The restaurant made no attempt to consider the rest of the patrons, just cater toward the other party. Once the other party showed up, all attention was removed from our table and moved. We sat for about an hour trying to talk and endure but we were ignored by wait staff and it was so loud from kids yelling, we couldn't even talk
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We had 8 people for a luncheon. The food was great.. and the service was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaMarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014The steaks were great. The bread and the two salads go great together. It is not a place were ties are needed but if you want a great steak with family this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loretta88Dined on 7/12/2014I have been going to Clearman's for years, especially Steak and Stein. I love the food, especially the cheese bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the Clearman's North Woods Inn of La Mirada reviews archive.
- 50 year cousin reuioin.odwranglerDined on 6/21/2014My wife an sister in law, havent seen their couisn for almost 50 years. Thy wanted a great place to go an have a wonderful dinner,for everyone to remember. Great food an friends,would recommend Northwoods Inn any day of the week. Ade reservation on opentable for 7pm,an 7pm we were setted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast Fit For Foodies…lovetodineDined on 5/30/2014Clearman's offers large servings on the entire menu. Their famous garlic cheese bread is melt in your mouth delicious! The two salad offering is also pleasing as both compliment each other. The assorted seafood platter was cooked to perfection…stunning in every way. Baby Back Ribs…a Friday dinner special…boasted a full, hang over the edge of the dinner platter, rack…smothered in tasty sauce, accompanied by a huge baked potato and rice pilaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2014We had a party of 9 and we were celebrating 2 birthdays. As a group - we were all disappointed in our food. My son had to send his steak back - he had asked for it medium but it came out well done. They did bring him a new one. I had ordered filet - it did not look like a filet and you should not have to trim fat or tough gristle off of a filet. I did not send mine back but I should have. Also - the bathroom was in need of attention -
- Character filledBootsAndLDDined on 5/14/2014Unique, rustic and interesting place that appears to be a local favorite. Main dining room is large, and feels very impersonal. The tables are close and there is no separation between groups, which makes it very loud...should it be a bunch of men drinking or a birthday party you are not really a part of. Food was ok. But more expensive than I would have thought and certainly for what we got. It amazed me that an expensive meal came with a gigantic baked potato and a huge serving of rice but not a vegetable in site. Talk about carb overload. Greens please. Ooh, there was the salad, if you could find it under the weight of the ranch/blue cheese dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foor But Tourist FeelSullyfishVIPDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food. The salads and garlic bread were fantastic. The steaks were cooked perfect. The decor is okay, however, that along with the servers uniforms give it a tourist feel. Like your eating at a restaurant inside a theme park. The feel and decor could be so much better. The food, however, was excellent. Will definitely return. Not for a romantic dinner, but just when we want a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LimitedJasperluverDined on 4/26/2014Although the food and service were "good" and the ambiance "fair", the menu is very limited, and is a bit pricey for dinner. It is so dimly lit it makes reading the sandwich-board-type menu (only one) on the table difficult to read. As "okay" as it was, I doubt we will be returning. The space is very large and open, and probably perfect for groups and children; 3 of us were seated at a table for 8 and felt "lost". The lunch menu is probably the better value and still limited.Special Features:
- Love everything ,the steakDougoDined on 4/5/2014Love everything ,the steak was cooked the way we liked , every one got the food at the same time, can't WAITE until we go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Went there for the first time and loved it. Want to go back everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last HurrahMarkDDined on 3/26/2014Been here many times. Our company often uses this restaurant as a special occasion dining location. This trip was a nice gesture for those of us not transitioning on with the new parent organization. Sad reason for going..but still a nice experience. As good as it was going to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night 2.28.2014dinnerwinnerDined on 2/28/2014Service was good. Salad was unusual, and good. My girlfriend's fish was cut in the wrong direction, which made it hard to eat My filet was a bit dry and had some gristleSpecial Features:
- Company DinnerBuddyDined on 2/18/2014Went with a group of 8. Food was delicious. Everyone had a great time. We all got full but continued to feast from drinks, appetizers, entrees and dessert. I recommend going here at least once if you have never been here before. You will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsLuv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Our food was prepared perfect. Good service. We dine here frequentlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DInnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We had an early dinner at North Woods Inn with the boys (Ages 7&10) The steaks were tender and cooked exactly to out preference. The salad and cheese bread were fantastic. Overall the place was a hit with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day DinnerLuvs2EatDined on 2/11/2014This place has always been a family favorite. A little on the pricey side, but they make up for that in the portion sizes. I usually persuade someone to split a dinner w/ me & still have food to take home. Dinner was great - first time for daughters BF & he enjoyed it as well. Dinner was topped off w/ a complimentary sundae for the b-day boy. Nice evening.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Four of us had dinner at Clearman's Saturday evening. We all thought it was very overpriced for what you received. I ordered the lunch portion of baby back ribs and they were very tough. My salad was plain iceberg lettuce - boring! We were seated in a room right next to a large party celebrating a birthday and it was extremely noisy. We were all disappointed in their "famous" cheesebread. It was soggy and very greasy. We would not recommend this restaurant.
