Clay Oven Palace
329 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Clay Oven Palace
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://clayovenpalaceonline.com/
- Phone: (856) 854-7300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Ved Sharma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Clay Oven Palace
Clay Oven Palace is a restaurant that showcases the foods of colorful India. Clay Oven Palace’s Buffet serves a variety of savory recipes from India"s rich tapestry of culture and culinary traditions. Every day, our Executive Chef, Ved Sharma, is working hard to prepare the various authentic Indian home-style dishes, using only natural spices and ingredients you will find on our a-la-carte menu and daily lunch buffet. Our chef prepares a fantastic feast buffet that includes everything from appetizer to dessert. This includes exotic curries, succulent tandoori meats, long grain basmati rice, vegetarian dishes along with salads, chutneys, and fresh baked Naan, truly a meal fit for families and friends to enjoy! Chef Ved Sharma has worked for two restaurants previously in his hometown of New Delhi before given the opportunity to come abroad to the United States. His traditional home style type of cooking provides an authentic Indian meal unique from anywhere else.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clay Oven Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BoliverDreaminDined on 10/17/2014The visit here is always enjoyable the helpful suggestions for making selections is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Indian Food EaterAngieDined on 9/28/2014For my first time trying Indian food, I'd say it was a success. We had the sampler for an app and the fried veggies were my favorite. My husband enjoyed the chicken marinated in yogurt. We both had lamb entrees. He had curry which I liked better than my lamb dish. The entrees were great for sharing. My favorite thing was the garlic naan!!! I wish I had brought extra since my husband liked it as much as me.Special Features:
- Authentic tasteBhaveshDined on 9/20/2014Starters with crispy papad were delicious. I also recommend their veg beriyani, it's my best choice now (unique combination perfectly cooked basmati rice with saffron, cardomon, clove, caschews, lots of vegetables and spices). Sweet gulabjamun was good. For Excellent service 5 stars.Special Features:
- So-so DinnerFoodieloverDined on 9/19/2014Food not the greatest. Lamb was tough and fatty. The attentive waitress ask how we liked our spice levels. One of us asked for medium spice the other asked for mild --- the spices were not even noticeable. Don't think we will return.Special Features:
- ALWAYS DELICIOUS!totodancerVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is our new go to place! I can't get enough of the food. I don't like most american "indian" places. It all seems the same and fake. This place doesn't try to hard with decor and is super delicious food. It's authentic, and food you wont get at those other places. Plus the prices are INCREDIBLE! We've been here at least 10 times this year and have yet to have a bad meal or bad service. It's quick and fun! We have great conversations over a bottle of wine whenever we go and the staff is fun! If you haven't tried, it's a MUST!Special Features:
- Good Indian cuisine, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Unprententious with well made authentic Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food great serviceMisslolaDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit and we enjoyed it even more than our first. The first time we went was great too, but the food was cooked even more to our taste this time and it was absolutely delicious. The service here is great. The owner clearly takes pride in the quality of the food and making sure that customers are happy. I think this is the best indian food around and we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always YummytotodancerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Can I go again already? It's our new favorite place to eat! Food is the best authentic Indian around. IndeBlue is more fusion, but not necessarily authentic. Plus it's way more expensive. I'd rather go here for the non-special occasions. Every time we get the bill we're amazed because we always get enough food for an extra 2 meals! It has wonderful flavors, and choice of how much kick you want. It's amazing!Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Clay Oven Palace reviews archive.
- Felt like familycarlykbadVIPDined on 7/22/2014Some of the best service I've received -- very friendly and accommodating, delicious authentic Indian cuisine with plenty of options for special diets. Felt like we were family! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian foodMisslolaDined on 7/19/2014I was excited to try this new Indian restaurant and I was impressed. The food was very good and very reasonably priced. Good Indian food depends on the quality of the meat and the meat here was very good. We had the mixed appetizer and it was a large portion of good food and the fried part was not greasy. I had the chicken tikka masala and he had the lamb vindaloo. Both were great the only complaint we had was that we asked for very spicy and the food was not close to spicy. It was very flavorful but we really like spicy. The naan bread was excellent. The service was superb and the restaurant was small but clean and comfortable. We will be back and next time we will ask for extra spicy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good DinnerRCNJDined on 6/29/2014This is the 4th time we've met friends here for dinner. The food is delicious, the service is excellent and we are never rushed. Great place to enjoy family and friends.Special Features:
- Mack1631Dined on 6/27/2014Second time here and loved it again! Not sure how it compares to other Indian restaurants because this is the only one I've been too. That being said, myself and the party I was with all enjoyed the food and the experience. Will definitely be going back.