- Good timeLeeisoddDined on 2/1/2014Went for lunch when they opened. Having beren there before, I knew what to eat. The salads are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much food!lalapenguinDined on 1/18/2014The salads that come with dinner meals is fabulous. Always love eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a BirthdayPattyDined on 1/11/2014Made the reservation on-line through Open Table - the front check in desk had issues finding the reservation - finally did. Waiter did not acknowledge the birthday - even though he knew that is what we were celebrating. Others had the desert with singing. Guess you have to specifically ask! Otherwise everything was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualPorkierDined on 12/21/2013Expensive but well worth it. The cabbage salad is simply something to die for. Many rave about the cheese bread but to me it is only slightly better than that at Sizzler; however, the red cabbage is has not been duplicated anywhere else. Of course, the steaks are the highest quality and always cooked to perfection. It's a "steakhouse" so order a steak and you won't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rustic good diningaverageJoesDined on 10/19/2013The place has a stuffed beaver, dear and other animals. You throw peanuts on the floor. I love it. The food is good. The cheeses bread is worth the heart attack. The table salads (marinated cabbage and green leaf) are better mixed and yummy. The drinks are strong pours. The steaks are good. I would like to see the veggies be a lot better. I dont like over steamed veggies. They really do need to be steamed fresh for every dish. But I go back. Not a fine dining location, but a good laid back hearty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerPresDined on 10/8/2013Dinner meeting for a business group. It was not very busy but it was very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but come hungry.BIllDined on 9/27/2013Great food, but come hungry. Cheese bread and salads are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great great!CareBearDined on 9/21/2013I have been going to the North Woods since I was a little girl and it hasn't changed...well except the prices! The food is always Perfect!! We always leave full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came BackLouisVIPDined on 9/21/2013Been a while since we were there, Don't know why cause not only is the food great, the prices are wonderful. Wish it was closer to where we live, a great piano player on weekends.Special Features:
- Still as good as ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013Great meal and service from an old chain of restaurants. Thats why they are still in business in today's market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food 10. Service 3Luv2eatDined on 8/29/2013We are easy folks. Have dined at various clearmans over the years. The waiter we had hear was not the typical waiter that we are used to at clearmans. Not friendly. Couple minor issues with our orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual upscalenuckingfutsVIPDined on 8/24/2013The Northwoods in has been a classic for years with my family. Its a place to go when you dont want the expensive a la carte steakhouse expirence. This steakhouse does things diffrent and more classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but thesteaklover11Dined on 8/16/2013The food was good, but the overall look of the restaurant is dated. I think the rustic feel is great, but the chairs, tables, barstools are tired and worn looking. Also, the lighting is really too dark for all the wood inside. Brighten it up! I would be back and recommend if the ambiance was better.Special Features:
- Clearman's North Woods InnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Came for a birthday celebration. Great place to celebrate. Service was very good. However, the food is overpriced for the quality. But, have to put that aside, as they still serve the traditional cabbage slaw to mix with the green salad. And, the potatoes are monsters. No way can you eat all of this food. Ordered the rib eye steak and it was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice enjoyable eveningTheresaDined on 7/15/2013A very nice enjoyable evening with out of town guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.