- Great foodheadDined on 6/14/2014The food is fantastic but I feel as though they underestimate Americans ability to handle spice. The service was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an authentic mealkdt41Dined on 6/13/2014I have been to the Clay Oven several times now, and each meal has been a delight! The food is authentic, the atmosphere simple, yet pleasant. The lunch buffet was particularly good and reasonably priced. Just a few blocks from downtown, it is easy to get to and a better value! A definite MUST TRY on your Collingswood Dining List!!!Special Features:
- this will be a hot place soontotodancerVIPDined on 5/25/2014Love this place! Amazing food crazy low prices! Wonderful service! You must try! The location isn't the best or in the main part of collingswood, but its worth it. And there is actual parking with is awesome compared to down town. Yum! We will be forever customers!Special Features:
- Amazing hidden gem in Collingswood!CollingswoodFoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great food and service in this neighborhood indian restaurant in collingswood. Fresh hearty portions full of flavor that will keep you coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kittyDined on 5/3/2014Loved it here. Everyone was so nice! and the food was great. My boyfriend said "this is my new favorite Indian place", so we will be back again for sure.Special Features:
- The Clay Oven PalaceAliciaDined on 4/29/2014My boyfriend and I went to the Clay Oven Palace for my birthday dinner to try Indian cuisine for the first time and we were absolutely blown away. We informed our server that we had never tried Indian food before and she took the time to walk us through the menu and explained what the popular dishes were. We settled on an appetizer that samosa chaat which was crispy, yogurty, and the perfect combination of flavors. We ordered the Chilly Chicken and Shrimp Nargisi and were amazed. The curries were extremely rich in flavor, and so different and delicious in their own way. Needless to say, we will be coming back to this hidden gem and I've already recommended it to everyone who will listen!Special Features:
- was excited to write a review!totodancerVIPDined on 4/26/2014This place is a gem! Get in now while its still new and people are finding out about it. I have no bad points to make about this place. Food was really good Indian food! My boyfriend loves indian food, and spice, and I cant handle spice, but they worked with us and it was sooooooo good. Both of us thought it was perfect.There was so much food we have to take it home. So we got two meals, and the price made my boyfriend recalculate it cause we thought they missed something! So cheap, but you would never know it by the food. The service was wonderful! For my single ladies out there, our waiter was cuuuuuuute! Perfect all the way around! Well be back! And soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Food in Relaxed AtmosphereVegetarianVIPDined on 3/23/2014BYOB with reasonably priced food and pleasant service. Chef is able to customize some of the entrees for individual preferences. Extensive menu. This is the kind of place where you can meet friends, enjoy a good meal, spend time visiting without feeling rushed, and pay the bill without needing a bank loan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/22/2014This was the best curry we ever had. Everything was obviously freshly prepared with the freshest of ingredients. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. When we asked she said they were always pretty quiet. What a shame. People of Collingswood get along and sample this excellent food - you won't be disappointed. If you're wary of Indian cuisine they will cook it mild for you. We come from Scotland where curries are very popular and with food of this standard this place would have been overflowing on a Saturday night. We were going to a concert at the nearby Scottish Rites Auditorium so if you're ever headed there eat at Clay Ove Palace first - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRCNJDined on 2/22/2014This was our second dinner here. It was excellent as it was the first time. The food, service and friendliness are all wonderful. The first time we went with 2 other couples and this time with one other couple. Service is timely, but we were never rushed and could enjoy our friends as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodShottiDined on 2/14/2014This was my first experience having indian food it was very good and the staff was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Small gem in Collingswood, NJDonnaVIPDined on 12/31/2013A bit away from the most popular section of Collingswood, but worth finding! The is one of THREE great Indian restaurants in this town.Special Features:
- First time I ever had IndianMack1631Dined on 11/23/2013First time I ever had Indian cuisine and was blown away. My girlfriend, who has enjoyed Indian food many times, said it was the best she ever had. We were nervous because place was empty on a Saturday night but so glad we went in. Waiter was friendly and efficient and place was clean and uncluttered. We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But Too Creepy For UsjennylizDined on 11/20/2013I am sad to say I only gave the restaurant 3 stars for my overall experience. Even though the food was amazing and extremely affordable, the creepy quietness kind of ruined it for us. My boyfriend and I were the only people in the restaurant, other than the host and the cooks in the kitchen. There was no music, and things were just a little too creepy for our liking. Yes, we pigged out on some delicious Indian food, but we couldn't really enjoy it. It just seemed as if everything we said was being listened too. This restaurant is only a block away from our home too! I wish it was more inviting and had better hours so there would be more customers there. Perhaps we'll just have to order take-out from there next time.Special Features:
- Great findEvelynDined on 11/8/2013I'm glad I found this Indian restaurant. The food is delicious and the service is excellent. Most of the time when I dined at an Indian reataurant it takes can take over 20 mins before I get my order but here at Clay Oven the food came in 5-10 mins. There's plenty of street parking in front do the restaurant too! A great bonus and a hard find in Collingswood. I will definitely go back and it's not even around the corner for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Pleasant AtmosphereVegetarianVIPDined on 10/24/2013Nice place. Good food with waitstaff and a chef who are willing to accommodate requests. BYOB. Easy parking. Nice and easy evening out.Special Features:
- Comfortable, Friendly, Good FoodVegetarianVIPDined on 9/22/2013Clay Oven is good, solid Indian food with exceptional waitstaff in a pleasant atmosphere. They go out of their way to make sure you order something that will work for you. Prices are moderate with BYOB. Easy parking. A neighborhood winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Solid FoodVegetarianVIPDined on 9/5/2013Clay Oven Palace is a few blocks away from the hassle of "downtown" Collingswood. It is easy to park and the atmosphere is pleasant and quiet. The staff is eager to please and willing to adapt entrees to fit the preferences of diners. BYOB. Definitely a place to go back to.Special Features: